AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 08:45   Link #801
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I was actually kinda anticipating Akeno to defeat the 3 idiots but turns out it was Rias who dealt the blow :3 oh well.

I spy a
Spoiler for PREVIEW of Next EP:
Spoiler for preview:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 09:31   Link #802
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I agree w/ you; I think it was good how he didn't get rid of Yuma himself. I felt his sadness too when he refused to get rid of Yuma.

I hear what you're saying, but I still don't like the concept of his promotion in enemy territory. My issue w/ it is that if he's ever alone, he can't utilize his full battle skills since Risa ultimately controls those. Sure, he has his sacred gear which is one of the best ones, but still... I feel as if he's fighting w/ a handicap compared to the rest of his team. I do agree w/ you in terms of getting strong mentally. That will ultimately help him control his sacred gear better and become more skilled in various battle scenarios.
same too got feeling seeing yuma human form really issei got mix feeling a bit give just could not pull "kill trigger" cause of past he used to had & one mistake all together.

really just like i don't want it anymore so yea let risa rid of the past.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 09:43   Link #803
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler for preview:
I don't mind fillers

So long as there's

Well you get the point.

Just kiddin
Old 2012-02-04, 11:46   Link #804
tsunade666

I don't think they have time for fillers or even wished for a filler. They showed character up to vol 3 so I'm not sure on what end they will be on but the way they express that enemy in the op that much give me a sign of him being a final boss of the season even though his from vol 2. And a little editing of the order of when it happen won't be much of a problem as long as they don't ruin it.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:37   Link #805
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I was actually kinda anticipating Akeno to defeat the 3 idiots but turns out it was Rias who dealt the blow :3 oh well.
It seemed to me Rias and Akeno were just drawing their attention away from Issei and co. Akeno didn't even seem to fight back. All she did was put up barriers.

Of course, all of that changed when Rias got pissed off.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:47   Link #806
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Would I say that the conclusion to this arc felt very epic and more so than the LOTR:The Return of the King? Heck, why not!!

Issei's performance in this episode was epic manly no matter how much of a foolhard idiot he is he never limped due to the damage he took from Reinalle.

Reinalle, on the other hand, behave splendidly as the evil, two-faced, bitch that she was all along, and since Issei clashed again against her I was rooting for a long-time enmity between them like those featured in shounen shows. Though I got my wish granted, it's unfortunate to learn that Reynalle no longer will be in this show.
Spoiler:

As for Rias, I'm glad she's the manipulative type that cares deeply for their servant's growth to plan ahead for situations where their servants will have free rein to make their own choices, so as to properly refine and polish their skills.
Spoiler:

Also, the episode made us clear that no one makes fun of Rias' servants and going away scot-free without paying up the consequences; those Fallen Angels picked-up the wrong Devil Red King to tease.
Spoiler:

But, at the end of Reynalle's aftermath, Rias took a bet that went successful...
Spoiler:

So, the old Issei is back to his pervness, but he at least managed to grow considerably if only was in both abilities and with his friends. The first story arc is over, but I'm looking forward as to what the rest of the show has to offer.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:56   Link #807
ookamigirl

Issei managed to save Asia, but a bit too late for her.
Kiba & Koneko sure make a nice cover team when in a pinch.
Reinare is one scary, annoying bitch.
Issei in berserk mode was awesome to watch!
Guess all is well that ends well. Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:02   Link #808
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I watched this episode 3 times, mostly because of Issei's performance. I like Issei's character because unlike a lot of generic harem lead they're giving us these days (some of them are queer or just jerks), he's a fun loving, affectionate, PURE, silly idiot. And not many go into rage mode like he does.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:10   Link #809
Hyack

well, I like this anime becasue the good story and the nice design and some few other stuff. Totally enjoyed watching every episode and waiting every week for a new one.

But I got a friend ( called Shiso) and he refuse to watch it, he saw a lot of anime and I keep convincing him that this Anime is quite good.
He watched episode 1 and keep saying that it is hentai and those stuff and he refuse to watch it anymore. Well, do he is obviously wrong in my opinion and how about you guys, does this anime has a good story line or does it only about hentai?
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:17   Link #810
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I watched this episode 3 times, mostly because of Issei's performance. I like Issei's character because unlike a lot of generic harem lead they're giving us these days (some of them are queer or just jerks), he's a fun loving, affectionate, PURE, silly idiot. And not many go into rage mode like he does.
I'm not kidding, when Asia and Issei were talking about going to school, going to karaoke, picking more flowers I felt incredibly emotional and I was about to cry as well.. I completely understand how Issei feels since he knows that he is her first friend; a lovely caring one as well. I don't really care whether he is perverted or not or wants to be a harem king.. Seeing this episode proves to me and clearly shows his true inner self.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:31   Link #811
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And, let's face it, how many guys DON'T have perverted fantasies at times?

Even before Asia, we see with "Yuuma-chan" that despite his perverseness early on, he really DOES care and did his very best to show her a good time on their "date", so unlike SOME male harem leads, he may have fantasies, but he doesn't exactly act on them or, so far, even end up in those typical situations that we tend to find such leads in either.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:38   Link #812
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn i want Iseei's same alarm ^^

So the last boss is an harem king , i count 14 girls it looks interesting
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:59   Link #813
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Sasha (of Qwaser of Stigmata) is another harem lead that gives him a more sensitive, different and affectionnate touch.

I remember that I love these two (Qwaser is more fanservice-heavy than DxD).

Back to DxD thread, I also remember that I drawed two illustrations (both involving Rias), but I haven't uploading them. I was surprised that this anime gives a different approach of harem genre and it keeps me watching until the end.

Quote:
I have watched Qwaser... sorry, that breast sucking killed it for me.

And like Mafuyu said, he's a tsundere boy. He never expresses his emotions openly.
Both of these characters are tsundere ! I liked them !!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:01   Link #814
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno

And like Mafuyu said, he's a tsundere boy. He never expresses his emotions openly.
Old 2012-02-04, 19:38   Link #815
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
If I recall, a few people complained with the last episode and more specifically to that shot of Asia's bared left breast showing. A fanservice shot that was uncalled for at a scene that packed tense momentum when Asia got tied onto that cross while Reynalle was extracting the former's Healing Twilight.

Well, talking about uncalled for and distasteful, fanservice shots then mine will be complaining for this episode about leaving her breast uncovered at a scene packing much gloom and drama delivered by Issei.
Spoiler:
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:26   Link #816
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It seemed to me Rias and Akeno were just drawing their attention away from Issei and co. Akeno didn't even seem to fight back. All she did was put up barriers.

Of course, all of that changed when Rias got pissed off.
Yup it was put out quite clearly by Rias herself later on.
Old 2012-02-04, 22:59   Link #817
MasterVampire

Does anyone else think that bringing back Asia as a devil was really mean?

She was this very good and religious girl and now she is dammed and can't be with god and goto heaven,
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 23:01   Link #818
Midonin
Last Engage

Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven. And besides, she's still cheery, helpful, got enough MP to heal the team in dire situations... that's not being damned, that's being damned good.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 01:01   Link #819
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Also can't forget that it was about Devils and Demons fighting FALLEN Angels, which really aren't any better. After all, Lucifer/Satan/The Devil is a Fallen Angel himself.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 03:00   Link #820
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Does anyone else think that bringing back Asia as a devil was really mean?

She was this very good and religious girl and now she is dammed and can't be with god and goto heaven,
Well, being a devil evidently doesn't stop anyone from being a good person nor does it warp their personality, so Asia is pretty safe on that front, at least within Rias' group. Her appreciation for church largely seems to stem for the fact they took her in and raised her when she was abandoned as a baby (until they cast her out for a silly reason anyway), so I'm sure she will get over that pretty quickly as well - her biggest wish is to have some companionship/friends after all, and within Rias' group she is likely to have more of it than she ever had before, and genuine at that.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen