AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-09, 23:33   Link #401
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i literally face palmed when it was changed into a hug instead.... just the same shock factor i got when i watched canvas 2 (although not as massive as that)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 04:22   Link #402
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
i literally face palmed when it was changed into a hug instead.... just the same shock factor i got when i watched canvas 2 (although not as massive as that)
I didn't face palm ... personally i think i kept staring at the screen when the scene had already shifted and was thinking "wait , waiiit ... did i just blink and missed it, or they actually didn't make use of that perfect setup ? X.X"

Canvas 2 ? hm ..

Spoiler for Canvas 2 ending spoiler; do not click unless you have watched:
Old 2008-05-10, 08:51   Link #403
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I didn't face palm ... personally i think i kept staring at the screen when the scene had already shifted and was thinking "wait , waiiit ... did i just blink and missed it, or they actually didn't make use of that perfect setup ? X.X"

Canvas 2 ? hm ..

Spoiler for Canvas 2 ending spoiler; do not click unless you have watched:
during that lake scene i was literally all giddy waiting for that moment and after 2 re-watching i facepalmed over the bitter reality

as for canvas...

Spoiler for canvas 2 ending spoiler:
Old 2008-05-10, 11:07   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Classic and simple ... one of the good ones, yes.
Indeed, and with that in mind, Summer is here so it's time for a rewatch. I'll have plenty of lemonade ready.
Old 2008-05-10, 11:38   Link #405
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked Lamune for the gentle mood and for the fact that there was never really any doubt they were together. It was a love story rather than a frustration story. The only frustration was us waiting for a kiss, lol.

That makes it exactly the opposite of Canvas2, which was frustration from beginning to end...
Spoiler for Canvas2 ending:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:44   Link #406
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please stop the Canvas 2 conversation in this thread. I appreciate that it's under spoiler tags and such, but if you guys want to have that debate again, let's do it in the proper thread. Not here.
Old 2008-05-10, 17:06   Link #407
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Someone compared the two as having similar endings... beats me how the two can be compared or contrasted since Canvas 2 was a clear triangle and Lamune was a straight path romance with random obstacles.
Old 2008-05-10, 17:20   Link #408
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Someone compared the two as having similar endings... beats me how the two can be compared or contrasted since Canvas 2 was a clear triangle and Lamune was a straight path romance with random obstacles.
Yes, it was never at all meant that way. The OP was just trying to express the degree with which he was shocked, and the train derailed at that point when people thought he was making some sort of content comparison.
Old 2008-05-11, 02:37   Link #409
DanielSong39

I think it's significant that Kenji doesn't kiss Nanami in that scene; it shows that his love for her is "pure", and he shows how precious she is to him by embracing her twice. It also implies that they don't sleep together in the inn - which says a lot about Kenji's character. He is willing to wait until marriage (which probably happened soon after high school).

If Kenji had kissed her then and there, it would've sent the wrong message. A kiss followed by the couple walking back to their room - gees, it doesn't take a genious to see the implications.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 06:19   Link #410
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

How does it make the love more "pure" by not kissing her ? Are we approaching this with the mindset that anything intimate somehow cheapens a relationship and is "impure" ? Lets assume he does kiss her at the scene ... does that change anything ? Would anyone really think less of his feelings for Nanami if he did ?

I am also curious how you deducted that Kenji (or Nanami for that matter) is "willing to wait until marriage" (or that he even cares about such a thing in the first place, which isn't implied anywhere at all). I don't think the two not having sex in the anime when they have yet to even kiss carries any underline implications There is no moral highground to be found in claims that "this and that should wait until marriage" either, never mind when talking about a kiss. There are different opinions on the subject, and neither is more "correct", nor is there a "wrong" message to send.
Old 2008-05-11, 06:40   Link #411
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I smooched my missus loads, went back to her room loads as well, but we still waited >.<

A kiss is just a kiss, don't read to much into it, especially in anime.

Personally i think it was just they decided a kiss scene probably wouldn't have fitted very well *shrugs*
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 09:07   Link #412
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The way i see it, a kiss scene would have been a bonus to an already 'complete' romance tale. Not needed, though would have been nice to see. Can't even begin to imagine why they didn't add one though.
Old 2008-05-11, 09:48   Link #413
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If Kenji had kissed her then and there, it would've sent the wrong message. A kiss followed by the couple walking back to their room - gees, it doesn't take a genius to see the implications.
yeah when i revisited this thread this thought came to me as well. the kissing scene followed by them going back to the room would definitely lead up to 'something'. even if they would deny it, the audience would be led to believe that something happened because it would seem that the kiss will play the role of an ignition tool to something more.... errmm.. 'passionate'

Quote:
we waited
damn, i salute you
Old 2008-05-11, 09:58   Link #414
christgch

Quote:
yeah when i revisited this thread this thought came to me as well. the kissing scene followed by them going back to the room would definitely lead up to 'something'. even if they would deny it, the audience would be led to believe that something happened because it would seem that the kiss will play the role of an ignition tool to something more.... errmm.. 'passionate'

damn, i salute you
Yeah, that's the point.
christgch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:09   Link #415
Snuffle
likes cute things

Wow, why did this thread become active again? Well I recently watched Lamune again (uncut version, saw the TV version a long time ago), and damn.... I forgot how great this show is! Especially the last 2-3 eps. Pleast correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems a whole year passed that he was out. From summer to summer again?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:55   Link #416
Supah Em
*Scanlator

yep, nanami stopped studying for a year to take care of ken-chan. Everything went out well in the end, its just that there were no kissing scene at all. not that im complaining, its still one of the great love story around.
Old 2008-05-13, 21:19   Link #417
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
yep, nanami stopped studying for a year to take care of ken-chan. Everything went out well in the end
Oh yeah, everything went out well, just put aside the fact she has to repeat a year at school. (-_-)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 21:23   Link #418
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh yeah, everything went out well, just put aside the fact she has to repeat a year at school. (-_-)
yep, just that

well basically nanami voluntarily left school to take care of him and judging by the rural setting school isnt THAT much important as in the urban areas(this maybe misunderstood). And ken did wake up so i guess that the benefit of nanami's sacrifice.

all's well that ends well
Old 2008-05-14, 13:24   Link #419
stardf29

Add me to the list of Lamune re-watchers. I first saw this show about a year ago--'twas actually one of my very first anime series. Totally fell in love with it. Such a sweet show.

And personally, I don't mind at all that there is no kiss scene. Then again, I generally don't find kiss scenes that interesting in the first place; after all, the real romance is in the character interactions outside of that stuff.
stardf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:12   Link #420
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Frankly, I think the "ramune" moment at the end is all the physicality it needed O.o

But yes, I would not have objected to a kiss scene at the lake side - but that's my "western sensibility" at work.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation