AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 17:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, BDs/DVDs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Chuunibyou related merchandise - including... art books, figurines, games, manga, CDs, OSTs, Blu-Ray Discs, DVDs, etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
Old 2012-10-31, 08:23   Link #2
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
BD/DVD Volume 1 will be released on 2012/12/19. It will contain the first two episodes and retail for 6,930 yen/5,670 yen (BD/DVD). The first pressing will contain a 24 pg full color booklet, a Nozomi Ousaka newly drawn postcard, eyecatch postcards, and come in a digipak 3-sided case.

Included on the disc is an untelevised short DEPTH OF FIELD~ A Love and Hate Short, a Black Rumble Dakutibite (Black Action Report) footage, web next episode previews, textless OP/ED and the news flash teaser. It will also come with cast/staff audio commentary and Japanese subtitles.

These BDs are cheaper than any other previous KyoAni series. K-On!'s BDs were 7,950 yen while Kadokawa priced theirs at 7,980 and 7,350 yen for their latest shows.

The following volumes are released on these dates:
Vol. 2 - 2013/1/16
Vol. 3 - 2013/2/20
Vol. 4 - 2013/3/20
Vol. 5 - 2013/4/17
Vol. 6 - 2013/5/15

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-04, 07:14   Link #3
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
BD/DVD Volume 1 will be released on 2012/12/19. It will contain the first two episodes and retail for 6,930 yen/5,670 yen (BD/DVD). The first pressing will contain a 24 pg full color booklet, a Nozomi Ousaka newly drawn postcard, eyecatch postcards, and come in a digipak 3-sided case.
A sample of the first BD was revealed on the live radio show this week. The packaging is a 3-sided case with a digipak that opens up from the middle of one side. Here's 4 still photos or you could view the sparkling from a re-capture of the radio show (go to 3:30).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-04, 11:09   Link #4
rulfo

Those look damn mighty sweet. I really like how they made that.
Old 2012-11-08, 03:28   Link #5
rulfo

Some proper images for the BD.

Images
BD & Extra Merch

Images
BD OVA

I can't wait! Also can someone clarify me with the LE BD.

I've been getting rumors that the this will be sold only on a couple stores. Can someone clarify I'm eager to place some order.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:57   Link #6
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
I've been getting rumors that the this will be sold only on a couple stores. Can someone clarify I'm eager to place some order.
Don't believe rumors you hear about this show. The video discs will be sold at many stores; just look at the number of stores offering bonuses on the listing.

Also, let's talk about those images. Here's the description from Pony Canyon's Enumura
Quote:

Here's the outside case. I think you can see how shiny it is. The unique background printing style we've used makes it glitter. Look closely and you'll see that the background is Rikka-themed with her Mauser and Schwarz ZX Prototype Mark II.

The case is printed via Mat PP processing, so it gives a nice silky feeling. With how thick this case is, you really get the impression it was well-made. Now let's look at what's inside...

The gate is sealed. Let's open it!

Whoaaaaa!
This magic patterned disc appears to be coming from Rikka's hand. By the way, we're preparing different patterns for the next volumes. The Dark Flame Designer Soka-san is looking over them as best she can!

We can also finally reveal the included extras! On the left is Nozomi Ousaka's newly drawn card board and in the middle/right is postcards from the eyecatches. Ousaka-san's Rikka is also so cute!

Continuing, I'll introduce you to part of the booklet. Production sketches, staff discussions, explanations on how the Supervisor was obsessed about fixing this and that, etc. This booklet is really filled! My own recommendation is the room of Chaotic Disturbance Rikka has. (laughs) At 24 full color pages, this booklet is well worth reading.

Since you've made it this far, let's introduce our bonus footage. First, the un-aired short movie, Depth of Field ~ A Play About Love and Hate
Wha...What the heck is this?! It can't be....a panoramic monitor/linear seat?! (umx note: reference from Heavy Metal L-Gaim)

For some reason it's nice to see some mechs arrive!!!!!!!! We've only seen these images yet I feel they'll play a role in it. Where will it go from here?!

Continuing onwards, the Black Action Report is a documentary about the cast's extracurricular activities (?). In the first volume, the four girls of Black Raison d’etre visit Kyoto Animation.

They're closely packed around Supervisor Ishihara's seat. What the hell is he showing them? In this KyoAni Journalist Arc, the girls get shown around each section by Supervisor Ishihara.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-15 at 16:38.
Old 2012-11-08, 06:21   Link #7
rulfo

Believe me if I completely knew how to read I'd do the searching myself.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to purchasing this.
Old 2012-11-15, 08:59   Link #8
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

One reason why otaku buy shows from certain stores are the bonuses that the stores give when you purchase 1, 3, or all volumes of a show. I've made a list of all the store bonuses, but I wanted to bring attention to the newly drawn boxes from Animate, Gamers, HMV, and Tsutaya:
(Clockwise from top left: Gamers, HMV, Tsutaya, Animate)

Old 2012-11-15, 09:15   Link #9
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I really feel like buying the DVD now.
Old 2012-11-16, 07:16   Link #10
rulfo

DVD/BD Extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
YouTube
Old 2012-11-16, 15:47   Link #11
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
One reason why otaku buy shows from certain stores are the bonuses that the stores give when you purchase 1, 3, or all volumes of a show. I've made a list of all the store bonuses, but I wanted to bring attention to the newly drawn boxes from Animate, Gamers, HMV, and Tsutaya:
Better image of Animate's box from IEEE:

Old 2012-11-20, 08:29   Link #12
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

KyoAni's standard playing cards are out. For the four suits, each girl transforms from her school uniform to her chuunibyou outfit.

And for the joker...it features that user of dark flames:

Old 2012-11-20, 13:02   Link #13
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Why does Kumin have a chuunibyou outfit?
Old 2012-11-20, 15:13   Link #14
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Why does Kumin have a chuunibyou outfit?
Kinda-sorta justified because although she herself is not a chuunibyou patient, we've seen Rikka incorporate other people (Touka, specifically) into her delusions. May be a thin excuse, but...
Old 2012-11-20, 15:22   Link #15
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

actually only yutta and rikka wear their chuunibyou outfit. rest is just standard costume

Old 2012-11-20, 19:50   Link #16
sky black swordman

I reallly like Shinka Nibutani chuunibyou outfit.
YAY , Mori-sama!!
Old 2012-11-20, 19:51   Link #17
ChronoReverse

That is absolutely amazing. DFM as Joker is genius too =)
Old 2012-11-21, 01:02   Link #18
Toreno
すごい!

This looks really amazing.

Actually I'd love to buy the whole BD set, but it's so terrifyingly expensive!

Excuse me while I cry my eyes out in some corner...
Old 2012-12-04, 18:42   Link #19
mathexpert

Quote:
KyoAni's standard playing cards are out. For the four suits, each girl transforms from her school uniform to her chuunibyou outfit.

And for the joker...it features that user of dark flames:
Do you know where this might be sold? I really want to buy it (it's so awesome ><), but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet :/
Old 2012-12-04, 18:49   Link #20
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathexpert View Post
Do you know where this might be sold? I really want to buy it (it's so awesome ><), but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet :/
Use a proxy service and buy from the KyoAni Shop!. Any other place will either be a re-seller (like JList) or used copies.

Closed Thread