AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 01:39   Link #41
m-mitten

I work at a bakery, as a cashier right now, as says in my profile. I just take orders, but it's really nice being surrounded by that bread scent all day. Plus, I get to take free bread home some days. I am working part time currently, but I'm being promoted to shift manager~ So, soon I'll be working more.

On few weekends, and while this isn't really a job/occupation, I help with conducting/organizing and occasionally leading a choir for the elderly. It's only a few times a month (1-3) but it's actually kind of fun. Some old people are so cute. I tend to rant on about those ones, so I've gotten strange assumptions and nicknames..

The other thing I am doing is a course in which one can raise G.P.A by redoing courses, or getting more credits. For example, I only took Math 12 in High School, but for the university I want to go to I need Math 12. There was also a few classes in which I feel I could make my grades better, though they were average as it is. I want a good chance to get into my Uni. of choice, so I don't mind doing this sort of thing..
m-mitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 02:13   Link #42
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Clothing, I make them.
edit: sowing and all.

Last edited by BOOKGLUTTON; 2008-10-31 at 13:47.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 02:19   Link #43
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I'm a university student at the moment. My grades are so-so/average, and I have no industry experience in my chosen field. I graduate next year so I'm feeling a bit anxious going into the big bad world. My degree and university are respectable, but I'm still a bit worried about my future. I guess even if I can't find a job, my parents will support me until I do, but of course I'd rather not leech like that. I'm currently looking for casual/part-time/vacation work in anything even remotely related to my industry.
Thanks for bumping the thread. I got a job since I made this topic. I'm now working in the Hardware section of a Home Emporium, doing stock stuff and customer service. I get to learn a lot of interesting stuff relevant to my course, and the atmosphere is pretty relaxed as it's a family business. The dust in some of the less popular sections of the showroom can be a problem for my allergies though, but the excellent pay rate more than makes up for it. I just wish I could get more shifts.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 10:30   Link #44
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

Do you like your job?

Haha, I'm just curious. Is it something that you look forward to each day? Is it something that you hate? Or is it just something to pay the bills? Personally, my job is alright, I work in a Pharmacy; it could be worse. I go to college for free so I definitely don't complain too much.

But enough about me, how about you guys? I want to hear about your jobs!
Knowledge Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 05:42   Link #45
Samari
World's Greatest

I live in the city of San Francisco with three roommates on Treasure Island. I'm currently a broke college student in my fourth year of being a traditional illustration major at Academy of Art University. My grades are average. I just moved into the city recently so this is the first time in four years that I really feel comfortable with my schooling and have a clear direction of where my goals lie. Not only that, but a better understanding of how to accomplish them. The clock is basically ticking for me immensely since I'm on student loans. I know what future occupation I want to do with the degree I earn. The only issue is that it might not make that much money at first...unless you're a very good candidate. But it is what I want to do with the skills I'm acquiring. So hopefully things work out. The good news is that I'm not the slacker I was four years ago and I still have a decent amount of time since I won't be graduating for another two years at least.

Oh and I'm currently helping pay for other things like rent, food, and school supplies through a retail job. I've been working retail for almost four years now and I hate it. I really need to get another job like data entry or something that pays at least what I'm making now or a little more. There's even an obstacle with that however since it's hard to find a good job that isn't in the service industry that pays at least $13-$15 an hour while only having to work part-time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 08:25   Link #46
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm a "Rural Retail Sales Representative".

I work for Murray Goulburn Trading in a store. Basically it's a glorified store hand title. It's just a job for a while until I can join the ADF.

Intended path is to go into RMC Duntroon and hopefully be posted to either Armoured Corps or Infantry.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:19   Link #47
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Im a host at a restaurant named The Sidelines
Old 2009-01-26, 09:01   Link #48
sa547
*Author

Former Internet cafe assistant manager/in-house technician/jack-of-all-trades for nearly seven years. Currently jobless but from time to time accepting PC repairs in the neighborhood. Had to wait for my late father's post-death benefits get released so that I could start a business.

Last edited by sa547; 2009-01-26 at 09:16.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 10:28   Link #49
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A cook working for a little hotel at Mont-Tremblant ( Canada).
Old 2009-01-26, 17:36   Link #50
CPOK
Gun Bunny

In between jobs atm. dam redundancy's. Ah well, I get a couple of months off instead. Thinking about taking up windscreen fitting. apparently good money doing that.
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 18:16   Link #51
User91411
Disabled By Request

High school student, I don't have a job because I'm lazy and besides anime and Xbox 360 games, I don't buy much stuff.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 18:24   Link #52
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

I finished my three year degree at university, and quickly got employed. I'm an aircraft engineer at heathrow airport, been doing it for over a year now, and that there giving training now and there so I'm prepared for what ever I need to do.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:03   Link #53
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Working in tech support for Comcast right now, while my wife goes to school for psych. After that, I'll continue either with my ento/zoology courses, or switch over to early childhood education with the plans of teaching kindergarten so I can spend my summers with my son.

edit: Don't do call center work, kids. It makes you misanthropic and physically sick. Its better pay than when I was an exterminator, but not worth it overall.
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:29   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Business Development senior exc/Marketing and Advertising for Mercedes Benz.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:35   Link #55
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

Test Driver for Honda's R&D, though work is a little slow with the auto industry. Would have been a student last year, but thanks to the shitty economy that won't be happening soon. -_-

Last edited by Anavel; 2009-01-26 at 21:35. Reason: Missing R!
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:52   Link #56
klowny
OH NO

High School student Senior, Graduating probably
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 15:39   Link #57
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Held various jobs over the years ranging from Part Time Graphic Designer to a Junior Executive in Pre-Press . But my dream job would be a Chikan, I hone my skills on weekends : D
Old 2009-01-28, 17:58   Link #58
ihpsta

Right now I work as a food server on a nice ocean front restaurant in Hawaii and play WoW full time until I get back to school. I could live off my current job but don't plan on doing that. Most likely will be studying Business Management and minor in English.
ihpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 18:59   Link #59
stubby42

I'm a 3rd year student studying film and television production which basically means I learn how to use all of the equipment and work in a film crew. Last semester I did an internship with a film company out in canada (I live in the UK) and I was an assistant editor/production assistant.

Right now were talking about how I can come back to Canada and work for them (the internship was un paid) but its kind of complicated because I have to get work visa's sorted, find people to rent an apartment with (shouldnt be too hard I have alot of friends in the city) and save enough money to pay back my debts and buy flights.

After that I'll probably end up studying a one year course in web design and after I've graduated from that course I should have my immigration done and dusted, I'll be legally allowed to live in canada and in three years time i'll be a citizen.

Working in film and tv is ok and it pays the bills but I'm far more interested in internet tv (right now is a good time to get started because of the relativly lower cost of entry) so I'm planning on owning my own buisness.

Should keep me busy for a few years.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 19:45   Link #60
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I'm a 1st year graduate student in law which is currently killing off my "anime/gaming/free time" by a large portion because of the hectic schedules of being a freshman in a school where academic records means much more than extra curricular ones.

I'm also a part time taekwondo instructor at a rather large dojo in the central area of my city (I'm a black belt, 2nd dan). Although the pay is IMO low, the work load is not heavy and there are girls swarming all over the place (especially during summer, which is peak seasons in such classes).
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, job, work