AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Hack//Sign any good?
Yes 23 58.97%
No 3 7.69%
Somewhere in between 13 33.33%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-27, 14:01   Link #21
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Major Spoiler coming

Spoiler:

Now, I might be slightly off, but I am pretty sure that that covers most of what was going on.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 18:39   Link #22
Fronzel
Schmuck

Spoiler:
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 21:21   Link #23
SurfD

Now that I think of it, you might not be able to get all of that out of just .hack//sign. You really do need to watch at least the .hack//Liminality 4 part ova set as well (you dont really need to play the games, but they are fairly fun in their own right).

As to the funky pig/cow thing that someone mentioned, they are called Grunties (or Puchiguso in japanese), if you play the game you get the chance to raise them by feeding various collectable goodies to them. When they reach maturity they 'evolve' into a specific type of adult depending on what you have fead them. If you happen to have already rased that type of adult, the second one is considered extra, and will bid you farewell as it gallops up into the air and vanishes! Rather funny to watch.
Old 2003-11-28, 03:03   Link #24
Fronzel
Schmuck

Ah, that is why the sad one claimed that "another of his kind" was not needed, and thus left! Hah!
Old 2003-11-29, 09:25   Link #25
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Spoiler:
As you watch the series, you begin to understand why these things happen and how. It's like a good detective story. You really don't know for sure what's going on until the end. And that's what makes it so great. You get to try and figure out what's going on instead of having the plot spoon fed to you.

Yeah, this series is DEFINATELY not about action. If you absolutely must have some action in your anime, this isn't one for you. On the other hand, if you like lots of character interaction and discussions between them, this is your anime.

Oh, and watching the series makes the games SO much better. For those of you who play the games and haven't watched the .hack//SIGN series, you should really see it to get the full impact from the games.
Tenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 21:49   Link #26
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
BEST! .hack 27-29

.hack is one of my favorites. sign, dusk, lim.,gift. and the games 2 that should be it. does so know where i can get the unreleased epsiodes 27-2X. i just ve 28 but it makes no sence (nothin makes sence in .hack ) without 27. are they on the last dvd?? watchin gift i just couldnt stop laughin, although they sometimes overdid it.
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 23:40   Link #27
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

I remember reading 27 & 28 will be on volume six of the US release in the animeondvd.com forums, but it might have been unconfirmed/rumor. Anyway 27 wouldn't help with 28 much. IIRC 27 was a side story about Mimiru's past where she and two friends worked together on a super powerful character (another one of those neat MMORPG tie ins, I remember doing that in a MUD once - it's so cool ^^ - altho not as easy to do and appear sane as in more strategy based games since MUDs have so much guild/player interaction).
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 04:43   Link #28
SurfD

Actuall, Mimiru wasnt one fo the the people team playing the Super High level character. Those three girls were different people. And team playing is still fairly common, even in modern MMOGS.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:47   Link #29
Fronzel
Schmuck

Maybe it means I'm insecure, but I'd like to make it clear that the lack of action in no way contributed to my eventual dislike of SIGN, and I say "eventual" because I liked it until the ending episodes and the final episode itself were so very weak.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:55   Link #30
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
If you haven't played the games, it will seem that way.

The games carry on about a few months after the series.

Spoiler:

You need to play the games to get the full fill of the series.
Old 2003-12-01, 03:21   Link #31
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkoy
SIGN merely shows you what went on before the games started.

Well, that's just lame. I shouldn't be expected to go out and buy a PS2 and four very short (and rather expensive) games to understand what the hell is going on. Screw it. Of course, they rightfully try to compensate for this; the whole Tsukasa thing (while tied in to the games in some way, I'm sure) does conclude, making it SIGN's and SIGN's alone, the problem being that I felt that was weak and rather cliche. Honestly, how many anime shows are about overcoming introversion and depression? And how many do a better job than SIGN? Hint: the answer is the same both times.

That was actually rather snide of me...I apologize.

Big Fat Spoiler comin'
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-01, 05:20   Link #32
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

There is no need to apologize. We all have our opinions.
Old 2003-12-02, 03:22   Link #33
Fronzel
Schmuck

Well, I just meant that last few sentences there, with the “hint.” I still think SIGN ends out weak, but that was a bit much, I thought.
Old 2003-12-05, 04:26   Link #34
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Big Fat Spoiler comin'
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And as for the .hack timeline, it goes...

//AI BUSTER (novel)
//Intermezzo (ep27 of //SIGN)
//SIGN
//ZERO (novel)
//INFECTION + Liminality 1
//MUTATION + Liminality 2
//OUTBREAK + Liminality 3
//QUARANTINE + Liminality 4
//UNISON (ep28 of //SIGN)
//Legend of the Twilight (manga verison is the official continunity. The manga version is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the anime)

There is another novel called //ANOTHER BIRTH, which is a novel version of the games told through BlackRose's view point. Note: Bandai has no plans so far about translating neither that nor //AI BUSTER and //ZERO over here.

If you want to know what those two novels are about...

//AI BUSTER

Spoiler:

//ZERO

Spoiler:
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 14:35   Link #35
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-28, 20:46   Link #36
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Hack//Sign.... any good?

Don't know if this is the right place to put this thread but I think its been licensed. Can't check anime nfo now cause I can't seem to get to the page so here goes...

Need to know if Hack/Sign is any good and if it is I wanna know why... As in what type of viewers would like this type of show and so forth... If you're not sure what to say... just a yes, no or somewhere in between on the poll would do.... thanks
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:02   Link #37
Fronzel
Schmuck

It had a lot of potential and nice style, and was really good for a while but the several episodes at the end are very weak and the answers to what is going on are uninteresting, and it ties a bit too much in the game a bit at the end, I thought. It was like "Thanks for watching, BUY .HACK GAMES!"

Note that Tsukasa is a whiny angst-pile in case you happen to feel strongly about that sort of thing.

Kinda lame overall, really.
Old 2004-01-29, 01:25   Link #38
corp20
Internet God

Well when I was watching it, I missed 3 eps in a row. I really didn't care, but when I picked it up again. I started to make up the story lines to the eps I missed. I finally got around to watching all of them. My version of events was better.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:28   Link #39
haren

The thing you have to realy understand with .hack//sign is that it's a prequel to the games. To fully aprishiate the tv series you have to be willing to put the time in with the games, so you can fully get the final 2 episodes on disc 6. All in all it's a good series.
haren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:33   Link #40
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

nah... imo... you don't need to play those crap ps2 games!

hack sign is alright... but you're gonna have to live with LOTS of talking... the music is great though!