AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-06, 17:14   Link #461
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But you didn't read this in the manga, the one who expressed the will to change how the Hyuga is run was actually Naruto and not Neji.
Speaking of which, that's never been mentioned again (and I have the sneaking suspicion Kishimoto forgot he did it, like he forgot Anko)...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 17:16   Link #462
james0246

Quote:
As for Gaara, if you really believe that he passed from Mr. Sand Psycho to Mr. let's protect the village at the cost of my life by keeping the same goal and that Naruto merely showed him a different way to behave for the same thing I don't think anything I -or anyone- can say could change your view.
That is fine, I guess I simply was not as good a Devil's Advocate for this topic as I thought I would be. Oh well, better luck (for me) next time.

Here are some characters that I could never even come up with a half-way decent postualtion: Sai and Chiyo (could never come up with a single explanation for their behaviour); Konohamaru still makes no sense, but at least he is a kid so no one questions it (Inari is similiar as well); Hiashi, I do not know if he necessarily can be blamed on Naruto, but his change in behaviour was quite drastic for no conceivable reason; Sasuke was another big one, Naruto's words some how fool him but then don't fool him, whatever. I could go on, but it is pointless now.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-05-06 at 17:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 17:25   Link #463
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Speaking of which, that's never been mentioned again (and I have the sneaking suspicion Kishimoto forgot he did it, like he forgot Anko)...
Well it's just that the Hyuga aren't very important plotwise past Neji's old role as an arc sub-boss so we will only see something like a panel with happy Hyuga during the last chapter or something like that at best. I think it's possible we could see more about the will to change Konoha as a whole from Naruto when he will confront Sasuke and the "Konoha ordered the Uchiha slaughter" issue though.
Naruto already changed the Sand village even if indirectly after all.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 17:53   Link #464
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Well it's just that the Hyuga aren't very important plotwise past Neji's old role as an arc sub-boss so we will only see something like a panel with happy Hyuga during the last chapter or something like that at best. I think it's possible we could see more about the will to change Konoha as a whole from Naruto when he will confront Sasuke and the "Konoha ordered the Uchiha slaughter" issue though.
Naruto already changed the Sand village even if indirectly after all.
Yeah i think Naruto will be the one responsible for world peace.
Once he'll get promoted to Hokage probably all current (or future) Kages will be his best friends...and only rogue ninja like those of Akatsuki will be the enemy. I dont like the idea actually but...i can definetly see that happening.
Old 2008-05-06, 17:55   Link #465
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Once he'll get promoted to Hokage probably all current (or future) Kages will be his best friends...and only rogue ninja like those of Akatsuki will be the enemy. I dont like the idea actually but...i can definetly see that happening.
pein being friend with naruto...priceless
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 18:08   Link #466
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I want them to show the other kages and I hope theyre more impressive than the former kazekage, he looked like he got owned without giving Oro any trouble what so ever.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 18:19   Link #467
mrsticky005
Banned

man I can't wait till the chapter comes out...
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 18:44   Link #468
Khalilnaruske
Itachi and Pein Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
man I can't wait till the chapter comes out...
I second that.
Old 2008-05-06, 19:52   Link #469
mayhem

Quote:
Well it's just that the Hyuga aren't very important plotwise .
Who knows maybe kishi will write an arch describing how the uchiha and hyuga were created from the sage of six paths. It would be something which I would dearly like to learn and dont believe the manga could fullly be completed without doing so.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 20:14   Link #470
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
I want them to show the other kages and I hope theyre more impressive than the former kazekage, he looked like he got owned without giving Oro any trouble what so ever.
This. Kishimoto's history with non-Konoha ninja is poor at best, and embarassing at worst.

Quote:
Well it's just that the Hyuga aren't very important plotwise
Which is frustrating in itself (especially when Hinata's done virtually nothing, despite being in this arc).

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:01   Link #471
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
Did we know anything about this fight ? As far as I remember, the part where Oro finishes him while Kabuto and Kimmimaro are around (and Kimi starts coughing blood) is anime filler. (which didn't make much sense because it meant Kimi would have gone from his first cough to agonizing in his bed in not even 2 months)

Sure Oro didn't sustain any major damage in this fight, but he could have struggled more than what it seemed in the anime or even used help.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 23:51   Link #472
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The only way I can see the Hyuga ever having any relevance plotwise again is if Kishi does a Naruto and Hinata romance. Like Hunter said, post-Neji conversion they have had little relevance in the manga and will be lucky to get a wrapup panel at the end.

Although it would be really nice if Kishi gives background on all the clans if he's going to go through Konoha's history in the next few chapters. I am curious how he will explain the history of the Hyuga in relation to the Uchiha and Senju. And other little things like if Sakura's or Kakashi's family have any connections to these founding clans and how the Nara ended up with all that land in the forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Which is frustrating in itself (especially when Hinata's done virtually nothing, despite being in this arc).
She's been useful with the byakugan. But this clearly hasn't been the arc Hinata fans were hoping for. She's behind Shino cause at least he got a cover, and got to look important for about 15 seconds, but ahead of Kiba who has become a joke character. I can't believe Team 8 has been in the manga a whole year now. May 07 to May 08.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 00:51   Link #473
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
She's been useful with the byakugan. But this clearly hasn't been the arc Hinata fans were hoping for. She's behind Shino cause at least he got a cover, and got to look important for about 15 seconds, but ahead of Kiba who has become a joke character. I can't believe Team 8 has been in the manga a whole year now. May 07 to May 08.
We Hinata fans would prefer her to be as strong as she's supposed to be, especially after her training. After all the overwhelming amount of Uchiha in the latest chapters, I was kinda hoping that the Hyuuga underdog would get some time in the limelight. But I guess not...
Old 2008-05-07, 01:35   Link #474
nine_tailed_kyuubi

I believe that Kishi didn't make all these clans for just expanding the show, eventually each clan has its own goal and the Hyuuga must have a big role later on + Kishi didn't forget about anko she has the CS, if he didn't want to focus on her she would have been just a normal subordinate whom Orochimaru threw away , she has the CS we might later see her doing something.

Also I would like to see flashbacks with Itachi in Konoha meeting everyone like Sandaime and Yondaime. He must have known all the people in Konoha, see Orochimaru in Konoha with Itachi with everyone normally before anything , also wanna see the invitation for Itachi to join Akatsuke . Orochimaru is ambitious but he was always serving the village , wanna know the day where he decided to not care about anyone and kill whoever it takes to reach his goals. All the hokages' abilities have been demonstrated and all the hokages did something we know about except the Second Hokage they don't mention anything about him and he is from the senjuu as well .

Wonder when Naruto will ask about his parents, or maybe he already knows from Jiraya but never talked about it. Wanna see all the Kages in action from all the villages , also i think Uchiha evolved from Hyuuga so Hyuuga will have something to do at the end if that is true.

P.S Hunter I know it is early but spoilers started to appear for the new chapter on other forums, when will you create a thread ?
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 04:23   Link #475
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
All the hokages' abilities have been demonstrated and all the hokages did something we know about except the Second Hokage they don't mention anything about him and he is from the senjuu as well .
I think the Nidaime was supposed to have set-up Konoha's administration, and established the link between Konoha and the other villages.
Old 2008-05-07, 04:51   Link #476
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
I think the Nidaime was supposed to have set-up Konoha's administration, and established the link between Konoha and the other villages.
apparently he also set up the ninja academies.
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 08:09   Link #477
Last of the Uchihas

lol, the Uchihas are dogs, but the Senjus are dog food.
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 10:32   Link #478
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Why does this story remind me of the movie: Underworld (Vampires/Senju vs Werewolves/Uchiha?.Victor/Harashima [1st] vs Lucian/Madara)
Old 2008-05-07, 12:06   Link #479
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchihas View Post
lol, the Uchihas are dogs, but the Senjus are dog food.
No, the Senjuu are the kennels you put those manjy mutts the Uchiha's in when they are not cute anymore .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 10:39   Link #480
mrsticky005
Banned

With all these half-truths going around it sure is going to be hard for Sasuke to trust anyone.
So far there really hasn't been anyone who has told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Everyone has added their little white lie to the story but also at the same time everyone is telling something that IS true. So Sasuke will have to deduce and figure out what's the real truth.

Itachi's lies: He wanted to steal Sasuke's eyes. He wanted to kill Sasuke. He wanted to capture the nine tail.
Itachi's truths: Madara was his teacher and accomplice. Madara DID use the nine tail against Konoha. Madara's brother did NOT give up his eyes willingly. Madara started Akatsuki
Itachi's maybes: Killing of Shisui. (or just as important the matter in which Shisui was killed.)
and the fact you have to kill your best friend to obtain "the eyes".

Madara's lies: Nine tail was a natural diaster, his brother gave up his eyes.
Madara's truths: Itachi was ordered by Konoha to kill the clan.
Madara's maybes: the real deal behind the Uchiha Coup d'tat (whatever how you spell that.)
I get the feeling that the Uchiha DID try to take over Konoha but who was pulling the strings behind that?

Konoha's lies/misunderstandings: Madara is dead. Omitting the fact that Itachi was ordered to kill the clan
Konoha's truths: ....
Konoha's maybes: ....
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote