3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 15:55   Link #81
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

K1 is ninja enough as it is, with latent ability exceeding the OVER 9000 mark.
Satoko can lay trip-arrow traps that hit for massive damage, Rena can tank since she has Rika casting protective spells and healing her. Assuming Shion has abilities equivalent to Satsujinki, killing those petty humans should be simple. When Rika's not healing or buffing Rena, she can cast AoE spells that damage the enemy's weakpoint, hitting for massive damage. Mion's the primary long-range gunslinger with an ASPD of 255+ so she's pretty much set... However, in the absence of bullets, she can always summon SKEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH and kill the lot of them.

Last edited by Iskatar; 2007-08-12 at 16:23.
Old 2007-08-12, 16:39   Link #82
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
I completely agree with Sinestra's theory as well. All of the gang going crazy comes by triggered events. Somehow Keichii is key in this, maybe because he hasn't been in Hinamizawa as long as the others so he's not as affected by it's powers as the others.
Quite apart from anything else, Keiichi's freakish persuasive powers make him a key player. Keiichi is just as as vulnerable to the syndrome as anyone else but if he relies on his strength, using his words, he has the power to change the decisions that lead to catastrophe. But he has to know what he's doing first.
Old 2007-08-12, 16:49   Link #83
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Whoo! Read the whole 5 pages. XD

I really loved episode 6, it's at my favorites list~ XD I took a lot of screenshots (mostly of Rika). The interaction between Keiichi and Rika was my favorite part. Gotta loove KOOL K! Yay for Keiichi giving the doll to Mion~

XD Ninja Higurashi, whoo~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-12, 16:59   Link #84
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Quite apart from anything else, Keiichi's freakish persuasive powers make him a key player. Keiichi is just as as vulnerable to the syndrome as anyone else but if he relies on his strength, using his words, he has the power to change the decisions that lead to catastrophe. But he has to know what he's doing first.
Ahh, someone who understands the potential of Keiichi's "Magician of Words" power. This places you in the winning team.
Old 2007-08-12, 18:50   Link #85
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
That's a point, she might have.

In the game, Rika cried out "HANYUU!" as she stabbed herself.
That's why I feel so bad for her. But I also admire that she can be so cute not bitter all the time. So diffrent from Rika.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-08-12, 19:02   Link #86
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for explanations from the game:
Ah, thanks, that's very enlightening.

Quote:
Pieces are done so they give the hard and solid truth on a silver plate.
You could even get the "how" and "why" if you proceeded in your read, so well, good point for you at least...
Oh, seriously? I had no idea the Pieces thread would really reveal everything, I thought the thread said you needed to order them in a certain way to be able to proceed in one of the games. But yeah, I just read it up until the 2nd season was announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch
In the game, Rika cried out "HANYUU!" as she stabbed herself.
Ah, I remember hearing some people complain about that way back when, I couldn't click on the spoiler tags to see what they were complaining about, but now that I can know, I have to say... Not taking the opportunity to foreshadow was an unfortunate decision by Studio Deen. Although they didn't know they'd be having a second season... it would've been quite awesome.

Last edited by myopius; 2007-08-12 at 21:50.
Old 2007-08-12, 20:31   Link #87
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Minagoroshi's impact would be lessened if Yakusamashi had solid information? The type of solid information I'm referring to is background information on the characters, little details about themselves which were omitted from the earlier chapters but which don't have much relevance to the main plot except to deepen the characters. Perhaps I just don't understand the meaning of Minagoroshi so I don't see how that would affect Minagoroshi, but it doesn't seem possible in my current way of thinking.
Humm, i was expecting "solid information" from the pieces. i stand corrected then ^^"

But actually, yakusamashi-hen gave a nice bunch of missed points :
-Satoko's "past" and how the villagers consider her
-The injections
-Rika tragic destiny, which is extremely lessened without her inner thoughts. her so "tired" attitude in Yakusamashi was a good plus to understand the extent of her hopelessness, thus her behaviour in Minagoroshi-hen was much more natural. (i don't think people would feel the same way if Minagoroshi just hit hard after Reunion...)
-Parallel between Yakusamashi-hen end, and the skipped part in tatarigoroshi for keiichi (since anime watchers don't know what happened to keiichi)
-Kameda-kun, and in such extent, Keiichi KOOL mode, which explain his "Magician of Words" title.
-Kumatani's missing case, and so in such extent, Ooishi's missing case from Tatarigoroshi

Of course they didn't fill every holes. what i can recall as "problem" is most likely :
-Keiichi's past (Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi weren't detailed)
-Mion and Shion
-Shion monologue during meakashi
-Rena's past (extremely lacking, and even the "omochikaeri" part isn't explained -___-")
-Akasaka unsure fate

most likely, Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi were the critical mistakes DEEN have made, but you cannot expect anything more with only 26 episodes.
Things might be smoother if they actually put the season 1 as questions only (Onikakushi -> himatsubushi), then Kai for the rest, thought it might be too short. (considering how fat the answers arcs are...)
Old 2007-08-13, 13:37   Link #88
WalterREED

Strange Story

I was wondering if any of you have heard this one before, I found it kind of strange that anyone would write this sort of thing, or is it relatively normal?:

It was just one of those nights. Rika was feeling more depressed than usual and had been drinking rather heavily, which was staring to worry Hanyuu. "WHY CHHAN'T TSHING EVER GO RIGHT!?" Rika would shout, not having to worry about Satoko waking up because she had slipped a bit of alcohol into her grape juice during their evening meal, which had caused her to fall asleep deeper than usual. She then threw the glass she held against the wall and just started drinking from the bottle. "Rika! It tastes so nasty! Why do you have to drink sooo much?" Rika only responded by taking an extra long chug of liquor. "You know what you problem ish Hanyuu? You just, don't, know, when, TO, SHUT, UPPPPP!!!!!!!" She then proceeded to open up jar after jar of kimchi, the stench and Rika's behavior started Hanyuu's eyes water. "NO RIKA DON'T DO IT! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEEEEASE!!!!!" But it was too late, Rika had already started swallowing down whole jar fulls of kimchi at once. Hanyuu could feel the burning sensation go down her throat where it would sit and fester inside her stomach, which was already quite full of wine. "Rika! Please! You've already had so much to drink!" This only incited Rika to swallow down more, juices and all. By the time Rika had finished the last jar, she passed out from exhaustion, but Hanyuu was left alone, still awake from the painful feeling of the kimchi in her stomach, and the potent alcohol which had been there for quite some time now. She just sat there thinking about the better times she had with Rika. How they would play hide and seek, run around in the grass, and sing songs with each other. But all this thinking took her mind off how her body was feeling, the kimchi and the wine had finally took it's toll. It started out as a hiccup, which didn't seem like much at the time, but as the night grew on things would soon start to change. Hanyuu woke with a startle as she heard a long moan, "R-r-rika! Wake up, I think I heard something!". It was then that she noticed that it was Rika who was doing the moaning, she immediately remembered all that horrid kimchi Rika had eaten, along with the two bottles of wine. But then it hit her, the feeling that came from the bowels that told you "IT'S GO TIME!". Hanyuu suddenly had a rush of desperation come over her as she realized what was about to happen "RIKA! RIKA! RIKA! WAKE UP! WAKE UP NOW!" All this commotion even caused Satoko to become partially awake, but after muttering something about her Nii-nii, she was soon fast asleep again. Hanyuu tried all she could to revive the comatose Rika, but it was to no avail. Then there was suddenly a long "Gggggggggrrrrraaaaaawwwwwwaaaalllblbblblle" that came from Rika. It was then that Hanyuu finally realized, she had failed. She could feel it starting to to go through her bladder, like a slow creeping snake. All she could do was just sit there and hold tight, thinking about what was going to happen. She could feel the pressure building up inside her, and she knew that with the amount of liquids that Rika had that night, it wasn't going to be pretty. The pressure just continued building and building, the relentless feeling that she just couldn't stop was rushing all over her. It had started out as a small trickle, Hanyuu was doing all she could to stop it, but it had grown too much. "Sorry, Rika...." She just let herself go, and a torrent of golden liquid rushed out which caused a small pool of piss to form around her. "Au au au au au au au auuuuuuuu!" she cried, thinking of how angry Rika would be when she woke up, and from all of the shame that she had of the act she just committed. When it was finally daylight, Rika started to stir, forgetting all that had happened then night before. She then noticed the horrified Satoko who was just standing there, completely silent. When she saw the mess of glass, wine, kimchi juices and piss that covered the floor, she let out a shriek that woke up all the rest of Hinamizawa.
Old 2007-08-13, 15:09   Link #89
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterREED View Post
I was wondering if any of you have heard this one before, I found it kind of strange that anyone would write this sort of thing, or is it relatively normal?:

It was just one of those nights....
.... the rest of Hinamizawa.
Welcome to 4chan
Old 2007-08-13, 16:59   Link #90
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Wow.... that was good, I can't wait too buy the dvds for season 1 and after season 2 finishes. Heheh I wonder how they are going to portray this arc (From what we have seen, they are going to do an excellent job portraying one of the most important arcs). On the side note I hope they do the extra arcs after they finish the final (important arc; Matsuribayshi-hen). Then maybe release an OVA of the extra arcs Saikoroshi-hen, and Batsukoishi-hen for a light but silly arc.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha

Last edited by narmi; 2007-08-13 at 17:14.
Old 2007-08-13, 18:55   Link #91
Mystearika

i really loved that ep. cant wait for the rest of minagoroshi.

i am happy to see hanyuu animated, she is cute

and this arc looks like it is going to get pretty interesting
Old 2007-08-14, 22:11   Link #92
Seiryuu

Rika didn't ever try to just stand back and let the world go. She didn't try to directly thwart fate because after hundreds of YEARS(cant imagine how many times she had to go around to manage that if her jumps are usually a month or so), nothing she's done has stopped the tragedies. Even when they "avert" a "disaster", like with the doll, it doesn't stop it from crashing back down again. Rika says it herself, even after K1 stopped Rena they all died, and ultimately there must be someone behind everything. Beyond the mad, frenzied killings, there's some cold mind focused on its goal, unclouded by doubt, fear or conscience. Rika's despair comes from the fact that she knows someone's out there, but that person's careful planning combined with the various incidents has prevented her from discovering them. She literally has to put all her effort to keep everyone else from killing her so she can find out who really wants her dead.
That said, I agree that K1 is the master key. Because he's an outsider and not a set part of the routine, his actions are far more likely to change the patterns, even more so since he's become so important to so many unstable women.
One thing I'm wondering. This is Minagoroshi Hen, the second to the last chapter in Higurashi, right? How many TV-unique arcs are there going to be, and how are they going to make two chapters and a couple originals stretch through the remaining 18 eps?
Old 2007-08-14, 22:22   Link #93
maymay
Inactive~

I really enjoyed this episode. K1 saves the day! I was so happy when he gave the doll to Mion ^_^
Old 2007-08-14, 23:45   Link #94
Echoes

Keiichi is growing on me as well, I'm starting to think he might just be able to turn this whole thing around. And yes, Mion getting the doll was just unbelievably cute.
Old 2007-08-15, 00:49   Link #95
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Ahh, someone who understands the potential of Keiichi's "Magician of Words" power. This places you in the winning team.
It took me a while to realise that that Rena's failure to reach Keiichi and Keiichi's success in reaching Rena was more a tribute to Keiichi's insidious mind bending powers than Rena's basic niceness.
Old 2007-08-15, 22:31   Link #96
Animexcel

First time I saw Hanyuu, my impression of her was a crying Mikuru lol
I really liked this episode too, even though I haven't played the games it still intrigues me as what will happen next.
Old 2007-08-15, 23:47   Link #97
Echoes

I was struck by surprise when Rika started pouring that jar of spicy stuff down her throat, the comedy came out of nowhere. I liked it, though.

That Keiichi cosplayer from your signature looks awesome, by the way.
Old 2007-08-16, 09:39   Link #98
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
K1 is ninja enough as it is, with latent ability exceeding the OVER 9000 mark.
Satoko can lay trip-arrow traps that hit for massive damage, Rena can tank since she has Rika casting protective spells and healing her. Assuming Shion has abilities equivalent to Satsujinki, killing those petty humans should be simple. When Rika's not healing or buffing Rena, she can cast AoE spells that damage the enemy's weakpoint, hitting for massive damage. Mion's the primary long-range gunslinger with an ASPD of 255+ so she's pretty much set... However, in the absence of bullets, she can always summon SKEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH and kill the lot of them.

wtf is this ?
Old 2007-08-16, 11:28   Link #99
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
wtf is this ?
thats called spam
Old 2007-08-17, 08:13   Link #100
haiz123321
Obey me world!

When i saw this at first, the scene where he changed the game and the doll thing. I couldn't help but think of Nightengale. (The nightengale in this forum if u would look at his sig, it's similar to what happened here)

But i kinda expected the doll giving to mion, since Keiichi is basically doing the opposite of what he would usually do ^^

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Closed Thread