AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 18:24   Link #30161
Knight-of-Gold

I dont think that is an announcement of a kit. Thats just a custom made by that woman to try and make gunpla appealing to other people, like fans of whatever band she is in.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 19:23   Link #30162
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
I dont think that is an announcement of a kit. Thats just a custom made by that woman to try and make gunpla appealing to other people, like fans of whatever band she is in.
Well, "that woman" was also holding some actual new kits with "that old man":

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So yeah...
Old 2013-07-02, 21:59   Link #30163
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
The strike rouge is a custom built by her. The other two are actual releases.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:22   Link #30164
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Thank God (if it's true).
Old 2013-07-03, 04:04   Link #30165
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Call me blind but....those other two kits I believe are the same....one standard Builder Strike and a custom colored one.........

BTW can anyone tell whether the Builder Strike is using a new HG mould for the Strike parts? Or are they the same as the old one?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:51   Link #30166
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
^^^this^^^

its also in gundam colors too!!!

Wow that box art is amazing. Is it just me or are they getting better and better with the box art? I'm not a huge fan of the rx78, but I absolutely love what they've done with that cover.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:01   Link #30167
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
BTW can anyone tell whether the Builder Strike is using a new HG mould for the Strike parts? Or are they the same as the old one?
New mould I believe. The original HG Strike didn't have a ball-articulated segmented waist for one, whereas the Build Strike does, not to mention the Strike parts on it have different proportions to the old HG version.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:19   Link #30168
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

HGAC WING GUNDAM

HGAW GUNDAM DOUBLE X

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 damn years I've been waiting since I became a Gundam fan, my dreams have now come true!
Indeed, dream come true for lead gundam collectors.
Old 2013-07-03, 10:21   Link #30169
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, "that woman" was also holding some actual new kits with "that old man":

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So yeah...
She is holding one production colour of the Build Strike, one in her custom colours and a strike rouge kitbash that is also hers.
So yeah, 2 personal custom kits like many celebrities have already done in the past, none of which are public releases.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:57   Link #30170
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
She is holding one production colour of the Build Strike, one in her custom colours and a strike rouge kitbash that is also hers.
So yeah, 2 personal custom kits like many celebrities have already done in the past, none of which are public releases.
Yep, glad to hear it. I cringed the first time I see that kit anyway.
Old 2013-07-03, 15:16   Link #30171
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

*pokes head in here*

So.... Since this thread is about model discussion and whatnot I figured I might as well ask: What is the best (or cheapest) way someone with very little model building experience get into gunpla building? Is their a guide picture/chart that would help out with that? Other miscellaneous information worth mentioning?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:32   Link #30172
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
*pokes head in here*

So.... Since this thread is about model discussion and whatnot I figured I might as well ask: What is the best (or cheapest) way someone with very little model building experience get into gunpla building? Is their a guide picture/chart that would help out with that? Other miscellaneous information worth mentioning?
Welcome new modeler

You can start with almost any grade of kit, provided you have:

1. Patience
2. Enough common sense to figure out the manual instructions by comparing the images to parts while assembling, even though its all in Japanese
3. Money, the most natural limiting factor for all of us lol

Heres a basic video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSoH7yhrB0

At the cheapest, you probably want to go with the HG line of kits, which can range from $15-35 (not factoring shipping), best selection too

Tools mainly depend on what you want to get out of your kit, I suggest you AT LEAST have the following:

1. Hobby Knife with changeable/replaceable blades
2. Q-tips
3. Toothpicks
4. Color markers, like the ones you would find on a grade school kid, they are the best "budget" nubmark hiders
5. Nippers/Sprue cutters, can range from $8-25 but are probably the most important tool to have
6. Gundam lining marker/pen, for "panel lining", some good art pens like "Sakura" works too

Theres alot more you can do/buy past this but these are the basics
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:54   Link #30173
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You can start with almost any grade of kit, provided you have:

1. Patience
2. Enough common sense to figure out the manual instructions by comparing the images to parts while assembling, even though its all in Japanese
3. Money, the most natural limiting factor for all of us lol
I have that.
Quote:
have the following:

1. Hobby Knife with changeable/replaceable blades
2. Q-tips
3. Toothpicks
4. Color markers, like the ones you would find on a grade school kid, they are the best "budget" nubmark hiders
5. Nippers/Sprue cutters, can range from $8-25 but are probably the most important tool to have
6. Gundam lining marker/pen, for "panel lining", some good art pens like "Sakura" works too
I have q-tips and toothpicks, although nothing else beyond that. Judging by the video it looks like nippers are the only thing needed for part building, the hobby knife just looks like it scraps off residue and art mistakes and I have no intention at the moment for panel lining or painting or markers etc. I will check to see if I have nippers or not though.

Any particular under 30 bucks high grades you guys recommend? Preferably ones with bare minimal accessories (I am one of those guys that likes keeping everything together.... dorky I know). I do have a couple of mobile suit favorites lists for ideas.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:07   Link #30174
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Any particular under 30 bucks high grades you guys recommend? Preferably ones with bare minimal accessories (I am one of those guys that likes keeping everything together.... dorky I know). I do have a couple of mobile suit favorites lists for ideas.
Well, if you like simple lead-Gundams, you can try these:

HG RX-79 [G] Gundam Ground type
HG Gundam EZ-8
HG Gundam X
HG Gundam X Divider
HG ZZ Gundam
HG God Gundam
HG AGE-1 Normal (or choose the alternate forms)
HG AGE-2 Normal (or choose the alternate forms)
HG AGE-3 Normal (or choose the alternate forms)
HG AGE FX (or choose the Burst version)
HG Gundam Exia
HG Gundam Exia Repair II
HG 00 Gundam (there’s also HG 00 Raiser if you want it)
HG 00 Qan[T]
HG Destiny Gundam

Or you can wait for the new release of HG Wing, Double X, & Victory if you don’t like the above.

I won't recommend HGs from SEED line (except Destiny and few others) coz they generally have terrible proportion (dwarfish-looking) and bad articulation. On the other hand, the old Wing EW HGs have decent proportion but a bit flimsy after a straight-build.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:18   Link #30175
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

X-Divider, ZZ, Qan [T], and to a much smaller extent Age-3 are the only leads in that list that seem appealing. I was thinking in favor of a non-gundam mobile suit/armor.
Quote:
Or you can wait for the new release of HG Wing, Double X, & Victory if you don’t like the above.
Double X is in my top 4 favorite gundams....
Quote:
I won't recommend HGs from SEED line (except Destiny and few others) coz they generally have terrible proportion (dwarfish-looking) and bad articulation. On the other hand, the old Wing EW HGs have decent proportion but a bit flimsy after a straight-build.
Hmm, I see. Tell you what, I'll post my top 30 favorite gundams and non-gundam suits and see if there are any suits with models you (or anyone else reading this) would recommend. Trust me, the lists themselves are much bigger, I just gave 30 for basic variety; that and I know a few of them might not have model kits. I know Madnug has none for certain.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A bit off topic, but are there any Age suits that have not been released in HG form?

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2013-07-03 at 18:30.
Old 2013-07-03, 19:53   Link #30176
maknaedik

Quote:

A bit off topic, but are there any Age suits that have not been released in HG form?
1. Adele Cannon
2. The last Vagan MS in arc 2, the one that's supposed to assassinate the prime minister.
3. The golem type Vagan MS in the desert.
4. The amphibious MS that Zeheart used in 3rd season.
4. The giant MS that the big guy from Vagan was using.
5. 2 Zaku types, brown and violet, from season 1.
6. The construction type MS.

Those are the ones who appeared in the anime, as for the Manga, there are a lot of course.

Sorry if I forgot their names XD

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 20:00   Link #30177
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Hmm, I see. Tell you what, I'll post my top 30 favorite gundams and non-gundam suits and see if there are any suits with models you (or anyone else reading this) would recommend. Trust me, the lists themselves are much bigger, I just gave 30 for basic variety; that and I know a few of them might not have model kits. I know Madnug has none for certain.
From the top of my head.
Spoiler for List 1:
Spoiler for List 2:

Note: It’s common knowledge that HG (and below-scale kits) need a bit painting in some areas (you can do it with markers. Gundam-marker is recommended). For some particular HGs, you need a lot painting.
Old 2013-07-03, 21:02   Link #30178
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wow, thank you Obelisk! This helps narrow it down for me! I am a tad dumbstruck that Dijeh and Ashtaron HC have no kit (how is that possible?) but oh well.
Old 2013-07-03, 22:05   Link #30179
justavisitor

if you don't have the coloring tool, then do not buy hg from seed and seed-d, as they need a lot of coloring.

Generally speaking, most of the models from hguc have great match of color so you don't have to paint much and hguc (or w, x, and g unverise) seems to be getting better and better. If you like double x as you mentioned in the earlier post, then I suggest you to wait a little bit and let double x be your first gundam model. First model will always be a bit more special and you will like your double x even more

I personally would prefer a model that doesn't have too much weight in the back otherwise the model can't stand in the ground. (unfortunately double x is one of those...) you can always buy a stand, but it will cost too much space if you plan to buy more of the models.

lastly, this is not selling commercial, as I do not relate to that site at all, but dalong. net always has nice review on every single model. It even shows what the model looks like without painting and label. It's in korean tho, but I just look at the pic so I don't care what it says XD

Hope it helps
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 22:37   Link #30180
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

It did help, thanks Just! Of course now I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin. DECISIONS

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy