AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 16:13   Link #1801
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
"I just want to point out that the official Geass-net mobile site explains in Nunnally's profile that her blindness gives her the ability to see through the hearts of people just by touching their hands, and in the final episode she found out everything with said ability. Officially, that flashback scene had nothing to do with Lelouch and Codes.

C.C.'s profile has also been updated, and the final part of it now says: "Knowing that Lelouch does not hate her for giving him the Geass, she is now able to show her true feelings. With the realization of "Zero Requiem", her time with Lelouch, who was able to forgive and accept her, came to an end, but the memories created with him has, without doubt, saved her from eternal loneliness."

<snip>
To me this along with the Okouchi interview confirms even more that Lelouch died. I think Sunrise wanted a slight ambiguity at the end just to leave open the future possibility of a sequel, but it seems that to the CG staff Lelouch is dead. So unless and until Sunrise decides it wants to resurrect him for some reason, Lulu has gone off to the World of C.

But do you have the link to the site? I can't find it.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:29   Link #1802
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post

But do you have the link to the site? I can't find it.
This is the mobile one. A link was posted in the old specs thread IIRC. But what I want to know is if these infos were provided by the code geass staff itself, or by a random webmaster like some infos on the official website (not the mobile site).
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:33   Link #1803
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Isn't the official Code Geass website run by Biglobe, and not Sunrise? I believe that came to light when we got "trolled" by the correlative chart.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:38   Link #1804
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Isn't the official Code Geass website run by Biglobe, and not Sunrise? I believe that came to light when we got "trolled" by the correlative chart.
The normal one, yep^. I don't know about the website for mobiles.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:41   Link #1805
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Is this site updated by the code geass staff? If so, then lelouch is dead for sure.

If not, then I will just post an old update from the official website (not the mobile one)

Official website updates
Welll thereīs a point here, they told us she lost her inmortality but the truth is she sealed her code... but itīs the end of the series so I guess we donīt know if they win something lying to us...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:01   Link #1806
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
With the realization of "Zero Requiem", her time with Lelouch, who was able to forgive and accept her, came to an end, but the memories created with him has, without doubt, saved her from eternal loneliness.
While I'll admit his dying is by far the most likely interpretation of this, it is not the only one.

1) Lelouch is dead.

2) Lelouch faked his death w/ C.C., but parted ways after, just as he did w/ everyone else.

3) Lelouch faked his death and even C.C. doesn't know.

4) Lelouch didn't fake his death, but was saved anyway. (Narona's resurrected by 'the gods' theory fits here.) So C.C. doesn't know.

5) Lelouch is 'dead' but in the 'World of C' where C.C. can still communicate with him.

6) Lelouch is alive and with C.C., but not 'Lelouch' anymore. He completely abandoned Lelouch (harking back to C.C.'s statement first season that even after 'dying' in the invasion of Japan, he remained 'Lelouch.')

Just some possibilities to keep you thinking.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:09   Link #1807
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
4) Lelouch didn't fake his death, but was saved anyway. (Narona's resurrected by 'the gods' theory fits here.) So C.C. doesn't know.
Can only work if they resurrected him and got rid of his geass in the process. If not, then Lelouch can't hide from c.c. since she has a mental connection with him through geass.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:35   Link #1808
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Can only work if they resurrected him and got rid of his geass in the process. If not, then Lelouch can't hide from c.c. since she has a mental connection with him through geass.
If that were true she would have known that Mao was around before actually physically seeing him on the train w/ Lelouch.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:37   Link #1809
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
If that were true she would have known that Mao was around before actually physically seeing him on the train w/ Lelouch.
XD. You win a point.

However, that's what c.c. said when lelouch asked her why she didn't tell anything to him about nunnaly's survival. That she is not connected via geass with her.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:22   Link #1810
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
"I just want to point out that the official Geass-net mobile site explains in Nunnally's profile that her blindness gives her the ability to see through the hearts of people just by touching their hands, and in the final episode she found out everything with said ability. Officially, that flashback scene had nothing to do with Lelouch and Codes.

C.C.'s profile has also been updated, and the final part of it now says: "Knowing that Lelouch does not hate her for giving him the Geass, she is now able to show her true feelings. With the realization of "Zero Requiem", her time with Lelouch, who was able to forgive and accept her, came to an end, but the memories created with him has, without doubt, saved her from eternal loneliness."

Having read this, C.C. appears to have been talking about herself when she said this line in the end: "The power of the king will isolate you... I guess it turned out a little different after all... right, Lelouch?". The power of the king eventually leads to immortality (Code); C.C. had the power of the king and for a long time led a lonely existence, but she is now no longer lonely, thanks to her time with Lelouch."

Unless they update Lelouch's profile with some kind of "but maybe he didn't actually die" line, it seems to me that officially, Lelouch is 100% dead. None of the magazines seem to think the ending is at all ambiguous, and none of the staff and cast members seem to think so either. Okouchi, especially, appears to be pretty final about Lelouch's death in his interview ("His life had not been in vain. That was why he smiled in the end", along with his explanation as to why the punishment was necessary from the beginning). As for Taniguchi, he said only 2 things: (in the NewType interview itself) It's up to the viewers whether they want to think of the ending as a Happy End or a Bad End, but he thinks of it as a Happy End. As for what the epilogue meant, the viewers ought to work it out for themselves. The meaning behind C.C.'s final line appears to be part of what he wanted viewers to think about, though Geass-net's already given us the answer to that. Lelouch's fate, is, IMO, not part of what he wanted viewers to think about, because as far as the staff members are concerned Lelouch's fate wasn't at all ambiguous.

By the way, Shimomura Takaharu, one of the staff members involved with advertising, wrote in his "Parting message to Lelouch" (from Animedia):

"Let's all go to the World of C" (For more details, refer to the R2 drama CDs)

Looks like SE6 will feature a track about everyone going to the World of C.

Tomikawa Kiyoharu (Production Desk) has this to say to Lelouch:

"Rest in peace. I'm begging you, please don't come back ever again. (The animating process was just too much trouble!)"

Most of the staff members' parting messages for Lelouch are pretty hilarious, and are in keeping with the Geass sense of humour.
Sounds good to me, it looks like they left it open for a sequel though, hopefully Taniguchi pulls a Tomino and refuses to do one, or at least does one that doesn't star Lelouch.

They have a good cast with a ton of potential, and they never fufilled it, maybe getting out from under the shadow Lelouch cast will do that.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:34   Link #1811
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Sounds good to me, it looks like they left it open for a sequel though, hopefully Taniguchi pulls a Tomino and refuses to do one, or at least does one that doesn't star Lelouch.

They have a good cast with a ton of potential, and they never fufilled it, maybe getting out from under the shadow Lelouch cast will do that.
I do hope any sequel will have Lelouch in it though. If they go that route, I also hope that Lelouch won't overshadow any of the new chararacters like Gundam Seed Destiny...
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:40   Link #1812
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I do hope any sequel will have Lelouch in it though. If they go that route, I also hope that Lelouch won't overshadow any of the new chararacters like Gundam Seed Destiny...
I have stated many times that's my biggest fear

Suzaku: Oh no everything Lelouch has done has been ruined!
Lelouch: Never fear, its always Darkest before the Dawn, and I have returned!
Kallen: Thank God, Lelouch, and C.C are here to save us

I have no problem with a sequel where Suzaku (as Zero), Nunnaly, Ougi, Todou, and Xingke, have to save the world, I do have a problem with Lelouch coming back to be some God Mode Sue.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:49   Link #1813
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Pity none of them and all of them combined can't overcome Lelouch's character I predict it's gonna be a straight failure without Lelouch, and it still may be a failure even with Lelouch. Personally I'll choose the later and hope for the best. Geass could try to become a franchise but unfortunately, it owns all of its success to Lelouch and no one else. With Lelouch gone, and if the Nunnally-C.C. info is correct, they are already pulling crap out of their behinds, so no, I'd rather not have a third season or an OVA Lelouch is missing and already crappy explanations spread like the plague... "Nunnally has special power"... Seriously...
Old 2008-10-14, 18:53   Link #1814
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
XD. You win a point.

However, that's what c.c. said when lelouch asked her why she didn't tell anything to him about nunnaly's survival. That she is not connected via geass with her.
I do think that was ridiculous to think C.C. would know about Nunnally. I think it's a better question to ask why she always kept the secrets of Marianne's death, Nunnally's blindness and crippling, and that Charles has had the Geass for so long.

Those are things she should have told him.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:57   Link #1815
Jarmel

I'm very dissapointed in the official response regarding Nunnaly's abilities as this makes no sense since they depict in a totally different light. But you know what, the writers can do w/e they want. If the mobile site is run by the producers and not Big Globe then I'm a bit dissapointed with the producers for not explaining this in the anime.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:09   Link #1816
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

The Nunnally information didn't particularly come as a shock to me in the first place. I figured she just used her lie detector hands to figure out what Lelouch had done and the flashback was just Lelouch's life passing before his eyes.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:09   Link #1817
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Pity none of them and all of them combined can't overcome Lelouch's character I predict it's gonna be a straight failure without Lelouch, and it still may be a failure even with Lelouch. Personally I'll choose the later and hope for the best. Geass could try to become a franchise but unfortunately, it owns all of its success to Lelouch and no one else. With Lelouch gone, and if the Nunnally-C.C. info is correct, they are already pulling crap out of their behinds, so no, I'd rather not have a third season or an OVA Lelouch is missing and already crappy explanations spread like the plague... "Nunnally has special power"... Seriously...
I believe with proper character development they can, I mean look at what character development did to Kittan, he became a complete badass.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:12   Link #1818
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, yeah well, could work but I doubt they can actually pull it. I mean... "Nunnally has a special power that's out of Geass mechanics, with unknown origin"... If this is indeed official, you expect those same people to be able to make secondary characters really stand on their own in a third season by means of character development?
Old 2008-10-14, 19:52   Link #1819
Jarmel

I fully agree, I mean atleast the lie detector idea is based in fiction. If you are going to break your own rules, provide some evidence of it before the end of the series and not half asses clues.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:54   Link #1820
shinigami99

How about....... a nice proper remake of how this series should have been.........although I heard that the previous idea wasnt that much better than the one actually shown.
And yes, Lelouch's character is everything to the success of CG. If suzaku was the protagonist it wouldnt be anything special because suzaku is made as a stereotypical anime male lead(at least thats what i heard as well,IMHO i think its true) but is not the lead character. Lelouch is unlike a main character we've seen before. Little or no angsty moments, kind at heart, and perceives battle in another way than most male anime leads.
Therefore, they(sunrise) have two choices if they "milk" CG more. They can either just do OVAs without Lelouch, or do a remake of 2nd season which really was a tad bit rushed. Of course, the two previous choices banks on the fact that lelouch IS dead. If, for w/e reason lelouch is alive then there must be a reason for it, and that reason I believe is R3
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote