Notices

Old 2007-12-23, 15:06   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Kishimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshi from NF
1. Is Jiraiya dead?
Kishi : He lives..............................in your heart.
Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too. Lee? Lee doesn't need to be grown up anymore.

2. What's gonna happen next year?
Kishi : Started with Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
I'm gonna write about mainly Sasuke next year. And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

3. What kind of way of ending do you do with Sasuke vs Itachi battle?
Kishi : I can't tell. But I have kept this waiting to manga readers for a long time. So I'll have to make everyone gets content with it.

4. Describe the color of Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
Kishi : Glossy-Black

5. Describe the color of Kakashi story which you just mentioned about.
Kishi : Dark Blue

6. You said you're gonna write about Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura. What about Naruto?
Kishi : Naruto has to wait.

7. Are you gonna write the battle of each member of Hebi?
Kishi : Actually I didn't want to. But Shueisha ordered me to do with something about them.

That's all. He didn't say anything about the Akatsuki on the stage.

I also went to BANDAI-NAMCO stage after that. Junko and Noriaki showed up and played Narutimate accel 2 in front of the audience.

Junko choose Naruto and Lee as a support character.
Noriaki choose Sasuke and Deidara as a support character.

Junko won the match. But Noriaki was really kind. He sometimes stopped to wait for Junko to show Ougi.
There are a few more untranslated questions & answers, I will add them in the OP later.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-24 at 14:03.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 19:10   Link #2
Ryuujin

[Manga] Kishimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2008

Spoiler for new Kishimoto interview:

DO NOT WANT

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 19:43   Link #3
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Kishimoto is loosing the plot.. More boring stuff.

The big thing about Kakashi.. well that seems to indicate that everyone's theory about Obito = Tobi may be true.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-24 at 14:06.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:14   Link #4
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Talking

Don't you think that he made that a little too obvious? I mean give Tobi the Sharingan, then give him the mask that covers his face and with only a opening to his right eye, and Kakashi has Obito's left eye. He made that pretty obvious, didn't he? It's like Naruto and Minato, he kept it a secret for so long, but gave away so many hints(the hair, the eyes, the dream, Jiraiya's reaction to Naruto). I think it might be something else. (I hope it's not that he's gay or anything )

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-24 at 14:06.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:40   Link #5
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
1. Is Jiraiya dead?
Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too. Lee? Lee doesn't need to be grown up anymore.

I'm gonna write about mainly Sasuke next year. And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

3. What kind of way of ending do you do with Sasuke vs Itachi battle?Kishi : I can't tell. But I have kept this waiting to manga readers for a long time. So I'll have to make everyone gets content with it.

6. You said you're gonna write about Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura. What about Naruto?

Kishi : Actually I didn't want to. But Shueisha ordered me to do with something about them.
DO NOT WANT
That's some big thread over at that other forum.

1. Is Jiraiya dead?

Naruto's mentor is dead. Shika's mentor is dead. I wonder if we can start the funeral arrangements for Tsunade? If Sakura stars in a ROOT arc where she takes revenge against Danzou for Tsunade, and the Konoha 11 are all involved, then sign me up. I guess Lee's story is done. I would add Neji and the rest of the kids too. Their stories are over. Anybody hoping for that Shino or Tenten arc is going to be disappointed.

Does Kishi realize that he has been writing about Sasuke since Feb of this year? I sense a huge backlash against Sasuke coming.

3. What kind of way of ending do you do with Sasuke vs Itachi battle?
Kishi : I can't tell. But I have kept this waiting to manga readers for a long time. So I'll have to make everyone gets content with it.

A draw?

Naruto has to wait in his own manga!

I have to say some of the things about Team Hebi seem slapped together. Now I can understand why. It really sounds like Kishimoto will kill them off the first chance he gets.

Too bad this person didn't ask about the romance and couples. Then the fandom would have really exploded.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-24 at 14:07.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:19   Link #6
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
is this real?link please

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:36   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I am more interested in the date of when this was recorded. If it turns out to be true then the Naruto manga might actually brech the 500 chapter mark and go well into the 700's. Seriously scary.
Spoiler for interview:
Old 2007-12-23, 22:36   Link #8
Lunarskylar

Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:23   Link #9
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

If this is real, then I am speechless. Naruto needs to wait!? What have we gotten from him post-timeskip so far? 1 Big Rasengan, 1 4-Tails transformation and 1 Half-completed FSR. That's all! That material doesn't even span 6 chapters, and he's the title character!
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 00:17   Link #10
Naotaka
Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post

DO NOT WANT
LMAO you got this from a different site, and just copied and pasted the whole main post.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:25   Link #11
Hage-bai
Banned

If this shit is true, it proves Kishi is a complete fucktard, hack and any other denigrating name you can put to his sorry ass.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:38   Link #12
Naotaka
Sensei

Well he got you to follow along 383 chapters worth of material to this point, so he can't be as bad as you make him out to be. You may not agree with all of his plans, but he's proven one way or another he is able to make an entertaining story so far.
Old 2007-12-24, 01:41   Link #13
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naotaka View Post
Well he got you to follow along 383 chapters worth of material to this point, so he can't be as bad as you make him out to be. You may not agree with all of his plans, but he's proven one way or another he is able to make an entertaining story so far.
Nope, he's pretty much a hack.
Old 2007-12-24, 01:44   Link #14
Naotaka
Sensei

Well then he's a pretty good hack since your still reading his work, otherwise you wouldn't care what this hack does.
Old 2007-12-24, 02:46   Link #15
Hage-bai
Banned

Its only a couple of minutes a week read for me. Maybe i should end my subscription to Jump after-all, Naruto is the "flagship" piece of dung anyway. Your appeasement argument is fairly common, just because i read the manga and waste a mere five minutes a week doesn't mean i find it "interesting". I can then spend another 10 minutes venting should i please. The fact this series gets so much hype and Kishimoto so much praise which i do not agree with compels me to run my mouth here.
Old 2007-12-24, 03:41   Link #16
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
Spoiler for for the interview:
Yeah, it is too obvious.. thus, predicatable and boring imo.

Naruto being Minato's son. Well that was always on the cards as well. Predictable that may have been, we were all rooting for Naruto to have that lineage because he had always lived under the superior bloodpool of Uchiha. Minato being Naruto's father means Naruto is not inferior, something that is good for underdogs to have confirmed.

Anyway, pretty silly stuff. Kishimoto's definately dragging out this manga called Naruto to the detriment of the story. If this is pressure from the publishers which can happen, well then that's sad Kishimoto doesn't full creative control over his own story. I mean, Team Hebi... c'mon they're really not that interesting. They've done nothing so far and probably won't be more than just some manga filler fight scene.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 05:33   Link #17
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
Its only a couple of minutes a week read for me. Maybe i should end my subscription to Jump after-all, Naruto is the "flagship" piece of dung anyway. Your appeasement argument is fairly common, just because i read the manga and waste a mere five minutes a week doesn't mean i find it "interesting". I can then spend another 10 minutes venting should i please. The fact this series gets so much hype and Kishimoto so much praise which i do not agree with compels me to run my mouth here.
If nothing has been forced on you why do you believe you have the right to nag to others about a choice you made.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:31   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
If this is real, then I am speechless. Naruto needs to wait!? What have we gotten from him post-timeskip so far? 1 Big Rasengan, 1 4-Tails transformation and 1 Half-completed FSR. That's all! That material doesn't even span 6 chapters, and he's the title character!
He is the underdog, we see how weak he is compared to Sasuke and current bad guys (Pein,Tobi) so it's logical to keep him away from the scene for the time he gets stronger. It's a better choice than making another Kakuzu fight, that turned out to be a quite lame fight when Naruto joined Kakashi and the others. There should be some serious preparations behind the scenes for Naruto to make his fights beliveable. The current fight against Tobi already shows his weakness, the whole situation is being analyzed by Kakashi and Yamato while Naruto has no idea about Tobi he is just attacking him as always. All the powerful moves Naruto has right now are forbidden and dangerous for him, that's quite pathetic. He has the inclomplete wind rasengan, he has the 4 tails kyuubi form, etc. He never uses summons, we didn't see him using any wind elemental attack (not the forbidden ones, but basic).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:09   Link #19
sabret00the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Yeah, it is too obvious.. thus, predicatable and boring imo.

Naruto being Minato's son. Well that was always on the cards as well. Predictable that may have been, we were all rooting for Naruto to have that lineage because he had always lived under the superior bloodpool of Uchiha. Minato being Naruto's father means Naruto is not inferior, something that is good for underdogs to have confirmed.

Anyway, pretty silly stuff. Kishimoto's definately dragging out this manga called Naruto to the detriment of the story. If this is pressure from the publishers which can happen, well then that's sad Kishimoto doesn't full creative control over his own story. I mean, Team Hebi... c'mon they're really not that interesting. They've done nothing so far and probably won't be more than just some manga filler fight scene.
I think Hebi have some potential. I mean ultimately they're what stands between Naruto and Sasuke. Surely it's better than simply seeing the same old people fight again and again. While i agree that only Sengetsu is worth the recycled paper he's printed on at the moment. i do believe it's worth having a little faith.

sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:54   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Everything said here is more confirmation than new spoilers : There are about 50 issues during a year.
Itachi and Sasuke are finally confronting each other, the fight + the necessary flashbacks about the Uchiha massacre and probably the explanation about their tie to the Kyubi will require a good part of the year just like the fight Naruto Vs. Sasuke did.
The secondary plot of this years will most probably be about Jiraiya's last warning to Tsunade and will involve Danzou and Root with Kakashi ending up Hokage since it appears you need your teacher killed to grow up.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-12-24 at 14:14.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote