AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-22, 20:45   Link #3561
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
i'd also say Cid and Galk due to their experiences of fighting yoma and a AB would be able to understand a claymore.
Quote:
Rennir what's happening ? you have agreed with me twice
You made good points, points which I argued myself so unless I wanted to contradict myself, I had to agree . Besides, it's not like I'm out on a mission to disagree with everything you say .
________
Avandia lawsuits

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:32.
Old 2010-05-22, 22:01   Link #3562
evil_kenshin

true lol so claymores are more likely to get along with human warriors even more so those who fought with yoma or AB's. It makes sense and I agree on that point.

Perhaps even the falcon sword bandit (Teresa arc) would get along with a claymore like Ophelia lol i could imagine them slaying and torturing everyone together both were pretty messed up.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:15   Link #3563
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

A human would have 2 be a total nutcase 2 think that they could defeat Teresa in a fight. lol
Old 2010-05-22, 23:36   Link #3564
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
true lol so claymores are more likely to get along with human warriors even more so those who fought with yoma or AB's. It makes sense and I agree on that point.

Perhaps even the falcon sword bandit (Teresa arc) would get along with a claymore like Ophelia lol i could imagine them slaying and torturing everyone together both were pretty messed up.
Once again, I agree . I'm more interested by claymore x AB and even human xAB pairings though. Those would be very intriguing for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
A human would have 2 be a total nutcase 2 think that they could defeat Teresa in a fight. lol
The bandits were merely raiding the town Teresa was in. Not even they were stupid enough to challenge a claymore, even if they knew it was forbidden for them to kill humans.
________
Teen Cam

Old 2010-05-22, 23:39   Link #3565
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Once again, I agree . I'm more interested by claymore x AB and even human xAB pairings though. Those would be very intriguing for sure.

The bandits were merely raiding the town Teresa was in. Not even they were stupid enough to challenge a claymore, even if they knew it was forbidden for them to kill humans.
An AB/claymore hmm... alright how about Isley and Helen after all she did want 2 see what he looked liked!!
Old 2010-05-22, 23:46   Link #3566
evil_kenshin

Quote:
human x ab pairings would be interesting but the human would have to turn their back on humanity for it to happen (unless the AB only eats scumbags or condemned to death humans).

I wonder how many humans have ever gained the friendship of AB's. Isley implied Raki wasn't the first to gain Priscilla's liking but what he meant by that i'm not to sure since they are very likely still not alive lol (she probably ate them after getting bored )

Claymore x AB pairings are probably the hardest since claymores and AB's are pretty much polar opposites and the AB would try and convince their lover to awaken.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:50   Link #3567
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Okay let's move this to the 103 thread cause we're getting off topic
and 103 needs some stimulating anyways
________
HERBAL VAPORIZERS

Old 2010-05-22, 23:51   Link #3568
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Okay let's move this to the 103 thread cause we're getting off topic
and 103 needs some stimulating anyways
its more related to this thread than 103 though
Old 2010-05-22, 23:54   Link #3569
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Weeellll getting back 2 Raki... Who is going 2 be the dominate one in the Raki/Clare relationship.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:56   Link #3570
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Weeellll getting back 2 Raki... Who is going 2 be the dominate one in the Raki/Clare relationship.
Clare most likely considering both their personalities.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:58   Link #3571
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

raki's the one that follows and clare is the one that leads. XD lol nuthin' wrong with a guy like that.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:59   Link #3572
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Kenshin, I just noticed that your post contained raki in it as I was typing a response .
Quote:
An AB/claymore hmm... alright how about Isley and Helen after all she did want 2 see what he looked liked!!
Wait, she did? Lol what if their was a destroyer/Clare pairing . Although, procreative activites would be difficult between ABs and claymores.

Quote:
human x ab pairings would be interesting but the human would have to turn their back on humanity for it to happen (unless the AB only eats scumbags or condemned to death humans).

I wonder how many humans have ever gained the friendship of AB's. Isley implied Raki wasn't the first to gain Priscilla's liking but what he meant by that i'm not to sure since they are very likely still not alive lol (she probably ate them after getting bored )

Claymore x AB pairings are probably the hardest since claymores and AB's are pretty much polar opposites and the AB would try and convince their lover to awaken.
You never know, maybe ABs get lonely too . Since claymore is about showing humanity, then I would consider a pairing a possibility, however low it is. Yeah I deinitely feel that isley's words had another meaning to them, as in priscilla liked the humans and then ate them . She wouldve likely do the same to raki if she eventually lost control of her appetite and reverted to her awakened form.
________
Handjob femdom

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:33.
Old 2010-05-23, 00:13   Link #3573
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
raki's the one that follows and clare is the one that leads. XD lol nuthin' wrong with a guy like that.
Same here everybody knows its the woman that rules the house not the man.

Any smart man would think twice about going aginst the word of the woman.lol
Old 2010-05-23, 00:46   Link #3574
evil_kenshin

Quote:
You never know, maybe ABs get lonely too . Since claymore is about showing humanity, then I would consider a pairing a possibility, however low it is. Yeah I deinitely feel that isley's words had another meaning to them, as in priscilla liked the humans and then ate them . She wouldve likely do the same to raki if she eventually lost control of her appetite and reverted to her awakened form.
Yes i think most ab's do get lonely to a degree.

the 3 male AB's in the north after the timeskip (clarices crew fought and lost against) were joking around while fighting like friends (poking fun at each light heartedly) and one screamed the name of his comrade when the comrade died ("zalts") like seeing a friend die.

Riful and Duaf are an obvious example.

Isley despite his original comment of hating groups grew to like having Raki and Priscilla around.

Lucelia despite her selfish intentions truly was glad to see her sister alive and well.

So if AB's can have friends , family and lovers then certainly there's no reason why they can't have a human companion even if only as a "pet" .
Old 2010-05-23, 01:24   Link #3575
Nixl

Only a couple of hours before my flight, so maybe I can fit this in.

What character archetype do you all personally have for the Raki? I realize it may be strange, but it appears that is the reason for the divide between Raki haters and those that are fine with the character. I am also just generally curious. I feel the character at this point is not as set in stone compared to other established Claymore characters.

Personally, I reference back to my post about Raki following the archetype of Telemachus (essentially the development from whiny bitch to grown badass). At the base, I am thinking that Raki will be similar to a Greek tragic hero and a character that mainly follows his pathos . I know quite a few posters were annoyed by him crying as a male character, however in comparison to Achilles' reaction to the death of Patroculus it never really phased me at all. Achilles cries on a boat while letting his fellow Greeks die. He shapes up, kills a ton of Trojans before killing Hector and then drags his body around the walls of Troy for Hector's family to helplessly watch. (note I do believe destroying a body was also Greek taboo for that is what they would then look like in the afterlife)The reaction was out of passion and grief and not so much being a whiny character.

The error with my potential construction of the character is that I am applying Greek archetypes to a Japanese manga and that may fall flat upon its face. I know some who feel the character is a traditional shonen mary sue, but it remains to be seen whether that will become true. I am honestly less fluent on Japanese literary archetypes. Maybe Raki is already following a Japanese archetype, but I am either glossing over it or unaware of the archetype.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:29   Link #3576
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Only a couple of hours before my flight, so maybe I can fit this in.

What character archetype do you all personally have for the Raki? I realize it may be strange, but it appears that is the reason for the divide between Raki haters and those that are fine with the character. I am also just generally curious. I feel the character at this point is not as set in stone compared to other established Claymore characters.
Claymore doesn't really have archetypes like harem anime tend to. Each character has shown changing personalities that adapt to their experiences. Especially Raki due to the significant timeskip (7 years for a 12-14 year old boy is alot).
Old 2010-05-23, 21:10   Link #3577
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Clare's affection for Raki was more maternal when he was young. Now after the 7 years, Her affection will turn into more of romantic now that Raki is now a man.
Old 2010-05-23, 21:54   Link #3578
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Claymore doesn't really have archetypes like harem anime tend to..
To which I am extremely thankful for.

Quote:
Clare's affection for Raki was more maternal when he was young. Now after the 7 years, Her affection will turn into more of romantic now that Raki is now a man.
Their are of course, the 'classical' thinkers who say that their really was romance between them, to which I actually have no problem with either. For all the possible theories, the kiss is hard to think of as non-romantic.
Old 2010-05-23, 22:07   Link #3579
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Their are of course, the 'classical' thinkers who say that their really was romance between them, to which I actually have no problem with either. For all the possible theories, the kiss is hard to think of as non-romantic.
in the town where there was the young dietrich look-alike Clare starts to say Raki is like a little brother but then changes mid sentence with sudden realisation that his more important to her than that. The way the 2 kids eyes lit up and their reaction seems to hint it was romantic so who knows.

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2010-05-23 at 22:18.
Old 2010-05-23, 22:19   Link #3580
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Clare luvs Raki a lot she is just 2 thick headed 2 realise it yet. The whole looking for Raki 2 see if he is safe and thats it is bull. She wants 2 find Raki so she can be with him.
Closed Thread