AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-10-26, 07:08   Link #1941
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and do you the viewers/company really trust another company to potentially ruin the reputation that is SHnY

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 08:56   Link #1942
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and do you the viewers/company really trust another company to potentially ruin the reputation that is SHnY
Change in studios for the sequel (not remake) of an anime series is uncommon. The only one I can think of is when Read or Die caused ROD the TV to be made.

Perhaps it was the fact that different working conditions is involved from making OVAs to making a TV series. But the animators of the Read or Die OVA supposedly refused to make the TV sequel by themselves, so JC staff had to take over bulk of the work.
Old 2006-10-26, 10:42   Link #1943
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Change in studios for the sequel (not remake) of an anime series is uncommon. The only one I can think of is when Read or Die caused ROD the TV to be made.
Full Metal Panic first season was made by GONZO, but Fumoffu! and Second Raid was done by KyotoAnimation. I think that's another example.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 11:03   Link #1944
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Another famous example.

Negima: XEBEC -> Shaft
~~~~ ~~~~

Nurse Witch Komugi is a special case in that it was not a matter of companies changing, but companies dropping out from the sequel. KyoAni was part of the team in the first series of OAVs, but not the sequel.

The drop in the quality of the humour really shows...
~~~~ ~~~~

Speaking of KyoAni... Kanon.

Toei Animation -> KyoAni.
~~~~ ~~~~

Air the Movie was done by Toei Animation. The movie was an alternate retelling of the TV series( done by, yes, KyoAni). Guess which one was more popular?
~~~~ ~~~~

Similar story to NWK, but it turned out for the better.

X(Movie) -> X(TV)
~~~~ ~~~~

Etc...

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-26, 16:39   Link #1945
The Sandman

Of course, the one thing pretty much all of those examples have in common is that there were problems with the first adaptation (in the case of Negima and the X movie, severe ones).

Given that MoSH was possibly the biggest sleeper hit of the last five years (in that there was essentially no pre-series hype), I doubt anyone would want to screw with perfection.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 16:45   Link #1946
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nope... KyoAni will sit on this until fanblood washes the streets in front of their offices and organs are just spurting in all directions --- then they'll release a second season. If there's anything I've noticed about Japanese fans -- absence makes them even more frenzied rather than easily distracted by another shiny thing.

yeah, most of those examples are "remakes/redo/do-over" by new studios to replace less than stellar efforts or to take advantage of new skills.
Old 2006-10-26, 23:39   Link #1947
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to gaspah Send a message via Yahoo to gaspah
what do i do im running out of eps of haruhi to watch!! arrrgh im gonna watch the last two tonight... wah!! oh man how funny was it where whassisname (human boy) is telling the computer club leader not to shout contest contest contest then haruhi just comes and flykicks the computer club leader in the head... man i love this show....
gaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 23:41   Link #1948
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

btw where can i d/l the manga?

are there any teams doing good translation/cleanup?

Last edited by gaspah; 2006-10-26 at 23:42. Reason: my fish escaped and attacked a small child
Old 2006-10-27, 00:59   Link #1949
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspah View Post
btw where can i d/l the manga?

are there any teams doing good translation/cleanup?
The manga is fail. Read the novels here.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 01:17   Link #1950
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed with FPB ... the manga being released was written after the anime and it really fails to do much justice to the material. The *novels* the anime was based on are being translated by a dedicated team of crazed volunteers at the link he mentions.
Old 2006-10-27, 02:30   Link #1951
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Manga Fail, 2 only Volumes...

Snake -> Negima : XEBEC>Shaft because Negima TV was deception
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 03:35   Link #1952
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

ah thats a shame i like manga, but i have a bit of trouble reading long texts. its not a comprehension thing its and adhd thing. So i've only really read about 10 books (not inc manga/comics) in my lifetime, but i'll give it a go... its not like text will take up much space.. thanx

do'h i headed over to that page... and its like an online version that i have to read online (ok so i can save the webpages but tedious). you see i cant afford the www at home so i have to get all my downloads at work... then watch them at home... make my ava's at home... put them on a flashdisk bring them here.... etc

Last edited by gaspah; 2006-10-27 at 03:42. Reason: Mikuru-run!!
Old 2006-10-27, 10:03   Link #1953
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
ah thats a shame i like manga, but i have a bit of trouble reading long texts. its not a comprehension thing its and adhd thing. So i've only really read about 10 books (not inc manga/comics) in my lifetime, but i'll give it a go... its not like text will take up much space.. thanx

do'h i headed over to that page... and its like an online version that i have to read online (ok so i can save the webpages but tedious). you see i cant afford the www at home so i have to get all my downloads at work... then watch them at home... make my ava's at home... put them on a flashdisk bring them here.... etc
the problem is not they have put it into a manga form
but the remake of the whole story is just terrible
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 10:46   Link #1954
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
well, im getting the 1st volume of the manga for the symbols on the field that a certain someone drew during the Tanbata. That picture was not covered in the anime nor the novel.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 10:52   Link #1955
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post
well, im getting the 1st volume of the manga for the symbols on the field that a certain someone drew during the Tanbata. That picture was not covered in the anime nor the novel.
why buy it if you ask it here ?
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 11:39   Link #1956
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

The translation team is putting finished sections out in PDF (Acrobat) form, but you have to dig around in the forum there to find them (and register as a member).

Note: though the field drawing is there in Noppapana's thumbnail ... the page is also emblematic of just how bad the manga is ---- blech.
Old 2006-10-27, 12:43   Link #1957
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
why buy it if you ask it here ?
Well we can found the Signs that Haruhi drawn in the DVD Episode
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 12:46   Link #1958
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The translation team is putting finished sections out in PDF (Acrobat) form, but you have to dig around in the forum there to find them (and register as a member).

Note: though the field drawing is there in Noppapana's thumbnail ... the page is also emblematic of just how bad the manga is ---- blech.
Yeah, go grab that. It makes reading a lot easier than scrolling through WordPad.

Wow, that is bad. I only read, like, four pages before I got bored, so I don't remember much other than I felt really bad for the scanlators who wasted all that time on it.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 21:57   Link #1959
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
hmmmz actually wad i meant was im gonna support at least the 1st volume if it gets licensed in my country, i did dl the scanlations by KE already... i spend at least an hour every day going through Haruhi stuff.

They are taking forever to release volume 7 of the light novel here....
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 23:01   Link #1960
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

OMG I cant believe that Kyon went for haruhi.... like the one he found mega-annoying... why do people always get attracted to the annoying freaks... i mean seriously... he couldve had the 'lolita face with big breasts' or the dark quiet rei-type character. But no..... he chooses death by water torture.... gah

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen