AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 15:59   Link #10821
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post

I don't have the Lowe or the PzB2... oddly enough getting the PzB2 is slightly more interesting to me, but usually it's attached to that other thing.
Oh damn, I didn't even see that bundle. I am so gonna get that and ditch the Valentine.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:02   Link #10822
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Oh damn, I didn't even see that bundle. I am so gonna get that and ditch the Valentine.
Now I feel bad for making you buy the Valentine >_< If only I had foreseen this.

But yeah. It will be awesome.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:11   Link #10823
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'm relieved it isn't the Type 59, otherwise I would be highly tempted to buy it.

Also, I wouldn't get the Kv-220. Save the gold for something better.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:19   Link #10824
Gravitas Free Zone

The Valentine II will be on sale this weekend also, since it's included in the general premiums-on-sale category. I considered getting it, but I don't have a huge personal need for a Soviet light tank crew trainer. Still, it would be cheap.

Obvious possibilities with the KV-220: They consider offering the thing enough of a purchase incentive that they do not reduce the price of the 10K/25K gold bundle or year of premium add-ons, making people spend large amounts to get it. Or they actually have a sale during a huge holiday sale weekend and the bundle bits will be reduced compared to their usual prices.

I'm guessing that the former will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm relieved it isn't the Type 59, otherwise I would be highly tempted to buy it.
It would have been hilarious if it was the Gold T-59. The phenomenon of people getting teamkilled for having a stupid bling tank would cross the Pacific.

Quote:
Also, I wouldn't get the Kv-220. Save the gold for something better.
"No thanks, you see... we've already got one."
"You've already got one? A GRAIL?"
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:29   Link #10825
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm not linking the infamous scene with Sako and the... yeah, that scene.
What would that be?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:40   Link #10826
Gravitas Free Zone

Search YouTube for "upotte sako" and the scene constitutes practically all of the top results.
Old 2013-11-27, 16:44   Link #10827
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Now I feel bad for making you buy the Valentine >_< If only I had foreseen this.

But yeah. It will be awesome.
Don't feel bad for even a second. If I hadn't bought that thing, this past week wouldn't have happened as it did. Even if the tank isn't great, and despite my occasional self-loathing comments about my poor skills, it's been the most fun I've had playing this game by a huge margin and that's worth infinitely more to me than whatever piddly amount I paid for it.
Old 2013-11-27, 17:09   Link #10828
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Search YouTube for "upotte sako" and the scene constitutes practically all of the top results.
Great... you just had to remind me.

Now I look at my SAKO M39 with a completely different perspective...

Regardless, Fujiko rules, yeah...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 17:23   Link #10829
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Tiger 2 is definitely better at holding a defensive position (hide your lower plate, angle your armour and you're set to go) rather than playing aggressively. If you want to play an aggressive tier 8 heavy tank IS-3 is the way to go.

Having said that Pearl River is rather rubbish for the west team heavies, now that the siemkas on the east team have discovered that not crossing the bridge is the way to go (and it is).
Sold it after T-150 killed me with ease with the engine been knocked out 3 time, total waste of time and silver grinding the german heavy line.

Spoiler for Space:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 17:39   Link #10830
Gravitas Free Zone

Figures, I delete my other post and then think of something I could have put in its place after I delete it.

Anyway, because of the regular tank sale I'm going to try to unlock the AT 7 and SU-152 by the end of the weekend... at only 12000 XP per vehicle per day for the next five days in the preceding vehicles. I free XPed all of the equipment in the AT 8, so at least I won't be using the really horrid early gun choices, but only picked up the 100mm for the SU-100. On the other hand, it's at least more reliably accurate than the 122mm, so it won't be horrible... of course, I have to unlock the 122mm anyway in order to research the SU-152.
Old 2013-11-27, 17:59   Link #10831
LeoXiao
思想工作

Seems like the Japanese top tier mediums are just gonna be copies of the Leopard 1... might go to tier 8 and call it quits if the STA-1 is as good as the iPanzer.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:14   Link #10832
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Looks like the Japanese top tier medium is wedged right between the Leopard I & the T-62A. I don't know how well that will turn out, though

And all that hype about the Monday sale? I call BS. What legendary reputation!? The only tank in WoT with legendary reputation was the T-59. Everyone knows that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:47   Link #10833
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

KV-220? Meh, do not want. If the Type 59 was on sale for $100, no extras, I'd still buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Where is that from again?
Romantic comedy of the year.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:51   Link #10834
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
KV-220? Meh, do not want. If the Type 59 was on sale for $100, no extras, I'd still buy it.
That is intense. How do you get this kind of money

I'm still living on my leftover gold since I quit last time. Probably not gonna spend money on this for a while.
Old 2013-11-27, 19:46   Link #10835
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
That is intense. How do you get this kind of money
I'm a spoiled college kid. Being straight-edged, I don't spend any money on alcohol, tobacco or drugs. I rarely drive my car anywhere so fuel expenses are minimal, and I don't have any friends to buy things for. Much of my allowance goes to college expenses, food, and fun things like World of Tanks.

That said, I think I've spent enough money on WoT by now. The 550k free XP and 18k gold currently on my account should be enough to supplement top modules on several new tanks as well as new crews. By the time I do run out of gold, I'll have enough tier 10 tanks to be accepted in most of the top clans, and I'll probably have the required purple stats as well. And Clan Wars generate free gold. I'd shell out for a Type 59 if it is on sale, but that's about it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:35   Link #10836
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Heh, we are pretty much the same in terms of no drug alcohol stuff, and the no friends stuff.
I'm too old fashioned. I still prefer to spend my money on tangible things (like anime posters and figures). I at most spent 40 dollars of real money in wot in total so far. All the other money I spent were from internet scam sites where they make you do surveys for ultimate game cards. I made like 300 dollars this way over the years and used for this game. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone because that is literally making an hour of minimum wage in a week. It's pretty snailspeed...

I guess that's not a problem for most. I just always have doubts about spending real money on virtual objects. But that's just me. I prefer to spend virtual money for virtual objects

But I guess I will probably change my mind soon. Now that I earn my own money I might feel less guilty about all this, as I did when I was in college.
Old 2013-11-27, 20:55   Link #10837
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I still prefer to spend my money on tangible things (like anime posters and figures).
Just be careful about spending too much on stuff like this... I uh, know from experience that someone can and eventually will reach a critical mass of this stuff. I am still getting orders monthly that I made over half a year ago and I no longer have room to display any of it. I may even have to ebay some of it away.

For me, I spend my money based on whatever I think will give me the most entertainment. It's about the "journey" and the "experience" rather than "having stuff" I guess. That's why despite agreeing it is kinda weird to spend real money for virtual objects, I don't really have much issue buying stuff in this game. I see it as akin to buying a movie ticket or nice dinner, paying for the experience.
Old 2013-11-27, 21:18   Link #10838
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Seems like the Japanese top tier mediums are just gonna be copies of the Leopard 1... might go to tier 8 and call it quits if the STA-1 is as good as the iPanzer.
You would be wrong if you think STB-1 is a sniper. It's an assault flanker.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:31   Link #10839
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Just be careful about spending too much on stuff like this... I uh, know from experience that someone can and eventually will reach a critical mass of this stuff. I am still getting orders monthly that I made over half a year ago and I no longer have room to display any of it. I may even have to ebay some of it away.

For me, I spend my money based on whatever I think will give me the most entertainment. It's about the "journey" and the "experience" rather than "having stuff" I guess. That's why despite agreeing it is kinda weird to spend real money for virtual objects, I don't really have much issue buying stuff in this game. I see it as akin to buying a movie ticket or nice dinner, paying for the experience.
Oh don't worry I know, I know. My college dorm was a huge mess with the anime products. I reached that critical mass years ago. When I had to ship the stuff back home the shipping on my anime stuff alone was 400 dollars.

That explanation actually makes enormous sense. Paying for the experience. I never really thought about it that way. Now I know I can blame it on you when I decide to burn money on wot.
Old 2013-11-27, 21:59   Link #10840
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

May the best team in cybergame win.

I`m rooting for Team Asia since I`m from SEA
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks