Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-20, 17:09   Link #21
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailordareone2300
what about Kaishonachi on Ebichu?
Ah, see, when it comes to hamsters he is sadly inexperienced...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 17:10   Link #22
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailordareone2300
what about Kaishonachi on Ebichu?

Ebichu is the BOMB
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 17:40   Link #23
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

you see he gets nose bleed from Ebichu sayings
Sailordareone2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 19:12   Link #24
nooc

Err.. why, oh why does the maid woman in Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Gu bleed noseblood?
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 19:57   Link #25
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooc
Err.. why, oh why does the maid woman in Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Gu bleed noseblood?
She's a yuri...
(I think that's the term)
Iridi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:08   Link #26
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
LOL liar you PERV you didnt have much sleep and water cuss you where too bussy watching all the Ecchi stuff
Whaaa!!! Anyway I'm quite healthy now thank you very much.

I really need to cut up on the ecchi stuff though (those bishoujo game to anime conversions of last year are happily over). For now, yay to shoujo-ai!
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 23:40   Link #27
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Are you serious? A fatality from a nose bleed because of a glance at a cute girl? Wow, imagine that. Appearences can be lethal eh? Either way, I'm laughing my ass off right now.

The way I see it, looking at a cute/sexy/beautiful/(attractive) girl and getting a nose bleed doesn't make sense, at least in real life. I thought when you (guys) look at an attractive girl, you get an erection. And blood flows away from your head to your penis to aid the erection. Hence, there would be less blood up in your head, so less chance of nose bleed...although I could be wrong. But it would explain why we (guys) "think with our dicks instead of our brains" when we're horny, and therefore do very stupid things.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 23:59   Link #28
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Well, the anvil thing was a bit far from the nosebleed idea.. but I think it can be interpreted in these ways:

1: that ridiculous disease you mentioned earlier. Thats about as dumb as Disgraphia. If you don't know what it is....good.

2: since the blood is flowing to the "member", then it's flowing so fast that it bursts through the nose along the way.

3: Japanese are weird, man.

4: A stupidly suggestive idea that the person just... "climaxed", but in a way that will avoid it being taken off mainstream anime tv.

5: That girl will make you more than nosebleed if you get under the sheets with her.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 00:39   Link #29
LVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It's a "Japanese cultural thing" just like getting hit by an anvil is "an American cultural thing" that I don't understand (i.e.: why an anvil, instead of something more heavier like a car?).

I dont know if its a "Japanese Cultural Thing" but its a good visual representation. It just shows a 'rise' in blood pressure (if you catch my drift).

Furthermore, the whole anvil thing comes from the idea of "who would expect an anvil?" It heightens the hilarity by amplifying the absurdidy. You already have talking animals hitting each other with shovels and pushing them down stairs and throwing them out windows...an anvil is just a little unexpected.
LVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 00:42   Link #30
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

To repeat someone else's question: Who's the girl that gets a nosebleed in FLCL?

The most notable example of a girl getting a nosebleed is Bel from Guu, but that's an extreme case (those who've watched the series would know what I mean )
Old 2004-01-21, 01:02   Link #31
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it's actually a group of girls
during the whole baseball deal, Haruko is doing something to Naota, and the girls in that weird watchtower-thingy (the one where eyebrow guy works) see it and begin to get nosebleeds and "that look" on their faces
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 07:38   Link #32
Tboz

Heh... there was a similar thread in the Naruto forums.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=403
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 14:22   Link #33
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
it's limited strictly to virgins?
so Sarutobi from Naruto is a VIRGIN!?!?

also the PERV SENNIN, and the 3erd HOKAGE.....i dont think these old dudes are still virgins
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 15:26   Link #34
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
"Well, I guess Im going to do a little teaching about noses and blood.

When you see a naked girl your heart starts to pump your blood faster in order to irrorate the ...hmmm lower parts faster.
Now, the nose is very "weak" to high temperatures because the venis that are used to bring the blood in the nose are as thick as hairs, or ever smaller.
If the heart pump faster the "attrite" between the capillars walls and the blood starts to raise the inner heat of the venis, and thus the nose capillars, under the force of both the body inner heat and the high pressure, breaks.

Its the same in summer, because the elevate heat makes the nose bleed.
Ever see a girl nosebleed? Probably not, because their hearts pump less blood (there is nothing to "erect", after all....) and thus the capillars in the nose are subjected to less attrite and less bleeds.

Notice that Im not too comfy with english medical words."

Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 15:33   Link #35
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I remember that the blond woman (I forget her name...) in Cosplay Complex having loads of nosebleeds, whenever she got near kids. As for nosebleeds, it comes up a lot too in chinese comedy movies...must be a asian thing. The only time I get nosebleeds is when I get allergies and man did I make a mess whenever I had them.
Old 2004-01-21, 15:55   Link #36
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

That woman must have a lolita complex!
Sailordareone2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 20:33   Link #37
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
"Well, I guess Im going to do a little teaching about noses and blood.

When you see a naked girl your heart starts to pump your blood faster in order to irrorate the ...hmmm lower parts faster.
Now, the nose is very "weak" to high temperatures because the venis that are used to bring the blood in the nose are as thick as hairs, or ever smaller.
If the heart pump faster the "attrite" between the capillars walls and the blood starts to raise the inner heat of the venis, and thus the nose capillars, under the force of both the body inner heat and the high pressure, breaks.

Its the same in summer, because the elevate heat makes the nose bleed.
Ever see a girl nosebleed? Probably not, because their hearts pump less blood (there is nothing to "erect", after all....) and thus the capillars in the nose are subjected to less attrite and less bleeds.

Notice that Im not too comfy with english medical words."

Here's the more well known alternative that i saw once before on some boards: when you see a naked girl the blood in your body rushes to your head when you become aroused and erect ( ) and so anime takes care of this by having the blood gush out of a character's nose, hence the blood rushes to your head. This is probably the most convenient paradox I have seen in an anime.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 11:54   Link #38
Chaos571

Send a message via AIM to Chaos571
I read (I believe in another forum, but i'm not sure) that the reason they get nosebleeds is because of the mixture of eating peanuts and chocolate (or just chocolate covered peanuts) and becoming aroused which causes nosebleeds because of the testosterone.

If you find my parenthesis confusing, read it without them, it still makes sense.
Chaos571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 15:05   Link #39
uzumaki

hey isnt it this thing when old japanese grannies used to tell their grand kids (boys probably) or something that if they stared at a pretty girl thet'll get a nose bleed ...
probably like that thing when they say that if you lie your tongue will go black or you nose'll grow long or something///
ya i think thats it.
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 16:55   Link #40
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
hey isnt it this thing when old japanese grannies used to tell their grand kids (boys probably) or something that if they stared at a pretty girl thet'll get a nose bleed ...
That's far more likely than any of these ridiculous medical explanations being posted.