AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 11:41   Link #2001
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Probably has something to do with her Adult Form most likely. Remember that Einhalt saw the memories of er... I don't remember the name, BUT, it looks like Vivio's starting to have the same reaction as well.
So Miura punched her so hard, it reversed her amnesia?

Narf.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:48   Link #2002
Key Board
Carbon

maybe going into adult form too often is finally taking a toll on her body

What's she's doing each time is she's forcibly rearranging her physical structure and making it go into overclock in order to have a form that brings out more power

surely nothing wrong can come from that!!
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:49   Link #2003
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

What's she's doing each time is she's forcibly rearranging her physical structure and making it go into overclock in order to have a form that brings out more power

Like mother, like daughter.

Cheers.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:52   Link #2004
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Like mother, like daughter.

Cheers.
That's probably the problem

The whole reason why Nanoha is on hiatus from job during Vivid is because events of StrikerS broke her body from going above limit.

but Vivio's body can't take that much punishment. If you take Deed and Octo's words at face value, her body isn't built for the kind of full frontal combat
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:02   Link #2005
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Clone degradation would be stupid, though. Why is it only happening now? Why are Fate and the Numbers just fine?
It's not like clone degradation isn't an arbitrary thing already.

And I thought most of the Numbers were orphans like Subaru? Quattro and Uno were clones, I know that.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:06   Link #2006
Kuze

So I guess then this recent picture from Yukari Higa makes a bit more sense.

Feelz bad man.

Quote:
And I thought most of the Numbers were orphans like Subaru? Quattro and Uno were clones, I know that.
If I remember right, they were mostly tube babies. Fate, Erio, and Vivio are cloned, yes.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:25   Link #2007
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The Numbers are either cloned wholesale or concieved in test tubes.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:10   Link #2008
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Dunno, forcibly rearranging your entire anatomy to be like a ferret's with human intelligence and magical power sounds more dangerous to me.

I mean, it could be, but why would miss I'm-not-even-letting-my-child-have-her-own-device-untill-she's-ready Nanoha let Vivio use such dangerous magic? Kind of a conflicting plotline there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It's not like clone degradation isn't an arbitrary thing already.

Nope, all of them were clones, or at least genetically engineered and born in a test-tube. Nove was based on Quint, for example.

That's the entire thing that made Jail's work so unethical. The human body has to be genetically altered before birth in order for the body to actually be able to handle the technological upgrades.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 13:17   Link #2009
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
but Vivio's body can't take that much punishment. If you take Deed and Octo's words at face value, her body isn't built for the kind of full frontal combat
And Sis Shanti's (I hope I didn't spell it wrong)

Most likely reason why Vivio lost.

Plus Adult Transformation strain.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:18   Link #2010
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And unlike Zest, Vivio was created during a time after the cloning process was perfected physically. And as of Force, we know she'll still be alive, so whatever the problem Vivio has is, it can't be too life-threatening or impossible to overcome.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:43   Link #2011
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And as of Force, we know she'll still be alive, so whatever the problem Vivio has is, it can't be too life-threatening or impossible to overcome.
Yup, FORCE 20 already spoilered to us that Vivio will get out of this just fine as she even was about to join Signum and Tohma's sparring match. Seems that no consequences will last because of this.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 13:48   Link #2012
Justin_Brett

Well it's not like they could go into detail about what it was there, since that would spoil the whole thing ahead of time.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:45   Link #2013
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Anyone who thought Vivio would suffer lasting consequences because of this is a complete moron anyways.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:49   Link #2014
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I didn't xD oh nvm I did xD
Old 2012-04-01, 09:09   Link #2015
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's the entire thing that made Jail's work so unethical. The human body has to be genetically altered before birth in order for the body to actually be able to handle the technological upgrades.
Minor clarification, but an adult can have cybernetic implants, it's just that there are some issues with rejection and stuff. They made it sound like you had to take heavy medication, at least with implants that are stronger than what a normal piece of your body would be. It almost sounds like implants that are the same, or weaker, are generally not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And as of Force, we know she'll still be alive, so whatever the problem Vivio has is, it can't be too life-threatening or impossible to overcome.
Fine, yes. But if the issue is that she is taking a lot of damage in her adult transformation form, that could be the issue. She's okay, it's just that she either can't use it anymore, or only in emergency circumstances.

The only other possible option, is that Vivio has been trying to draw up her Saint's Armor (hence why she easily blocked Miura's blows before), but ever since the Cradle, that part of her is kind of damaged and thus it harms her body to try and bring it up.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the latter, because I still feel like they plan to address that part of her eventually.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:21   Link #2016
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I believe the stated case for technological replacements and such in adults is that the body can handle something that's as good as the original--stuff that's better, like what the Numbers have, is something that requires the genetic modification.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:43   Link #2017
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Victoria reminds me of a character from some other series, but I can't think of who. Is there anyone else who comes to mind?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 12:03   Link #2018
Justin_Brett

Probably a lot of them; you could throw a dart and hit one of those OHOHOHO noblewoman types.
Old 2012-04-02, 18:05   Link #2019
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
The correct term is... and forgive me for posting a link to the hated site, but... Ojou-sama.

Edit: Although that's a more inclusive term, as there are some subcategories listed.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 19:10   Link #2020
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Yeah, that's the archetype, but the design in particular seems familiar.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid