AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 20:03   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ditto

Well the designs may not be the mainstream "moe stuff" but it is uniquely moe in itself, at least I found Rin quite pleasing to the eyes ^^'
I'm guessing it's because it's not your every day moe series.
Old 2009-01-13, 20:07   Link #82
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I haven't gotten around to watching the first episode, but then I did, and let me just say WOW! to the opening sequence. The animation and music combination was stunning.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:35   Link #83
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha, i really liked this ep. i said i was going to follow it before this season started because it looked good. and lo and behold, it looks excellent. the music is great, and i like the characters. i don't know why, but i greatly enjoyed the part where she was zooming around at the end. gave me a sense of "freedom," for lack of a better term. maybe its because i've always wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

the number of shows i'm watching seems to have dropped from last season, so i'm definitely going to follow this one.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:53   Link #84
Falkor

Best show of the season...

I can tell that there's a lot effort pour into this episode: the animation, the music, the characters in general and the fantastic concept. Really, I haven't seen a concept this interesting and enthralling in a long while.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:59   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

any word on when the ost comes out? i want the OP!! yeah, the concept is great and fresh.
Old 2009-01-13, 23:35   Link #86
Raiga
tl;dr

According to the site, OP comes out March 4th. Uh, I actually always get confused with different standards on writing the date... it might be April 3rd but I don't think so. 2009/03/04, at any rate.

Anyway just wanted to say I was immediately excited about this series when the winter 2009 preview came out and it certainly did not disappoint! Great first episode; some really beautiful, memorable scenes, lovely background music, fluid animation, mostly seamless incorporation of CG, and overall a great set-up for the rest of the series with establishing the characters but also hinting at bigger events going on in the world.

Can't wait to see where this goes.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:43   Link #87
kamikazex

amazing concept. count me in for watching some more
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:53   Link #88
slipstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
According to the site, OP comes out March 4th. Uh, I actually always get confused with different standards on writing the date... it might be April 3rd but I don't think so. 2009/03/04, at any rate.
Easy way to check dates: Amazon.co.jp -> This item will be released on Mar 4, 2009.

Uh well, for the first time you would also have to click "In English" (top right corner) on the front page

Last edited by slipstream; 2009-01-14 at 01:06.
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:56   Link #89
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

honestly, i'm mesmerized by the first episode. the ballet at the beginning is beautiful. the OP is amazing. the school development is a bit slow, but once she gets on fuego it instantly picks up. i've probably watched it 3 times by now..

oh, and fun fact.. Ogata Rin was born September 11, 2001..

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-01-14 at 01:06.
Old 2009-01-14, 02:48   Link #90
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

That was surprisingly enjoyable. I mean, the plot was standard fare, and it was inevitable that they'd need to come up with something pretty contrived to introduce a ballerina to a motorcycle-mecha. But the animation is spectacular, with an obvious throwback to a style of yesteryear, the characters are fun and likable and the setting is very interesting. And I just want to say that, despite the fact that I've been teetering on the brink of doing this for months, but resisting as much as I possibly could, I officially fell in love with Mizuki Nana's voice while watching this episode. Even ignoring this, Rin is a great lead character. She's both capable and ambitious, but has faced issues which stem from her family and is looking for a new pursuit in life. She's very likable, but also troubled. It was a lot of fun at first watching her on the bike, because she was so out-of-place on it, but the action sequence involving the runaway bike actually turned out to be quite intense and really well put together.

I'm not going to say much at this stage, but it wouldn't surprise me if Madhouse have put together yet another winner.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 02:50   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Easily the best first episode of the Winter season, I hope Madhouse can keep the animation quality up because that was just flat out gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
How about this?

(been a while since I last made one... glad I haven't forgotten how...)
AH yes that will do nicely, thanks a lot for that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 05:00   Link #92
Tiran86

Amazing first episode. A series like this could easily end up being one of my favorites.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 05:38   Link #93
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, the bike is the most exciting small-size mecha since Tetsuo's bike from Akira. The same kind of "OH MY GOD, WHY DOESN'T THIS EXIST IN THE REAL WORLD?" thrill from seeing that bike. Doesn't hurt that they used the 3D CG pretty smartly incorporating camera-tricks into it (unlike what Gonzo usually does, which is putting CG on top of static background, which makes it look more artificial than it should).

Also, the ep had some of the most tamest pantyshots I can remember.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 06:30   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The same kind of "OH MY GOD, WHY DOESN'T THIS EXIST IN THE REAL WORLD?" thrill from seeing that bike.
http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2...ble-motorcycle
Old 2009-01-14, 07:07   Link #95
Spitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Mospeada wasn't what I was thinking of, either. Mospeada only had mecha-bikes in common with Rideback.
What WERE you thinking of then?

Quote:
Doesn't hurt that they used the 3D CG pretty smartly incorporating camera-tricks into it (unlike what Gonzo usually does, which is putting CG on top of static background, which makes it look more artificial than it should).
Can you explain which camera tricks these are? Sounds interesting. I notice that the main thing they do is to make the scenery move instead of the bike.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 07:12   Link #96
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Exactly that. And the slight blur effects. That's why a lot of Gonzo CG looks unnatural because they don't have the blur you'd normally see in real life action. Or in cartoons, they use the blur pretty liberally in traditional animation too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 07:17   Link #97
Spitze

The only time Gonzo CG looks natural is when they're making the models move furiously, FURIOUSLY fast like in certain fight scenes in Blassreiter.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:08   Link #98
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Glad i got sometime last night between Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty 4 to check out Ride Back and i was not disappointed. The animation was gorgeous and fluid the music was excellent and appropriate for each situation the OP is nice even though Mell's English is just god awful i have no clue what the hell shes saying.

Then there is Ride Back's themselves which i find very creative and of course as many have said previously the bike itsself is similar to the one in Akira. The potential behind what you can do with these Ride Backs is great also the bipedal moment reminded me a little of GPX's but smoother and more consistent.

Ogata Rin very nicely animated voice is suited well. I really love how they tie in her ballet to riding the Ride Back. Her decision to quit dancing is obviously more mental than it is physical. But while riding that mental state seems to disappear as the bike responds to her moments. Its almost imprinting yourself on something weather it be car or some other object. Plus the girl is just a natural because she is already fluid and flexible and has good reflexes from dancing its not wonder she would be able to control a bike that responds to the users moments. Its like using an exo suit where the suit is more of extension of your body parts than a machine.

Very solid start waiting for the 2nd episode is going to be torture but it looks like iv found my mecha anime for this season besides Gundam 00.
Old 2009-01-14, 12:34   Link #99
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Love the Rideback and awesome Quality i hope it gets better
Old 2009-01-14, 12:48   Link #100
Blaat

Quote:
Also, the ep had some of the most tamest pantyshots I can remember.
I admit I was actually disappointed by this, which disturbed me.

Anyway as for the episode, I enjoyed although I'm not a fan of the character design.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen