AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 14:07   Link #2521
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well I think "such of doujin" already out now
I saw it. It exists. Ugh. Makes me hate the guy even MORE with a white-hot burning passion.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 15:14   Link #2522
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Now that I think about it, why do I get the feeling the whole "Stuff Coma-Asuna in a dress and do a faux mariage" idea came from her mother's moth.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:58   Link #2523
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
Now that I think about it, why do I get the feeling the whole "Stuff Coma-Asuna in a dress and do a faux mariage" idea came from her mother's moth.
No, that's entirely the father's idea. At least according to Asuna's mother in 'Mother's Rosario', the father was the one blind and not a good judge of character (ironically, she herself never did figure out Asuna didn't like the guy either...)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:13   Link #2524
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No, that's entirely the father's idea. At least according to Asuna's mother in 'Mother's Rosario', the father was the one blind and not a good judge of character (ironically, she herself never did figure out Asuna didn't like the guy either...)
The chooise of groom may not have been her idea, but she obviously likes the idea of having Asuna marry some guy no matter what she thinks about it. It seems the main disagreement between the parents is that the dad wanted her to marry a career guy while the mom wants her to marry someone from a well known family. Neither considered Asuna's feelings on the matter.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:29   Link #2525
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Personally I got the impression that was just her mother making excuses and trying to change the subject. That Sugou might have been her father's idea initially, but her mother was fully behind it and had no reservations about any of it.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:53   Link #2526
Zeriand
Banned

Well if it's the art that sucks that never mind, otherwise I don't really care.

EDIT: Ah damn you're right, it really sucks.

Last edited by Zeriand; 2012-10-14 at 00:51.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 01:46   Link #2527
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Personally I got the impression that was just her mother making excuses and trying to change the subject. That Sugou might have been her father's idea initially, but her mother was fully behind it and had no reservations about any of it.
I got that mpression as well. I doubt that Asuna's Father would set a marriage without talking about with his wife(Asuna's mom) about it first.
Old 2012-10-14, 05:53   Link #2528
Darkonus

Sorry if this has been answered before, it keeps being mentioned in this thread about a web series, is there a web series of SAO that is complete and is being made into a LN version. If so is the web series translated anywhere?
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 14:50   Link #2529
tomtkp

My few days off from AS forum and wow. Looking at the responses, web Alicization Chap. 5 really is RAGE-INDUCING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, it keeps being mentioned in this thread about a web series, is there a web series of SAO that is complete and is being made into a LN version. If so is the web series translated anywhere?
Yes, there was a web series of SAO. It started right back in year 2002 and completed in year 2008. The LN version is basically using the web series as the manuscript. Currently, there is no English translation of the web series, at least for the main storyline. However, there is Chinese translation of web series. For web Alicization, Chapter 1-5 and epilogue were already translated. Those remained untranslated are Chapter 6-8. Translating these chapters is difficult because Chapter 7 and 8 are really massive chapters. Each chapter is approximately one book of Horizon.

And about my opinion of some of the responses of web Chapter 5:

Spoiler for Personal opinion:
Old 2012-10-14, 15:21   Link #2530
Andrewthelord

this do not means that the story will end at the end of alicization. Simply because he finished alicization just before winning that award with accel world. I think the story will continue... and meet the AW storyline...
Andrewthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:27   Link #2531
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how many chapter in Alicization?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:29   Link #2532
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Well, that sounds good and all, but it would be more convincing if Kawahara hadn't already been using rape attempts and related crap for cheap drama. Now it comes across as more of the same, only worse.

Additionally, he could illustrate that kind of impunity in many other ways. Doing it this way is just the easy way out.
Old 2012-10-14, 17:00   Link #2533
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthelord View Post
this do not means that the story will end at the end of alicization. Simply because he finished alicization just before winning that award with accel world. I think the story will continue... and meet the AW storyline...
.. The author could come up with another arc, but he probably won't. He'd only be milking the series for money then. Why does it have to meet the AW story line? The two stories are good on their own, without there being some piss-poor connection (and by that I mean turning AW into a direct sequel to SAO) to connect them both.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:10   Link #2534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, that sounds good and all, but it would be more convincing if Kawahara hadn't already been using rape attempts and related crap for cheap drama. Now it comes across as more of the same, only worse.

Additionally, he could illustrate that kind of impunity in many other ways. Doing it this way is just the easy way out.
What do you suggest that would be the hard way out? Drugs? Genocide?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:49   Link #2535
kyp275
Meh

Err, since when was there any rape attempts in SAO?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:50   Link #2536
Ygard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthelord View Post
Spoiler for After the end of alicization:

If you want more stories, however, I think he will continue and finish "cradle of the moon" in book version after the end of alicization.
Spoiler for after the end of alicization:
Ygard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:53   Link #2537
Darkonus

Does anyone else think that, after I was reading the Accel World cross over that Kirito is behind the Brain Burst program, since Accel World is about 20 years in the future from SAO its possible. Also Kuroyukihime I think is his daughter since she looks so much like him and Asuna.
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:27   Link #2538
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
Does anyone else think that, after I was reading the Accel World cross over that Kirito is behind the Brain Burst program, since Accel World is about 20 years in the future from SAO its possible. Also Kuroyukihime I think is his daughter since she looks so much like him and Asuna.
We have a thread for such theories, and I'd recommend reading the whole thing if you have any questions/theories.

That crossover didn't involve time travel, but the changing of universes, or something along those lines.

She could be, but..

Spoilers
Spoiler for Accel World V12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:40   Link #2539
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
And about my opinion of some of the responses of web Chapter 5:

I don't think so.
TL;DR…
Personal Opinion -- don't bash, k?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 19:31   Link #2540
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Spoiler for Alicization Stuff:

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality