AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 18:25   Link #1
NeoSam

The General Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya

涼宮ハルヒ

http://www.haruhi.tv/
http://lantis-net.com/haruhi/

Its based on a novel thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) novel magazine The Sneaker.

A manga based on the novel is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

Edit:

Suzumiya Haruhi is originally a novel thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) novel magazine The Sneaker (the same magazine that serialized the seinen novel Trinity Blood).
For now there are 8 volumes released of this novel, here are the covers:

The illustrator of the novel is Itou Noiji (the same illustrator of the seinen novel Shakugan no SHANA)

A manga based on the novel is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.
There is 1 volume released of this manga, here are the covers:

This manga got cancelled (read this page of this thread to find why).

A new Suzumiya Haruhi manga is serialized in Shounen Ace magazine.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this new manga, here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Comedy.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-06-15 at 07:05.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 19:02   Link #2
NeoSam

The anime is going to be called: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yutsu (Suzumiya Haruhi Series)

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Not long after the entrance of the school, Suzumiya Haruhi introduced herself in a strange way.

“I’m not interested in ordinary people. If you came from outer space, or from the future, or you have a supernatural power, come to my place”

The classmates wondered whether she was serious or just kidding, but the rumor had speared over the school less than a month, and she became famous among all the students.
Genre: Seinen, Comedy.

I'll update the first post with the covers of the novel and manga soon.
Old 2005-12-27, 20:05   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Sounds like it could be interesting. I'll be sure to look for it when it's released.
Old 2005-12-27, 21:25   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

My dear Mikuru-tan will finally be shown animated!!! M,moe~!

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing Nagato Yuki as well.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:46   Link #5
NeoSam

First post was updated with the covers.

This is the cover of the young men's (seinen) novel magazine The Sneaker:

The bishoujo on the cover looks really cute gothic lolita (gothloli) style could she be from Suzumiya Haruhi novel or maybe some other novel from the magazine >.< she's really cute, I hope she's from Suzumiya Haruhi novel, I want to see her in the anime
Old 2005-12-28, 05:48   Link #6
Thelastguardian

One of my favourite Japanese seinen novel XD~~~~

Too bad the summary I typed up in the previous thread wiped out...

*all 10 fingers crossed and hope that the studio doesn't screw up*
Old 2006-02-06, 04:25   Link #7
NeoSam

The site for the seinen anime has been opened:

http://lantis-net.com/haruhi/
Old 2006-03-10, 23:16   Link #8
NeoSam

More official site for the anime has opened:

Old 2006-03-11, 00:41   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam

And people who have read the novel would know that they really have the balls to actually make the official SOS-dan HP as it was described!!
Old 2006-03-11, 02:20   Link #10
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
And people who have read the novel would know that they really have the balls to actually make the official SOS-dan HP as it was described!!
Except for that Petabytes (or EB?) of data on the logo, I guess.

Less than a month now...

Edit: And that visitor counter?

Code:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
document.write("0000");
document.write(Math.floor( Math.random() * 10));
document.write(Math.floor( Math.random() * 10));
// -->
</script>
lol

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-03-11 at 02:44.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 09:58   Link #11
NeoSam

According to 7andy: Volume 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi manga will be released on 25/4/2006

I already checked where its serialized. its serialized in Shounen Ace magazine. (I'll post the cover when its available)

There are two Suzumiya haruhi manga? , and both of them are running in the same magazine Shounen Ace (check first post for the other manga).

Probably I got something wrong >.< can someone explain this?
Old 2006-03-12, 10:56   Link #12
rale

Quote:
According to 7andy: Volume 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi manga will be released on 25/4/2006

I already checked where its serialized. its serialized in Shounen Ace magazine. (I'll post the cover when its available)

There are two Suzumiya haruhi manga? , and both of them are running in the same magazine Shounen Ace (check first post for the other manga).

It looks like there was originally a manga based on the books, back in 2004, but it faired poorly and ended after 1 volume.

Now theres a new one thats currently in serialization, and the first volume will be released next month.
rale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 11:12   Link #13
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale
It looks like there was originally a manga based on the books, back in 2004, but it faired poorly and ended after 1 volume.

Now theres a new one thats currently in serialization, and the first volume will be released next month.
Thanks a lot rale

Ahh Thelastguardian, I remember you said something about the manga being horrible with the artwork (from the previous deleted Suzumiya Haruhi thread), that expalins why it ended after 1 volume >.<

I'm really hoping that the current manga running in Shounen Ace will be much better, and maybe someone will scanlate it >.<

Anyway, I'm waiting for the cover of it to come out, and maybe the cover will give us a clue about the artwork of the new Suzumiya Haruhi manga.
Old 2006-03-13, 03:59   Link #14
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Ahh Thelastguardian, I remember you said something about the manga being horrible with the artwork
If you put the novel and the manga side by side with their pages open, you would ask "ehhh, what happened?" That's what I did.

Anyway the new mangaka is the one responsible for the manga for this (famous, I guess, given its history) series

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Amazon jp

Looking good, I would say.

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-03-13 at 10:34.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 04:53   Link #15
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

Basically, a manga was released back in 2004 which covered "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" (the first volume) whose art was done by Mizuno Makoto.

It got harsh reviews saying that artwork does not match Itou Noiji's (illustrator for the original novel) and the story being abridged to leave the reader clueless to the mystery.

The manga was scrapped into "kuro-rekishi" ("dark history" = anachronism; a material that is viewed as it never happened and not to be discussed again. Other notable examples include "Macross II" and "Highlander 2").

Simply put: It's so awful, it is considered to be non-existent.
Old 2006-03-16, 01:48   Link #16
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

So it's confirmed that the air date will be 4/2.

The anime HP design is brilliant, I say.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 07:31   Link #17
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:

Crappy website looks like some 5-year old shoved a couple of doodles on the floor, and his daddy slammed a scanner on top of the pile and then calls it a 'webpage'.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 13:45   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Crappy website looks like some 5-year old shoved a couple of doodles on the floor, and his daddy slammed a scanner on top of the pile and then calls it a 'webpage'.
Well actually, that is how the webpage was described in the novel - Suzumiya Haruhi drew her own pictures and uploaded it as the background. As a pun, the illustrations for the backgrounds were done by Hirano Aya - the seiyuu for Suzumiya Haruhi.

The credit below reads

"Nekoman" illustrations by: Suzumiya Haruhi (Hirano Aya)
Old 2006-03-21, 21:19   Link #19
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well actually, that is how the webpage was described in the novel - Suzumiya Haruhi drew her own pictures and uploaded it as the background. As a pun, the illustrations for the backgrounds were done by Hirano Aya - the seiyuu for Suzumiya Haruhi.

The credit below reads

"Nekoman" illustrations by: Suzumiya Haruhi (Hirano Aya)
real authentic isn't it...
StanAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 22:25   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That page is impossible to mistake for any other. It looked like a mess to me at first, but its uniqueness gives it something special, especially since it was drawn by Suzumiya Haruhi herself (Hirano Aya). As my eyes learn to see it, I've gradually come to like it. And today a link showed up there that actually worked, lol.

As a fan of Gotou Yuuko (Kaede in Shuffle, Nanami in Lamune) I'd like to point out that she is one of the two other main girls in this show (Mikuru). The third main girl (Yuki) is played by Chihara Minori, who plays Erika (the tall foreign girl) in Lemon Angel Project (which I am blogging).

It may be an indication of how much this show is being anticipated in Japan that there are already four threads on it at 2channel: almost 4000 posts.

Finally, here is a link from 2channel to some video captures of a TV feature on Gotou Yuuko posing for publicity shots for the show:
ttp://www.pandora.nu/seiyuu/gbbs/img-box/img20060316040453.jpg
Not great shots. For fanboys only.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-21 at 23:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen