AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 08:07   Link #381
Gambino009
Phantom

Eri also mentioned Harima was just like her father during the kyoto arc

this father business sounds kinda lame though, he's a damn delinquent not a father figure.

and as for Eri caring what others think, I mean every time her friends come around a Flag moment she denies everything because she's embarrassed.. perhaps now she's able to take Akira's camera straight in the face

I'm praying the next chapter also has Eri and the same time line. If we get another parody chapter we might be doomed to wait another month
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 08:10   Link #382
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
I'm praying the next chapter also has Eri and the same time line. If we get another parody chapter we might be doomed to wait another month
Im praying, too.

KJ, dont let us down..~
Old 2009-01-22, 10:17   Link #383
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Let's recap, then, shall we?

Chapter 4:
Flashback to the olden days, when the crew was in middle school. Kenji meets the Tsukamoto sisters quite by accident and plays with them, back when they're a lot different and Yakumo still is mean to Tenma..... Kenji slaps her and Tenma body slams him..... shows us an early connection between them, that might have something to do with future events.

Chapter 5:
The opposite - a future shot. The crew are all grown up, with Hanai and others involved in all kinds of city politics and such. The important part is this: Eri and Yakumo are still looking for Kenji - reports of Kenji sightings at Heathrow Airport. Yakumo is still doing manga, so she's obviously still thinking about him, and Eri became a stewardess to look for him.

Chapter 6:
Present chapter - seems like it happened right after the end of Sangakki in the manga. Shortly after the false engagement. And Yakumo is still around. And Eri is still jealous. Seems like she made her real feelings happen.

If we put this in order with the end of the manga, we have:

Kenji and Eri's fake engagement.
Kenji asks Eri for money and Eri tries to coerce him into liking her.
Kenji leaves Japan.
They all meet up in Japan again years later for Karasuma's sake at Tenma's request.
Further in the future, Eri and Yakumo still thinking about Kenji, looking for him.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 11:24   Link #384
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Kenji leaves Japan.
They all meet up in Japan again years later for Karasuma's sake at Tenma's request.
Further in the future, Eri and Yakumo still thinking about Kenji, looking for him.
Mh ok thats very interesting. Very well done, lonewolf.

Yakumo, Eri and Kenji. Love for their lives, huh?

Great thing.
Old 2009-01-22, 11:33   Link #385
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

And even better thing....... no Tenma!
Old 2009-01-22, 11:38   Link #386
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Kenji leaves Japan.

PS: A lot of gap-filling to do, the places in need of which are indicated by a space.... just wanted to point that out.
Old 2009-01-22, 14:10   Link #387
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
And even better thing....... no Tenma!
HURRAY!!!

Finally KJ is focusing on the MOAR popular girls on School Rumble. Harima, Yakumo and Eri pairing's and misunderstandings are the best!

PLEASE MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER CANON TO SCHOOL RUMBLE!!! NO PARODIES PLEASE!!!
Old 2009-01-22, 15:14   Link #388
Gambino009
Phantom

I was reading some interesting theories from another board.

One of the fellas mentioned about Harima not wanting to marry into a rich family because he wanted to be free. Eri wanted to marry Harima because... you know, it would solve a lot of family problems.. but that wasn't the real reason, she of course harbors great feelings for our bearded delinquent. So he concluded saying that Harima is aware that Eri wants to marry him but is Eri aware that Harima wants to be free? So some one said, perhaps Eri might figure that out and try to come up with a way to be with him and not bound him to the ground.

The future episode shows that Eri is still single.. which is kinda weird considering that by now her family would have married her off to some one. And she's working independently as a stewardess

What we don't know is why Harima left of course, and when he did.. what did he tell Eri that made her determined to look for him. Still I'm guessing that it has something to do with freedom

But then.. what about Yakumo? How does she fit into this story x_x

btw we're through with Tenma right?
Old 2009-01-22, 18:10   Link #389
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
lol, a sniff of main story and BAM the thirst for spoilers is back again xD

Quote:
So he concluded saying that Harima is aware that Eri wants to marry him but is Eri aware that Harima wants to be free? So some one said, perhaps Eri might figure that out and try to come up with a way to be with him and not bound him to the ground.
I don't really think it's a problem at all. I don't see any conflict there ^^

True, Harima needs his freedom, but he yearns far more for being loved. He showed that multipel times in the series now.
He might just be a husband who needs independance, but not to anextreme level.
It's obvious why he would rather run then marry Eri in that chapter xD He just said goodbye to his long term crush ... and isn't in love with her.

Quote:
The future episode shows that Eri is still single.. which is kinda weird considering that by now her family would have married her off to some one. And she's working independently as a stewardess
She already pointed out, that she isn't that important for the Sawachikan family (#281 according to Townsocks translation), she just needs a valid reason to make them give up.
So it could be that the family matters have already been sorted out before Harima left. I think by 'degrading herself' with the fake engangement - not obeying and choosing a man without any name or status - her importance in the family decreased and she's free of her family's wishes and free to do what she wants.

That's all speculation, since the future chapter still seems a little too bizarre for me.

Quote:
What we don't know is why Harima left of course, and when he did.. what did he tell Eri that made her determined to look for him. Still I'm guessing that it has something to do with freedom
When he left:
Not too long after the engagement is my guess. In #283 it's mentioned that only 10 chapters of his manga series were published. So my guess is he quit the manga at the same time he decided to go. So I'd say about 10 weeks. I don't really think he finished the 3rd year ^^

To why:
I don't think it has much to do with freedom. Of course he must have enjoined to go whereever, whenever, but he said himself in #282, he's traveling to improve himself as a man and an artist. Sure he might be lying, but then I'd say he might be running from something. If it's either fleeing or soul searching, the interestng thing is: He isn't leaving directly after Tenma flies off.

Harima is impulsive when he reacts extreme like that...so ... did he realize after months, he's just not good and not able to change, to improve? Or did he have another reaon, which could be easily related to the main girls?
It also culd be something purely dull and silly of course....it's Harima after all .... and KJ behind him.

Quote:
But then.. what about Yakumo? How does she fit into this story x_x
She's the little sister like she's always been. IF (!) thinks continue futurish she'll be Kenji's friend like she's always been. Cosidering the "between you and me" from Eri in Z#05, she should also be Eri's rival, like she always been. But considering her reaction in the very same chapter, I'd hope she isn't all passive anymore. Harima is aware of Eri as a woman, but not really with Yakumo. If she doesn't change that she'll stay as a support for flag and comedic relief in between :/
But Yamo coming all out with her feelings, also has great potential for a lot of drama amd spice.

Quote:
btw we're through with Tenma right?
SHHHHT! Don't ask openly, she might interpret it as an invitation to take the main spot again! ;P

Of course ... al hypothesis, and all with the slight hope there is indeed a connection between all the chapters
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 19:54   Link #390
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
HURRAY!!!

Finally KJ is focusing on the MOAR popular girls on School Rumble. Harima, Yakumo and Eri pairing's and misunderstandings are the best!

PLEASE MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER CANON TO SCHOOL RUMBLE!!! NO PARODIES PLEASE!!!
Miko-Chin needs some love too even tho Eri x Yakumo x Harima is my fav.. I cant get over ...D ...D ...D ...D , so a little Imadori wouldnt hurt either, his antics are pure comedy.
lswift84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 19:59   Link #391
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I don't really think it's a problem at all. I don't see any conflict there ^^

True, Harima needs his freedom, but he yearns far more for being loved. He showed that multipel times in the series now.
He might just be a husband who needs independance, but not to anextreme level.
It's obvious why he would rather run then marry Eri in that chapter xD He just said goodbye to his long term crush ... and isn't in love with her.
Yeah, for the most part he's still recovering from that one girl. And he has done it pretty damn well since not one of those pages has him thinking about her (even though he does bring up Karusuma). Well for the most part this whole Harima comparing himself to the dragon on the game board and symbolizing his freedom, and then Eri ignoring everything on the board and going after the dragon.. was the only reason I pointed that possibility... but then again it wouldn't have mattered since like you said.. he isn't in love with anyone at the moment. Still though it always does help to know she still likes him =p

Quote:
She already pointed out, that she isn't that important for the Sawachikan family (#281 according to Townsocks translation), she just needs a valid reason to make them give up.
So it could be that the family matters have already been sorted out before Harima left. I think by 'degrading herself' with the fake engangement - not obeying and choosing a man without any name or status - her importance in the family decreased and she's free of her family's wishes and free to do what she wants.

That's all speculation, since the future chapter still seems a little too bizarre for me.
Considering that she's working or had been working for some time now does prove her shackles have been broken. She pursues Harima now, I wonder if there's any connection relevant towards his departure... like a key phrase or some thing only Harima would say to make her do all that work. Same for Yakumo, perhaps he asked her to continue working on his behalf or something related to manga. Assuming all of this is connected to the future chapter, there's still a possibility that it could have been a parody.

Quote:
To why:
I don't think it has much to do with freedom. Of course he must have enjoined to go whereever, whenever, but he said himself in #282, he's traveling to improve himself as a man and an artist. Sure he might be lying, but then I'd say he might be running from something. If it's either fleeing or soul searching, the interestng thing is: He isn't leaving directly after Tenma flies off.

Harima is impulsive when he reacts extreme like that...so ... did he realize after months, he's just not good and not able to change, to improve? Or did he have another reaon, which could be easily related to the main girls?
It also culd be something purely dull and silly of course....it's Harima after all .... and KJ behind him.
A lot of people are hoping it's related towards the POPULAR girls.. and not just some silly Harima affair XD. To improve himself.. would be kinda saying he's probably thinking of making another attempt at Tenma, and god forbid another disaster from occurring. Then again, to better himself could also open his eyes for new love.. and acknowledge Eri/Yakumo... needless to say that's what everyone's been wanting him to do from the beginning.

Quote:
She's the little sister like she's always been. IF (!) thinks continue futurish she'll be Kenji's friend like she's always been. Cosidering the "between you and me" from Eri in Z#05, she should also be Eri's rival, like she always been. But considering her reaction in the very same chapter, I'd hope she isn't all passive anymore. Harima is aware of Eri as a woman, but not really with Yakumo. If she doesn't change that she'll stay as a support for flag and comedic relief in between :/
But Yamo coming all out with her feelings, also has great potential for a lot of drama amd spice.
Based on what's happened through out school Rumble.. there's been a load of Eri/Harima moments... far too many not to take into account, and the moments shared with Yakumo were like you said.. Brotherly and supportive. Though Yakumo throughout the story seemed to focus more on understanding herself and her feelings... initially I didn't think her role would make it up to Harima's love interest... especially since Tenma would almost always be with her and things didn't turn out well when Harima was kicked out XD

That's really my two cents on the matter. People are tired of parodies.. and manga stories within manga story, they want answers... and comedy.. and perhaps a little drama... and while were at it.. another Hanai vs Kuuta wouldn't hurt
Old 2009-01-23, 02:05   Link #392
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji-san View Post
Aohige's spoiler was true.
Just to let you know, young padawan, in the last few years that I have been providing spoilers for various anime and manga, I have never posted a fake spoiler from unreliable sources.
Old 2009-01-23, 02:43   Link #393
Solafighter
Hige

Im your father, you know.

Jokes beside.

From all speculations and theories, i cant wait for the next chapter and finaly some scansubs of the 4th, 5th and 6th chapter.

About the scansubs, what about we ask around, if someone could take over the job of 1 chapter/month? Do you guys think, it would be worth to give it a try?
Old 2009-01-23, 07:25   Link #394
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

as long as there raws there will be scanlators.
Old 2009-01-23, 11:44   Link #395
Gambino009
Phantom

aohige tells the truth,

I saw some one quote his spoiler from two pages ago or so and used it on the spanish forum as the first reliable source for the chapter.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:36   Link #396
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Those are the reasons to translate 2ch's in english via google.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:21   Link #397
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Those are the reasons to translate 2ch's in english via google.
Via google? How do you catch the texts of the scans?
Old 2009-01-23, 15:31   Link #398
fuji-san

aohige: sorry, i'm noob in this forum and i don't know how are the things for here

Here are some pics of SRZ 4:

source: http://mxsnow.com/bbs/read.php?tid-20919.html
fuji-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 16:33   Link #399
Solafighter
Hige

Mh, interesting.

Thanks.
Old 2009-01-23, 17:41   Link #400
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Im your father, you know.

Jokes beside.

From all speculations and theories, i cant wait for the next chapter and finaly some scansubs of the 4th, 5th and 6th chapter.

About the scansubs, what about we ask around, if someone could take over the job of 1 chapter/month? Do you guys think, it would be worth to give it a try?
What happened to townsocks? any did they* just drop it or have they gone MIA

*Not sure if its a group or just one person.
lswift84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy