AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-03, 14:19   Link #221
XiaNaphryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutgal View Post
Ah, but now the anime's ended I'm descending into inevitable sadness. The manga's not much further on and even when there will be enough material I doubt a second anime series would get made. It's not popular enough, right? And it just feels too far in the distance, everyone would've forgotten this first series by then. I mean, they never even animated the rest of Slam Dunk. Glum.
Oofuri actually did quite well, it was #4 in the Top Anime of 2007 Yahoo Japan poll and the DVDs supposedly are selling very well. There would definitely be a lot of interest for another season I think.
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 14:35   Link #222
falloutgal
Madao

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
Oofuri actually did quite well, it was #4 in the Top Anime of 2007 Yahoo Japan poll and the DVDs supposedly are selling very well. There would definitely be a lot of interest for another season I think.
Yay for this optimism! I sincerely hope there will be a second series! When there's enough manga...which will be in another 4 years maybe?! Ahhh! Still too long... Glum again. Very glad to hear it was much appreciated in Japan, though.

Btw, just curious but anyone know why the Japanese count the ball-strike the other way around from Americans?? I know zero about baseball and it tends to throw me a bit when watching subs...
falloutgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 05:03   Link #223
Siegel Clyne

Ookiku Furikabutte Has Many Female Fans

It also got pretty good TV ratings for a late night anime series, at least in the Kantou region of Japan.

Ookiku Furikabutte is one of those anime titles based on shounen/seinen manga which have many female fans (e.g., fujoshi), such as Tennis no Oujisama (The Prince of Tennis), Gintama, and Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

Female fans love their ikemen, bishounen, and biseinen.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-03-04 at 05:22.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 09:03   Link #224
mit7059

Nothing would make me happier than another series of Oofuri as long as they don't mess it up. Like previous comments have said, one of the biggest things that makes Oofuri so good is the humanity of their opponents, they would for sure have to keep that to make any second season worth watching.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 12:51   Link #225
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

With stuff like Persona Trinity Soul and Ookiku, A-1 is quickly making a name for themselves. I somehow have a lot of faith that they won't mess up an Ookiku sequel.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 21:12   Link #226
eris_sama

I have down the 9 main players in the lineup, but at some point in the anime they mention 10 and when the team was marching in the opening ceremonies there seemed to be 10. I don't think the manager or coach counts so who am I missing?
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 21:51   Link #227
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
I have down the 9 main players in the lineup, but at some point in the anime they mention 10 and when the team was marching in the opening ceremonies there seemed to be 10. I don't think the manager or coach counts so who am I missing?
There are 10. The 3rd base coach you see is the 10th player. He also has the #10 on his back.

Last edited by Heibi; 2008-03-04 at 21:51. Reason: mispelling
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 23:30   Link #228
eris_sama

Anyone know his name? Does he even get a real spoken line?
Old 2008-03-05, 00:58   Link #229
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
He's the last guy listed in te credits of our sub for Nishiura.

I'm in Reno currenty so I can't just look.

Heibi
Central Anime
Old 2008-03-05, 04:27   Link #230
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via AIM to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via MSN to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via Yahoo to cmanimevids3000
A version 2 of 24 and 25 will be released eventually with the correct karaokes fonts, just so you guys know.

I agree on A-1, Oofuri and now Persona, Next they are doing Birdy the Mighty TV this Summer
I hope they do an Oofuri sequel next sping. The manga sure has enough material for one.

Also here are all the team members:
Mihashi
Abe
Tajima
Hanai
Mizuitani
Nishihiro
Suyama
Izumi
Sakaeguchi
Oki (the one ya'll were talking about)

^_^

-Corey
cmanimevids3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 05:07   Link #231
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanimevids3000 View Post
Also here are all the team members:
Mihashi
Abe
Tajima
Hanai
Mizuitani
Nishihiro
Suyama
Izumi
Sakaeguchi
Oki (the one ya'll were talking about)
The 10th member, wearing jersey number 10, is Nishihiro and not Oki. Oki is the first baseman.

#1 - Mihashi (pitcher)
#2 - Abe (catcher)
#3 - Oki (1st base)
#4 - Sakaeguchi (2nd base)
#5 - Tajima (3rd base)
#6 - Suyama (shortstop)
#7 - Mizutani (left field)
#8 - Izumi (center field)
#9 - Hanai (captain - right field)
#10 - Nishihiro (bench - outfielder)
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 11:37   Link #232
falloutgal
Madao

Quote:
Poor Nishihiro-kun, totally forgotten... Off the top of my head, some moments where he actually made an appearance:

- Studying at Mihashi's house, Hanai pulls Mihashi and Tajima to sit in front of Nishihiro saying something like, "I've heard Nishihiro is so smart he doesn't need to study for exams, he will teach you everything."

- Practice before the beginning of the Summer tournament, Nishihiro catches his first fly-ball and Momo-kan comments how great it feels to catch your first fly-ball.

- During the Tousei game, Mihashi is the 3rd base runner, Nishihiro is 3rd base coach. Sakaeguchi is batting and looks towards 3rd doing their usual meditation relaxing thing, Mihashi doesn't get why Sakaeguchi's looking over and Nishihiro shouts out to Mihashi, "Meditation! You're the 3rd runner!"

- Late during Tousei game, the Nishiura players gather on the mound during a time-out and Nishihiro comes over from the bench to relay Momo-kan's instructions.

I really have watched this anime too much...
falloutgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 23:44   Link #233
eris_sama

lol, I remember those scenes but unfortunately some of the minor chars look too much alike so I get them all mixed up. I have to watch this again during the baseball season
Old 2008-03-07, 13:53   Link #234
XiaNaphryz

Heibi, are you guys planning on subbing any of the omake clips I heard were on the DVDs?
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 16:28   Link #235
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
Heibi, are you guys planning on subbing any of the omake clips I heard were on the DVDs?
I'll have to look in to it.
Old 2008-03-15, 22:31   Link #236
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For some series a second season seems kind of tacked-on, just a cashing-on for the sake of it - but in this case, Oofuri really cries out for one. 25 was a nice and subtly profound end to a subtly profound series, but it didn't really feel like an end (and 26, as a side story, doesn't change that). I really hope a second season follows in time.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2008-03-16 at 12:30.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 05:36   Link #237
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
For some series a second season seems kind of tacked-on, just a cashing-on for the sake of it - but in this case, Oofuri really cries out for one. 25 was a nice ans subtly profound end to a subtly profound series, but it didn't really feel like an end (and 26, as a side story, doesn't change that). I really hope a second season follow in time.
Are you kidding me? I would understand that argument if it was an anime original or the manga story ended there, but it didn't. There's so many more matchup possibilities in the future. And ep 26 only makes me want to watch more of Haruna. He doesn't seem like such a villain anymore after his story. I don't think a sequel would be a tack-on at all. It'd be quite justified.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:30   Link #238
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Re-read my post, please. Who are you arguing with??
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 16:03   Link #239
Blaat

I enjoyed hearing Uchuu Senkan Yamato OP as part of the band's repertoire.

Anyway I really enjoyed this show probably one of my favourite sport anime (then again I haven't seen that many) and I'm hoping for a second season in the future. Especially because I want to know more about the coach and manager.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 06:34   Link #240
ochibi77

Does anyone knows if saizen is still doing this series?
ochibi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports