Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-21, 08:48   Link #41
Miacis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
I also loved the moment matsumoto "hugged" gin. It would seem that the matsumoto was the one thing in the soul society that gin would miss.

"If only you held me longer" was what gin said. Would rangiku be able to stop gin if she tried hard enough?
I thought he said that either because the light beam would have destroyed her if she held on for a bit longer, or he wanted her to hold on to him for sentimental sake. That was the conflict I got out of it anyways.

And yeah, it was pretty lame how they cut out the three other guardians. All Jidanbou did was make everything 'flashy', like Gin mentioned.
Old 2005-12-21, 08:56   Link #42
beansprouts
五月天

Aizen was so so badass, I'm loving his evilness more and more. It's fun to watch both Aizen and Gin being badass together, such an unlikely pair, yet they complement each other. I could quite understand the last bit that Tousen said about him being in the side of justice... nah, it's ok, I was too distracted by bishi-Aizen with his hair slicked back.

The Byakuya and Rukia's sister was an intereseting touch, Rukia and her sister are like carbon copies of each other. The last part whereby Byakuya held out his hand for Rukia to hold was rather... um... strange though.

What a great episode, I think I am going to rewatch it (more Aizen!!).
Old 2005-12-21, 09:27   Link #43
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
What happened with Ichigo's sword is different IMHO: Ichigo thought to have stabbed Aizen but Aizen's hypnotism made Ichigo think Aizen was a little forward to his real position and so Ichigo stopped his sword himself before reaching the "true" Aizen and at that point Aizen had an easy time to show off his theoretical godly status.
I don't think so. Given his momentum, there's no way Ichigo could just stop his sword himself.

I have no problem believing that Aizen was capable of stopping Ichigo like that. He already barehandedly broke Renji's sword.
Old 2005-12-21, 09:29   Link #44
Ichimaru

Wtf was Gin doin takin his time on those ryoka, i think he was very lenient on them when he release his reiatsu not makin them collapse. Oh yeh love his sword technique and him always questioning aizen and givin ppl smirks
Old 2005-12-21, 10:10   Link #45
JBur
Rock My World With Anime

yeah hes an nice evil counter-character
(whoah! counterperson thingy; i dont know if this is how you describe a person with the role as badguy)

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-21, 10:55   Link #46
Ichimaru

What i wanna ask is, since everyone has been fooled by aizen since day 1 he showed off his bankai, only person not affected by it is tousen, whattabout ichimaru?
Old 2005-12-21, 11:02   Link #47
Nico

what is this missing 3 guardians thing everyone is talking about?
Old 2005-12-21, 11:04   Link #48
karthak
Baruk Khazad

I think the reason Aizen could smash Ichigo that easily is that he has basically reached his limit. He blocked Komamura`s sword with his bare hand!! He can`t become stronger as a shinigami so he wants to become a hollow.
Old 2005-12-21, 11:07   Link #49
real folk blues..

when gin said "if only you held me longer", he meant..if rangiku had held him longer
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-21, 11:22   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
Yeah, I don't know either what is this missing 3 guardians thing some people are whining about? The episode was very good without these "guardians." Now as an anime-only watcher I would understand their whining for not showing if those guardians have three boobs on each, but I suspect that isn't the case either.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
You mean Cilffhanger... A hangover is what you get after a few drinks
No no, I meant hangover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Thank god, I can't stand hangovers.
Me neither!
Old 2005-12-21, 12:14   Link #51
Echostarter
Fate's Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Echostarter
Hey, this episode was awesome... Aizen, as much of a prick that he is, has become way cool... .... .... ... .. .. ... DAMN, he's cool... ... hate that guy...

And total major convulsions when
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-21, 12:43   Link #52
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Definately some interesting things happened in this episode...

Komamura gets beaten easily, unfortunately. Aizen simply has too much of an advantage while someone is hypnotized. The little flashbacks don't reveal too much, except that it's obvious that Tousen got influenced by Aizen long ago. Even when directly asked later on, Tousen's still doesn't explain anything really.

Aizen explains why he wanted to get her executed by Soukyoku, but manages to retrieve what he was looking for from Rukia by another method. Not sure why he'd want to get rid of her afterwards, since she isn't much of a threat.

The three baddies escape due to Menos interference, and we see an unexpected reaction from Gin towards Rangiku. I wonder if he would have wanted to bring her along, if at all possible, hence the comment he made.

And last but not least, we find out the exact reasons for Byakuya's actions, and Rukia is actually his sister-in-law. When you think about it, doesn't that mean she was already related to him and the objections he got when taking her in were moot? Although I suppose he couldn't do it like that since he promised not to reveal she was Hisana's sister. However, he did break that part of the promise in the end. But she deserved to know ofcourse.

Hisana's death (by illness I believe?) made me wonder, what exactly is Soul Society? People die and go to SS, but once there they can die again? I could understand if it were by violent means (like due to hollows) but I don't really understand why many live there under miserable conditions, can get ill, etc.
Old 2005-12-21, 12:57   Link #53
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-21, 13:00   Link #54
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Definately some interesting things happened in this episode...

The three baddies escape due to Menos interference, and we see an unexpected reaction from Gin towards Rangiku. I wonder if he would have wanted to bring her along, if at all possible, hence the comment he made.
I'm sure Gin wants to take Rangiku along. They looks like a poor couple tore apart .

Quote:
And last but not least, we find out the exact reasons for Byakuya's actions, and Rukia is actually his sister-in-law. When you think about it, doesn't that mean she was already related to him and the objections he got when taking her in were moot? Although I suppose he couldn't do it like that since he promised not to reveal she was Hisana's sister. However, he did break that part of the promise in the end. But she deserved to know ofcourse.
Rukia was the "unoffical" sister-in-law. Remember that Hisana abandon Rukia. So it means that the relationship cannot go above the table.(Even though Rukia knew about it long time ago) Therefore, the opposition voices from the Kuchiki family sounds rather reasonable.

Quote:
Hisana's death (by illness I believe?) made me wonder, what exactly is Soul Society? People die and go to SS, but once there they can die again? I could understand if it were by violent means (like due to hollows) but I don't really understand why many live there under miserable conditions, can get ill, etc.
Yeah, that is one part I dun understand. People die, they go SS. Souls in SS dies, where they go?

And can souls reproduce? I remember Rangiku asked Gin "what do you want to do about the baby" or something like that. If souls can reproduce, then even if the Quincys finish all the hollow, there will still be enough souls to replace those died on the world. Wouldn't that make the elimination of Qunicys redundant?
Old 2005-12-21, 14:20   Link #55
Uruz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
hmm......i don't think so.......cause Aizen was waiting to get that thing out of Rukia before trying to fuse with a hollow so that he would keep his sanity.
He wants the Hougyoku for his hollow-shinigami creations. He talked about how he couldn't make good or "perfect" hybrids. I thought that was clear. So far in the anime, there's been nothing said about exactly what Aizen is....only about what he wants to do (at least just one aspect of it). As for speculation about what he is, well...I read manga so I won't say anything
Old 2005-12-21, 14:34   Link #56
Vicke

Wow alot of stuff happend in this episode, it gave alot of answers but also raised alot of questions. Aizen's divine rise to hollow heaven with the holy grail in his hand was fantastic This ep made me wonder if there is organized structures in Hollow world and not just chaos like I assumed it was.
Also is SS arc finished with this episode?
Old 2005-12-21, 14:39   Link #57
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Am I the only one who wants to see someone actually die? I mean c’mon…This everyone just miraculously surviving thing is getting kinda stale.

Good ep though.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2005-12-21, 14:53   Link #58
Vicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Am I the only one who wants to see someone actually die? I mean c’mon…This everyone just miraculously surviving thing is getting kinda stale.

Good ep though.
No your not the only one. Else it seem like anyone could take any kind of fatal attack and still live, no matter how powerful it was. The only ones we seen die is probably Mayuri's human test dolls
Old 2005-12-21, 15:21   Link #59
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruz7
He wants the Hougyoku for his hollow-shinigami creations. He talked about how he couldn't make good or "perfect" hybrids. I thought that was clear. So far in the anime, there's been nothing said about exactly what Aizen is....only about what he wants to do (at least just one aspect of it). As for speculation about what he is, well...I read manga so I won't say anything
wait a sec.....so Aizen is NOT planning on using the Hougyoku on himself? (and maybe gin and tousen).....i thought that was the whole point! So that "you can have limitless power and ability"
Old 2005-12-21, 15:52   Link #60
kboykb

Another sweet ep - bleach is perfect for me.. Something that people seem to be missing is Ukitake and Aizen.. It seems like they have some sort of past together.

Gin is cool now - I loved that expression when he said sorry.. he actually looked.. sad? Kinda like "I'm sorry baby, this is just something I gotta do.. I'll be back soon".

Good stuff all around though, sucks about the 3 week thing.
Closed Thread