AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 05:25   Link #1441
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
I don't know about you, but I REALLY disagree Mikono being together with Kagura! It really upsets me. I find that Mikono and Amata is the best couple there. I don't want Kagura to go interfere with their relationship.
It would be a lot better if the writting staff could stop trolling them every damn episode.

It's always the same. Misunderstanding (not even much of Mikono's fault), Mikono is angry, poor Amata is miserable about it. Rince and repeat.

I hope the writting staff doesn't think it's actually cute. My heart is crushed everytime I see Amata's dejected face.

I'm not even speaking of the time they were trolled in the NTR way.

I'm pretty sure they could develop a very sweet relationship (with no Amata's abuse) if only the writting staff could leave them alone.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 05:31   Link #1442
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It would be a lot better if the writting staff could stop trolling them every damn episode.

It's always the same. Misunderstanding (not even much of Mikono's fault), Mikono is angry, poor Amata is miserable about it. Rince and repeat.

I hope the writting staff doesn't think it's actually cute. My heart is crushed everytime I see Amata's dejected face.

I'm not even speaking of the time they were trolled in the NTR way.

I'm pretty sure they could develop a very sweet relationship (with no Amata's abuse) if only the writting staff could leave them alone.
I agree as well. The way the staff wrote the storyline so far only shows that Mikono is jealous of Zessica or other girls. That shows how low Mikono can get which crushes me as well. The way Zessica is flirting with Amata is great but I don't want it to affect Mikono's judgement of Amata and start going out with Kagura!
Old 2012-02-15, 05:44   Link #1443
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I REALLY disagree Mikono being together with Kagura! It really upsets me. I find that Mikono and Amata is the best couple there. I don't want Kagura to go interfere with their relationship.
And most of the Japanese fans are agreeing with you based on the number of Amata/Mikono fanart as opposed to the Amata/Zessica and Kagura/Mikono. They have the most fanart so far (as a couple).
Old 2012-02-15, 05:47   Link #1444
Zuul

Quote:
I agree as well. The way the staff wrote the storyline so far only shows that Mikono is jealous of Zessica or other girls. That shows how low Mikono can get which crushes me as well. The way Zessica is flirting with Amata is great but I don't want it to affect Mikono's judgement of Amata and start going out with Kagura!
It's not Mikono being low. I don't think being angry because some woman is flirting with him and arousing him in front of her eyes is bad. It's normal.

Fanboys would rage if it was Kagura constantly flirting with Mikono, licking her and getting her all flustered and they wouldn't call Amata low for getting angry because of it.

Sexist double standards.

It's really the plot that is trolling them.

Though I'll admit that ep 7 shows us that Mikono as a pretty fucked conception of what a romantic encounter looks like. But that actually makes me laugh even if it had yet again Amata being miserable as a consequence.
Old 2012-02-15, 06:31   Link #1445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Technically it's every two episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
And most of the Japanese fans are agreeing with you based on the number of Amata/Mikono fanart as opposed to the Amata/Zessica and Kagura/Mikono. They have the most fanart so far (as a couple).
That's not exactly true- there's more Zessica fanart yes, but not as a couple with Amata.

Quote:
It's not Mikono being low. I don't think being angry because some woman is flirting with him and arousing him in front of her eyes is bad. It's normal.
My theory is that on some subconscious-level, this affects all the male viewers negatively because the one thing that guys hate the most is girls misunderstanding and giving them cold shoulders At least with physical violence you're still 'communicating' That's why people make a big deal out of it.

Can we just label her as a tsundere so that this becomes less of a deal ? Hell, I could even throw in "At least she didn't hit him" as an argument.

Quote:
Though I'll admit that ep 7 shows us that Mikono as a pretty fucked conception of what a romantic encounter looks like. But that actually makes me laugh even if it had yet again Amata being miserable as a consequence.

I guess it was dark
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 06:34   Link #1446
Katapan
俺様祭り

First day for the OP/ED single: #3 with 7,096 copies sold - basically, it's doing great. I think it'll end up around #4 in the weekly rankings. (I can't really see AKINO outselling FMB in the long run...)

On another note, the details for the first BD/DVD have been updated on the official website. The Kurahana Chinatsu illustrations are as great as expected... but the box. Ugh, the box. :/
Old 2012-02-15, 06:40   Link #1447
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
The Kurahana Chinatsu illustrations are as great as expected... but the box. Ugh, the box. :/
I never expected much from it when I saw that it was illustrated by the mecha designer anyway...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 06:40   Link #1448
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I guess it was dark
It could be an explanation.
Old 2012-02-15, 07:00   Link #1449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

First day for the OP/ED single: #3 with 7,096 copies sold - basically, it's doing great. I think it'll end up around #4 in the weekly rankings. (I can't really see AKINO outselling FMB in the long run...)
After listening to the full version of [Kimi no Shinwa ~Aquarion Dai Ni-shou] and seeing it in action in the recent episode, I'm seriously starting to think that this new song can give the original a run for it's money.
Old 2012-02-15, 07:00   Link #1450
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Well I do prefer Amata and Mikono pair than Kagura and Mikono, but the pair I really want to see in the upcoming episodes is somehow Andy and Mix. I guess based on the episode summary posted week ago, we'll get it on eps 9 :3

Quote:

On another note, the details for the first BD/DVD have been updated on the official website. The Kurahana Chinatsu illustrations are as great as expected... but the box. Ugh, the box. :/
Awesome
I'm still hoping Sousei no Aquarion will be (re)used on later episode. Not for the opening, but maybe for insert song or even ending song for final episode

EVOL close-up face is the box cover? Well as mecha fan I'm not complaining XD
Old 2012-02-15, 07:07   Link #1451
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
That's not exactly true- there's more Zessica fanart yes, but not as a couple with Amata.
I meant as a couple, that's why I also put it in "(...)."
Old 2012-02-15, 07:08   Link #1452
Zuul

I prefer KaguraxMikono at that point. I don't dislike AmataxMikono, it's very cute when you disregard the misunderstanding moments (blushing Amata is especially adorable), but :

1) AmataxMikono is trolled too much.

2) Kagura is my fav character, so he'd better get what he longs for so much. He's been going though too much crap. He deserves his reward.

3) Kagura's extremelly creepy stalker courtship is a lot more interesting than the very normal AmataxMikono.

4) For once, in a fiction, as a villaintard, I want to see the antagonist stealing the protagonist girl for real and definitely.

5) It's a whole lot more sexy.

6) Seriously, with Amata flying problem they are never going to go further as holding hands.
Old 2012-02-15, 07:16   Link #1453
Shikijin

Quote:
The Kurahana Chinatsu illustrations are as great as expected... but the box. Ugh, the box. :/
I see nothing wrong with the box And even the previous box had Aquarion on it.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 07:29   Link #1454
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I see nothing wrong with the box And even the previous box had Aquarion on it.
But, but... when you have such an awesome character design at hand, you should feature the whole cast wherever you can! Yeah, it makes sense for the series to see this sort of box, I should have seen it coming -- the mechas themselves just don't do anything for me, but you've gotta please both camps.
Old 2012-02-15, 07:32   Link #1455
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I meant as a couple, that's why I also put it in "(...)."
Wait what? Isn't that what I just said

Also, if we go by the number of fanarts, then the popular pairing is Zessica/Penis

Quote:
I prefer KaguraxMikono at that point. I don't dislike AmataxMikono, it's very cute when you disregard the misunderstanding moments (blushing Amata is especially adorable), but :

1) AmataxMikono is trolled too much.

2) Kagura is my fav character, so he'd better get what he longs for so much. He's been going though too much crap. He deserves his reward.

3) Kagura's extremelly creepy stalker courtship is a lot more interesting than the very normal AmataxMikono.

4) For once, in a fiction, as a villaintard, I want to see the antagonist stealing the protagonist girl for real and definitely.

5) It's a whole lot more sexy.

6) Seriously, with Amata flying problem they are never going to go further as holding hands.

My problem with Kagura at this point is that so far, he's still no more than a good looking King Kong to me

You know, trash the city, scale the tower, swipe at the planes (Vector), single-mindedly chasing Naomi Watts?

And sure, Naomi Watts cares about King Kong even though she's scare of him but still can't get him off her mind, but she's not going to marry him when she can have Adrien Brody... >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-15 at 07:46.
Old 2012-02-15, 08:28   Link #1456
Zuul

Quote:

My problem with Kagura at this point is that so far, he's still no more than a good looking King Kong to me

You know, trash the city, scale the tower, swipe at the planes (Vector), single-mindedly chasing Naomi Watts?

And sure, Naomi Watts cares about King Kong even though she's scare of him but still can't get him off her mind, but she's not going to marry him when she can have Adrien Brody... >.>
Well Kagura is human, king kong was not. And there were also the size issue.

It's all a matter of personnal taste.
Old 2012-02-15, 08:49   Link #1457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Lets just leave it as that then
Old 2012-02-15, 09:24   Link #1458
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

King Kong was awseome though and could kick some ass, I wonder when the writers will actually bother to make Kagura do the same.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:24   Link #1459
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I never expected much from it when I saw that it was illustrated by the mecha designer anyway...
The ED picture of Aquarion would have been much better... wasted opportunity. In fact, they should have just made the ED pictures into the covers of the boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
King Kong was awseome though and could kick some ass, I wonder when the writers will actually bother to make Kagura do the same.
He's going to get his hands on Mikono at some point... so at some point?
Old 2012-02-15, 09:54   Link #1460
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's interesting that some complaints over the Mikono/Amata/Zessica love triangle are become a bit louder now, because for me, this is the episode where that love triangle feels like a serious one and not just a "Ha ha, isn't it funny how Zessica is trolling Mikono?" one.

Episode 7 has made it crystal clear that Zessica is seriously interested in Amata. And it's actually pretty cute and endearing how she shows that in this episode. I honestly like the semi-comedic chemistry between Zessica and Amata. I think they make a good pair.

Now, I'm still fine with Amata/Mikono, but if we get Amata/Zessica now, I wouldn't be too bothered by it (not that I expect that mind you, Mikono still has the biggest advantage of all for anime girls - Being the first one that the male lead shows romantic interest in on-screen).

So on the romance drama and romantic comedy side of things, I'm really liking how Aquarion EVOL is going so far.

Now, on the mecha action side of things, Aquarion EVOL is starting to settle into a big of a formulaic pattern after a few episodes of genuinely unpredictable and zany fights.

The pattern of Amata-Zessica-"Showcased Classmate of the Day" vs. Jin or Kagura piloting a mech is becoming pretty obvious now. Andy or Cayenne may get some time in the two "locked down" spots as well, but it'll usually be Amata-Zessica occupying them, with the third spot being open to whichever secondary character is given their 15 minutes of fame.

The mech fights are still very fun to watch, but with this holding pattern settling in, it'll probably be awhile before anything truly surprising happens on the mecha action side of things.

8/10
for Episode 7.

Tags
comedy, science fiction