AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-08, 16:48   Link #2101
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Satomi's Satomi. He acts too much like his normal self to be someone else. Also, his descendant wouldn't look just like him, nor do I think his family name would carry for that long. Also, the Prince calls him a kamitsuki along with Saki, as well as his godmother, who we're going to assume is Akira. So, he became an immortal somewhere down the line.

In many drama/movie/animes i watched there are many descendants who look and act exactly like their great grandparent/parents...this is fiction logic
Old 2013-12-08, 17:22   Link #2102
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
In many drama/movie/animes i watched there are many descendants who look and act exactly like their great grandparent/parents...this is fiction logic
True, but it's still Satomi. The prince specifically asks him if what Saki said about the soul aging even when the body doesn't. This means that he too does age, and is therefore also a kamitsuki. He's the same guy.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-08, 23:14   Link #2103
Kurohane

Quote:
Here's a theory that I had posted on the Magius thread that I was thinking about:

I just remembered that they designated the people of Module 77 as "Level 7" dangerous beings.

Could that have to do with the name "Golden 7"? Maybe it's not seven pilots, but they are referring to the fact that all the fighting force are Level 7 beings and they have (will have) golden mechs?
That's a good catch, Irenesharda. That could be it. Names can be formed from anything.
Spoiler for Sword Art Online:
Still, no doubt it would be bring confusion if the Valvrave pilots were called Golden 7, and there weren't 7 Valvraves.

Quote:
He gave them plenty of slack in season 1. Season 1, all they got was lucky breaks. Now it's time to pay the piper....
Exactly, I always thought the students were on borrowed time. I knew the most brutal battle was being saved for the end of season 1, only for the not exactly worst outcome to happen due to a fluke, only to be trumped by the latest episode. It wasn't even a battle, but a massacre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If Akira and Saki had a Haruto and L-Elf kind of relationship, than yes.

Saki.. doesn't really have any friends.
This isn't even a matter of friendship. Why would you permanently jack your friend's body?
Old 2013-12-08, 23:54   Link #2104
Key Board
Carbon

Kamitsuki hijacks aren't permanent
but anyway, my point is she would only do it for someone she really loves
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-09, 13:13   Link #2105
Kurohane

^ However, Akira would be using someone else's body when it wasn't needed. That implies her current body is unusable. The body jack would be permanent if true. Also, if Akira was a true friend, she wouldn't have accepted it.
Old 2013-12-09, 14:04   Link #2106
~BC~

How do you know that it would't be needed? Unless you know the exact context of what's going on during the flashforward we can't say for certain that the jacking could be permanent in this "what if" scenario. The extent of our knowledge is that Satomi and Saki (or their look-a-likes, descendants, clones) are talking to the prince about history. We can maybe infer a few things about their personalities but everything from the extent of their relationships to each other to the where's, why's and how's are speculation.
Old 2013-12-09, 14:19   Link #2107
Kurohane

^ I understand jacking an enemy during battle. That's when it's needed, but I don't consider jacking someone when all your doing is talking to another necessary. It isn't a matter of speculation, but morality. Why would Akira need to jack Saki if her own body is okay? If her body was destroyed, I'd buy that as a reason. However, the term friendship is applied. I understand if Saki being a good friend wanted to sacrifice her own body to Akira if there was no other way. That's caring, but for it to be a friendship Akira would have to care for Saki as well enough to at least be hesitant about it, because she wouldn't want cause Saki harm as well. Why else would you jack a friend? Just for the fun of it?

Of course, I know this is just speculation, one way or the other. I'm just voicing my opinion.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:00   Link #2108
~BC~

But how do you know that the jacking was for the purpose of that scene and there aren't extenuating circumstances that may have forced her to remain in that body for an extended amount of time? That's all I'm saying.
Old 2013-12-09, 16:13   Link #2109
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
But how do you know that the jacking was for the purpose of that scene and there aren't extenuating circumstances that may have forced her to remain in that body for an extended amount of time? That's all I'm saying.
because there aren't extenuating circumstances that may have forced her to even consider to hijack saki's body...they are both kamitsuki...
Old 2013-12-09, 16:32   Link #2110
Kurohane

Quote:
I'm not saying it was for the purpose of the scene. If it was implied that way, forgive me. However, since it was mentioned out of friendship, I don't see why Akira would jack Saki at all, if she was a friend to her.
Old 2013-12-09, 17:00   Link #2111
~BC~

@username31
We have no way of knowing that. That peaceful scene could have been during a lull of action. And remember the extenuating circumstances that led to Haruto having to borrow L-Elf's body during episode 7. Mind you, I'm not trying to say that anything is definitive; quite the opposite.

Anyway, that's enough time spent on this "what if" scenario based on a flashforward that may never get fully explained.
Old 2013-12-09, 19:00   Link #2112
username31

Quote:
@username31
We have no way of knowing that. That peaceful scene could have been during a lull of action. And remember the extenuating circumstances that led to Haruto having to borrow L-Elf's body during episode 7. Mind you, I'm not trying to say that anything is definitive; quite the opposite.
that was different situation and Haruto and L-elf was set to do that both were major characters that one of the scene they start to using each others, and L-elf can't use valvrave if haruto doesn't hijack him...akira and saki don't have that kind of relationship and both of them can use valvrave and immortal...and who talk about the peaceful scene in the future we talk about circumstances to even consider to hijack a kamitsuki body when someone is kamitsuki nothing to do with the peaceful or not...
Old 2013-12-11, 14:48   Link #2113
Key Board
Carbon

well. Wednesday
Here's my prediction

Someone will register with Unit-1 and become the new pilot
Primary candidates are Satomi or Shoko

Satomi has been hinted at
He has went through GENEROUS character development this season
L-Elf once suggested it (was he serious?)
and Satomi seems to be a kamitsuki in the future

Shoko might do it to redeem herself. But if she does, this also means that they are abandoning the human and kamitsuki cooperation angle
and as a side effect I think it will also destroy any remaining possibility of being with Haruto
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-11, 15:25   Link #2114
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Shoko might do it to redeem herself. But if she does, this also means that they are abandoning the human and kamitsuki cooperation angle
and as a side effect I think it will also destroy any remaining possibility of being with Haruto

I don't think it will be that easy, since there still two secrets that wasn't revealed and that being Shoko's father death and episode 10. I have a feeling that later episodes will further divide Shoko's fans base, for Haruto to reveal episode 10 something must really bad happened between him and Shoko. Hopefully I am wrong though, but I just can't shake off the feeling that Shoko's father and episode 10 is for this moment...
Old 2013-12-11, 15:35   Link #2115
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I don't think it will be that easy, since there still two secrets that wasn't revealed and that being Shoko's father death and episode 10. I have a feeling that later episodes will further divide Shoko's fans base, for Haruto to reveal episode 10 something must really bad happened between him and Shoko. Hopefully I am wrong though, but I just can't shake off the feeling that Shoko's father and episode 10 is for this moment...
I'm hoping they do something with episode 10. If it just ends up being an event that is never mentioned or referenced again, I will be quite disappointed. There had better be some reason and consequences of that event, either on Saki's side or Haruto's, or both. There better be some reason Pino was so interested in the human/kamitsuki reproduction process.

Interestingly, I wouldn't be surprised if Haruto learned about Shoko's father's death from L-elf. L-elf might wake up from his depression in a testy mood and he might not care what he reveals anymore. Especially if Haruto happens to say something to tick him off.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-11, 15:41   Link #2116
Key Board
Carbon

about that

I'm guessing they'll either sweep it under the rug..
or Haruto will blurt it out at the worst possible moment and with the worst possible wording.. because you know.. Haruto

like say "I might have assaulted people. I might have raped Rukino, but it wasn't my fault~!"
Old 2013-12-11, 15:43   Link #2117
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
I'm hoping they do something with episode 10. If it just ends up being an event that is never mentioned or referenced again, I will be quite disappointed. There had better be some reason and consequences of that event, either on Saki's side or Haruto's, or both. There better be some reason Pino was so interested in the human/kamitsuki reproduction process.

Interestingly, I wouldn't be surprised if Haruto learned about Shoko's father's death from L-elf. L-elf might wake up from his depression in a testy mood and he might not care what he reveals anymore. Especially if Haruto happens to say something to tick him off.
Honesty is Okouchi going all out on sinking the ship or what? The thing I'm currently most afraid of is that episode 10 might push Shoko off the cliff and do something stupid... to my Saki for being the first time with Haruto.
Old 2013-12-11, 15:49   Link #2118
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^In the event that episode 10's conclusion & Shoko's father's death comes to light, HaruShoko will officially have been sunk. There's no doubt about that.

As long as those events remain in the dark, the ship is still sailing. However, considering that this show go with the "all things that can go wrong, will" route, I expect these events to come to light before season's end. If there is a third cour, then Sunrise will save it until next season.

OT: I don't really have a prediction for tomorrow's episode at this time. "Fist of the moon" is thought provoking & I don't even know what to expect with it. I've seen a lot of interesting theories/predictions & I'm waiting to see who was closest to the actual events of the episode.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-11, 17:32   Link #2119
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
Someone will register with Unit-1 and become the new pilot
Primary candidates are Satomi or Shoko
I think this is very possible too. I think there are two ways they could use Satomi's growth; either as someone to take up the leader role after Shoko or as a back up pilot. Either way his becoming a kamitsuki (barring any twists) is a given.

Shoko's father being involved in the project and technically being part of the reason all this stuff is going down could provide enough push for her to pilot.
Quote:
I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't see a kamitsuki x human pairing as integral to the coexistence angle. We've already had this in the form of the Earth Team (well technically Module 77 but...). I wouldn't be surprised if we see those specific individuals standing up for the pilots in the coming episodes. Though I admit I think the theme would've been stronger had more people been aware of what the pilots were sooner but we've gone over that subject enough already.
Old 2013-12-11, 17:37   Link #2120
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I don't see Shoko doing it, she still too shocked by the recent development and rather being pushed by her father I can see her being more horrify by it. Satomi though, definitely seeing how big a sis-con he is and the future scene.