AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-19, 20:26   Link #61
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post

Takako going insane would have been alright with me, I imagined old lady Numata almost exactly like this and the Giallo'esque fashion of the murders was really cool considering that Ayatsuji is a big fan of Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci and Mario Bava. But the way the minor characters behaved just came out of nowhere so much they actually did behave like mind-controlled drones, Mochizuki's and Teshigawara's behaviour was so Scooby Doo I almost thought they suddenly decided to adapt Clock Tower with old lady Numata slowly chasing them down the hall only to reappear in impossible places...
I still don't know what to think of this episode exactly. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way in some places.
I wouldn't mind Takako's insanity either if the rest of the odd deaths didn't happen this episode either. I enjoyed her little flight of insanity and could understand it. Just the psycho Inn keeper, the odd deaths not related to Takako and just how calm everyone was just made it all way too weird. It was like they were all over the fact people died around them.

'oh a girl just died, eh who cares,'

'oh let's up run upstairs above the fire, we should be safe there. Right?'

It was all very very odd. Even for this anime.
Old 2012-03-19, 20:43   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought it was odd that they'd stay inside the hotel with the fire going on.

Do you think that the old lady went insane after seeing her husband killed? She thinks one of the students killed her husband so she's going after the students.

The student in the hallway and the old man got skewered. Do you think chick who got hung killed off the student in the stairwell and the old man in the kitchen?
Old 2012-03-19, 20:56   Link #63
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought it was odd that they'd stay inside the hotel with the fire going on.

Do you think that the old lady went insane after seeing her husband killed? She thinks one of the students killed her husband so she's going after the students.

The student in the hallway and the old man got skewered. Do you think chick who got hung killed off the student in the stairwell and the old man in the kitchen?
She was the one having killed him in the first place - Remember what the glasses girl said: 'It was the crone'

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:01   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
She was the one having killed him in the first place - Remember what the glasses girl said: 'It was the crone'
She said it wasn't her.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-19, 21:07   Link #65
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
She said it wasn't her.
Her exact words were first ' it wasn't me' and then ' it was probably that old crone', while she was talking about the fire back then, she probably also meant the murder as killing the manager would make even less sense for her.
I think you misunderstood me though: When I said it was her in the first place I was not talking about Takako but about the old lady

The only thing making Takako suspicious is being full of blood while not having any visible wounds. - So she was at least the one having injuried her classmate.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-03-19 at 21:21.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:09   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Her exact words were first ' it wasn't me' and then ' it was probably that old crone'
Ah, sorry, mistook your words. Yeah, that old lady.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-19, 21:10   Link #67
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Oh lord this was a freaking crazy episode. I too had issues with everyone's reactions XD But it did all make for a hilarious factor. Had to rate high for the crispy body!
Old 2012-03-19, 21:17   Link #68
Diveman

Geez what an intense episode, it had me in the border of my seat all the time.

Poor Takako, she really lost it this time, and the teacher...well I dont think she died, like, can you really die because of getting hit in the head by a mop? maybe if the hit is strong enough.

so Misaki finally decided to "man up" and kill the another by herself, I have no damn idea who can be, but we know she, koichi and Akazawa are safe (misaki didnt kill her when she "had" the chance so she can't be the another either).
Old 2012-03-19, 21:17   Link #69
Dark Wing

well that turned in to a bloody mess really quick...

Anyway now Izumi whats to kill Mei not because she thinks she's the other but for revenge for what she believes is the murder of her friend?
Old 2012-03-19, 21:22   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was... intense. All hell broke loose and the shit hit the fan like whoa. I do agree, some of it was meh. Someone might be dying outside so we'll just walk down the stairs and the "zombie" students too, they should have been bewildered or rampaging.

Ms. Mikami!! Nooo!! You deserved so much more screen time!

I am happy Mei went the opposite way of Izumi. Hopefully Mochizuki is the Another, to me, he's been expendable since the beginning.

Even with the weird parts, this was still a good episode. The deaths were all gruesome in their own way, you gotta give them that. Not the best episode, but good. I find that most series have a tough time with the penultimate episode.

This book deserves to be translated and released in the US. We all know there are worse books sitting on the shelves at Barnes and Noble.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:31   Link #71
Forsaken_Infinity

Bam!

I go into the episode expecting the usual surreal visuals and the epic music.

But dayum I get treated with the biggest unintentional comedy mine in forever.

Even Blood C's legendary finale hadn't made me laugh at violence but this... this made me crack up.

Holy shit what the fuck. Why are they all super slow as if under extreme sedation?

I was really loving this show until this episode. And I guess I kind of still do. But this can't be undone. I won't be able to take it seriously with this episode making me chuckle at every damn turn.

The music was still great and haunting but god damn. For the first time in this show, the atmosphere was off. And by a fucking lot. What the heck. I didn't get to see the panic, the hysteria, the sheer sense of speed tumble. I saw slow zombies instead. Fuck this shit. It was such a missed opportunity really. This could have easily been the best thing ever but its now only the best thing ever. If you get the drift.

Giving it a 9 just because it made me laugh and for the music. But boy this episode totally wasn't what I expected.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:31   Link #72
justsomeguy

Wow, this was the most fun episode I've seen all season outside of Milky Holmes and Aquarion. After 10 episodes of acting stiff, all hell finally breaks loose and everybody other than Koichi and Misaki have given in to their animal instincts.

Has anybody who has read the novel explain how faithful what we saw was? I'm wondering why PA Works decided to make an episode that actually makes events that most people would consider catastrophic amusing (there's no way this episode was intended to be serious, the way things went).

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-19, 21:35   Link #73
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Geez what an intense episode, it had me in the border of my seat all the time.

Poor Takako, she really lost it this time, and the teacher...well I dont think she died, like, can you really die because of getting hit in the head by a mop? maybe if the hit is strong enough.

so Misaki finally decided to "man up" and kill the another by herself, I have no damn idea who can be, but we know she, koichi and Akazawa are safe (misaki didnt kill her when she "had" the chance so she can't be the another either).
We don't know about Akazawa though, as you can see her and Mei rolling down the stairway(they are both visibly alive while rolling down though). I hope shes fine though.
And well you can die from brute force though, I doubt she got hit hard enough though.
The only one I can't understand is that guy having called kouichi an a***, since he just punched him for having hurt someone just wanting to bring order to the court.

Mei running in either direction does not mean anythingg btw. I do at least doubt that kouichi would let her through even if both of them were standing in front of <Not telling>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That was... intense. All hell broke loose and the shit hit the fan like whoa. I do agree, some of it was meh. Someone might be dying outside so we'll just walk down the stairs and the "zombie" students too, they should have been bewildered or rampaging.

Ms. Mikami!! Nooo!! You deserved so much more screen time!

I am happy Mei went the opposite way of Izumi. Hopefully Mochizuki is the Another, to me, he's been expendable since the beginning.

Even with the weird parts, this was still a good episode. The deaths were all gruesome in their own way, you gotta give them that. Not the best episode, but good. I find that most series have a tough time with the penultimate episode.

This book deserves to be translated and released in the US. We all know there are worse books sitting on the shelves at Barnes and Noble.
I wish it would have been translated a long time ago, because I would not have had any need to look a possible translator up on wikipedia then and being spoiled the fun of finding it out by EP 10.

@ everyone still unsure about who it is:
You do know have at least one week time to find out by rewatching and getting all necessary clues together.

Old 2012-03-19, 21:37   Link #74
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Nothing justifies what they were trying to do. I'm in agreement with that. They were a danger to others around them and needed to be stopped, even by death if it's a last resort. I just don't think they deserve to die because they weren't in their right state of mind. Victims of emotional trauma can act violently and irrationally, but I hesitate to condemn them (i.e. glad they died) so quickly because of the extreme circumstances they're in. To be honest, as mere high school kids going through such a calamity, I don't know why it took them this long to go crazy.
I can sort of agree on that, but then I would blame Mouchizuki for releasing the tape information to two girls that lead to all this hysteria. What on Earth was he thinking? That information can cause a lot of damage if it get's into the wrong hands as we see in this episode.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:38   Link #75
Diveman

But, if Mei wanted to end everything quickly, she could have just killed Aikazawa and Kouichi would have deduced that she was the another. And the fact that they are "fighting" in the preview could mean Aikazawa was chasing mei and attacked her.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:43   Link #76
word sux

I agree with the headphones comment

had my turtle beach head set on watching it on crunchy roll in 1080 fullscreen and I must say I did jump a few times

can't wait till next week! damn, I love this series!!!
Old 2012-03-19, 21:44   Link #77
Forsaken_Infinity

Yeah, unintentional comedy aside, I most definitely hated this episode. It kind of killed the part of me that wishes to give shows a chance. I had higher hopes than this shit. I don't mind people turning psychotic at all. I don't mind a massacre at all. But I do mind it if I get a horde of zombies from out of nowhere where I expect a pack of people.

Spoiler for offtopic and comparison with Shiki, minor spoilers for that show:

Hurr.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:51   Link #78
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Has anybody who has read the novel explain how faithful what we saw was? I'm wondering why PA Works decided to make an episode that actually makes events that most people would consider catastrophic amusing (there's no way this episode was intended to be serious, the way things went).
It's closer than what the manga did but (for my taste) it went way over the top.
Sugiura did not spear head any witch hunt in the novel, nor was there any strange chase scenes through the mansion. Old lady Numata going on a killing spree was there though and was explained quite logically in the end...well, as logical as killer-granny can get.

If you're interested in the differences between the novel and the anime version so far, I listed them here.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:55   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It feels like this episode was the usual "We don't have enough episodes, let's mesh things best we can!" that we find all too often.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:56   Link #80
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Why they do not RUUUUUUN?! Dude! I was screaming here! There is a killer and a fire in the building, run and shout, don't get all "Let's see what is happening here".

Poor Sakakibara got kicked in the balls OUTCH