AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-05, 05:15   Link #1261
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So I hope to avoid spoilers...I haven't played through MGS V yet. I played it a bit, got pretty busy in day to day life and put the game down and would like to play through it some day...but I'd like to know, how did this game turn out? I've seen a lot of people complain about the game. Seems many were disappointed by it and some are pretty unhappy with the game. Is this true? Are many people either unhappy with the game or pretty mixed on how they feel about it?
From what I see in general (and also what I personally feel after I finished the game), the gameplay is fantastic, but the story is disappointing.
Old 2016-01-05, 06:59   Link #1262
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Please be a DLC in the future...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 10:58   Link #1263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
So I hope to avoid spoilers...I haven't played through MGS V yet. I played it a bit, got pretty busy in day to day life and put the game down and would like to play through it some day...but I'd like to know, how did this game turn out? I've seen a lot of people complain about the game. Seems many were disappointed by it and some are pretty unhappy with the game. Is this true? Are many people either unhappy with the game or pretty mixed on how they feel about it?
It's pretty simple : did you like Peace Walker? If so, you'll love this game. If not and you're more of a fan of the previous games, you will be very disappointed.
Old 2016-01-05, 11:51   Link #1264
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thanks for the input, guys.

I actually never played Peace Walker. As for MGS V TPP, I read that the gameplay is very good but the story is bad/disappointing. But I wanted to know if that is how very many Metal Gear fans felt and apparently that is the case.

I'd like to play through the game some day because I've been a fan of the series since MGS back on PSX. But it isn't high on my 'gaming priorities', you could say.

Also, I know about one of the spoilers...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2016-01-06, 12:34   Link #1265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Thanks for the input, guys.

I actually never played Peace Walker. As for MGS V TPP, I read that the gameplay is very good but the story is bad/disappointing. But I wanted to know if that is how very many Metal Gear fans felt and apparently that is the case.

I'd like to play through the game some day because I've been a fan of the series since MGS back on PSX. But it isn't high on my 'gaming priorities', you could say.

Also, I know about one of the spoilers...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
If you haven't played Peace Walker, than it's harder to predict how you'll react to this game. Great gameplay, bad story just about sums it up, but even the gameplay has its problems compared to previous games IMO. The map is empty, no factions fighting each other like in MGS4 (even though the context was just perfect for it), there are almost no interiors, some options were removed (rolling, playing dead, and other little things. Not a big deal but why even remove them in the first place?), no classic MGS boss fights (that one REALLY hurt), secondary missions are all the same (150 missions with only like 8 variations), and some other stuff.

I find that MGS4 ultimately had better gameplay, the only problem is that you played very little

I would still say MGSV is a good game, I certainly enjoyed it or I wouldn't have spent 80+ hours on it, but it's also a bad MGS. To be honest, the trailers didn't help. It turned out they spoiled 90% of the story while hyping it like crazy with lies or misdirection (men become demons, my ass).

Regarding your spoiler, it's a mission, not a chapter. It's not in the game at all because they simply couldn't complete it in time for the release. The result is that a major subplot is never resolved in the game.
Old 2016-01-06, 18:01   Link #1266
Freeter
beyond

You know your story is bad when a codec subplot involving an old man taste testing hamburgers is more interesting than the main scenario
Old 2016-01-07, 21:46   Link #1267
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If you haven't played Peace Walker, than it's harder to predict how you'll react to this game. Great gameplay, bad story just about sums it up, but even the gameplay has its problems compared to previous games IMO. The map is empty, no factions fighting each other like in MGS4 (even though the context was just perfect for it), there are almost no interiors, some options were removed (rolling, playing dead, and other little things. Not a big deal but why even remove them in the first place?), no classic MGS boss fights (that one REALLY hurt), secondary missions are all the same (150 missions with only like 8 variations), and some other stuff.

I find that MGS4 ultimately had better gameplay, the only problem is that you played very little

I would still say MGSV is a good game, I certainly enjoyed it or I wouldn't have spent 80+ hours on it, but it's also a bad MGS. To be honest, the trailers didn't help. It turned out they spoiled 90% of the story while hyping it like crazy with lies or misdirection (men become demons, my ass).

Regarding your spoiler, it's a mission, not a chapter. It's not in the game at all because they simply couldn't complete it in time for the release. The result is that a major subplot is never resolved in the game.
As it turns out...
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 07:58   Link #1268
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-11-05, 03:00   Link #1269
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-mgs-qu...ign-1850980602

Stefanie Joosten speaks about Quiet's "costume" in the game. She had questions about it, but accepted it.

Her statement:

Quote:
This game came out in 2015, and I think the video game landscape has changed quite a lot since then. People are looking for more representation, and I really get it. Quiet’s outfit is not practical at all. Even with the explanation that was given of her breathing through her skin, of course there were so many other options you could have gone with. I do agree on that. I got to see the character artwork when we were starting motion capture, and of course my first reaction was, ‘that’s a very revealing costume’, but I respected it and accepted it. So that’s basically my stance. It’s fantasy, and I find that acceptable as well. But I do understand, having more of a diverse representation in video games for woman and all minorities is something I would encourage as well.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-05, 11:30   Link #1270
Jaden

She works as a model in Japan. I highly doubt she gave a damn about Quiet's costume.

How many lines does Quiet have in the game, anyway? Three or four? Plus humming a song and a couple moans. Sounds like an afternoon gig.