AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-30, 00:58   Link #1361
Hideki-Motosuwa
Anime Toshokan Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Hideki-Motosuwa Send a message via Yahoo to Hideki-Motosuwa
Group: Anime-Toshokan Fansubs
IRC: #anime-toshokan@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Translator (Jp -> Eng) (Most Needed Positions) (All other positions are filled but are welcomed)
Projects: THE IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia (Besides these, any other the translator(s) wishes to do is fine)
Contact: (on IRC) Hideki-Motosuwa, Tsuikana, Sumiregawa-kun, or Uchikoma/Des|Away (Website) Hideki-Motosuwa
E-mail: hideki@animetoshokan.org
AIM: hidekimotosuwax

In real big need of a translator. Please help us.
Old 2007-05-31, 18:28   Link #1362
hideFan

Group: Surprise-Subs
IRC Channel: #Surprise-Subs On Rizon
Positions: TRANSLATOR, encoder, editors...
Projects: Shin Bikkuriman and/or Happy Lucky Bikkuriman

Well.. I say We, but most of my irc friends are lazy and dont really want to help, they just wanna be there XD. So I need just about everything now... How sad...

UPDATE: We are now on Rizon! We still need help though ;-;

Last edited by hideFan; 2007-06-04 at 08:58.
Old 2007-06-01, 15:36   Link #1363
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Group: Megami-Anime
Irc: #megami-anime@irc.rizon.net and #megmami-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Translator (like always) TIMERS AND EDITORS!
Projects: Our unfinshed OVA and come to the channel as we can't announce some of the shows.

Very tedious making these ads as the payoff is well not favaroble but since this is summer we will be working more on some of our shows. And our translator just sped up and that showed us our lack of timers. So wee need someone who will tim our backlog ^_^. Well see you in megami.
Old 2007-06-01, 19:00   Link #1364
Blitz

Group: Anime2Anime
Irc: #a2a@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Translator, We could use with a really fast TIMER, and an editor.. And of course distro and quality checkers as always A TRACKER! please someone help us with a tracker
Projects: Come to irc and see ^-^

We need an encoder to encode the releases some-what lower quality so people with not the greatest computers can play them with no problem ^^

Last edited by Blitz; 2007-06-03 at 22:49.
Old 2007-06-02, 11:32   Link #1365
Tsurugi

Evolution looking for Translators, among other staff.

Group: Evolution Fansubs
Site: Http://fansubs.tokyoevolution.com
IRC: #evolution-fansubs@irc.rizon.net
Staff Needed: Translators, Timers, Experienced Encoders and Typesetters
Projects: Devil May Cry Anime, Detective Academy Q JDrama Special, any other various projects that come our way!
Contact: Tsurugi on Rizon, evoirc@gmail.com, or PM me through this forum or our forums.

Okay, so Evolution just had their first release. Though it wasn't an anime, I'd say it was successful for being a scifi show from Korea named Erexion xD.
Anyhow we're looking to get into some anime projects as well. I have a few staff interested in the upcoming Devil May Cry anime and also in some other anime that are starting soon, but of course we need the translators to do anything!
We have all the other staff needed to get a start on the projects, though more timers, and an experienced encoder would be awesome. It'd also be great if we had some more typesetters... perhaps someone experienced in creating awesome karaoke effects, since while I'm not bad at karaoke, I have nowhere near the experience of the best.
If anyone has any interest at all in joining our group, please contact me or stop by our IRC channel. You won't regret that you did .
Old 2007-06-03, 14:43   Link #1366
Orochimaru83
Fansub bitch

Send a message via MSN to Orochimaru83
Group: TNT Fansub
IRC Channel: #tntfansub @ irc.rizon.net
Positions: jap-eng translator, editor, QCer, encoder, timer, karaoker, typesetter, distro and webmaster
So almost everything x1 for each role
Projects: come over in the chan to know it

Well, me and my friend are trying to found an English branch of the Italian TNT Fansub Group
If we get the right staff (experienced fansubber are to be prefered) we'd like to sub a show in English

If you feel like joining, come over at our chan or drop me some lines

Last edited by Orochimaru83; 2007-06-14 at 13:46.
Old 2007-06-04, 03:30   Link #1367
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

Group: Kanjisub
IRC: #kanjisub@irc.rizon.net or #kanji-recruit@irc.rizon.net
Position: Timer
Projects: Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! and Baccano!
Contact: join in our channel and leave a query to someone that have @ status

Thanks.

We need a Editor!
Old 2007-06-05, 16:46   Link #1368
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Group: MugenX
Position: Translation checker or translation assist
Projects: Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto ranger

Last edited by xxanimefan4_ever; 2007-06-07 at 14:25.
Old 2007-06-05, 17:15   Link #1369
Sublime Jecht

Group: Zettai
Irc: #zettai@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Distro, QCers and editors.
Contact: Jeckt in IRC and website, email: sublime.jecht@gmail.com

We urgently need BT and XDCC distro, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sublime Jecht; 2007-06-06 at 18:01. Reason: Added the request for editors and changed the email
Old 2007-06-05, 18:37   Link #1370
drag-5

japan-legend project....

hey guys, I'm the Founder of japan-legend.com and I am looking at the prospect of bringing together a group of people to fansub japanese shows, wether it be anime or other types of show.
I figured this be the best place to ask about this.
if there is anybody who is kinda floating about and not part of any group but is interested in making one and just needs resources....

or whatever...
well I'd like to hear what you have to say

A bit of information about the site....
well we are currently home to 'guyver advocacy' a guyver manga scanlation group.
the site is dedicated to bringing japanese media to a wider audience.

focus is on tokusatsu, anime, manga, and japanese video games.
(pretty much in that order so far due to our current user base.)
Old 2007-06-06, 01:34   Link #1371
Nathalie-sama
*Fansubber

Post Tales of Symphonia OVA

Group: Diffusion
Position: Translator (japanese->english)
IRC: #diffusion@irc.rizon.net
Anime: Tales of Symphonia OVA
Contact: IRC on Rizon.net or irchighway.net PM under the name Nathalie-sama

What's a good reason why to work for this group on this project?

We have staff that actually played the game and knows what they are doing for this OVA. The OVA consists of 4 episodes. One will come out each month or so. The first episode comes out on Friday, June 8th 2007. The translator will not be tied down to any other projects with this group.

Any questions? PM or email me.

Last edited by Nathalie-sama; 2009-10-12 at 22:47. Reason: -
Old 2007-06-06, 17:19   Link #1372
WolfRaven

Hi, I'm an experienced QC and editor looking for a fansub group to join. I also have minimal experience in timing, however I am willing to learn.
I'm not too picky about the group I join whether it's an old group or someone wanting to start a new one, but I am a slight perfectionist so I prefer groups that do quality subs.

If anyone is interested, I can be reached via email at wolfraven536@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Old 2007-06-06, 22:23   Link #1373
The_Unknown

Group: Yuki
Position: All Position (Translator[Urgent], Timer, Typeset, Encoder, QC, Distro, Karafx, raw provider, [so on])
IRC: #yuki@irc.rizon.net
Email: kaudokyaputau@gmail.com

The point of this newly born fansub is to fun.
Anime that are going to be sub are base on what the team mates member wishes.

Current project: haven't pick yet... lol

Plz contact me The_Unknown or rissa on the irc for any question or email us.

Last edited by The_Unknown; 2007-06-06 at 22:41.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:22   Link #1374
martino
makes no files now

Group: Formula Sub
Position/s: Quality Checker (for all our projects), XDCC and BT people as always.
Project/s: Tales of Symphonia OAVs, undecided summer/early autumn series
IRC: #formulasub@irc.rizon.net
Web: www.formulasub.com
Contact: PM martino (or any other channel op) on IRC, or use this forum for contacting me.

Thank You

Last edited by martino; 2007-06-09 at 07:37. Reason: updated available positions
Old 2007-06-07, 21:31   Link #1375
Prons
Disabled By Request

Shin-Getter has an abundance of translations, but not enough timers! Please e-mail PronsAmuro@gmail.com if you want to time for any of our three major projects, L-GAIM (most needed), Raideen (1970s verison) and Zambot 3 it'd really help, as we have plenty of translations just waiting to be timed!
Old 2007-06-07, 22:33   Link #1376
Blitz

Group: Anime2Anime
Position: TIMERS, Editors, Distro, Super seeders, Qcers, Translators, Translation Checkers, Encoders, Donators.
Projects: Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica, Kotetsushin Jeeg, Kiss Dum (not sure on, need translator =/)
Contact: Email: Blitz01@gmail.com. Irc: #a2a @ irc.rizon.net

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-08 at 05:23.
Old 2007-06-08, 01:04   Link #1377
Cloud668
Nice Boat.
*Fansubber

Post removed.

Last edited by Cloud668; 2014-06-16 at 20:08.
Old 2007-06-08, 04:36   Link #1378
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

JEEB is looking for new blood.

Group: JEEB fansubs
Positions: Translator(s), Encoder, Editors / Quality checkers, Typesetters/Karaoke scripters, IRC Channel Bot Operator
Sure/Current Projects: Lucky☆Star, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
IRC Channel: #jeeb @ irc.rizon.net
E-mail: jeebjp {atmark} gmail.com
MSN Messenger: jeebatk {atmark} hotmail.com

I have been fansubbing for some two months already and with several releases you can say that I exist. But being alone has its minus points, errors in Q/C and maybe the lack of editing. As I would like to take upon the continuation of Higurashi, I put out an advert. But you, if you wish, can take part in the Lucky☆Star translation, as well. New people are always welcome.

Details about positions:
  • Translator: Your job will be the main translation of an episode with the OP(s) and ED(s), so rather good knowledge of Japanese and English is required. Usually at least two people will be doing one episode, so the burden is not that big as with doing one episode wholly alone. Of course particular availability during the primary phase of translation (first 3-4 days after the episode has aired) is needed during the time while the show is aired. Preferably the translation is done together with a rough timing, but I can help with that.
  • Encoder: Your job will be making the hard-karaoke'd and marked video from available raw material for the softsubs to be laid on, or - if hardsubs will be selected completely - the final video with hardsubs "burned" into the video. Must be somehow experienced with encoding using x.264 CLI. - Position Filled
  • Editor / Quality Checker: Your job will be to view the first translations with RAW video and make remarks / corrections about things that do not seem right. Also the main typo checking is on your shoulders. After the script has been properly timed for the first time, you will check it so that it feels right, and, when the first ready release candidate comes out, you will watch it through 2-3 times and report possible mistakes in scripting / possible problems with the encode. Some knowledge of Japanese and rather good knowledge of English is required.
  • Typesetter / Karaoke Scripter: Your job will be to make the main image of the fansubs. Mood adaptation, general styling in subtitles combined with the karaoke effects and sign placing are your essential link in the group. Good knowledge of ASS scripting required. Also the main timing will be done by you, so preferably some knowledge of Japanese is required (even though you might have the rough timing done for you already). - Position Filled

If you are interested in any of the positions and think you can be an active part of a group during summer-fall 2007, or just have any questions about them, please contact me through e-mail, the website, MSN Messenger or through PM in this forum. Also people that can help with seeding of releases and/or XDCC and raw comparisons are always needed, so please be in contact with me if you can help with that.

The next series begins 2007/07/06 @ 26:30 (which is 2007/07/07 @ 2:30) JST.

With best regards,
JEEB

Last edited by JEEB; 2007-06-21 at 06:40. Reason: Added the IRC channel data, checked some positions
Old 2007-06-08, 04:40   Link #1379
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Erm, is this allowed?
I'm looking for someone who'd help me sub/edit/qc/distro the trailer for CLANNAD the movie (roughly 1:24 long). I have the translated/romaji/kanji lyrics for the song, Mag Mell.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-06-08, 23:32   Link #1380
tapio
sae-chan~

Group: Kuro-Hana Fansubs
IRC: #Kuro-Hana
Positions: Translators
Future Projects: Devil May Cry? or Anything that interests us.
Email: contact@kuro-hanasubs.com

Kuro-Hana is looking to pick up a new show. As most of you know we already sub a show that will end in 3 episodes, and Kenichi which isn't much fun.

We are looking to pick up a new show and are willing to do any joints, slow or fast.

We can supply Translators/Timers/Editors/Encoder/Typesetters.

If anyone is interested simply contact me (mpr) on rizon in #kuro-hana.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator