AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-07, 23:48   Link #41
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ok I just know it was from the sub group that I watched it from "Dailymotion" but for some reason Stiyl just kept saying "Get out of my way noob" or "get down noob" has this happened to any other sub group

Overall this episode was good, giving it a 9/10
Old 2011-01-07, 23:56   Link #42
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
You must have missed the part where Touma and Stiyl were messing each other up while rushing towards Oriana, so she couldn't read their movements because they were too messy. You must also take into account that she's been running around all day, used a lot of magic, and was punched by Touma before.

Also, read this part:

Spoiler for volume 10 those who hold out a hand:
I was fine there but Styil went down afterwards.
Explosion was way too big and too close for him to be abel to even stand! How come big explosions don't effect good guys while bad ones get knocked ou with one punch?! Where is logic!

And it's not like Oriana was the only one running around and getting punched. They actually did more running and stressing.

Quote:
The meeting in the hospital between Touma and Himegami was not shown in the light novels either.

Spoiler for volume 10 those who hold out a hand:
You do realize that it doesn't make things any better?
Actually it is even worse, author himself doesn't care about her.

Really, this season so far is a dissapointment...
Not that first one didn't have those cliche stuff but it was 1st season! Not 2nd, it is almost the same as when everyone gets tricked by the same thing and Rasenganed by Naruto all the time.

I want something new.
Old 2011-01-08, 00:01   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can understand them missing some other details... but missing background information on the most crucial part of their plan and to something so obviouse? That's too much...
It's not a stretch to think that they've ignored the events of the Daihaisensai because it supposedly had nothing to do with their plan to use the constellations. Oriana's job is to district pursuers and at the same time, survey the landscape for the most suitable location for the site.

It does look like only a two person job only though...

Quote:
Relate to? Are you biting someone on ocasional basis?
It might not have included technology that much but somehow their arcs always happen to be more epic and exciting. And I'm not basing it on favorotism, Accelerator and Misaka are by far not my faves.
*Chomp* *Gnaw*

Relate to as in everyone here knows about science and can easily grasp the situation as compared to magic where people have to learn from the ground up.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 00:06   Link #44
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not a stretch to think that they've ignored the events of the Daihaisensai because it supposedly had nothing to do with their plan to use the constellations. Oriana's job is to district pursuers and at the same time, survey the landscape for the most suitable location for the site.

It does look like only a two person job only though...

*Chomp* *Gnaw*

Relate to as in everyone here knows about science and can easily grasp the situation as compared to magic where people have to learn from the ground up.
Didn't they decide to make the move BECAUSE of the festival? Because there would be many people?

Everyone knows about magic too... it is used in a lot of shows.
Besides science here is much different from the one we encounter each day. And their powers are cooler and more interesting than the magic that was used so far...
Old 2011-01-08, 00:11   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Didn't they decide to make the move BECAUSE of the festival? Because there would be many people?
Yeah, pretty much all they needed to know... Or so they've thought.

I mean, it's not like they're planning to attack the festival specifically by disrupting each of it's events.

They're more likely interested in the security details of the city rather than it's fun and games.

Quote:
Everyone knows about magic too... it is used in a lot of shows.
Besides science here is much different from the one we encounter each day. And their powers are cooler and more interesting than the magic that was used so far...
Every show uses different theories of magic. Most of them follow the same rpg formula or the new Magitech format, but Toaru's magic have always been abit different. Each encounter is like a new experience.
Old 2011-01-08, 01:58   Link #46
Boduar

I facepalmed that his punch landed before hers considering I would bet she has a significant reach advantage. For that matter maybe im missing backstory but is there any reason to believe Touma has any hand to hand combat skills (vs a lady who pretty much has missions involving fighting all the time and im sure hand to hand combat will always be taught regardless of weapons used)
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 02:02   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
I facepalmed that his punch landed before hers considering I would bet she has a significant reach advantage. For that matter maybe im missing backstory but is there any reason to believe Touma has any hand to hand combat skills (vs a lady who pretty much has missions involving fighting all the time and im sure hand to hand combat will always be taught regardless of weapons used)
He has a history of super precise timing and reflexes though.

I suppose he tilt his body ever so slightly to dodge her punch.
Old 2011-01-08, 04:26   Link #48
Minagi Mikoto

5/10!!!

Cheesy, Cheesy, Cheesy! Super Cheesy! WHAT WAS WITH THIS EPISODE?!!

Why Seiri saw Toma naked while visiting?!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 04:30   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

FINALLY, the arc is over... The whole thing with Touma and the other woman (whose name wasn't impressionable enough to remember) concluded in a lame way, but the whole thing with the airplane near the end was probably the only saving point of this episode... or this arc. Mainly the falling pilot was funny.
..............At least the animation was better. Though there was a flashback to episode 11 (was it?)...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 05:33   Link #50
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Ep13 thoughts:

Could Lidvia ever survived the fall?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 05:41   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Could Lidvia ever survived the fall?
She seem to have cast some kind of greenish spell just as she fell from the plane...

Laura's words imply that she would be able to save herself and either the pilot or the cross, but not both.

To me it means that that spell she cast have some kind of limitation...
Old 2011-01-08, 05:42   Link #52
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

That's funny: Index is chewing on Touma's head then says: Do you mind, we're having a serious discussion to Biri-biri.... That was the show saver for me.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 06:12   Link #53
jwai

Quote:
She seem to have cast some kind of greenish spell just as she fell from the plane...

Laura's words imply that she would be able to save herself and either the pilot or the cross, but not both.

To me it means that that spell she cast have some kind of limitation...
The barrier spell Lidvia cast shattered when the cross hit her. Big heavy thing falling at high velocity and all.

To get the pilot involved too - Laura must be a real cold bitch when she wants to be...
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 06:19   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
To get the pilot involved too - Laura must be a real cold bitch when she wants to be...
I figure you don't get to be the Leader of one of the most powerful/influential organizations by being nice.
Old 2011-01-08, 06:39   Link #55
jwai

Quote:
I figure you don't get to be the Leader of one of the most powerful/influential organizations by being nice.
I suppose, but she is quite pleasant the rest of the time, which makes the contrast all the more startling.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 07:09   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You know i was spoiled of this arc ending without even realizing it.
I was reading a fan comic where Touma and class win the sports festival and defeating Tokiwadai but it also mention magicians were involve, but Touma didn't care as their plan was gonna fail anyway. Reading that part i was like "That's weird and lucky for Touma. He wins the festival, badguys lose from the start and he doesn't have to get involve."

But when i watch this episode, only then did realize what the fan comic was talking about.

There were two parts that i like about this episode. The freefall scene with Lidvia and Aisa being visited by Touma. Awwww.
Old 2011-01-08, 07:45   Link #57
tsunade666

the free fall lidvia or lidvia itself is creeping me out. Specially her smile. I don't see fun their.
Old 2011-01-08, 07:55   Link #58
eiyuu99

It's a "Pain becomes Pleasure" ideal of a masochist.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:07   Link #59
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
... and Aisa being visited by Touma. Awwww.
Actually that's something I was waiting for. But they didn't show anything of it as far as I remember!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:17   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
It's a "Pain becomes Pleasure" ideal of a masochist.
The anime didn't touch on Lidvia's mindset, not that it's of any major consequence, basically she's the type of person that gets her high from completely difficult tasks- The harder the challenge, the more rewarding the feeling is when she overcome it. Before all this she can be considered a 'good' person, doing all sorts of self sacrificing deeds and preaching the word of God to convert non-believers, but not just any non-believers, they were people that society had given up or thrown away like criminals and cult believers.

Her nick name was [Mardi Gras]

But of course, there's a catch. Those dangerous people that she converts, would be under the protection of the Rome Catholic Church because they have 'repent' and are now believers Necessarius can't touch them because they are now 'good people'.