Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 07:19   Link #501
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Old 2011-11-11, 07:20   Link #502
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well about 13hrs in and only still in the first town Whiterun. Have been gallivanting around for the Companions and the Jarl. Good times, good times.

Created a Dunmar "spell blade" (melee/caster hybrid) it's great fun. Just need to get to the stage so I can summon weapons IMO. heh. But really, it's pretty hilarious to duelwield spells.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:05   Link #503
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ugly as sin.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:06   Link #504
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ok... I see now what Keroko ment...

5h left and I can play!

EDIT: Ok, I followed some advice, deleted the local content and retried the installation. This time he startet to install it from the disc.
Very strange... i got a "Steam server is too busy" message before he startet to download it all, so I guess this had to do with it somehow.
Now 5 hours turned into 10 minutes.

Last edited by Kyral; 2011-11-11 at 09:34.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:18   Link #505
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
snip

Lol funny stuff !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:36   Link #506
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Installation was about 20mins off my disk another 5 for the rest on steam, then bam right into the game!
I think they were asking about the size. It's 6GB as announced already when the specs came out.

Gotta say I'm glad I got my SSD drive in time for Skyrim. Can't say about installation when Steam does it for you when downloading but in game .. Loading screens? Not for me. They just briefly flash there, you don't even get to see the '' smoke '' on the left corner.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:27   Link #507
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I think they were asking about the size. It's 6GB as announced already when the specs came out.

Gotta say I'm glad I got my SSD drive in time for Skyrim. Can't say about installation when Steam does it for you when downloading but in game .. Loading screens? Not for me. They just briefly flash there, you don't even get to see the '' smoke '' on the left corner.
shush you, skyrim! sorry yea I did get confused again. that time it was about 4am in the morning and no sleep ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Ugly as sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I was hopin for serious answers

Eh, Synaesthetic say's he looks pretty boss. thats all that matters :P , note its very easy to make a pretty woman.... Not so easy in Oblivion I'm gonna make my female character today until TOR beta opens.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:51   Link #508
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Spoiler:
I lol'd, hard.

On another note, I'm playing an Orc, enjoying it so far - wish the quest pointers were a little more clear with side quests though, been wasting a lot of time with that....

I'm also finding the difficulty a bit of a step up - just went into the shimmering cave thingy and got annihilated. Does this one not scale to level like Oblivion did? If not, that's good in the long run!
Old 2011-11-11, 12:00   Link #509
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
I lol'd, hard.

On another note, I'm playing an Orc, enjoying it so far - wish the quest pointers were a little more clear with side quests though, been wasting a lot of time with that....

I'm also finding the difficulty a bit of a step up - just went into the shimmering cave thingy and got annihilated. Does this one not scale to level like Oblivion did? If not, that's good in the long run!
Yea I remember that damned cave, I gave up on it till I get higher levels. and as far as i can tell, no it doesn't scale like oblivion. (Thank, GOD-er talos...akatosh?.. what ever )

Quote:
Graphically look worse than Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 and yet hardware requirements are alot more stringent.
Playing on Ultra on 1920x1200 and in the first 5 minutes, there are moments it dipped as low as low 30+ FPS. The only other poorly optimized game of this calibre is Witcher 2.
From gamefaqs no less, This person hardly knows what they are talking about -_- and off the Dark Soul's board there , they are trying so hard to piss me off with their "Hur dur skyrim's combat is sooo trash, Dark Souls spoiled me! I can only accept a game that entirely revolves around combat, and not much else."

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-11-11 at 12:30.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:58   Link #510
jedinat

Quote:
note its very easy to make a pretty woman....
Hah, you obviously didn't see the Breton presets. Easier than Oblivion though, simply because the system isn't broken as hell.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 13:12   Link #511
Aqua Knight

It's nearly impossible to make a young handsome man...
By the way does anyone know how to make screenshots in Skyrim and hos to rotate items on PC version?
I mean I press "C" = zoom but can't rotate..
Old 2011-11-11, 14:07   Link #512
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
The beginning IS MEANT to be demanding. Think of that as a benchmark.
that's probably the most demanding part.
Old 2011-11-11, 14:41   Link #513
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Still on expert difficulty:
Spent almost 30 minutes trying to kill a troll (they are pretty strong and self regenerate but are weak vs fire) as a melee character. End up having to give up .

I still feel that the game difficulty toning is "a little bit off" - a lot of the elites I have killed pretty much died to being "dumb" (allowing me to run away, heal up, recharge stamina, then re-engage and perform my power attack, rinse and repeat). Another case is this bandit leader at the top of a cave: I am able to easily outheal+outshoot him using a bow: but if I am to ever engage him in a melee fight where he takes out his lightsabre 2 handed axe he will turn me into a meat pie in 3 swings.

My friend is playing an assassin type character: dual wielding daggers and sneaking around. he found the game to be almost impossible since a lot of mob packs watch each other's backs, and he just cannot survive any "boss" fights.

Is the game easier for you mages out there? (esp after getting a follower)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 15:18   Link #514
Dist

Haven't met a troll yet but dunno about it being easy .. Spriggans owned my ass within seconds . Sabre Tiger clawed me to death with one blow . Giant blew me like 100m up in the air

Those damn undead things in the caves where Shouts can be found from are damn hard too (the ones with the greatsword). I could have a follower but I don't want one. I like to be and play on my own. Besides i like to kill everything and everyone... I'd end up killing my companions sooner or later :x

I've been mostly roaming about and doing quests around the second city so I haven't even managed to go to the magic school way up north. I should head there soon.. It's obvious that my basic shock/frost/fire spells are almost useless against tougher enemies.

The game is really fun though as a mage, unlike Oblivion where mages were like.. the most useless thing ever without some balancing mods. And now spells actually look different.. gotta love dual wielding spells or wielding a blade and spell in another hand.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:44   Link #515
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
It's nearly impossible to make a young handsome man...
By the way does anyone know how to make screenshots in Skyrim and hos to rotate items on PC version?
I mean I press "C" = zoom but can't rotate..
To move the item you hold the left mouse button over the item and drag it around. and a screen shot is F12 for PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Hah, you obviously didn't see the Breton presets. Easier than Oblivion though, simply because the system isn't broken as hell.
Nah, I like my women Nordy But I saw the presets my female nord ended up looking meaner than my male ._.

on a side note, LOVING THE GAME! 9.9/10 the 0.1 will be included once some issues get patched, like undead surrendering, mammoths flying up into the sky and falling, Menu is a bit loose like when I try to click on a type of items i want to buy it will exit the merchant screen @_@

#1 Troll in the game, Undead that laugh at you if you take to long to kill them. They had my eye twitchin in annoyance
Old 2011-11-11, 17:09   Link #516
Dist

Screenshot on PC is .. uhh, screenshot button. It even says '' Screenshot saved '' ...
Old 2011-11-11, 17:46   Link #517
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Screenshot on PC is .. uhh, screenshot button. It even says '' Screenshot saved '' ...
F12 is the steam screenshot button I believe....
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 17:50   Link #518
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Finally getting used to the favorites button, but I still wish there was a shortcut keys like in oblivion. on my num pad mouse, all my middle buttons were Sword,bow,2hander and the outter buttons were spells.
Old 2011-11-11, 18:32   Link #519
Dist

^There are shortcut keys..? Press 1-9 on favorites menu.
Old 2011-11-11, 19:03   Link #520
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:

I tried that but it's damn hard to put something over the npc heads more so if they start moving. Only was able to put for a few secs before it falls out.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim