AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 16:12   Link #621
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingShinobi View Post
Very possible, Deidara went up against Itachi. Reckon they have to test you before you join. Would just love it if they showed a flash back of the all-mighty Itachi having his ass handed to him!!
i doubt he fought itachi, they only faught deidara because he didn't want to join.

i hope the manga ends after akatsuki arc, if it continues and stronger enemies appear when akatsuki members alone have the power to match a country it would be like DBZ which would suck. if they manage to beat the leader or madara it would already mean defeating the kages (tsunade sucks, kazakages got owned like 3 times already)
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 16:31   Link #622
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
That happens and we won't see at least half the fights .
Sasuke's team will win unless Naruto cannot keep the Kyuubi in check.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 16:36   Link #623
quater
Kazekage Q

The Akatsuki seems kinda screwed. There are two different large squads out looking for them and they seem to be losing members left and right. SO I am going to go with the theory that a new larger organization will soon surface.
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 17:06   Link #624
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
I just realized, a few people here think that Akatsuki marks the end.
My answer is "No way...". Come on, it may be over with Sasuke's part in the story, but Naruto is just begining. We still know nothing about Naruto, not his origins, his parents, the reson Yondaime sealed the Kyuubi in him, Naruto's true power. I think that this is only half of the story. You can't just start a new series and finish it with the same antagonists from the start.
If anything, there will be a new enemy, perhaps more powerful then anything. There are still a lot of mysteries, for example, the whole part about chakra is not explained, or some of the other characters.
I'm sure Naruto will go on for another 5-6 years, at least.
Akatsuki is directly involving themselves with Kyuubi and Naruto by extension, in other words, it's very likely that many of Naruto's secrets, especially the one's concerning kyuubi, and naruto's "true power" are more than likely will be revealed before akatsuki is finished

In terms of the manga, Post-timeskip Naruto is all part of ONE series, its not a "new Series"... the only place its considered "new" is in the anime who only did it as a marketing gimmick
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 17:09   Link #625
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

No not really. There is the possibility that itachi will kill sasuke in the end, but overall it seems that the sasuke's grouping will probably be gradually be rubbed out by encounters with konoha nin. Kishi seems to have been setting this up, and in reality the members of sasuke's group seems to have a rival counterpart in the konoha group. For example, everyone expects a sakura/karin showdown which is interesting seeing as nobody expects sakura to be a seriously high level fighter, but everyone kinda expects karin to be fairly dangerous (despite being stupid). Again, there'll probably a juugo v kiba/shino run in (seeing as juugo apparently communicates with animals and kiba/shino utilize animals heavily). We expect huge things out of juugo him being a curse seal user and probably the person who can extract the most from it, but we really don't expect anything highly advanced from kiba/shino. Its odd. The group from konoha simply does not impress. But I do very much count on the the konoha nins to do much of the rubbing out of sasuke's group. The remaining akatsuki members seems to be reserved for characters in the plot that are of much greater importance seeing as the remaining members seem to truly be the cream of the akatsuki crop. I honestly don't expect to see a suigetsu kisame fight and if there's one it'll be pretty onesided (in favor of kisame); I say this because kisame seems to reserved for later confrontations with other characters.

As to akatsuki being ultimately destroyed and quite quickly, who knows. Like the leader said, some members are difficult to replace but others, others can be replaced quite easily. As long as Akatsuki has a leader, be it Tobi or Pein as the true one, it may continue to exist for a long time, though the arc may end with its existence being ambiguous. For some reason, I don't think zetsu will be killed. He's had plenty of chances to enter or intervene in a fight and he seems to prefer just sort of watching. If anyone from akatsuki will make it alive through it all, I'd put my money on zetsu being that guy.

What I wonder is if Naruto will fight Pein alone or will he have assistance from Kakashi and Yamato. I think if Pein reveals himself as the AL before the fight begins, kakashi and yamato won't allow naruto to fight alone, but if Pein doesn't reveal himself, naruto may get to fight alone. There of course the possibility that kakashi's battle experience may allow him to realize upon inspection that Pein is perhaps extremely dangerous and on a greater level than Orochimaru and then kakashi may intervene, but it'll be interesting to see just how far he'll let the fight go. More than likely though we'll be seeing a naruto/kakashi/yamato v pein fight, and I think we all know how that fight will boil down. Oohh how exciting the possibilities.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:16   Link #626
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

It's really hard to guess what will happen even to the slightest afetr the latest revelations of Madara=Tobi (I didnt like it at all, because Tobi was a joke of a character so far but it changes many things in the story).

Konoha team have spotted hebi team and some confrontation might happen.

Pein/pain is on a mission to get Naruto and this guy has never lost a battle (he probably kicked itachi to the ground too unless itachi realised he was the underdog beforehand).

Then we have Madara on the background giving orders..what will happen if Pain somehow loses to Naruto's team? he is supposed to be the strongest guy out there...if pein cant do it who can? Sasuke?

Then we have Kabuto as well..and im not sure how can this play out..he should be weaker than akatsuki level and acting on his own he is no major threat or isnt he?

Basically right now everything is too mixed up and we have to wait few chapters to see where kishimoto is going with all this...I would think it makes more sense for Naruto to lose to Pain rather than beat him so that there is some action involved saving him etc (akatsuki needing more days for the extraction because it's kyubi and not many members then hebi joins konoha and they save the day last minute etc - with some deaths on the way of course).
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:17   Link #627
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no Tate
But I do very much count on the the konoha nins to do much of the rubbing out of sasuke's group. The remaining akatsuki members seems to be reserved for characters in the plot that are of much greater importance seeing as the remaining members seem to truly be the cream of the akatsuki crop.
The Konoha nin will probably fight Team Hebi at some point and defeat some of the members, but they probably won't be "rubbed out" by them. No one in Team Hebi is evil enough to warrant being killed by anyone from Konoha, especially by the ex-rookies. I think it is a definite possibility that some of Hebi will be killed by Akatsuki though.

As for match-ups, that's a toss up. Pain and BH will probably have a couple of fights before they get to Naruto. Most Akatsuki kill/defeat a couple nobodies, have a "premiere" battle that they win, then have a final battle they lose. The only matches that seem to be a sure thing are Pain vs. Naruto, Itachi vs. Sasuke and Sasuke vs. Naruto IMO.

Kisame vs. Suigetsu also has a high chance. That's kind of why Suigetsu's in the group. He wants to claim Kisame's sword.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:33   Link #628
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The Konoha nin will probably fight Team Hebi at some point and defeat some of the members, but they probably won't be "rubbed out" by them. No one in Team Hebi is evil enough to warrant being killed by anyone from Konoha, especially by the ex-rookies. I think it is a definite possibility that some of Hebi will be killed by Akatsuki though.

As for match-ups, that's a toss up. Pain and BH will probably have a couple of fights before they get to Naruto. Most Akatsuki kill/defeat a couple nobodies, have a "premiere" battle that they win, then have a final battle they lose. The only matches that seem to be a sure thing are Pain vs. Naruto, Itachi vs. Sasuke and Sasuke vs. Naruto IMO.

Kisame vs. Suigetsu also has a high chance. That's kind of why Suigetsu's in the group. He wants to claim Kisame's sword.
Who says konoha nin only kill those who are evil? Chouji and neji in the past killed opponents that wouldn't be deemed as "evil". In a fight, you fight, often to the death. You make these konoha nin too pure.

The suigetsu thing, will probably happen, but I see that fight being very one sided. Kisame is just too important and besides he has a longer running relationship with gai, which is what really throws me off. I always wondered why gai and neji aren't on this trip seeing as they have more history with akatsuki than say hinata; IMO I figured gai would be begging for a chance to not only fight alongside his old buddy kakashi but to even upstage him. And finally for a group that size with so many chuunin, I think one more jounin would be needed anyway especially since yamato is basically tied with a rope and chain to naruto.

As for kabuto, i doubt we'll see him until after a sasuke v itachi encounter. Kabuto right now doesn't have much to do with akatsuki in terms of dealing nor really konoha. Sasuke for revenge maybe and oro's desire to steal his body, but what more could be driving kabuto? Nothing. So it wouldn't make sense to see him sticking his nose in say naruto's business.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:09   Link #629
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
The suigetsu thing, will probably happen, but I see that fight being very one sided. Kisame is just too important and besides he has a longer running relationship with gai, which is what really throws me off. I always wondered why gai and neji aren't on this trip seeing as they have more history with akatsuki than say hinata; IMO I figured gai would be begging for a chance to not only fight alongside his old buddy kakashi but to even upstage him. And finally for a group that size with so many chuunin, I think one more jounin would be needed anyway especially since yamato is basically tied with a rope and chain to naruto.
I doubt it... Kisame is important, however his fate is more or less tied to Itachi... he will most likely die Either at the same time or right before Itachi's final battle, and Itachi's final battle is pretty much destinied to be against Sasuke. With Suigestu being Sasuke's teammate that means that while the final battle of Itachi vs Sasuke is going on the battle between Suigestu and Kisame can go on at about the same time if not right before. Suigestu VS Kisame with Suigestu probably being the winner and Kisame being killed off.

As for Gai, remember, he has about as much connection to Kisame as Kakashi has a connection to Itachi, and you know Itachi vs Sasuke(and most probably Sasuke winning) is inevitable... Heh, even if Gai VS Kisame did happen, i would bet that it was just to put a rest between the two of them and Kisame would be the winner just to save him to be taken down by Suigestu... afterall, despite their run in together, Gai keeps forgeting Kisame; meaning the rivalry between the two is rather one sided

And the main reason for Hinata's team to be there instead of Gai's is because Gai's team specializes in offence, where as Hinata's team specializes in scouting and tracking, both of which are nessasary for tracking down Sasuke... no matter how much Gai might insist, Hinata's team is more needed... had they brought Gai's team instead, they wouldn't even be close to finding Sasuke, seeing as Kiba is the one who picked up the scent and that hinata will be able to see him once he's remotely nearby... Naruto's whole gang would just be rather lost
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 20:39   Link #630
carb

btw did anyone notice the comment of kisame? he says "with your little bro killed, you're now the SOLE member of the uchiha clan". If i remember correctly, tobi is an uchiha.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 20:41   Link #631
Da_truth

Kisame dosen't know about Tobi/Madara
Da_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 21:05   Link #632
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Who says konoha nin only kill those who are evil? Chouji and neji in the past killed opponents that wouldn't be deemed as "evil". In a fight, you fight, often to the death. You make these konoha nin too pure.
I think, it is safe to say that, the ones that Chouji and the others fought were within the border of evil. They were not the kind of people who would mind killing anyone even if it aims only their enjoyment.

And, Konoha nins have always (or to make it safe, usually) tried to act in a way to avoid killing if possible, as long as they can prevent the threat. For non-evil opponents, who also wouldn't want to kill if possible, that is a possibility. For evil opponents, such as Akatsuki members, who won't stop until they finish their killing game, that is not possible.

That is the difference between both cases.

Quote:
I always wondered why gai and neji aren't on this trip seeing as they have more history with akatsuki than say hinata; IMO I figured gai would be begging for a chance to not only fight alongside his old buddy kakashi but to even upstage him.
The ex-genins are acting in teams of three, and, the only team that has a great sense of tracking is Kurenai's team - remember, their first mission is to track. Gai's team can be considered as worse than Kakashi's team, as Kakashi can use his summons to gain more advantage compared to Neji, who is by himself. So, it is pretty logical, why Kurenai's team is selected for that.

Quote:
And finally for a group that size with so many chuunin, I think one more jounin would be needed anyway especially since yamato is basically tied with a rope and chain to naruto.
Not exactly. Yamato is only there for insurance. During the last fight, he didn't need to use his Kyuubi-related powers to control Naruto. And, if you exclude his duty regarding that, he is a pretty useful ninja, intelligent and has great strength both defensively and offensively, which is what Naruto needed the most. And, he knows Naruto the most after Kakashi.

Quote:
As for kabuto, i doubt we'll see him until after a sasuke v itachi encounter. Kabuto right now doesn't have much to do with akatsuki in terms of dealing nor really konoha.
As a fan, I would like to see Sasuke fight Itachi without Oro inside of him. I don't know about Kishi's thoughts on that, but, I think, it wouldn't be illogical to consider Sasuke fighting Itachi after Kabuto extracted Oro from him. Maybe Oro's body will somehow attract Oro's soul (with some help from Kabuto, who may have discovered a few other things in addition to Oro's remainings regarding Oro's spirit transfer technique and how to somehow reverse it) in a way that we cannot think of right now.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 22:44   Link #633
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
As a fan, I would like to see Sasuke fight Itachi without Oro inside of him. I don't know about Kishi's thoughts on that, but, I think, it wouldn't be illogical to consider Sasuke fighting Itachi after Kabuto extracted Oro from him. Maybe Oro's body will somehow attract Oro's soul (with some help from Kabuto, who may have discovered a few other things in addition to Oro's remainings regarding Oro's spirit transfer technique and how to somehow reverse it) in a way that we cannot think of right now.
Considering Kishi's writing during timeskip, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto and co finds a dead Kabuto in the next few chapters and have some "easy-way-out" explanation of how Kabuto died and will never come back for the sake of introducing another sharingan user or to redirect the focus on the Uchihas again.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 01:21   Link #634
Rahan

Quote:
I think, it is safe to say that, the ones that Chouji and the others fought were within the border of evil. They were not the kind of people who would mind killing anyone even if it aims only their enjoyment.
Well, according to Kisame, Suigetsu isn't exactly a nice person, and he has always already been shown using violent ways to interrogate. Karin is a willing Orochimaru collaborator and it's only a matter of time before Juugo goes on a rampage with Hebi's blessing.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 02:13   Link #635
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Well, according to Kisame, Suigetsu isn't exactly a nice person, and he has always already been shown using violent ways to interrogate. Karin is a willing Orochimaru collaborator and it's only a matter of time before Juugo goes on a rampage with Hebi's blessing.
I think Suigetsu intentionally exaggerates his evil mood, don't know why, maybe he assumes he can show his worth using this way, better. And, he seems to follow Sasuke in a rational way. Juugo is definitely someone that doesn't want to hurt others, when he can control his urges, something that he doesn't desire. And, what kind of sick person would like to communicate with animals. I don't know what kind of reasons Karin did have that make her work for Oro. It will become clear what her real personality is like when we see more from her against a Konoha ninja (I guess, it would be her love rival, Sakura). Until then, she will stay in the waiting list.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 03:06   Link #636
Rahan

Quote:
I think Suigetsu intentionally exaggerates his evil mood, don't know why, maybe he assumes he can show his worth using this way, better. And, he seems to follow Sasuke in a rational way. Juugo is definitely someone that doesn't want to hurt others, when he can control his urges, something that he doesn't desire. And, what kind of sick person would like to communicate with animals. I don't know what kind of reasons Karin did have that make her work for Oro. It will become clear what her real personality is like when we see more from her against a Konoha ninja (I guess, it would be her love rival, Sakura). Until then, she will stay in the waiting list.
I agree that Juugo is not a bad person, but it's obvious he'll go on a rampage and will have to be stopped. And the ones trying to do so won't be Team Hebi.
For the other two, it's indeed hard to tell for sure now, but the odds are largely against them.

Anyways, neither Haku and Kimmimaro (contrary to his teammates) were really evil and they still died.
Old 2007-07-31, 03:24   Link #637
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb View Post
btw did anyone notice the comment of kisame? he says "with your little bro killed, you're now the SOLE member of the uchiha clan". If i remember correctly, tobi is an uchiha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_truth View Post
Kisame dosen't know about Tobi/Madara
Indeed. It has to be remembered that Kisame is only familiar with Itachi's past through reputation and what Itachi lets him know, which is likely very little considering Kisame was not aware of Sasuke until the encounter in the hallway.

He was under the impression that the Uchiha clan was completely massacred bit Itachi's hand. As far as he knew Itachi was the only suriving Uchiha and the only other Sharingan user was Kakashi who Kisame would have been aware of through reputation.

Actually that scene between Itachi and Kisame in this chapter was a prelude to the introduction to Tobi as another Uchiha. Itachi is aware that he and Sasuke are not the only ones. He spoke of a 3rd person who could acquire the Mangekyo Sharingan (not referring to Kakashi) and when it is suggested by Kakashi that he is the last he not only lets him know that Sasuke is not dead but saids "Besides....", as if to hint that he would not be last even if he was dead.

He then changes the subject to the storm passing. There seems to be alot on Itachi's mind. Tobi and Itachi do not seem to be on the same side, considering that Tobi is eager to see Sasuke surpass Itachi. Perhaps they are in competition with each other towards a similar goal.

Whether or not Itachi knows that Tobi is pulling the strings behind Akatsuki remains to be seen. He complimented Pain as if he were the legitimate Leader, while Tobi treats Pain like a puppet (Pain has a rather docile look in Tobi's presence, contrary to the commanding manner he has with his Akatsuki teammates).

In the next few chapters I expect them to focus on Naruto and Co. approaching Sasuke. It seems that Pain has been assigned to capture Naruto so that too should be a part of the next arc.
Old 2007-07-31, 03:46   Link #638
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I hope that something about Narutoīs past will be revealed, when Pain opposes him. Someone in this thread has already mentioned that Pain could be a clone of the Fourth....I donīt want to agree with that theory, but somehow it feels like Painīs and Narutoīs stories are connected somehow...
Old 2007-07-31, 05:39   Link #639
Siege

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I hope that something about Narutoīs past will be revealed, when Pain opposes him. Someone in this thread has already mentioned that Pain could be a clone of the Fourth....I donīt want to agree with that theory, but somehow it feels like Painīs and Narutoīs stories are connected somehow...
i'm not one for wild speculation untill i've seen a spoiler but i alsoget the feeling theres more to pain and naruto's relationship than just Hunter vs Hunted

Also i know this can vary on which transulation is read (THE FOLLOWING SPECULATION IS BASED ON THE NARUTOBUZZ TRANS)

TOBI - the Sharingans true power, My Power,Uchiha Madara's Power!.

Now I'm Usually Wrong but My English Degree won't allow me to walk away from this as alot of people seem to be gravitating to the fact that this is tobi's identity Confession,i don't belive this to be the case.

I believe he's saying he has the same power as madara but he's not confessing his idenity please note that the way Madara is said he's trying to say he has madara's power in so much the same far developed abilities but that he is not madara it's merely a comparison
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:48   Link #640
Rahan

About the time-space ninjutsu which created quite a discussion.

chapter 92 page 13, Jiraiya : "Yeah ! you sign a contract in blood with various life forms and calls them forth with ninjutsu when needed. It's one type of space-time ninjutsu"

So the space-time ninjutsu Suigetsu was talking about was just good old Kuchiyose. There was nothing more to it.