AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-07, 04:43   Link #141
Mahnx

cant wait for the new episode =D
Mahnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 06:11   Link #142
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I bow down to this artist's sense of humor.

Source: http://4040.in/
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 07:26   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I take it that lil' strip is of things to come. =D
Old 2006-04-07, 08:32   Link #144
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
The ending animation felt more like tons of smooth in-betweens with somewhat detailed movement, more than motiontracing (rotoscoping?). They did a good job making sure the face moves slowly while the character does a motion so that it looks more eye-catching. But rotoscoped things have a bit more movement, than that, I think (you'd see the hair and stuff move a bit more).
Actually rotoscoped animation in general tend to look unnatural, which is not the case here. The smoothest movements are just done with more keys and in-betweens and are exaggerated forms of natural movements, rather than direct traces of them. Unlike 3D and mocap, with 2D many are prepared to tar and feather anyone who even suggests of rotoscoping. (but that didn't stop even Disney from doing it).

Of course, I'd need a bigger view of the dance sequence to tell for certainty...but I also think they might have purposefully shrunk the dance sequence because they couldn't feasibly draw as much detail and still make the motion seem realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
boy that brought back memories of my high school German language class movie project ... we did a parody (3 stooges style) of the Third Reich giving a "everything is a-ok" news conference as Allied tanks were roaring by in the background and bombs dropped on us.
Yeah it reminded me too of my group german film project. We did Godzilla, complete with legos and puppets.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 10:09   Link #145
wao
OK.

I guess that's why the dance sequence isn't that long and the movements aren't that complicated - so that they could make it very smooth and get the timing exactly right.

Last edited by wao; 2006-04-07 at 10:24.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 13:02   Link #146
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This may look on the surface like a bad student video project, but in fact, you know, it isn't. It intentionally reproduces the kinds of things that might happen in a bad student video, but it could only have been made by top professionals. Every frame is esthetically beautiful, and the visual timing, to say nothing of the comic timing, is superb.

And I for one am eager to see a serious side to the anime. In fact, the comedy is so perfect that I already see a serious underpinning. The beautiful enthusiasm of Haruhi in the face of this disaster is quite moving, as are Mikuru's hard work and serious intentions, and the powerless embarrassment of the members of the SOS. For me, this episode was able to touch something deep with its inspired silliness.

Fanboy enthusiasm, I know, but that's how I feel.

As for the animation of the rest of the series, I think we do see bits of what it's going to be like in the scenes of screening the film for the SOS club, and in the shot of the outside of the school. It's going to be great, but not as amazing as the dance sequence, which is a special deal for the ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 14:23   Link #147
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Yeah, when she bursts out laughing you can't help but laugh too.

By the way

x Tsuruyu
o Tsuruya
ありがとうございます! I really need to pick up the subbed version ~_~
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 18:15   Link #148
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm a little late coming to the party, but the hype convinced me to check out ep 1. And holy crap! That was brilliant!

It's satirical comedy that actually shows a good amount of subtlety... but it was hilarious and an extremely clever parady of anime. I was continuously lol'ing for the entire first half of the episode. Add in KyoAn's gorgeous animation, and this looks very much like a hit.

Very much looking forward to the next episodes because the glimpse of Suzumiya we got makes her seem like she's a real character. And considering the quality (and cleverness) of humour we saw from the first episode, I think it's fair to have high expectations for this one, no matter what road it goes down (eg, if it decides to be a character analysis of the main character, or just a high school comedy ala School Rumble).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 02:39   Link #149
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I didn't expect it to be so hilarious LOL That was a great watch ^-^ can't wait for more ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 14:55   Link #150
Seiryuu

Forgive the dense question. When you say he ____ her, I assume that the blank means it's a little bit more than a kiss on the cheek?

edit: What I mean to say is did he do something unmentionable. Also, what does tsundere mean?

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2006-04-08 at 18:50.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 15:48   Link #151
candy

I really didn't expect anything when I watched this. Right when the video started I noticed that this was going to be some sort of parody/homemade video. I thought "I bet some character is watching a video" but it kept going and going and I couldn't stop laughing at the quality of the direction. Like when Koizumi is holding the white paper thing and is in the shot or the craptastic final battle effects. It's genius-quality work on many levels, I can't wait for the future episodes!

Mi-mi-mirakuru Miku-run-run! Stuck in my head xD
candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 16:10   Link #152
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Forgive the dense question. When you say he ____ her, I assume that the blank means it's a little bit more than a kiss on the cheek?
Who said anything about a kiss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy
Mi-mi-mirakuru Miku-run-run! Stuck in my head xD
Denpa-kei musics tend to do that, congratulations, you have a good reception to denpa.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 16:54   Link #153
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Someone found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86B_E...page=1&t=t&f=b

Here's the comparison video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/17527561/...mpare.avi.html
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 17:14   Link #154
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Just a little query on page 7 Kyousuke, posted a full gif of the dance scene as one continous scene. However when i save it to pc it stops half way though any1 know how to fix this?

Also the 3 chars we see dancing seperatly, a girl and 2 guys, are they in a different class or different grade?
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 20:56   Link #155
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
edit: What I mean to say is did he do something unmentionable. Also, what does tsundere mean?
An otaku term for a character who is outwardly mean, but sweet on the inside. Naru from Love Hina is a good example.

Hah~ I was able to rip the OP for my cell phone~ Now I can listen to Yuuko's offkey singing everytime my phone rings~ XD Interestingly enough, people find it hauntingly catchy...
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:29   Link #156
raideralan

Is there only one group subbing it?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:43   Link #157
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Hah~ I was able to rip the OP for my cell phone~ Now I can listen to Yuuko's offkey singing everytime my phone rings~ XD Interestingly enough, people find it hauntingly catchy...
I think i'm gonna have to steal that lil' idea of yours. ^^;
Old 2006-04-08, 22:44   Link #158
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Heh heh, I love how she's off the beat at the start of the song, like Haruhi was sitting next to her playing the song on a tape deck and she was like waving for Mikuru to start singing...

Mi..MiMirakuru Mikurun-run! Mi-mi-mirakuru Mikurun-run!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:01   Link #159
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Eek, I just noticed that there's a thread for this. And it's a tl;dr thing. darn.

Oh well. I love this anime, and that's all that matters. Three cheers for this anime!!!
Old 2006-04-09, 01:47   Link #160
wao
OK.

I don't think this has been posted here but... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=86B_EJQf_yg&search=haruhi

It's the Haruhi ending with Gundams Some wota with a lot of time...

EDIT: whoosp, it's been posted already - sorry for the double post! Evidently my search skillz are greatly in need of honing.

I'm totally expecting people to do a version of it with the figurines of the characters when or if they come out.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen