AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 02:14   Link #261
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Can someone please tell me what's going on in page 11? It seems to have a design closer to the original Sagittarius cloth without the awful scarf and wings. It looks beautiful, even. Do they say if they'll go back to that at all?

Also, what's with that girl holding a staff? IIRC Saints are not allowed to use weapons other than the Libra saint. Then again that might apply to just the Gold Saints as Chameleon June, Andromeda Shun, Cerberus Dante and Auriga Capella all seemed to use weapons as well.
Old 2012-04-08, 04:04   Link #262
ShiroiRyu

I think it's only for the Gold Saints.
In same time, when we thought the "basic soldiers" use weapons too.
And yes, Shun use his chain so for no weapon, it's ... XD
Old 2012-04-08, 07:14   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Can someone please tell me what's going on in page 11? It seems to have a design closer to the original Sagittarius cloth without the awful scarf and wings. It looks beautiful, even. Do they say if they'll go back to that at all?
That's the God cloth of Pegasus he's wearing in that sketch. He was asked to draw an older Seiya for the audition, and that's what he came up with. He had probably not yet been told Seiya would be the Sagittarius Saint in the new series at the time.
Old 2012-04-08, 07:46   Link #264
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

But I thought Seiya wasn't the Sagittarus saint ?

Mars called him Pegasus Seiya, Shaina told Koga that this cloth stone he's currently using belongs to Seiya... It was pretty clear to me that the Pegasus cloth was just promoted to the gold rank.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:00   Link #265
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
The music here ... How i can dislike this series ?
And in same time, next episode = Yuna ! YUNAAAAAAAAA ! \o/
Old 2012-04-08, 08:15   Link #266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post

Mars called him Pegasus Seiya, Shaina told Koga that this cloth stone he's currently using belongs to Seiya... It was pretty clear to me that the Pegasus cloth was just promoted to the gold rank.
His bio on the official website says he's the Sagittarius gold saint and former Pegasus bronze saint.

Mars called him Pegasus because he's earned a reputation for himself when he was the Pegasus saint. I doubt he had a lot of opportunity to fight as Sagittarius before Mars appeared. The Pegasus cloth was still technically his since it looks like Athena didn't pass it on to anybody.
Old 2012-04-08, 08:20   Link #267
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
He is the Sagittarus saint in Omega (今シリーズは射手座の黄金聖闘士として登場。). It's a fact that's not debatable.

Quote:
Mars called him Pegasus Seiya
It could be that Mars didn't know that Seiya got promoted.
But the most likely reason is because it sounds better (especially to us old farts who's seen the old one), there's also some old baggage here they can't get rid of, and story wise they needed to make the connection that Seiya used to be the Pegasus saint for the benefit of the new viewers to establish the theme that "Kouga is walking in the footstep of his predecessor and the emotional baggage associated with it". We've already seen how Souma compares Kouga to Seiya etc.

Quote:
Shaina told Koga that this cloth stone he's currently using belongs to Seiya...
See above. Plus Shaina isn't the most objective person to talk here when it comes to Seiya.

Quote:
It was pretty clear to me that the Pegasus cloth was just promoted to the gold rank.
That doesn't and shouldn't happen because that would REALLY screw with the settings.....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:19   Link #268
xellos2099

Hmmm, a saint training school in the middle of the lake.... are they paying homage to Lunar 2?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 15:50   Link #269
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's the God cloth of Pegasus he's wearing in that sketch. He was asked to draw an older Seiya for the audition, and that's what he came up with. He had probably not yet been told Seiya would be the Sagittarius Saint in the new series at the time.
That....ugh. *looks at Pegasus God Cloth on the shelf* how could I have missed that?

I probably just wanted those wings (and lack of scarf!) on the Sagittarius cloth that much.

D:

I should drop this series. I'm starting to become one of those purist people. This is just going to cause me more heartache.
Old 2012-04-08, 15:57   Link #270
Jehuty

Quote:
Shaina told Koga that this cloth stone he's currently using belongs to Seiya... It was pretty clear to me that the Pegasus cloth was just promoted to the gold rank.
There was an instance where the bronze cloths "turned" gold for a little bit in the Poseidon saga. While a bronze cloth can be as powerful as a gold cloth, it's purely based on the user. However, a cloth itself can never be promoted in rank -- it stays bronze. Even if they at some point turn into god cloths.

Which seriously makes me wonder why Seiya didn't fight Mars with the Pegasus god cloth.

Then again this series is messing with the entire lore. The constellations (like Pegasus and Lionet having gems on their forms is all kinds of wtf) are probably going through a terribad reshuffle.
Old 2012-04-08, 20:32   Link #271
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Which seriously makes me wonder why Seiya didn't fight Mars with the Pegasus god cloth.
Like the gold bronze cloth, the god cloth only appears under certain circumstances and when the mission is complete they disappear. In both LC and ND the bronze cloth returned to their normal appearance after defeating the enemy.

If you are so caught up with this canon thing, you should also question why Seiya inherited that crappy looking original Pegasus cloth instead of the Pegasus god cloth even if you take your beloved LC as "canon" before the Kurumada series because Tenma in LC obviously got his Pegasus cloth to god cloth too, the Pegasus cloth in LC was bathed in both a Gold saint's blood and Athena's blood in that era, but clearly doesn't fit with Kurumada's canon.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:53   Link #272
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2012-04-10, 03:17   Link #273
Ddraig

Yay, Yuna is coming next episode ^^. Also i dont think that's wierd consider that there's some large time hole between Hades arc and this arc. I mean we missing Heaven arc here so many shit can happen there that explain why cloth have different look and Seiya wear new looking Sagitarus cloth that supposedly old one already get destroy during Hades arc.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:27   Link #274
ShiroiRyu

he change from Cloth Boxes to Cloth Stones is an important plot point that will be explained in the show. Cloth Stones were created from extraterrestrial materials.
-Geki(Bear) from the original show is an instructor at Palaestra.
-Ichi(Hydra) from the original show is also at Palaestra... as a student.
-Shiryu got seriously beaten up by Mars; he lost ALL FIVE SENSES.
-Mars' attack 13 years ago wasn't limited to Athena/the Sanctuary.
-Elements have slight disadvantages towards each other. It goes like this: Wind > Lightning > Earth > Water > Fire > Wind. Light and Darkness have no advantage or disadvantages towards other elements.
-Ryuho's special move is Rozan Shô Ryű Ha; it is even more powerful that his father's was back in his youth. However, Ryuho can't use this move very frequently due to the strain it places in his body.
-Yuna has a liberal philosophy and hates being bound by old traditions and rules.
-According to the producer, Yuna was the character they spent the most character creating because they wanted to get her right. She is unlike any previous female in the franchise. "An all-new type of female Saint; Yuna's existence is the symbol of Saint Seiya Omega".
-Eden was deliberately based on Ikki/Phoenix; however, his motivation are completely different. Eden is a lot more morally ambiguous; Ikki always had good intentions, Eden, on the other hand... "
Old 2012-04-12, 23:23   Link #275
Miraluka
Banned

Poor Shiryu first blind and now the other 4 senses... at least has the 6th, right?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 20:22   Link #276
n0m@n
C-Z

Episode 3 is out and few things are revealed.
So far there are only Two Gold-saints.
This Saint Seiya will be "Academy" themed.
There's also a cloth ranking up system apparently.
Kouga didnt have any proper fight this episode, but it seems like he will fight Shiryuu's son next episode.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:08   Link #277
Key Board
Carbon

So there you go, this episode answers it

There are only 2 gold saints. But we don't know if this number includes Seiya or not

Speculations?

I think Ikki is overall the strongest of the 5 bronze, but honestly, Phoenix Cloth is so awesome that even a Gold cloth would be a downgrade.

Shun strikes me as someone who would retire after being hijacked by Hades, but you never know.

If the leaks are true, then Shiryu is not in the best state to be a Saint

I guess Hyoga is possible.

It seems Marin was Yuna's teacher before Geki. Did she die/retire? Or did she make it to gold saint?

Every Silver except for Marin and Shaina were dead after Hades.

The rest are bronze saints, and I don't recall anyone impressive outside of the main 5 bronze.

It's also possible that the gold saints are new blood.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:27   Link #278
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

To be fair, the term '2 Gold Saints' needs clarification. Does it mean active Saints, or does it constitute circumstances similar to Aries, Gemini and Libra in the original series where the title is held claim by the wearer, but not fully doing Gold Saint jobs full-time.

The current story setting for Omega expects us to accept a situation where none of the original Bronzies are not part of Athena's guard, with only Shaina acting as her direct Saint guardian. It means that there's pretty much a strong likelihood that they were hit with plot hammer that prevents them from doing what they do best.

Seiya, Ikki and Shun (if they use the Hades angle) all have their own character stories that allow them to do exactly that without worries of it destroying their characterisation.

Shiryu and Hyoga, on the other hand, would require some sort of Omega-related explanation to justify their absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So there you go, this episode answers it

There are only 2 gold saints. But we don't know if this number includes Seiya or not

Speculations?
I speculate them being either Shiryu/Hyoga or new blood altogether. (Kiki?)

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 04:39   Link #279
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The episode 3 was badass, I loved it. Yuna is really cool, I really like this character.

Spoiler:

I was a bit disappointed by the 2nd episode, but this 3rd episode is good indeed. But i prefer the first episode of Omega. Yeah the 2nd episode was a bit ugly, and the fight wasn't really cool.

I hope there will be better soundtrack, because the only very good theme is only the main theme (Pegasus fantasy remix).
Generally, the soundtrack isn't bad, but not really memorable. When you watched the original Saint Seiya, the best element is the soundtrack in my opinion.

Next episode looks cool too. The son of a legendary saint appears!
Old 2012-04-15, 04:41   Link #280
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 3:

It's all in my spoilers.
Hey, i wanted her, so i have her.
Anyways :

Spoiler for 3:

The next episode will be fun when you know the dad. XD

Tags
action, shounen