AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 21:28   Link #61
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
@LKK: love your sig! 8Dbb
Thanks! Official web sites are a great source for sig material. (Especially when the raw I had was so washed out looking.)

Edit: Oh wow. I just watched the first episode. There was a different OP from the one I have in raw form. I wasn't expecting the real OP to be used until the second episode. I wonder why and when they changed the intro for the first ep? Curious. But I'm glad they changed it because the OP I saw before was nothing special at all.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-10-12 at 22:03.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 22:35   Link #62
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Edit: Oh wow. I just watched the first episode. There was a different OP from the one I have in raw form. I wasn't expecting the real OP to be used until the second episode. I wonder why and when they changed the intro for the first ep? Curious. But I'm glad they changed it because the OP I saw before was nothing special at all.
I noticed that too! I wonder if the second ep is already out and the subs group just stitched it into the first subbed ep?

But did you catch the dark haired bishie in the OP? Gah! I'm all on my edge for this series and Kuroshitsuji. Whoo! :

EDIT: Seems like there's a manga that was created with the anime too. They're doing it like Ghost Hunt, where the original started with light novels then came the anime and the manga versions.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-10-12 at 22:52.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 22:44   Link #63
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
All those sparkle...............it hurts my eye.

But i am a sucker for bishies so i ain't going to stay off from this show
Me too..

Just watched the first episode and Edgar is the story isn't that bad the fairies were cute
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 23:04   Link #64
Yushi

The opening is so cute! ^_^ It's sooo rare these days to find an anime with a non-loser/wimpy male lead and a non freak'ishly huge chested/pippy/hyper or tsundere female lead.
Sad how this 'traditional shoujo' seems so fresh and different nowadays.
I like fairies, I like bishies and I like cute girl leads~ Yay! *cheers*
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 00:53   Link #65
Ash Falls Town

Wow I wasn't expecting Edgar to be such a scary antagonistic guy. It feels like he could charm someone to their deaths. It'll be interesting to see how he'll end up.

Although parts of the episode seemed a bit rushed so I hope the pace might become more even later on.
I think I have to disagree on Lydia though since I think she acts like a tsundere. However I like her inspite of this since acting tsuntsun is probably the best defence she could have against Edgar at least while he's still very dangerous.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 00:58   Link #66
bobo_vivi

omg i just watched it with subs man edgar is hot lol but lydia is soo pretty i wonder how it will turn out does anyone know how long the series gonna be, cus i heard it was only 13 ep?? also i really want to read the manga version now does anyone any sites that have the manga?
bobo_vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 08:01   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The wait for a sub paid off. I just loved that first episode --- a nice set up for things to come, with a lovely musical score and character designs.

i just love Lydia. Such a beautiful character design, especially her hair. Can't wait to see her in more Victorian outfits. Edgar just makes me laugh. The man's so over the top with his attitude, though so cool at the same time.

Hope we see more settings like Lydia's house area in Edinburgh.
Old 2008-10-13, 14:31   Link #68
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I laughed when Edgar told Lydia to "Smile for me". The word 'narcissist' popped into my head...and so does a certain narcissist.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-10-13, 17:39   Link #69
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I laughed when Edgar told Lydia to "Smile for me". The word 'narcissist' popped into my head...and so does a certain narcissist.

Oh my....Im in love with Edgar's voice. Midorikawa you so rock my world!

Also Nico kinda freaks me out
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:09   Link #70
ZODDGUTS

What's Lydia's hair color again? Remember it was mentioned she had caramel colored, but it looks to me she has red hair color with green eyes something I think is typically seen in scott/ireland. Do British look down towards people that have that look? I remember hearing that somewhere that they do that, guess that explains why she was Lydia was looked down because of her scott/ireland features.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:43   Link #71
LKK

Quote:
But did you catch the dark haired bishie in the OP? Gah! I'm all on my edge for this series and Kuroshitsuji. Whoo! :
Do you mean this guy?

I saw him on the web site. He's the one I was talking about over at Bishi licious when I said that you'll need to do a second entry for Earl and Fairy. I'm looking forward to his appearance in the series.

Quote:
Edgar is certainly aware of himself and his affect on others, isn't he? But I couldn't imagine that other narcissist ever saying "Smile for me." Nope, no way.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-13, 18:58   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just waiting for the Koyasu character to make his appearance. Hope it's not that far away.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:36   Link #73
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Oh my....Im in love with Edgar's voice. Midorikawa you so rock my world!

Also Nico kinda freaks me out
I so agree with you. Edgar's voice is freaking hot! I've never really paid attention to who the seiyuu are but ever since I've encountered a certain seiyuu-crazed bun...I've been paying a bit more attention. Dang, you're infectious for a manju bun. =P

I love Nico. He's such a character! 8Dbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Do you mean this guy?

I saw him on the web site. He's the one I was talking about over at Bishi licious when I said that you'll need to do a second entry for Earl and Fairy. I'm looking forward to his appearance in the series.

Edgar is certainly aware of himself and his affect on others, isn't he? But I couldn't imagine that other narcissist ever saying "Smile for me." Nope, no way.
YEAH! THAT'S HIM! I figured he was the one you were hinting at. We have similar bishie taste. I have a feeling I'm going to be making more than one post for both HtY and Kuro over at Bishielicious.

No, I wouldn't imagine Naru saying "Smile for me". (GAH! I would die twice if he ever does say that. ). No, it's the [over] self-confidance that reminds me of Naru. Yes, Edgar is certainly aware of his affect on others - usually con men are - not saying that Edgar is a con man but right now he is certainly playing that part.

It's sad that this series will only be 12 or 13 episodes. D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-10-13, 19:38   Link #74
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yay the subs are out, thanks you m.3.3.w.! Anyway, I was wondering why there was a different opening for the subbed episode vs the raw, maybe since the first episode was shown early they changed the opening so they wouldn't give away too much? I thought it was because they have no preview for the next episode and this was going to be how they would do it. In any case, thanks again to the subbers, that episode made a lot more sense with the subtitles than without.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 20:17   Link #75
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
What's Lydia's hair color again? Remember it was mentioned she had caramel colored, but it looks to me she has red hair color with green eyes something I think is typically seen in scott/ireland. Do British look down towards people that have that look? I remember hearing that somewhere that they do that, guess that explains why she was Lydia was looked down because of her scott/ireland features.
Historically, there was always bad blood between the Brits and the Scots. But I doubt the fact that Lydia has red-colored hair ("rust" and "caramel" colored are the 2 descriptions used in episode 1) would be cause enough for the others to look down on her. Queen Elizabeth I was a red-head. So it's not unheard of for Brits to have red hair.

However, on the other hand, assuming that Lydia was born and raised in Scotland, it's likely that she has a Scottish accent. A Scottish accent might be enough for the other members of the dinner party to look down on her if they are British.

However, on the third hand, Scotland and all things Scottish were very "in" during the Victorian era. This is because Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert loved the Scottish countryside. They were the ones who turned Balmoral Castle located in the Scottish highlands into the royal summer retreat. Balmoral Castle was their favorite home of all their residences. The queen and her consort often dressed in Royal Stewart tartan. Their private quarters were decorated in tartan. While in residence at Balmoral, they were awakened every morning by a bagpiper's playing. (I believe the tradition continues to this day.) The royals' love of all things Scottish trickled down to the rest of the aristocracy as these things tend to do. So maybe the dinner party wasn't looking down on Lydia because of her Scottish heritage at all but because of her less than upper crust dinner skills and because of her belief in fairies.

Of course, we're assuming the dinner party consisted mainly of British aristocrats. If they were Scottish aristocrats, then Lydia's heritage would not be much of an issue at all.

(Bet you didn't know I had 3 hands, didya? )

Old 2008-10-13, 21:32   Link #76
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I loved the raw, and I loved it even more when I get to watch it subbed xD And yay to non-recycled scened OP! xD Hehe. I wonder what the ED will be like

Question: When is this series really regularly aired? I read some say Sunday, then some say Tuesday . . . I'm confused x_x

Last edited by sapphire-pyro; 2008-10-14 at 00:01. Reason: typed "Monday" but actually meant "Tuesday"
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:39   Link #77
kle891

I think its every Wednesday.
kle891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 23:01   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
...Question: When is this series really regularly aired? I read some say Sunday, then some say Monday . . . I'm confused x_x
It's actually Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, at 1:15am (and on another channel in another part of the country, at 1:30am). That info comes straight from the official website.

Just for fun, here's the full listing of times on various stations in various parts of Japan:
● TV Aichi, starting 09 Oct, Thursdays 26:28~26:58 (i.e., 2:28 am Wednesday)
● Chiba TV, starting 07 Oct, Tuesdays 25:15-25:45
● TV Kannagawa, starting 08 Oct, Wednesdays 25:15-25:45
● TV Saitama, starting 07 Oct, Tuesdays 25:30-26:00
● Sun TV, starting 09 Oct, Thursdays 26:10-26:40
● KBS Kyoto, starting 09 Oct, Thursdays 26:00-26:30
● AT-X satellite TV, starting 10 Oct, as part of AT-X Anime Girls' Club
Fridays at 10am and 9pm, Tuesdays at 2pm and midnight (repeat)

The first episode was shown as a preview on Sunday 28 Sept, so that's probably where the idea that it was on Sunday came from.

I've got a weekly calendar of all shows here. The times shown are the first time an episode is carried on any channel in any part of the country. That's usually the broadcast that the first raws show up from. I'd expect to see ep2 of this show sometime tomorrow (Tuesday) in North America, late Tuesday night in Europe, early Wednesday morning in SE Asia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:05   Link #79
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Thanks kle891 Thanks Kaoru Chujo for the info So it's early Wednesday morning in my timezone. I see
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 07:39   Link #80
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Shoujo set in Victorian setting with much of the Artland staff that worked on Bokura ga Ita. That's all I knew, so my expectations were for something that was a mix of Victorian Romance Emma and Bokura ga Ita. Boy was I wrong.

It's hard to do a proper judgement when one's expectations are so completely misaligned, so I won't say too much except that I wasn't terribly impressed. But there are two things in particular that I didn't like and I think I can safely assume that I can make comments on them independent of expectation. The first is the dialogue. It's awful. "There's no need to kill anyone over such a trifling matter." Puu-leease. The second is the fairly contrived premise. Fairies, earls and inherited islands. Isn't it all just an excuse for these two to go on an adventure together. I can see the premise being quickly relegated to "plot device" status.

Holy crap, Nana Mizuki is in everything lately... almost. I don't know what it is, but when you notice a certain seiyuu and hear them this often, they grow on you. Last year it was Inoue Marina, earlier this year it was Koshimizu Ami. Now it's Nana Mizuki. Even if I don't end up liking this (and I'm really not sure I will at this stage) I'll continue watching this just for her. Recent trends suggest that when she plays characters with orange hair, the anime is good. And by recent trends, I mean one anime.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo