AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-02-25, 05:23   Link #1141
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Other way round. SHAFT does its original plot, the 2nd manga is an anime-manga transition work.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 10:33   Link #1142
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
This thread looks slow. Why isn't this active like the Naruto and Bleach manga threads?????? =/
It used to be quite active. Sushi-Y used to post new chapter translations each week; however, that was against Animesuki's policies. I think we all still discuss, we each just go off to discuss it someplace else.
Quote:
And some questions that I have:
1. How did everyone activate their final forms without Negi chanting or being there? Setsuna had wings without Negi! >_> (happening since Volume 9?)
Well, technically Setsuna had wings before her pactio with Negi. This is different from the new anime (where her pactio gives her the wings). In the original Negima, Setsuna is half human/half crow yokai (which is where her wings come from). Also, some aspects of their pactio do not require Negi to activate. Nodoka first receives the Diarium Ejus without Negi's knowledge or permission (which he can't give since he doesn't even know she's there). Negi has to be present only (I think) to channel magic into the partner. Actually I kind of vaguely remember Chamo saying at one point even that isn't necessary, but I could just be mis-remembering that.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:56   Link #1143
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

you are almost right ^^"

Chamo stated that the interaction between the Ministra and the Magister is only required for a temporary activation of the contract (aka channeling the magister's Magic into his/her minister for X secondes, depending the magister and minister state, and their bound, like you said.).

the minister card and its artifact don't require any magister assistance (they are available as asson as the paction has been made), but then, they can only rely on their own strength, skills and their own artifact.
as for nodoka's case, the "permission" would simply be the fact she received her Card from Kazumi.
Old 2007-02-25, 11:03   Link #1144
Garet Linegod

Does anyone here knows anything about what Akamatsu-sensei is planning after finishing ch.168? Will the second series begins right away or is he going to take a break?
Garet Linegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 14:03   Link #1145
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
PAnd some questions that I have:
1. How did everyone activate their final forms without Negi chanting or being there? Setsuna had wings without Negi! >_> (happening since Volume 9?)
Two parts have already been answered already in this thread:

1. The "activation without Negi" part was explained when Nodoka made her Pactio and received her Pactio card as a prize for winning the kissing contest. When a Pactio is made in the manga, TWO cards are made: one for Negi, the other for the Ministra Magi. With the Copy card, the Minsitra Magi can use it to telepathically communicate with Negi and summon their Pactio item without Negi being around (as seen when Nodoka tries to summon her Pactio item after overhearing Asuna and Chamo discussing the Pactio card).

2. The wings that Setsuna sports is due to the fact that in the manga, she is actually part bird demon.

As for the outfits that Negi's students wore during the battle with Chao:

Asuna, Nodoka, and Setsuna: Asuna and Nodoka's outfits were outfits that were wearing as part of the Mage/Science war that takes place during the third day of the School Festival, while Setsuna wears the same outfit that she wore during the Mahora Tournament. When they summon their Pactio items, they only receive their respective Pactio items.

Konoka: Konoka's outfit is also an outfit made with the Mage/Science war in mind. When she summons her Pactio item (which she doesn't during the battle), she receives an outfit similar to the ones that are usually worn by Kansai mages (this is shown when she and Nodoka show their Pactio items to Haruna during the Library Island tour).

Yue, Haruna, and Chisame: When they summon their Pactio items, they, like Konoka, gain an outfit as well as their item (witch's hat and cloak for Yue; artist cap and apron for Haruna, mahou shoujo outfit for Chisame).
Old 2007-02-25, 14:57   Link #1146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is starting to get almost as bad as the Marvel-verse (especially with Setsuna's backstory ).
Old 2007-03-04, 01:36   Link #1147
DaiDreamZ
Orange Lover

This week Chapter 168 Ended the First season of manga.....Next Week No new chapter....the following week will start Season 2.......

Spoiler for Chapter 168 last page:
DaiDreamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 12:39   Link #1148
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

As for what to expect in the "second" arc,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-20, 18:27   Link #1149
CanonRap
Jacta alea est

Sometimes I wonder how Nagi had a son like Negi when he goes around saying stuff like this:

Spoiler:

(Yay first post...!)
Old 2007-03-21, 12:22   Link #1150
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
Sometimes I wonder how Nagi had a son like Negi when he goes around saying stuff like this:

Spoiler:

(Yay first post...!)
Heh, I guess even in manga good looks go a long way. Additional minor to heavy personality deficits are part of the "I'm certain that I'm the one who can change him/her!" deal.

BTW I still wonder when Negi will get clued in on the fact that he might even have or has had a *gasp* mother? Was there even one line in the manga that Negi acknolwledges this possibility?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 23:03   Link #1151
CanonRap
Jacta alea est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
BTW I still wonder when Negi will get clued in on the fact that he might even have or has had a *gasp* mother? Was there even one line in the manga that Negi acknolwledges this possibility?
I don't think Negi has ever said anything about his mother - she's just sort of nonexistent right now. With all that stuff about Chao during the Festival arc, I wonder if time-travel will have anything to do with it, Terminator-style...
Old 2007-03-24, 14:14   Link #1152
CanonRap
Jacta alea est

I guess technically, Vol. 19 starts now with 170. And:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-24, 14:42   Link #1153
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-25, 13:07   Link #1154
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
I guess technically, Vol. 19 starts now with 170.
Actually, Vol. 19 started with chapter 169.
Old 2007-03-26, 14:55   Link #1155
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Wow the manga seems more interesting day by day.Negi´s mother ? Well,can it be Eva ? XD
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:23   Link #1156
Romendacil_II
Paranoid Individual

Man, the manga is great so far. Probably one of my favourites.
Romendacil_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 07:29   Link #1157
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The "lick my toes" stuff makes me think ... not. But it wouldn't be the first time that a manga character had a single parent with never a mention of the other required partner.
Old 2007-03-27, 15:35   Link #1158
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The "lick my toes" stuff makes me think ... not.
You've just made me go 'look' at a certain chapter, thanks for that. Best chapter ever.

Yeah, i've kinda had that feeling from time to time --- though i 'feel' it, no believing.
Old 2007-03-27, 17:18   Link #1159
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Maybe Negi is like a copie of Nagi that he made (reason not sure).....only more....well....little...n.n
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 17:30   Link #1160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You could argue that while his big sister is his "crib mom", Eva is his "spiritual mother" (come to the dark side, its fun .... no, don't drag me to the light -- argh). Whom his biological mother is seems to be irrelevant for the story - though Ken may pull it out of his hat at the end??
(shocker! Nagi is actually female!!! Negi was wrong all the time! Eva actually leans the other way! news at 11!)
eehhhhhhhhhhhh, Not.

Tags
action, fantasy