AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-12, 21:29   Link #5101
dragon213

anyone who knows anything about volume 10? Will it come out soon or is it on a hiatus or something?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 09:25   Link #5102
tuckersister

The author has a habit of taking a long time continuing the story. The next volume would be similar to the last two episodes of IS S2.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 07:48   Link #5103
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

To put more bluntly: I (and I think a lot of the people on the threads) think he's run out of ideas. Mainly because some of the action sequences feel recycled and the story is basically engaged in an eternal brownian motion around and around but never really going anywhere. Izuru seriously needs to think up something original and new to pep it up.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 10:35   Link #5104
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
To put more bluntly: I (and I think a lot of the people on the threads) think he's run out of ideas. Mainly because some of the action sequences feel recycled and the story is basically engaged in an eternal brownian motion around and around but never really going anywhere. Izuru seriously needs to think up something original and new to pep it up.
I personally hope Izuru would move the setting away from the school for a few volumes.
I mean, in a way, Ichika and his harem can be considered elites of the school, or maybe just his harem, and we got terrorists organization trying to wreck havoc around the world in someway, would it better to let them deal with some small incidents of stuffs like that ? They are supposed to train to join the military, damn it! I can't help but feel that Laura was right during her debut volume, most of the student in the school lack actual battle experience beyond tournaments and lacks the discipline of a soldier! Can we please have more actual plot beside the teacher and Chifuyu kicking assses ?!
This may annoy someone and I apologize before hand but other school-military setting LNs have done great job for us to believe that they are actual school for training soldiers or at least an armed force with interesting setting change that not just limited to the same goddamned school! Hidan no Aria has missions around the world! Seirei Tsukai has quests, the tournament and now an incoming continental war! Anti-magic Academy 35th platoon has missions, actual politics and conspiracies, gore, and War! Goddamn it, Izuru! Do something, you have the girls owning weapons of mass destruction on par with Gundams! At least give them missions or something!
*Angry rant over*
That's about it. Well, some of us are still crossing our fingers for the author to do justice to this series's hidden potential. I mean when some of it clones are doing better plot-wise, you really need to do something about it.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 10:43   Link #5105
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I personally hope Izuru would move the setting away from the school for a few volumes.
I mean, in a way, Ichika and his harem can be considered elites of the school, or maybe just his harem, and we got terrorists organization trying to wreck havoc around the world in someway, would it better to let them deal with some small incidents of stuffs like that ? They are supposed to train to join the military, damn it! I can't help but feel that Laura was right during her debut volume, most of the student in the school lack actual battle experience beyond tournaments and lacks the discipline of a soldier! Can we please have more actual plot beside the teacher and Chifuyu kicking assses ?!
This may annoy someone and I apologize before hand but other school-military setting LNs have done great job for us to believe that they are actual school for training soldiers or at least an armed force with interesting setting change that not just limited to the same goddamned school! Hidan no Aria has missions around the world! Seirei Tsukai has quests, the tournament and now an incoming continental war! Anti-magic Academy 35th platoon has missions, actual politics and conspiracies, gore, and War! Goddamn it, Izuru! Do something, you have the girls owning weapons of mass destruction on par with Gundams! At least give them missions or something!
*Angry rant over*
That's about it. Well, some of us are still crossing our fingers for the author to do justice to this series's hidden potential. I mean when some of it clones are doing better plot-wise, you really need to do something about it.
I agree i mean it feels like IS it feels like the only students in the school are ichika and the harem and everyone else is just junk. It has no potential and worse off the harem aspect is a borderline joke

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 10:58   Link #5106
Setsuna Asuka

Since when were they training to become soldiers?
Old 2014-12-17, 11:12   Link #5107
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
And the world government just throwing money to build an artificial island with its own dependency, conduct aptitude tests all around the world, gather teenage girls with high aptitude and teach them how to pilot a new cutting-edge weapons that surpass any jets and tanks created before only to let them go back to normal life with all knowledge on these dangerous weapons and how to use it ?
Old 2014-12-17, 14:13   Link #5108
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
This is why my fic exists. Like, here's some high school girls! Never mind that each and every one have been trained from young as killing machines, the only thing keeping them in check is that they think they are high school girls. Even though they aspire to eventually, effectively, return to the military to fight. In an Arena you say? Well, how is that not violent at all?

But Sir, you may ask, there is the Alaska Treaty! Well Treaty be damned, as soon as the need to use an IS in battle arises, the charter goes out the window.
Old 2014-12-18, 05:52   Link #5109
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...actually, I'd settle for Izuru making Dan a regular and making it actually more funny with him and Ichika together.
Old 2014-12-20, 06:38   Link #5110
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

finally read daupao's first translation of Vol9, and this:
Quote:
With seriousness, he sighs and tells the truth.

「It’s true being with Tatenashi-san is fun」

「「「Wha……!?」」」

「What’s wrong!?」

Rin was on the verge of tears and stared intensely.

「Because, well, Tatenashi-san has great style」

「Ugh!」cried RIn.

「Because she’s not domineering」

「Uggh!」cried Cecilia.

「She pushes constantly」

「Ugggh!」cried Charlotte.

「Because she doesn’t exert violence」

「Uggggh!」cried Houki.

「Because she doesn’t come to creep in my bedroom at night」

「Ugggggh!」cried Laura.

「Because she is cheerful」

「……He did quite some damage」said Kanzashi.
...seriously, Ichika. You could have said right there and then that you chose Tatenashi as your GF and none of the girls would have been able to say anything!!! (PALM) + (FACE)
Old 2014-12-20, 07:09   Link #5111
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't know...he probably wouldn't quite want to make the jump to boyfriend even if he knew he could.
Old 2014-12-20, 07:45   Link #5112
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I don't know...he probably wouldn't quite want to make the jump to boyfriend even if he knew he could.
- And WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LATELY?!? *stabs*
Old 2014-12-20, 07:52   Link #5113
HasuMasu
*Artist

EXAMS

Well, they just ended.

I'll get to it maybe tomorrow...
Old 2014-12-20, 21:34   Link #5114
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Wait, someone translated Vol. 9 already?

Where's the Medal of Honor when you need it?
Old 2014-12-21, 00:56   Link #5115
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Wait, someone translated Vol. 9 already?
Daupao only translated the prologue and 1st chapter so far on his wordpress account:
daupao.wordpress.com
Old 2015-01-09, 01:56   Link #5116
dragon213

so do anyone know something about volume 10?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 18:07   Link #5117
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
so do anyone know something about volume 10?
Any news on the main website?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 04:00   Link #5118
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Jeebus Izuru, I felt you grew lazier and lazier

....Nope, not touching it.

Quote:
「Because she doesn’t come to creep in my bedroom at night」
Apparently putting you into game of life and death is better than harem violence, sasuga Ichika. You're dead to me now, shitstain.
Old 2015-01-13, 04:01   Link #5119
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Jeebus Izuru, I felt you grew lazier and lazier

....Nope, not touching it.

What a load of fucking shite
What the hell is that ?
Old 2015-01-13, 04:54   Link #5120
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Every single description doesn't contradict what Tatenashi did

Except she done it for teh lol instead of muh jelly

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen