AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-03, 10:03   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:37   Link #2
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
"Any questions?"
"Let's do this."

Don't ask where I got that quote from.

Highlights:

Spoiler for horahorahorahorahora:

Sorry, I can't contain my excitement for this episode it seems

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 12:54   Link #3
tsunade666

What's with the crappy animation on this episode. I feel angered at the first few scenes or rather the whole animation of the episode. They cut the whole animation's budget around that it's not even funny.

I didn't get to see the one who burns the enemy to ashes be burned inside out.

Do they need to make it all red like sun burn or something?

But even with my lots of complain. I still give a 10 for being the last scene and I mean the last few scene. Like the new girl turn into a victim with the cross fire of 2 different factions and the gar mode on. are the highlights for me.
Old 2010-12-03, 13:50   Link #4
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's with the crappy animation on this episode. I feel angered at the first few scenes or rather the whole animation of the episode. They cut the whole animation's budget around that it's not even funny.
Clearly they spent too much of the budget on fanservice last episode...
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 14:34   Link #5
tsunade666

They can't make a decent fight scene but they make a great emphasis on the body of Oriana when she bumps into a middle school kid. ( -_-) p
Old 2010-12-03, 16:41   Link #6
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

really, the animation of most the episode was bad, and what an ugly tsuchimikado he only regain his shape in the second half of the episode, the music was good, most of the episode was enjoyable, but the third rate animation really throw me off.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 16:43   Link #7
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They can't make a decent fight scene but they make a great emphasis on the body of Oriana when she bumps into a middle school kid. ( -_-) p
This is not necessarily a bad thing. >: )

Watching the episode now. The chase at the beginning was very good. And uh, oh. We get more Komoe & Index at the start of part 2 <3

Mikoto looks so cute in sports wear Uh, oh. And now she is blushing... Hnnnng.

Last edited by zarqu; 2010-12-03 at 18:07.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 17:59   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Meh animation wise I don't mind but what I did mind was some bad scripting /writing this ep.

I mean Touma knew there was a chance that feedback would happen yet after Fukiyose is hit he stands there looking on and we have Tsuchi tell him the basics and what to once again, even tho he should already know.
As soon as Fukiyose was hit, Touma should have ran over and dealt with the problem straight away.
It would have shown that the lad can think for himself and would have made the scene much better overall.

Besides that I quite enjoyed this ep, loads of Biribiri blushing!
Old 2010-12-03, 18:21   Link #9
Dahak86
Classics never age

lol, Touma sure had to use his hand a lot this time... even being used as a "shield"... poor Touma. but they're right, that's his place.
Stiyl also had it tough...
and, c'mon Touma => http://sadpanda.us/images/297831-4QF290M.gif -- really, I know you want to do it with Misaka already, (who wouldn't?), but can't you just wait for a better time/place?
Fukiyose getting hit and falling was a bad -and- a good view at the same time.

SPOT the DIFFERENCES =>
Spoiler:

GIFs =>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-03, 18:39   Link #10
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Hmm, the animation was spotty this ep, especially Tsuchimikado, he looked like Hiruma from Eyeshield for a while. However, the scenes where Touma erased Oriana's magic looked rather good. And the music was great.

Also, Stiyl using Touma as a ascapegoat was much funnier than I though it would be, despite the fact that it was a serious scene there. Misaka's blushing was amazing, I didn't know humans could get to that shad e of red.

Overall, good episode, a 9/10.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:44   Link #11
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
SPOT the DIFFERENCES =>
Spoiler:
i had moticed some changes but i thougth they were only for touma(who was very girly) and accel(who looked too much like kota tsuchiya), this probably points for a code geass-like DVD/BR version.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:50   Link #12
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 9:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Meh animation wise I don't mind but what I did mind was some bad scripting /writing this ep.

I mean Touma knew there was a chance that feedback would happen yet after Fukiyose is hit he stands there looking on and we have Tsuchi tell him the basics and what to once again, even tho he should already know.
As soon as Fukiyose was hit, Touma should have ran over and dealt with the problem straight away.
It would have shown that the lad can think for himself and would have made the scene much better overall.

Besides that I quite enjoyed this ep, loads of Biribiri blushing!
Yeah, Touma is acting rather stupid there. I'll chalk it up to shock and inexperience though, unlike Stiyl and Tsuchimikado he's just an amateur who only know about Magic around 2 months ago, even this whole mess with Oriana happens before he even had lunch so maybe he's rushed and tired.

Still, compared to original source....I'm not sure, it's written medium after all, it's harder to point out how fast he act, and I forgot whether he needs Trollingmikado reminding him or not. Definitely for the first with Stiyl, unsure about the second one with Fukiyose....
Old 2010-12-03, 18:53   Link #13
Seihai
スマイリウム

The girl Touma saved from being crushed was really cute.
Old 2010-12-03, 18:56   Link #14
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Really, what were they doing with the animation this episode? Tsuchimikado and Oriana looked pretty weird (especially Oriana's hair). Fukiyose looks slightly different from before as well.

I tried posting excerpts but there's so much important information on the specifics of how the magic here works that it exceeds the text limit by far.

As such, here's Fukiyose's collapse only:
Spoiler for volume 9 worst counter:

To Saturn Beaver: That girl is Kongou Mitsuko, a Level 4 with the ability "Aero Hand" which propels the objects she touches with a strong gust of wind. She and Kuroko have a rival thing going on between them and she's a stereotypical self-centered ojou-sama type.

Quote:
It's called being in shock. Tsuchimikado snapped him out of it. The episode didn't portray this very well, though.
Old 2010-12-03, 19:00   Link #15
Dr. Casey

Hm, I didn't know there were so many changes to the ending song. The only difference blatant enough to notice it myself was Index's walk towards the end (Which actually startled me for some reason).

I thought the girl that Touma saved was Saten at first. Shame that it's just some random chick.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:05   Link #16
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Touma is pissed, the falcon punch is coming, the heavens shivers
Old 2010-12-03, 19:12   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Randomly using Imagine Breaker as a 'solve-em all' isn't feasible, you know. Just because it works 99% of the time doesn't mean it works all the time.

He's had so little experiences with magic, he needs an expert opinion to know for certain whether or not touching her in the situation is okay or not. Otherwise, he might had accidentally-ed Fukiyose if it's a magic that does something like turn your body into a Hyouka-like instable state.

Tsuchimikado should have told him that before hand though that in the worst case scenario someone touches it, he needs to rush to them asap.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:18   Link #18
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I thought the girl that Touma saved was Saten at first. Shame that it's just some random chick.
I know. She possessed an eerie resemblance to Saten, but her hair was shorter and didn't have a flower clip.
Old 2010-12-03, 19:36   Link #19
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
To Saturn Beaver: That girl is Kongou Mitsuko, a Level 4 with the ability "Aero Hand" which propels the objects she touches with a strong gust of wind. She and Kuroko have a rival thing going on between them and she's a stereotypical self-centered ojou-sama type.
Ahh, got it. Thank you very much for that, I guess I'll get around to watching Railgun one of these days. I've read the manga, but I can't remember seeing her. And yeah, even from her few seconds of screentime I can already sort of guess her character
Old 2010-12-03, 19:36   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why would you guys even consider Saten? This is Tokiwadai Middle School

As expected they cut out the point by point explaination about the shorthand and grimoire and counterspell which took up an incredible number of pages, and a not very exciting moment in a supposedly intense cat and mouse chase.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote