AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-27, 01:18   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Hum you should perhaps tag some spoiler tags for those who hadn't seen the end of this anime yet?
Sorry - I thought that the title of thread would be a pretty obvious spoiler indication (since it's impossible to explain the end without spoilers), but I added the spoiler tags anyways.

I'm almost done with the second part...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:40   Link #42
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler:

And so ends my plot summary! I hope this makes sense, and that I got the order of things right, as I am doing it all by memory! Onegai Twins has gotta be one of my favorite shows, just for the pure light-hearted fun of it all, but with just enough depth to make you care for the characters. I enjoyed it a lot, and had fun writing this summary.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2004-01-27 at 02:06. Reason: added one little tidbit from the epilogue that I had initially forgotten to mention and clean-up
Old 2004-01-27, 02:24   Link #43
perth

[QUOTE=relentlessflame]
Spoiler:

this is the part i don't get.

In both series onegai twins and onegai teacher the president (forgot name) plays a big role and i believe she always knows what is going on with everyone.

might be because she

Spoiler:

i loved this series and i cant wait for the ova to come out to clear things up and i can't wait to see if there is going to be a third season and i really hope there is. i wonder what it is gonna be about maybe the hentai brother and sister

this is my second favourite series of all time both onegai twins and onegai sisters
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 02:29   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth
Spoiler:

this is the part i don't get.
Spoiler:

I hope that helps clear it up a bit.
Old 2004-01-27, 02:36   Link #45
perth

thank you that did clear a lot up
Old 2004-01-27, 02:48   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
thank you that did clear a lot up
No problem! I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who likes this show. It seems as though a lot of people around these boards didn't like it much, as it devitated a bit from Onegai Teacher. Not having seen Teacher yet, though, I really thought Twins was great! I'm also hoping for a third series (and hopefully I'll get to see the first season in the meantime. My poor wallet though!)
Old 2004-01-27, 02:56   Link #47
perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
No problem! I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who likes this show. It seems as though a lot of people around these boards didn't like it much, as it devitated a bit from Onegai Teacher. Not having seen Teacher yet, though, I really thought Twins was great! I'm also hoping for a third series (and hopefully I'll get to see the first season in the meantime. My poor wallet though!)

i watched teacher after twins and if you want teacher i can help you.
Old 2004-01-27, 03:07   Link #48
perth

one more thing

in this series there are things that are censored and i was wondering if they were always censored or if the were censored while being subbed

an example

onegai teacher ova

the toy the mom has when th boy (main character forgot name) was tied to the bed
Old 2004-01-27, 03:21   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
one more thing

in this series there are things that are censored and i was wondering if they were always censored or if the were censored while being subbed

an example

onegai teacher ova

the toy the mom has when th boy (main character forgot name) was tied to the bed
Hmm... I'm not sure... did you notice anything censored in Twins, by chance? If so, what sub were you watching? (I was watching AonE-Inf, and don't remember noticing anything that may have been censored in the sub, but who knows...)

Edit: As a total aside, I've been reading some reviews of this show, and I'm surprised at how many people considered this show to be extremely "ecchi", mostly because of the nudity. But, for some reason, I didn't really find it to be that "ecchi" at all, simply because there really was very little sexual about it at all. To me, it was like "oh, they're having a bath, so they're naked". Sure, it was fanservice, but I really didn't find it to be over-the-top at all, for some reason, mostly because of how down-to-earth those scenes were. I mean, I don't even think girls would find it offensive... a bit obsessive and over-used maybe, but it just didn't seem that perverted to me because of the way it was played. A lot of people also found it "ecchi" and taboo because of the "we might be family" side of the story... but once again, I didn't find it "naughty" or anything. If anything, I thought the story was more cute than anything else, and the slight (and I do say slight) ecchiness of it only made the show more fun. I guess I'm just trying to understand the criticisms that people have of this show, and having a hard time with it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2004-01-27 at 04:07.
Old 2004-01-27, 15:45   Link #50
perth

Quote:

Edit: As a total aside, I've been reading some reviews of this show, and I'm surprised at how many people considered this show to be extremely "ecchi", mostly because of the nudity. But, for some reason, I didn't really find it to be that "ecchi" at all, simply because there really was very little sexual about it at all. To me, it was like "oh, they're having a bath, so they're naked". Sure, it was fanservice, but I really didn't find it to be over-the-top at all, for some reason, mostly because of how down-to-earth those scenes were. I mean, I don't even think girls would find it offensive... a bit obsessive and over-used maybe, but it just didn't seem that perverted to me because of the way it was played. A lot of people also found it "ecchi" and taboo because of the "we might be family" side of the story... but once again, I didn't find it "naughty" or anything. If anything, I thought the story was more cute than anything else, and the slight (and I do say slight) ecchiness of it only made the show more fun. I guess I'm just trying to understand the criticisms that people have of this show, and having a hard time with it.
yeah i know what you mean if they think this is ecchi then they should watch hanaukyo maids. they would probably call that hentai.
Old 2004-01-27, 15:56   Link #51
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
i watched teacher after twins and if you want teacher i can help you.
Please don't discuss any sort of transactions involving licensed materials anywhere in this forum.

Here are the rules: http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=15

Rule 1: Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 18:14   Link #52
perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Please don't discuss any sort of transactions involving licensed materials anywhere in this forum.

Here are the rules: http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=15

Rule 1: Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.

sorry won't do it again.
Old 2004-01-27, 18:16   Link #53
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
sorry won't do it again.
Fair enough, enough said.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 06:45   Link #54
nubby

OK. There's something i dont get. What about the supposedly leaked uncut photo of the 3 of them? I examined the file and it looked real. Was there a last minute change to the story?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:29   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
OK. There's something i dont get. What about the supposedly leaked uncut photo of the 3 of them? I examined the file and it looked real. Was there a last minute change to the story?
Do you have an example of said uncut photo file? I'm confused! So there was some photo leaked on the web about Onegai Twins that showed... what?

Without knowing anything about this, my speculation would be... perhaps they leaked a photo to mislead people? (Like get people thinking they've got the ending all figured out, only to end the series an entirely different way?) As for the anime, it's pretty clear who is and who isn't related. (A lot of people seem to get messed up by the epilogue, though, where they talk about the childhood photo, but that doesn't change anything.)

Anyways, I need more info, because now I'm curious. Where can I find this leaked photo file?
Old 2004-02-02, 04:11   Link #56
NeverRamza

They might be related... but then again they might also be strangers...
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 07:39   Link #57
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I´ve also heard about a diary(the diary that Karen read in the neighbourhouse) is out on some website(might be fake). Maybe i read it on this forum... dont remember, anyway, does anyone know something about it?
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 08:24   Link #58
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
They might be related... but then again they might also be strangers...
Even in the end of the anime the statement still haunts me, because it put the whole series down the drain for me. I hope there is an OAV to clear everything up.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 09:35   Link #59
nubby

Quote:
Do you have an example of said uncut photo file? I'm confused! So there was some photo leaked on the web about Onegai Twins that showed... what?

Without knowing anything about this, my speculation would be... perhaps they leaked a photo to mislead people? (Like get people thinking they've got the ending all figured out, only to end the series an entirely different way?) As for the anime, it's pretty clear who is and who isn't related. (A lot of people seem to get messed up by the epilogue, though, where they talk about the childhood photo, but that doesn't change anything.)

Anyways, I need more info, because now I'm curious. Where can I find this leaked photo file?

It was the same one the 3 of them had except this one was not cut at the right[or was it left=p] side of the picture. It showed another kid standing right there. I can't believe nobody remembers about this because everyone was making a big fuss about how everything was spoiled!
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 02:00   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
It was the same one the 3 of them had except this one was not cut at the right[or was it left=p] side of the picture. It showed another kid standing right there. I can't believe nobody remembers about this because everyone was making a big fuss about how everything was spoiled!
Odd, because in the anime they ended up saying that Karen was asleep for the photo, thus she was not "cut off". (Besides, I didn't even know or notice that the photo was cut off... Is there any evidence it was cut off in the anime?) Perhaps it was a fake, or published to deliberately mislead? I wasn't around these boards when all this happpened at first (when OT first came out), so that's why I'm so uninformed.

I've gotta admit, though, I'm genuinely baffled by the fact that so so many people (not just on these boards) were confused by the ending of Onegai Twins. The only thing they really didn't clarify was why all three of them knew each other as children, but the "who is and who isn't related" bit seemed crystal clear to me.

All this is, of course, unless the OVA comes out of the blue and totally messes the last episodes up by revealing that, "guess what, we're all actually related, after all"! I guess we can only wait and see...

So, just out of curiousity, was it the epilogue lines that led to the confusion for most people also? (Where they finally revealed about the photo?)

Tags
comedy, romance