AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 10:44   Link #8381
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

I keep telling people its not Gonzo's fault for the production committee bringing them a poorly devised show...

Sure Gonzo is wishy washy but having a forced fan service show forced down their throat(willing or not) is not entirely their fault.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:56   Link #8382
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
the problem with GONZO is that they have plenty of material to work with- the manga is very popular and extremely well done. However, you'll notice that outside a few shows, GONZO as of recent has been trying to go by the formula of "Make show extremely ecchi= more fanboys will buy our DVDs and we'll stay in the black." However, Dragonauts, which had some plot, concentrated too much on the ecchi otherwise and abandoned plot, and it failed. R+V sells because ecchi is thrown in like spices- a little here and there. The plot is what keeps the manga going and our interest. GONZO, however, tried to apply their above formula to this... they took Ikeda-sensei's work, which was excellent as it was, then just kept the characters and setting (especially in Capu2) and did as some production companies do took a ton of liberties for it in order to apply their formula of ecchi sells. Since ecchi isn't what sells R+V... well, GONZO came out with a piece of shit that should really never be spoken of

[/end fan!boy rant]

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:59   Link #8383
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
the problem with GONZO is that they have plenty of material to work with- the manga is very popular and extremely well done. However, you'll notice that outside a few shows, GONZO as of recent has been trying to go by the formula of "Make show extremely ecchi= more fanboys will buy our DVDs and we'll stay in the black." However, Dragonauts, which had some plot, concentrated too much on the ecchi otherwise and abandoned plot, and it failed. R+V sells because ecchi is thrown in like spices- a little here and there. The plot is what keeps the manga going and our interest. GONZO, however, tried to apply their above formula to this... they took Ikeda-sensei's work, which was excellent as it was, then just kept the characters and setting (especially in Capu2) and did as some production companies do took a ton of liberties for it in order to apply their formula of ecchi sells. Since ecchi isn't what sells R+V... well, GONZO came out with a piece of shit that should really never be spoken of

[/end fan!boy rant]
And if the pre production committee who sets up the shows preemies and themetelling them to do "this" is to blame for the show becoming a mess?

Sometimes a production company has the unfortunate job of merely doing what they are told to do.
Old 2009-04-05, 11:01   Link #8384
ZippyDSM

Quote:
... Zippy, stop applying the physics here. You're going to kill Nekome-sensei, if you haven't already

you can argue forever on why Tsukune should be weak to water, but it's canon that Tsukune has no weakness to water of any sort, no matter how many laws of physics this break (but then, when doesn't a manga break laws of physics?). hence why Tsukune is so awesome... at least in Vamp mode

when in Ghoul/Berserker Vampire mode, though, he does have a few weaknesses
Lulwut?

Ok let me see if I can simplify this more, its been stated(in this fiction) that water disrupts vampires spiritual energy. The physics example I gave can be applied to meta physics as well since its basically an abstract of 1+1=2.

So let me ask you, do you not like thinking and running thoughts to their possable logical outcome?

The fiction gives us clues to possible story outcomes and plot points if you think about it instead of taking everything literally(or not thinking and being vaguely boring) there are 3 outcomes for Tsukune either he remains a "Half Ghoul"(His current form as I see it) unable to fully control his powers which is as likely as him becoming a full vampire in time once his body and soul adjusts to his powers or he degrades into a mindless beast(a a whole ghoul) and loses his humanity.

The last bit will always haunt him and makes for good story fodder, the becoming a vampire bit makes for a good ending with Moka as his wife, the remaining as he is even if he can fight better keeps the story flowing until the time comes to end the story.
Old 2009-04-05, 11:28   Link #8385
Miles Teg

Tsukune has no problem with water because he has a human body (stated by Moka in volume 6), water make a vampire body unable/painful to use vampire energy.

IMHO Tsukune is working right now to make his body and his mind able to withstand the vampire energy not to become some kind of full vampire.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:29   Link #8386
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

*facepalm*

this is why I hate trying to apply reality to manga- it turns into a huge argument that can go back and forth forever

anyways, I may need to recheck the manga, but where has it been stated that water disrupts their energy? I believe the better term is 'drains' the energy. And since I am forced to do a little thinking... well, a vampire's immense strength comes from the fact that it's made of the pure youkai power. Drain thzat, and all their power goes away. But because tsukune is a mixture of both human and vampire, the water can't drain his power, and hence why he has a lack of weakness to water

Old 2009-04-05, 11:44   Link #8387
Miles Teg

Quote:
anyways, I may need to recheck the manga, but where has it been stated that water disrupts their energy?
Chapter 3, volume 1 state that water drain power out and paralyze the body of a vampire.

Chapter 22, volume 6 water create short circuit + power drain out of the body.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:51   Link #8388
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune doesn't have to be a pure vampire to take Moka as his bride, Moka herself said that the old traditions of Vampires being not allowed to marry outside of their race has been abandoned long ago. Go read the extra chapter at the end of season 1.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 12:29   Link #8389
ZippyDSM

Quote:
*facepalm*

this is why I hate trying to apply reality to manga- it turns into a huge argument that can go back and forth forever

anyways, I may need to recheck the manga, but where has it been stated that water disrupts their energy? I believe the better term is 'drains' the energy. And since I am forced to do a little thinking... well, a vampire's immense strength comes from the fact that it's made of the pure youkai power. Drain thzat, and all their power goes away. But because tsukune is a mixture of both human and vampire, the water can't drain his power, and hence why he has a lack of weakness to water
disrupts=drains same difference, the energy can not be stabilized thus is lost.

Who says anything about reality you can apply water=purity or water=spiritual resonance either way its a process in which water can create barriers or damage/disrupt/drain as well as do other things dependent on the fiction.

I apologize if I hit a nerve I to hate it when science(or dreary real world) is placed in fiction where it dose not need to be(blade,xmen,ect), but I am talking in metaphors and figuratives (and ZOMG! zippy speak ).

Anyway way you make an example/explanation of it the results are how its implemented in its defined fiction is the same.(IE 1+1=2)

And I still say its possible for Tuskune to gain a weakness to water its just only as pluaseable as him picking Yukari or Koko adult form or no. :P

HayashiTakara
I know that I am jsut saying it would make for good story fodder.

Miles Teg
Ah I forgot about paralyzation ^^
Old 2009-04-05, 12:50   Link #8390
Used Can

Has the latest chapter been released?
Old 2009-04-05, 14:20   Link #8391
Inmortal_Soul

Not yet...
Inmortal_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 14:56   Link #8392
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Has the latest chapter been released?
you'll notice when it is - because everyone starts talking about it

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 15:00   Link #8393
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hey guys, check it out.. I can make my thumb dissapear :O
Old 2009-04-05, 15:03   Link #8394
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
. . . the effects of the waiting X'D

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 15:11   Link #8395
Inmortal_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
wuwuwuwujajjajaja

Spoiler:

I'm so rude... T_T

Last edited by Inmortal_Soul; 2009-04-05 at 15:37.
Old 2009-04-05, 19:54   Link #8396
Cio
Otaku

I hope this evening we get the RAW... Ooo, i can't wait any longer
Old 2009-04-05, 20:42   Link #8397
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I keep looking, but I fear something may have happened that will keep us waiting yet another month... I hope this isn't the case though

Old 2009-04-05, 20:51   Link #8398
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune doesn't have to be a pure vampire to take Moka as his bride, Moka herself said that the old traditions of Vampires being not allowed to marry outside of their race has been abandoned long ago. Go read the extra chapter at the end of season 1.
true im guessing cause of there small numbers they can't afford to be picky anymore.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:21   Link #8399
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

that, and it makes things rather convenient for Tsukune, wouldn't you say? It means that he;ll retain his awesomeness that comes from being a mix of both human and vampire and not have to worry about becoming a full-fledged vampire (though he did say he wouldn't mind if it were to be with Moka in ch. 11). Sure, being a full fledged vampire means he'll have incredible strength, but I'd rather he had lack of weaknesses than the full strength

Old 2009-04-05, 22:20   Link #8400
Inmortal_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
true im guessing cause of there small numbers they can't afford to be picky anymore.
jajjajajaj seeeeeeeeee

I think that the question for Tsukune is not "who", it is "how" and "when".

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire