AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 10.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 23.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 23.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 10.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 8.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 6.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 15:23   Link #21
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

That said...
Spoiler for big spoilers for last season:
You know, you can have the former without the latter pretty easily
Old 2007-01-10, 20:15   Link #22
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

If we can see Moe Primula and Psycho Kaede I'm happy.

Although with a title like memories,I don't think we can expect anything more than recollections from the first serie,but then again it would be pointless to make.Hopefully we'll see new or alternate stories.

I was thinking about all these harems hentai made anime series and thought it would be really cool if at the end of the serie,they would make an episode in wich the male lead chooses a different girl for each girl,so we could get all the possible endings.
Old 2007-01-10, 20:23   Link #23
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, saw the intro. I have this hope, since most of the original anime passed in front of my eyes, that we'll see freshly drawn stuff but I could always be wrong... Anyway, the intro doesn't say much other than "We're all so nice friends and an exciting Shuffle begins". LOL
Old 2007-01-10, 20:56   Link #24
4n1m3frk

What I found out online is that is that the first episode is just a introduction to those who have never watched Shuffle!. Episodes 2-11 are the stories of the characters Kaede, Asa Nerine, Sia, and Primula (respectively). And of course the stories would be of new material =)...and episode 12 is just an ending that will conclude whatever they wish to conclude =)
Old 2007-01-10, 21:24   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

By some counts, one might argue the entire cast is psychotic since they're "all friends" after the events of season one.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:36   Link #26
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Even now I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out the point of this series. Is it a twelve episode recap of the first series' plot told from different POVs? Is it just an anthology of tidbits on the characters we didn't learn from the first series? Is it just a bunch of filler episodes that have no bearing on the plot? Is it a sequel? An alternate timeline? An alternate universe, even? Or just pointless fan pandering?

Ep 1 was recap nonetheless, so there's not much to comment on. And they are necessary, believe it or not, since it is easy to forget the plot or characters after about a year since the last episode aired (...well, maybe moreso in other series where the plot is a little more intricate). And, admittedly, I had forgotten just how moe non-psycho Kaede is. I confess, I just can't get enough of Gotou Yuuko's voice. There seemed to be a lot of corner-cutting, though, particular relating to the OP sequence, which was very bland, with lots of re-used footage and a pretty stale song compared with last series'.

Anyway, I'm going to try to go into this with a new attitude, since it's been over a year since I saw the original Shuffle!, and I'm a little more mature now, and a little more realistic in what one can expect from anime like this. So, I won't be taking it very seriously and not getting so up-in-arms about the ridiculous premise, constant illogicalities, nonsensical characters and plotholes. I'll just sit back and try to enjoy the fanservice and inanity and admire Kaede for a bit.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:42   Link #27
slidingk1

great 12 new episodes of shuffle but is this actually going to be new content aside from some kind of freakish recap of things.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:50   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The series titles imply that two episodes will be devoted to each girl's POV.... but even then its unclear whether this is a rehash, a retelling, a recut, or a new after the events of the first season. At the moment my money is on "freakish recap with some tweaks to the storyline".... and I'm just kind of glad the fansubs are very small downloads
Old 2007-01-10, 21:54   Link #29
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The series titles imply that two episodes will be devoted to each girl's POV.... but even then its unclear whether this is a rehash, a retelling, a recut, or a new after the events of the first season. At the moment my money is on "freakish recap with some tweaks to the storyline".... and I'm just kind of glad the fansubs are very small downloads
Aaahhh. I d/led the XviD version. 223MB. Took me 2 hours to d/l on my crappy connection. And it crashed at the 7:50 mark. Live and learn, as they say...
Old 2007-01-10, 21:59   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Anyway, I'm going to try to go into this with a new attitude, since it's been over a year since I saw the original Shuffle!, and I'm a little more mature now, and a little more realistic in what one can expect from anime like this. So, I won't be taking it very seriously and not getting so up-in-arms about the ridiculous premise, constant illogicalities, nonsensical characters and plotholes. I'll just sit back and try to enjoy the fanservice and inanity and admire Kaede for a bit.
Probably the most rational way to approach the thing... I'm just going to watch for entertaining moments of each girl but particularly Nerine. The remaining processing allocation will be to just watch and see if the director actually clued in on where he crashed and burned.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:23   Link #31
JaNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Aaahhh. I d/led the XviD version. 223MB. Took me 2 hours to d/l on my crappy connection. And it crashed at the 7:50 mark. Live and learn, as they say...

Hmm, is there a quality difference between xvid and h.264?

Back on topic, I thought the first episode was horrible, could they not find a better way to show a recap? It just didn't seem to flow at all, just moves on to the next character.. like a slide show or something. Anyways, probably my lowest rating ever for an episode, 3/10.

I got hyped about the new shuffle! only to find out that the episode is completly useless.
Old 2007-01-11, 03:58   Link #32
Lord Stone

I'm pretty disappointed about this one, but it seems I am not the only one after all. I can only hope the rest of the episodes won't be in the same format... No way am I going to watch 12 episodes of narration with old material behind them.
Old 2007-01-11, 05:07   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally sat down and watched this ep........... <sigh>

1) the OP animation had some of the lamest editing and they used some of the most off-model crap in it ... it was kind of wild watching the animation quality go from 0 to 100 and back down from frame to frame. The song was passable but nothing catchy... not a good initial vibe.

2) The over-narration wasn't too bad. It provided a nice overview of each girl... but the grammar tense and the explanations are from a "when we first see her in season one" viewpoint. That's the best clue so far that we're just going to march over the same ground again in this series.. just recut to focus on a POV around a particular girl. This is going to be a bit weird.
Throughout the episode, I was reminded of some seriously off-model moments and disappointed they apparently didn't clean any of it up for the DVD. The "fog" .... makes me wonder if we'll see Asa's wardrobe malfunction at the beach at all.
3) same ED... and no preview... again, not a good vibe.

I really don't know what to say .... it really wasn't even a recap so much as an explanation of the setup ... looked overly stitched together... meh, I'll give it a 5 --- mostly because I got no feeling for the series from it.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-01-11 at 12:29.
Old 2007-01-11, 06:56   Link #34
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
so is this actually gonna be a continued thing from the first series or is it just a side thing with just a few eps?

禁則事項です
Old 2007-01-11, 08:59   Link #35
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
watched it raw. in this way i understand about 1/10 of what they're talking about. The anime seems to feature T. Sugita. the guy must have a tough schedule as he's a va in several anime of late.
so far indeed there's apparently nothing new. to tell the truth i didnt watch the original anime and but i read a lot of spoilers and i m also a bit familiar with the game. still hope the following episodes will bring have something new at least for me
Old 2007-01-11, 10:36   Link #36
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Finally sat down and watched this ep........... <sigh>

1) the OP animation had some of the lamest editing and they used some of the most off-model crap in it ... it was kind of wild watching the animation quality go from 0 to 100 and back down from frame to frame. The song was passable but nothing catchy... not a good initial vibe.
Yes, the off-model artwork was jarring throughout this overview episode. When the series originally aired, you could tell that the character art was undergoing minor and moderate shifts back and forth as different teams worked on the episodes (not counting the final episode - that was a collapse, not a shift). But for the most part the process was a gradual one, so it wasn't something that would constantly leap off the screen and slap the average veiwer in the face. But in this episode? Sheesh. Since they pasted together scenes cut from a wide range of episodes, some of the characters looked like they were being run through a morph generation program at random speed settings. Nerine's poor ears changed length, thickness and pointedness at least five times. But, I wasn't expecting very much from the start, so it will be hard to really disappoint me. Sometimes having low expectations is a good thing. I must say that I did like the scene in the OP of Primula with wings. In spite of the flaws in the original anime, the characters still provided me with a lot of enjoyment, so I'll probably be watching this for at least a few episodes. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good Nerine fix and make it all worthwhile.
Old 2007-01-11, 12:33   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Financially, I am having trouble figuring out what this series is even for -- unless its a floundering attempt to get attention for the software. I guess whichever girl gets profiled first will give us a clue about how the rest of the series goes... but the animation disparities are going to make things just bizarre if they haven't touched those up. I like your description, F., "morph generation program at random speed settings"... heh.

Yeah, but like Furudanuki says, I also enjoyed the characters themselves even if the story was written by idiots. So I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 2007-01-11, 12:58   Link #38
Cyz
"Show it to me"

There aren't any special things happen on first ep. It's just a summary and introduction of the characters on what happened from the last one. For those who watched the original Shuffle!, then it might be pretty boring watching the first ep of Shuffle! Memories. Well, I'm sure it'll pick up the slack on the next ep.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-11, 15:59   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At the end of the day it was just a recap - though i pretty much enjoyed it. I haven't rewatched the series in a while, so it felt good to remember all those amazing memories. Hearing the music within the series - instead of by its self was pretty epic, the music for this series is what i love most about it, so i'm a very happy person to know its here to stay yet again.
Old 2007-01-11, 18:19   Link #40
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thought the first episode would be more than just Rin recaping events and characters. Either way its nice to see some Shuffle and with my friends the Asa faction shall rise again (Que loud evil laugh). But seriously i hope theres more to it more backround stories on some of the characters would be nice along with an alternate chain of events.

However when Shuffle's first season ended i made a thread asking would fans like to see a sequel or why ruin a good thing. I think im going to get my answer