AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 22:29   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
well coby and Helmeppo should be a given as they work directly under garp... Sentoumaru is another question though, he was working under Kizaru, be he belongs to the science division; though i'd be willing to bet he will be there with a few cyborgs

There's also the fact that he's Vegapunk's bodyguard, but I still have the feeling that he isn't the good doctor's only bodyguard. Therefore, there's still a good chance that we'll see Sentoumaru in the war, as well. After all, we've yet to see him use his axe.....

Quote:
one thing i kinda wonder...
why does John Giant get the fanciest coat... no really, his coat is even better than sen goku and the admirals... though sen goku does have the better hat(seagull hat!); though John Giant's is a good second

Maybe it's due to his size, or perhaps seniority? I dunno. He looks awesome, though. Can't wait to see him in action, nonetheless.

And speaking of VAs, we still haven't seen the rest of the Buster Call VAs reappear either (Doberman, Onigumo, Yamakaji, and Strawberry). Maybe they will appear at the islands that the other Straw-Hats landed on, as I once speculated...?
Old 2008-11-28, 22:34   Link #82
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
well actually, we didn't get much in terms of character appearances before this... before this, we only got a shot of Sen Goku when he heard about Whitebeard's movements, and Garp meeting with Ace; and a silhouette of Jinbei... and those were more for the sake of story not character appearances... other than that, we haven't really seen much of the marines that were arriving for battle, or a even a shot of any of the shichibukai
We've seen all these character before, there apprerances is nothing new.
Lets skip the bull and get down to the facts [IE Battle plans]

Quote:
actually that was mostly a reaction to "Boa is just giving Luffy a ride" and that Oda had "ruined her character"... however, quirks like what we are seeing out of Boa are a common element in one piece. it's the thing that makes the characters , heroes and villians alike so damn likable... the series is more entertaining that way

i mean, take Kizaru for instance... which is better, the way he is now, or as somekind of stoic, super serious, doesn't take a joke, baddass? i wouldn't trade Kizaru for anyone else

right now, the main purpose of boa's panels was to be downright hilarious... from the marines getting pushed around, to her lovefilled daydreaming, to the marines utter shock over Boa's "appetite"

y'know, if the marines are gonna complain about the lack of food, well... Boa might have a solution for them... afterall, stoen statue's don't need to eat much

"feel free to die, i care not"
"she's the worst!! but... so beautiful!?"
Boa's character is jacked up with this annoying crush for a kid who is a few cans short of a six pack.
Her character at the moment is annoying
Hopefully she steps up and snaps out of this thing soon
Old 2008-11-28, 23:13   Link #83
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

i really like the part when Boa exit her room saying wat the marine dun expect her to say and all the marines hair turn into mohawk hairstyle. really funny tt part

who do u think is the giant marine officer beside kizaru and aokiji? one would expect tt panel to be filled by akainu but i think it can't be him since i think akainu can't be a giant.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:34   Link #84
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
who do u think is the giant marine officer beside kizaru and aokiji? one would expect tt panel to be filled by akainu but i think it can't be him since i think akainu can't be a giant.

It's already been pointed out (more than once at that) that he's John Giant, a marine vice-admiral. He was first shown at the end of the Arlong arc and was briefly shown during the Enies Lobby arc when the Buster Call was summoned. This is the first time we saw how giant he really is, though....
Old 2008-11-29, 00:06   Link #85
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Spoiler for PRICELESS:

Who is the fat dude with two swords in the first clip at Marinford? He's the only other human I have seen use more than one sword other than Zoro and his zombie. (Is that actually T-Bone in the back of the same frame? Why would Oda bother to draw him in?)

Does anyone know what Shikkearu means in english? (used in section with Zoro's landing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
Also, notice that Jango and Fullbody are with Hina.
When did Jango get conscripted as a marine (did I severly miss this)

And with yet another example of giantism, are we ever going to get an explanation for the so-call "disease"?
Old 2008-11-29, 00:33   Link #86
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post

Didn't pay attention to the ministories, eh?

It's funny how many people tend to overlook the ministories, because most of them tend to tie into the main plot somehow (Hachi's ministory is the most recent example). I mean c'mon, Hina and even Garp made their first appearances in the ministories, people!

And for the record:

^That's when we first see John Giant, the huge guy. Furthermore....

^Here's Comil in the Ace ministory. Again, these characters are not new.
Old 2008-11-29, 01:10   Link #87
james0246

One of my pet theories quite awhile ago, was that Comil would do something to help Ace. I strongly doubt this would actually happen, but I though it would be funny if Comil would repay for the milk by releasing Ace .
Old 2008-11-29, 02:09   Link #88
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It would not surprise me if Oda try to surprise us by make Boa turn out to be one of the strongest Shichibukai (maybe not the strongest, but would awefully strong)

Why? Her power was hidden all these time (like 10+ chapters and we haven't seen her in action yet). She was portrayed so far as a weakling with low bounty, and her sisters are weak (comparing to their position in a Shichibukai's crew). She also have "mastered" King Haki, which most likely is Luffy's only ace; and despite her "twisted personalities",Kuma still entrust Luffy to her to help him master his skill.

Anyway, it's just a prediction, let's the future ch shows us.
Old 2008-11-29, 02:23   Link #89
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
We've seen all these character before, there apprerances is nothing new.
Lets skip the bull and get down to the facts [IE Battle plans]

Boa's character is jacked up with this annoying crush for a kid who is a few cans short of a six pack.
Her character at the moment is annoying
Hopefully she steps up and snaps out of this thing soon
If this build up is boring you, I have no idea how you managed to endure One Piece till now.

To the rest of us, this current chain of events building up, is one of the most epic moments that has ever happened in One Piece.

And Hancock's personality only becomes more amazing to us every chapter.

One Piece is not just about the battles, it has more on character and character relationships than battling. Why did Luffy fight so hard all the time? Because he was fighting for the sake of others, it was for people he cared for.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-29, 02:42   Link #90
viperx116

Why are the Shichibukai in Mariejoa? I thought that place was for the royalty type characters.
Old 2008-11-29, 03:01   Link #91
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
I think they actually said that they were the "Royal Shichibukai" but I could be mistaken.
Old 2008-11-29, 03:11   Link #92
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
I think they actually said that they were the "Royal Shichibukai" but I could be mistaken.
You are correct.

The full title is called: "Ouka Shichibukai"

Ouka: Under the King.
Shichibukai: Seven Warriors of the Sea.

Meaning "Royal Seven Warriors of the Sea"

The serve directly under Royalty of Mariejoa, so they are above Marines, which is why Marines can only obey them, can't command them but can request for them.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-29, 04:22   Link #93
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Didn't pay attention to the ministories, eh?

It's funny how many people tend to overlook the ministories, because most of them tend to tie into the main plot somehow (Hachi's ministory is the most recent example). I mean c'mon, Hina and even Garp made their first appearances in the ministories, people!

And for the record:

^That's when we first see John Giant, the huge guy. Furthermore....

^Here's Comil in the Ace ministory. Again, these characters are not new.
oooo yeah I remember seeing him now. What chapter is that?

I started to read the ministories but yeah lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It would not surprise me if Oda try to surprise us by make Boa turn out to be one of the strongest Shichibukai (maybe not the strongest, but would awefully strong)

Why? Her power was hidden all these time (like 10+ chapters and we haven't seen her in action yet). She was portrayed so far as a weakling with low bounty, and her sisters are weak (comparing to their position in a Shichibukai's crew). She also have "mastered" King Haki, which most likely is Luffy's only ace; and despite her "twisted personalities",Kuma still entrust Luffy to her to help him master his skill.

Anyway, it's just a prediction, let's the future ch shows us.
Well I don't think Sengoku was exaggerating when he said Hancock was strong

And I guess only 2 of the Shchibukai are regular human size. The rest are oversized lol. THink Doflamingo is too but just has an oversized coat.
Old 2008-11-29, 05:55   Link #94
Bordix

Quote:
Brook: Excuse me, may I by any chance see your panties?

Cultist 1: He wants panties!

Cultist 2: Hurry, show him the panties he desires!!
LMAO . I loved that part.

I can't w8 to see the "rulers of the sea" engaging WG
Old 2008-11-29, 10:02   Link #95
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post
As said, it was in a ministory. But he already appeared as a marine at the end of the Arabasta arc (when the SH were trying to make their getaway after having recovered).
Old 2008-11-29, 11:53   Link #96
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
One of my pet theories quite awhile ago, was that Comil would do something to help Ace. I strongly doubt this would actually happen, but I though it would be funny if Comil would repay for the milk by releasing Ace .

Heh, Comil helping Ace out would be awesome. After all, Ace didn't just rescue him from the tyranny of bitter coffee, but he even saved one of his men and some top-secret info from that burning ship. Maybe we'll see Comil at Impel Down.... maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
oooo yeah I remember seeing him now. What chapter is that?

I started to read the ministories but yeah lol.

Ace's ministory starts during the Skypiea arc, at chapter 272 or 273, I believe. It's hilarious (I love how that pissed chef is chasing him around during the beginning of the story ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
As said, it was in a ministory. But he already appeared as a marine at the end of the Arabasta arc (when the SH were trying to make their getaway after having recovered).

The funny thing is, Jango reappears with Fullbody in Alabasta not long after his ministory ended in the manga. It's really too bad that the anime didn't explain how he became a marine because I'm sure it would confuse a lot of people who didn't read the manga beforehand. I'm still afraid that we'll get a similar situation with Hachi when he reappears in the anime.....
Old 2008-11-29, 12:44   Link #97
Captain Roronoa Zoro

Does any1 else see how this is fair... i mean if its just whitebeard and his crew versus 6shibukai, 3 admirals, smoker, hina, tashigi, and all those vice admirals....those dont seem to be good odds unless im doubting white beard and his crews strength which is just WB, marco, and the big guy as the main force
Old 2008-11-29, 13:09   Link #98
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
Does any1 else see how this is fair... i mean if its just whitebeard and his crew versus 6shibukai, 3 admirals, smoker, hina, tashigi, and all those vice admirals....those dont seem to be good odds unless im doubting white beard and his crews strength which is just WB, marco, and the big guy as the main force
Judging by Garp's words to Ace (at the end of this chapter) as well as Sengoku's general unease concerning the situation, it is the Marines and WG that seem scared of Whitebeard, not the other way around.
Old 2008-11-29, 13:19   Link #99
marvelB

^And it's easy to understand why they're nervous, too. Whitebeard has a large, powerful crew that's 1600 men strong (and 16 of those guys are division commanders. We've only seen four of them so far). Plus, add in the fact that other pirate crews from the New World may join Whitebeard (like any of the other Yonkou aside from Shanks, for instance), and you can see why the marines are so tense right now....
Old 2008-11-29, 14:10   Link #100
seiji_kun

Well it seems to be going to be a fierce war and I think it's normal Sengoku is cautious and uneased when he's at war with what is considered the strongest pirate force and they have to fight together with a bunch of pirates that they can't even really trust (shichibukai). Garp seems just more hyping with giving him yet an other title. He knows they are in for a though fight. Though when you see the line ups I agree with Zoro. Whitebeard is only shown with his first commander and second while on the other side we get to see some of the strongest chars we've seen so far in OP. If those shichibukai all obey nicely I just can't see WB do much even if you throw me those numbers of the databooks. Just like the back up, what are pirates that we never saw before really going to do? We only saw Shanks from the New World besides Whitebeard and I don't think he'll come to help for several reasons.