Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 20:13   Link #1
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Something happy/humorous that'll make you smile/laugh

Is there anything that will make you smile because the character is so cute (nagisa...fuuko etc from clannad) or if it's really funny?

I've watched both clannad series, ouran host club (pretty funny), seto no hanayome ( i liked this kind -> kinda has a romance feeling to it, but very very funny, well i thought so at least , any animes like seto no hanayome?).

Anyway, maybe an anime that has a slight "harem" but is more on the funny side and will really make you smile? Clannad and After story were both very good, had a good share of funny mixed in with emotional (the perfect mix).
Old 2009-09-02, 20:28   Link #2
thefeared

Hayate no Gotoku!

Has a lot of references and jabs. Also some romance, slight harem, and very funny. Exactly what you're looking for.
Old 2009-09-02, 20:36   Link #3
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^thanks am currently watchin it...

is special A any good? the ending i mean... i watched like 7 episodes or something...she was very pretty in a kimono :P
Old 2009-09-02, 20:47   Link #4
qwertyuiopz

kannagi
wagaya no oiniri sama

its all happy
Old 2009-09-02, 21:04   Link #5
Scorch

School Rumble. I'm not so sure about the harem part, but it has every love geometric shape you can think of. It's emphasis on comedy, much of it based on romantic misunderstandings.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:25   Link #6
thefeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^thanks am currently watchin it...

is special A any good? the ending i mean... i watched like 7 episodes or something...she was very pretty in a kimono :P
Special A was boring imo. The main characters (all except two) were boring. There wasn't that much comedy (well, good comedy), and the romance never really went anywhere.
Old 2009-09-02, 22:30   Link #7
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Clannad makes you happy? True Remembrance is what I would recommend if you are like me. La is such a cutie.

But then again, you aren't like me so I shall recommend you Nagasarete Airantou.
Old 2009-09-02, 23:40   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Petopeto-san. Petoko is very cute and it's very funny. Potemayo as well - all sorts of cute everywhere and very offbeat humor.
Old 2009-09-02, 23:58   Link #9
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Clannad makes you happy? True Remembrance is what I would recommend if you are like me. La is such a cutie.

But then again, you aren't like me so I shall recommend you Nagasarete Airantou.
Well by happy i mean, there are a few very touching scenes that make me very happy for nagisa, or any of the characters (makes me smile, a warm smile you know?). Of course i was crying my heart out in certain episodes...like episode 16 and 18 and 21 of After Story...0h my gawd i cried like such a baby.

And i've seen nagasarete ariantou, which was alright, but it was a bit "too dumb'd down" if u know what i mean. I still like a well written plot, i'll see what true rememberance is about, thanks
Old 2009-09-03, 00:00   Link #10
klowny
OH NO

Maybe School Rumble but clannad made me laugh at the end
Old 2009-09-03, 00:21   Link #11
bdragonomega

Full Metal Panic... well not that... but Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. You kinda have to watch the first series to get the relationship between the characters, but some of the episodes I showed my family, they started laughing and they didn't even watch the previous show.

Haha, this was the first show that actually made me laugh out loud and quite uncontrollably might i add. It was only a few episodes that make me crack up like that (primarily the one dealing with martial arts... ), but those few episodes makes me recommend it haha.

You can watch the series, I thought it was pretty good and has its own humorous points, but as far as comedy goes, the fumoffu season takes the cake. I kinda didn't like the latest entry to the anime portion, but whatever. I'm already a fan and will dish out dough at whatever they're willing to through at me haha.

Anyway, fumoffu's opening....its very sagara x chidori (Tessa fan here), but I enjoyed the song haha.
Old 2009-09-03, 05:21   Link #12
npcomplete

Hidamari Sketch + x365
Binbou Shimai Monogatari
Sumomomo Momomo
Old 2009-09-03, 07:56   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are you open to a serious show that nevertheless has a very cute main character and comedic material interspersed within the drama? If so, I'd recommend Kure-nai. The script is very witty, but the topics it covers are serious ones. Murasaki's speech and actions should often bring a smile to your face and occasionally a tear to your eye.
If you don't mind a non-human main character, I'd also suggest Chi's Sweet Home and its sequel, Chi's New Address.
Old 2009-09-03, 08:38   Link #14
Slice of Life
eyewitness

You want to watch Potemayo.
Old 2009-09-03, 12:19   Link #15
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

If you liked Clannad, you should also try Air TV and Kanon 2006.

Some very comical animes I know of (No romance, though) are Lucky Star, Hyakko, and G.A. Geijutsuka Art Design Class.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:46   Link #16
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are you open to a serious show that nevertheless has a very cute main character and comedic material interspersed within the drama? If so, I'd recommend Kure-nai. The script is very witty, but the topics it covers are serious ones. Murasaki's speech and actions should often bring a smile to your face and occasionally a tear to your eye.
I was going to suggest this one. Its a really great series. (Although the title should be different since its the characters name and no one says it, lol).

Other than that, I suggest Hyakko, Minami-ke, To Heart and if you want some awesome action too: Seirei no Moribito.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:18   Link #17
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Minami-ke season 1 ALWAYS puts a smile on my face and makes me gush. ^^ Very funny and cute series.

Aoi Hana is a currently airing series that is almost finished. It's so pure, elegant, funny, heart-wrenching and sweet. Best romance/shoujo-ai series I've ever seen.

Mushishi was a very fulfilling, heartening experience. It's so utterly gorgeous, realistic and magical. Truly soul food for the modern adult.

I'll second Kurenai - that was a real heartwarmer. No series like it. Again, soul food for the adult.

Azumanga Daioh is another greater comedy/feel-good series.

Spice and Wolf - particularly season 2 - is very light-hearted and soothing to watch. Horo is just awesome to behold.
Old 2009-09-04, 04:09   Link #18
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Hmmm strange, that no one mentioned K-ON.
If you want an ongoing series, you can try Sora no Manimani
Closed Thread