AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 03:55   Link #101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep10:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:34   Link #102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 10
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:29   Link #103
ThoHell

For some reason I'm watching this, can't explain it. It's soooo bad, poorly written, just completely horrible, but I want to see the bloody ending..... WHY??
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:43   Link #104
Dragon TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
For some reason I'm watching this, can't explain it. It's soooo bad, poorly written, just completely horrible, but I want to see the bloody ending..... WHY??

it's a disease man. It like once you started something you have to finish it.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 23:17   Link #105
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Haha, it's the curiousity of wanting to know if the series will be worth it in the end. Once you reach a certain point it's difficult to sometimes drop. Or you could be a glutton for punishment. I guess it can't be any worse than Dragonaut.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 12:56   Link #106
Jibade

Send a message via AIM to Jibade Send a message via MSN to Jibade Send a message via Yahoo to Jibade
I don't get it how is everyone seeing the latest episodes if Funi hasn't added any recently? Sorry I just learned how to use Hulu and loving it. I thought this got canned. Is Funimation still subbing them?
Jibade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 13:26   Link #107
SageGaiGar
You are Next

They're watching either raws or subs via torrents or streams.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 15:16   Link #108
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
So it seems like Gainax gave this series more of an after thought, huh?
Old 2009-03-16, 17:20   Link #109
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

So, GAINAX is cooking up eventful circumstances before the climax.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 02:40   Link #110
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Phew... As far as reaching a climax, Shikabane Hime >>>>>>> Incrossable void>>>>>>Index...

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 06:34   Link #111
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
short answer: sore wa omae no miren

long answer: because you're a GAINAX fanboy

even longer answer: it's the copious amount of fanservice, because Hokuto is sexy, and because the OP/ED is very good. Angela pretty much saves this series from completely sucking.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 11:47   Link #112
Nosauz

really the only thing I find annoying about shikabane hime, is the damn noclip, as an avid fps gamer who has played fps ranging from console classics like hale, golden eye to pc games like cs dod, cod, moh, the noclip just CONSTANTLY takes me out of suspension of disbeleif, I wish I had her noclip skills in any of the fps I play. Am I the only one who gets this feeling, same goes for unlimited missiles in a god damn mecha fight.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:24   Link #113
solomon

random question: is gainax still animating the second season?

I think I may pick this one up again when I am bored just cause the animation is so good, it can't be that bad can it (head FMA writer penned it after all).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:26   Link #114
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
random question: is gainax still animating the second season?

I think I may pick this one up again when I am bored just cause the animation is so good, it can't be that bad can it (head FMA writer penned it after all).
Yes, the staff is exactly the same as that of the previous season; in fact, both seasons have been running almost concurrent with each other. And actually, it's getting pretty good. This is exactly what an action series should be like, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me here.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:15   Link #115
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphic View Post
Yes, the staff is exactly the same as that of the previous season; in fact, both seasons have been running almost concurrent with each other. And actually, it's getting pretty good. This is exactly what an action series should be like, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me here.
Really? The "first" season was pretty much monster of the week beat em ups with little to no character development for ouri/makina, ouri's constant whining and griping and overall clingness to makina was just pretty annoying. The over use of fan service albeit was a given really was over the top. Until the introduction of shichesei i would say the series was your typical shounen and not until recently has it gotten "good" most action scenes are pretty dull, with the same animation of makina running and gunning, whereas when the loli fights its a tad bit more interesting. My main problem with the early season's episodic content is that it only really established ouri's character whereas everybody else gets revealed later on during the shichisei arc unlike say cowboy bebop or samurai champloo where the actual main cast is developed in the same time span. Also the plot chugged really badly at some parts, the pacing is a bit off but at least now it really has gotten a lot better. Plus with an excellent op/ed it naturally hooks the viewer.
Old 2009-03-19, 18:17   Link #116
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

I think Aikawa Show's really showing his class in the second season's final episodes; it's been pretty promising so far. If you haven't seen the latest episodes, then I would urge you to do so immediately. To really judge a series, I think we should base any assumption that we have on the entire show and especially the ending; in that regard, Kuro has done exceedingly well with these final episodes. The plot is unfolding itself brilliantly now and I think it's gearing up to end on a perfect note.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 05:29   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Good god ep 11 was a good one, I'm even tempted to rewatch both seasons again to pick up more of the finer details...or maybe just this one

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 09:13   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't understand the complete dislike some people have for this show (basically the first season). It delivers everything that was promised --- and i'm still enjoying it quite a bit.

To stay on topic, i must say it's surprising to see how huge Hokuto's breasts are in episode 10.
Old 2009-03-20, 09:18   Link #119
Nosauz

hokuto is very hawt, overall this episode was really satisfying, and as deathkillz said the kill 108 shikabane came out as I expected, and for some reason I've always liked akasha, maybe just because he used to be buddy buddy with kensei and sadahiro
Old 2009-03-22, 20:02   Link #120
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well, I've finally watched episode 11, and all I got to say is that my views about Akasha have become mixed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Akasha's Shikabane Hime:

Spoiler for For the ending:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, horror, shounen