AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 18:36   Link #1161
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Horses are true warriors , they don't even fear Dragons
I remember when i was low lv , Horse got all the taunts & kills....

Anyway , it's a pain to increase Alchemy... so low.
And i don't understand how the 2nd/3rd/4th effect works. I mean when you try to mix them up & get the result at the end.
For ex: If i want to have a potion with Light Armor+ , 1H+ & Sneak+ , i tried to mix the items that show me those effects but still didn't get them or it didn't work.
Alchemy Grind:

1. Map out all the giant camps. Kill the giants and get their toes.
2. Go to an Alchemy store, buy all of the ingredients (Might hurt your profit at first)
3. Mix Potion. Giant Toe + Wheat = 500 to 1000 profit potion. Also the HIGHER the price equal the HIGHER the exp gained.
4. Wait 48 Hours. Repeat 2-4 until 2 weeks has passed and kill Giants again.

Alchemy - Third ingredients doesn't do anything. It helps you test out the ingredients, and it will make the most expensive potion. Look on the wiki for the recipe. Each ingredients has 4 effects, combine two ingredients with the same desired effect to get the desired effect.
Old 2011-11-26, 18:38   Link #1162
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thanks for advice guys. Will try it. I'll save before trying many combinations.

Well for ingredients it's not really a problem(perhaps) cuz i didn't used mine until now , when i saw how alchemy is harder to grind than Enchantment & forge.
Seems like i'll need to do the sleep routine too.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:09   Link #1163
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

if you find it to be too much of a pain, just use an alchemy trainer at the lower levels. It will save you a lot of time and headache. The loli vampire in DB is a master lvl trainer.

If you already have enchanting, have a +alchemy set and also a better prices set. Since money is quite easy to make I just get into the habit of buying every single ingredient in shops. This is an infinite loop since you are buying all their ingredients so they have money to buy your potions.

I wish skyrim has better buff interface so I know when my potions expire.

http://skyrim.iamnoah.com/
http://keke.itarium.ch/uploads/alch_values.txt
Both helps a lot.

On something awful:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 21:20   Link #1164
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Whiterun happens to be next to the stables. In Skyrim, horses are the natural predator of dragons. Whiterun is safe.
You forgot Farkas. When a blood dragon got into whiterun on my playthrough, he tanked it like a beast boss.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:05   Link #1165
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
if you find it to be too much of a pain, just use an alchemy trainer at the lower levels. It will save you a lot of time and headache. The loli vampire in DB is a master lvl trainer.

If you already have enchanting, have a +alchemy set and also a better prices set. Since money is quite easy to make I just get into the habit of buying every single ingredient in shops. This is an infinite loop since you are buying all their ingredients so they have money to buy your potions.

I wish skyrim has better buff interface so I know when my potions expire.

http://skyrim.iamnoah.com/
http://keke.itarium.ch/uploads/alch_values.txt
Both helps a lot.

On something awful:
Those are some impressive potions...

Btw,why sometime my mana regain is so much faster when not during battle? I remembered walked out of mage guild, and my mana basically regained non stopped. Lvl up my illusion from 19 to 85 within half an hour that way.

A thief so definitely want an invisiblity spell. Atm i only can kill mobs back to the wall by cause noise to lure it out, and stab him when he 's walking back. Invisibility gonna help a lot
Old 2011-11-27, 04:57   Link #1166
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Those are some impressive potions...

Btw,why sometime my mana regain is so much faster when not during battle? I remembered walked out of mage guild, and my mana basically regained non stopped. Lvl up my illusion from 19 to 85 within half an hour that way.
From the wiki there's a list at the bottom of the page of potions with 4 positive effects at max alchemy: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Potions_%28Skyrim%29

And magicka doesn't regen when you're casting spells, which is a major problem. The best way to go around it is to click spam spells instead of holding on to the mouse button.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:44   Link #1167
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
And magicka doesn't regen when you're casting spells, which is a major problem. The best way to go around it is to click spam spells instead of holding on to the mouse button.
An interesting side effect is that if you ran out of magicka while using healing hands on a follower, you can try to heal faster with the little magic you get by simply tapping the button repeatedly. The taps allow more magic to recover so you can heal faster.

I don't know how it happens, it just does.
Old 2011-11-27, 05:46   Link #1168
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

A few interesting observations from this morning;

1. Foxes can run underwater.

2. Honeyside (Riften home) is really, really good. I like Whiterun as much as anyone, but the garden alone is worth me moving. Housecarl is pretty effective in battle too.

3. My moral integrity in this game has slowly eroded to the point where I think nothing of stealing from people's homes and enticing people to attack so I can slaughter them.

4. The dual-sword beheading finishing strike is awesome.

5. Running places is so much more fun than using Fast travel all the time.

6. Got "Explorer achievement", discovered 100 places in about 43 hours. That's a mere fraction of what this game has to offer. Epic.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 06:00   Link #1169
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
A few interesting observations from this morning;

1. Foxes can run underwater.

2. Honeyside (Riften home) is really, really good. I like Whiterun as much as anyone, but the garden alone is worth me moving. Housecarl is pretty effective in battle too.

3. My moral integrity in this game has slowly eroded to the point where I think nothing of stealing from people's homes and enticing people to attack so I can slaughter them.
1. I always wondered why the foxes tend to drown themselves when they see me. Glad to see they survived.

2. Heard about that. Whiterun home is meant to be tiny and need switching.

3. The lack of a morality stat means the only moral in the game is, indeed, your own. The only real punishment is people might send thugs after you, but that seems more like a good source of magic weapons once you are a decent level. Indeed I think this is what morality should be in single player. You are who you are.

Mind you, it is a bit mean that one of the Achievements, the collection of daedric artefacts, cannot be done unless you perform evil acts for evil demons.
Old 2011-11-27, 06:30   Link #1170
Jaden

I just consider pleasing the various divines and demons a necessity. After all, they will eat my soul if I don't, and some faithful ones will get their work done anyways.
Old 2011-11-27, 06:53   Link #1171
Feiticeira
You're kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I just consider pleasing the various divines and demons a necessity. After all, they will eat my soul if I don't, and some faithful ones will get their work done anyways.
HAHA, most definitely. Wabberjack ftw.
Feiticeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 07:19   Link #1172
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feiticeira View Post
HAHA, most definitely. Wabberjack ftw.
The lord of Madness wasn't evil though. At least the mission wasn't. You were just helping a mad king's soul to rest in peace. It was more a cameo of Oblivion MC than a serious mission.

The mission for Molag Bal is slightly okay because the person you kill for him is actually the follower of ANOTHER evil demon lord. So you haven't damned an innocent person.

But there are other, slightly more troubling missions... Like the one where you have to literally murder a follower. There is supposedly a glitch to get around this.
Old 2011-11-27, 07:57   Link #1173
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Can't bring myself to do that one (Boethiah's quest), even if it's a random follower (500 gold hire from Riften, for example). Ebony Mail isn't that great anyway.

I'll probably do Meridia's quest at some point though, the Dawnbreaker is useful and he/she isn't that bad for a daedra...or maybe that's just further proof of my declining ethical standards in Skyrim.

Everyone should do Azura's quest though, the Black Star is one of the best items in the game.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:14   Link #1174
Who

Attempted to use the console to add Nocturnal to marriage faction.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 13:05   Link #1175
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Can't bring myself to do that one (Boethiah's quest), even if it's a random follower (500 gold hire from Riften, for example). Ebony Mail isn't that great anyway.

I'll probably do Meridia's quest at some point though, the Dawnbreaker is useful and he/she isn't that bad for a daedra...or maybe that's just further proof of my declining ethical standards in Skyrim.

Everyone should do Azura's quest though, the Black Star is one of the best items in the game.
Nah, he's more on the neutral side of life. He won't use mortals to kill innocent people etc, but he will force you to kill evil stuff.

and Nocternal... Wow they really wanted to make sure she was sexay they put hardly the same effort into Sheogorath and the others who don't even really show up at all.

I loved stickin it to Dagon tho haha.
Old 2011-11-27, 16:12   Link #1176
lightbringer
M9000

The Windhelm home is still the most impressive though. It has more mannequins and display racks and wall mounts and book shelves than you can shake a stick at. The Solitude home, which costs twice as much, just can't compete.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:24   Link #1177
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I have been doing this from the very beginning.

I also pickpocket most people I bump into, but it does bother me that even at 90%, I found myself getting caught a bit too often.
Old 2011-11-27, 16:28   Link #1178
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
That ebony mail is great, I like its life poison and 100% stealth movement.
Besides, you can pretty much cap DEF Stat with a standard Legendary Ebony set and some perks.
Old 2011-11-27, 16:41   Link #1179
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and Nocternal... Wow they really wanted to make sure she was sexay they put hardly the same effort into Sheogorath and the others who don't even really show up at all.
Sheogorath is actually the default male Imperial face of the Oblivion player character, plus the official Sheogorath outfit you get at the end of the expansion pack. In short he looks unimpressive because he is designed to remind you of Oblivion.
Old 2011-11-27, 17:32   Link #1180
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sheogorath is actually the default male Imperial face of the Oblivion player character, plus the official Sheogorath outfit you get at the end of the expansion pack. In short he looks unimpressive because he is designed to remind you of Oblivion.
Oh snap you're right! Ha! I want more previous hero's references.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim