AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-02, 12:00   Link #61
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
ARGH! My elevator's phobia is back! D:

Sooooooo, his aunt was in class 3 too.

THAT BIRD! LOL
Old 2012-02-02, 12:12   Link #62
klare

yup even the bird starts to look creepy now...

that scene with Damien mentioned and then the glass plate falling on Kouichi and "Ritsu" seems like paying respect to Omen

so does this mean the nurse's brother will die too?
Old 2012-02-02, 14:19   Link #63
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I don't believe the brother has to die to keep with the curse, I think I remember Counterpoint girl saying that someone in Class 3 or a relative dies once a month when the curse starts. Obv both Yukari and her mom died but it wouldn't surprise if Nurse's brother didn't. But then I wouldnt be surprised if he did

Do we have any idea how old Kouichi's mom was when his aunt was in Class 3? Wondering if her death was part of that years curse or not.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-02, 16:23   Link #64
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

didn't they say his mom only died a year ago or something? i don't remember.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-02-02, 17:14   Link #65
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
didn't they say his mom only died a year ago or something? i don't remember.
His mom died while giving birth to Kouichi,that was 15 years ago,the same year Reika was in class 3...
Old 2012-02-02, 18:54   Link #66
Ashaman

That bird... I swear, it knows something. Hell if i know what though.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:13   Link #67
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Even if it doesn't, it's still creepy. Clearly it's calls of "why, Rei-chan... why..." are starting to drive Reiko a little batty. Either the bird knows something, or Reiko does, and the bird will drive her to reveal it, Telltale-Heart-style.

Are Myna birds common pets in Japan, or is it maybe something Kouichi's dad picked up in his travels?
Old 2012-02-02, 19:16   Link #68
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Make him confess!!!! If he doesnt cooperate, go smoke a cigarette and give me 5min alone with him!
Old 2012-02-02, 20:13   Link #69
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I bet it was a present to Kouichi's mom from dad from his travels. I don't think it knows something since they simply mimic what they hear but it heard something to make it say that over and over again. Learning that Kouichi's mom died the year Reiko was in Class 3 totally doesn't surprise me.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-02, 21:27   Link #70
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I bet it was a present to Kouichi's mom from dad from his travels. I don't think it knows something since they simply mimic what they hear but it heard something to make it say that over and over again. Learning that Kouichi's mom died the year Reiko was in Class 3 totally doesn't surprise me.
If Reiko was in c3 when Kouichi's mom died, shouldn't Reiko be dead? Kouichi can't die since he wasn't born there... Oh no.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:31   Link #71
broken270
Defying gravity

I knew is was only a matter of time before the nurse dies and someone was going to die from that creepy elevator in the hospital, but both were done at the same time. Stop killing off characters that I like so far.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:37   Link #72
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Are Myna birds common pets in Japan, or is it maybe something Kouichi's dad picked up in his travels?
I pick the latter possibility, but historically there are records of mynas being kept as pets in Japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myna
Old 2012-02-02, 22:17   Link #73
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
If Reiko was in c3 when Kouichi's mom died, shouldn't Reiko be dead? Kouichi can't die since he wasn't born there... Oh no.
No, as I stated above the curse can be someone in the class dying or a relative. It doesn't have to be both like Yukari.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-02, 22:41   Link #74
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
those who acknowledge that Mei exists end up dead.. except for Koichi since he's the main character . haha
Or maybe those that admit to themselves that Mei exists but then try to deny her existence anyway?

After all, nobody died in the first class except Mei.

Maybe if they all just accepted Mei as that quirky ghost that likes to hang out in class 3 and go to school with them everything would turn up rainbows and roses?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-02-02, 23:10   Link #75
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow there some lazy maintenance workers there
Old 2012-02-03, 00:00   Link #76
king12354

It isn't all bad. At least the family can sue and get a nice return.
Old 2012-02-03, 01:49   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

PA Works....I know they've been really good and all but this show...really, the animation is higher quality than many stuff....just how much did they blow on this....
Old 2012-02-03, 02:01   Link #78
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finally had time to watch. I think my Groundhog Day idea just got thrown out but a few things I notice:

1. On the assumption that Mei is just a regular girl, mortal, not some long living pseudo-spiritual being and the like and is the same age as everyone else, then it stands to reason that whatever misfortune the class assigns to her as her fault, it must have happened VERY recently, when they became Class 3, just before Sakakibara arrived, and most likely involved with her eye. Knowing what this was seems to be very important to the mystery, because it is becoming very similar to Sakakibara's current condition.

2. The way the class treated Sakakibara after they began to suspect him suggests that perhaps at some point, this was also the way they treated Mei, because it feels highly likely that the events surrounding Sakakibara may have been the same for Mei when it was her turn in the past. As such, Mei must have at some point been inquiring into the situation beyond what the class deemed as acceptable, and then deaths began appearing like in Sakakibara's case, and the way they treat her now is the "countermeasure". At some point the ignoring existence treatment might be given to Sakakibara if the events continue.

3. Following 1 and 2, then Mei and Sakakibara share something very much in common: both are being blamed to be at the center to these occurrences. Thing is, if Sakakibara isn't the cause of these deaths in some form, then perhaps Mei is simply suffering the same blame game Sakakibara is. Maybe she isn't the cause of the deaths after all. The difference being that Mei has simply given up and accepted her ostracized school life. In the end both are being blamed for events not entirely their fault. At the same time however I don't think it's coincidence. The existence of Sakakibara and Mei are intrinsically tied to the events, even if it isn't their fault, and also suggests that both of them have a very closely tied history that the two of them might not even fully realize. Their bond goes deeper than is apparent.
Old 2012-02-03, 05:14   Link #79
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

You know, with how much they placed focused in the elevator in the last few episodes, made me think that something was going to happen with that elevator. It was only in Episode 3 that I made the connection that that something would be death. Then episode 4 came in and low and behold... the nurse died in it.

Does the anime intentionally give focus on things that will somehow affect the story? Or is it just mere coincidence?
Old 2012-02-03, 07:55   Link #80
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Or maybe those that admit to themselves that Mei exists but then try to deny her existence anyway?

After all, nobody died in the first class except Mei.

Maybe if they all just accepted Mei as that quirky ghost that likes to hang out in class 3 and go to school with them everything would turn up rainbows and roses?
I had a similar guess. I wondered, which are the differences between Kouichi and his classmates? Now I can't check if he was born in Tokyo or not, but the birth place could be a discriminant (or not, if we count Akazawa's countermeasures as mere guesses). The second thing, that made me guess a sort of acceptance rule, was that Kouichi has formally asked the name to Mei and she formally answered. So the rule maybe requires acceptance from both parts.
So the original class was saved by the fact that they all knew Mei Misaki.
Rephrasing the hypothetical safe rules we could say: you don't see/speak about/wahtever her and you don't believe in her existence. BUT if you accept her then you mast be accepted by her.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Closed Thread