AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 00:02   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 586 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Quote:
-Izanami is activated. It seems the technique 'Groundhog Days' the opponent, forcing them in an endless loop of sort.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-05-16 at 07:00.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 02:19   Link #2
strategos

Let the fight be near a conclusion!
Expecting new sharingan moves, soon!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 04:36   Link #3
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

now there is definately izanami to come, looks like this technique is further perfection of izanagi, according to itachi izanagi alters destiny but izanami is the one that decides it

and one thing i missed somewhere i think, does using izanami makes the user loose his sharingan( i think it does, just confirming)
Old 2012-05-16, 05:12   Link #4
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So beside deciding someones destiny, Izanami can also create time loops and trap people in it?
Old 2012-05-16, 05:26   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
and one thing i missed somewhere i think, does using izanami makes the user loose his sharingan( i think it does, just confirming)
It does. You can see one of his eyes (his left) go "blank" after the activation of Izanami.
Old 2012-05-16, 05:31   Link #6
HasuMasu
*Artist

Awkward head-patting.

So he lost his eye even if he's an Edo Tensei, guess we know what would happen if he were to use Izanagi.
Old 2012-05-16, 05:35   Link #7
Valky
Radioactive

So it keeps repeating like a broken record.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:37   Link #8
Ushio the Omega

FUCKING HELL, FUCK YOU KISHIMOTO your so out of ideas your even ripping off Kubo! god it's like Mayuri Kurotsuchi vs Szayel Aporro Grantz again.

It's fucking inevitable now Naruto's ending is going to suck. I really do believe it's going to end with Sasuke doing a Nagato after awakening the rinnegen.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:48   Link #9
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

infinite genjutsu/illusion, Izanami is plain schizophrenia lol
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:56   Link #10
drulo

Maybe Izamami keeps repeating time until the user does what he is planning on doing
Old 2012-05-16, 06:01   Link #11
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well Itachi called it a genjutsu, I'm not sure how it was transmitted or what those 'preparations' were that he talked about.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was Kabuto's left horn that got cut-off the first time.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:03   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I shall dub you "Groundhog no Jutsu"
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 06:32   Link #13
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The first time, Itachi tells Sasuke to stay close, the second time to stay away ...

There is definitely more to the jutsu than a "loop"
Crackpot jutsu mechanics time.

So by my crackpot jutsu mechanics guess, Izanami allows you to decide an outcome (ex. Kabuto gets killed) and the conditions for the jutsu are that you must fail. After the jutsu is activated, the loop begins and the probability is 'expended' so to speak. You repeat until all possible ways of failing are 'expended' and the only possible outcome is success.

Kinda useless if you're not a zombie.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:46   Link #14
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Kabuto better break out of it. He just used a genjutsu that doesn't require eye contact last chapter. If he doesn't have a counter to his own kind of attack, then this fight has been a waste of time.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 08:57   Link #15
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I shall dub you "Groundhog no Jutsu"
itachi groundhog day'd kabuto!

so how do you get out of it? if we're to think about how time loops are resolved in movies and tv, the ones who are trapped in them usually do something to stop them after several failed tries. they usually do it by choosing to do the "right thing" or the best possible outcome. assuming that this applies to kabuto, does this mean that he must choose to do the "right thing" as well (whatever that is)?
Old 2012-05-16, 09:02   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This Izanami is definately interesting. This is probably how Itachi forces Kabuto to undo the Edo Tensei. The conditions for the loop are probably set in a way that it will repeat over and over again, unless the victim does what the user wants him to do, which in this case might be to undo the Edo Tensei. If that's the case, then there really is some kind of connection to the whole fate thing. I could be totally wrong though, of course.

Good chapter, by the way. I'm just getting tired of the predictabillity of crow bunshins. But hey, it's a loop, it's going to happen a few more times.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:07   Link #17
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
This Izanami is definately interesting. This is probably how Itachi forces Kabuto to undo the Edo Tensei. The conditions for the loop are probably set in a way that will repeat over and over again, unless the victim does what the user wants him to do, which in this case might be to undo the Edo Tensei. If that's the case, then there really is some kind of connection to the whole fate thing. I could be totally wrong though, of course.

Good chapter, by the way. I'm just getting tired of the predictabillity of crow bunshins. But hey, it's a loop, it's going to happen a few more times.
hmmm... i tend to agree with this. the only thing tiresome about this izanami loop thing is it will tend to become repetitive.

i wonder what kabuto would do to get out of it. i hope he tries several different things each time.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:12   Link #18
Mists

Hopefully Kabuto keeps trying. I'm a bit disappointed by the many possible holes that this presented like:

1. How did Itachi learn this?

2. How didnt' Danzo learn this to use against Tobi or Sas?

3. If Kabuto does fall into releasing Edo..how can he do it within Genjutsu

4. Wouldn't Itachi's eyes come back since he's Edo Itachi

5. Why didn't Itachi do this vs Sasuke, if he's losing his sight anyway he might as well trap Sasuke's fate

6. This is all Hax, freakin Uchiha are haxing the story to a point it doesn't make any sense with what power and what they could've done before...ie...if Sishui's 'programmable body' doesn't work, why not use this. Plus Itachi has one more eye, why not go to Tobi now and do the same?

7. Was it ever answered what Danzo's final eye was?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:21   Link #19
karho
Member of the SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Hopefully Kabuto keeps trying. I'm a bit disappointed by the many possible holes that this presented like:

7. Was it ever answered what Danzo's final eye was?
What do you mean final eye? Do you mean the one implanted on his eye socket instead of his arm? If you are, then that eye is Shisui's sharingan.
karho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:28   Link #20
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by karho View Post
What do you mean final eye? Do you mean the one implanted on his eye socket instead of his arm? If you are, then that eye is Shisui's sharingan.
Yeah that one...but which capability was he trying to use with that Sharingan? Izanami? The 'programmable one' Itachi used? He mentioned he was going to save it for Tobi but failed.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion