AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-02-26, 11:24   Link #2241
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^i was using them as an example but that's not a lie. he does sometimes take gerrard or torres out, not this season as much but, past seasons he did it a lot. he does cut a lot of midfielders when they are playing well. i know it has happend with Xavi and mascerano, when he plays lucas. and past seasons. also agger and skertal. charager plays and he rotates them as well as hyypia. same can be said for dossena and arbeloa.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-02-26 at 11:53.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 21:59   Link #2242
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Oh boy, someone revived the thread!

Congrats to Chelsea on the CL win on the first leg, but don't count us out yet, we can still make it. Also the average age isn't 32/33, the problem, as it happened last season as well, is Ranieri who just doesn't want to field our youngsters when it comes to important games. The only one who had the chance was Marchisio when he played from the start versus Real in both games (and he performed absolutely well), and he also did play well versus Chelsea albeit coming in as a sub late in the game.

Today we won versus Naples playing much better than we did versus Chelsea since Ranieri decided to give the starting spot to both Giovinco and Marchisio. I'm still of the opinion that if Ranieri finally wakes up and benches Nedved for a while (although I have utmost respect for him he just can't run anymore, he's too old), he only needs to field the in-form players, not the "franchise" ones and we can make it through the second leg. Camoranesi is out of shape? Then play Marchionni, he's doing so well so far why do you need to have Camo on the starting eleven if he's been injuried all season and is far from being a threat? Jeez. "Thankfully", although I shouldn't say it, Camo got himself some broken ribs during the Chelsea game which means that wether Ranieri wanted or not he'll have to rely on Marchionni on the right wing. He's less "creative" than Camo, but he's got more pace and so far he's definetely better at taking defenders 1on1. He also links up pretty well with Grygera.

That said, while Chelsea is still clear favorite, I am obviously hoping that I'll atleast see the best Juve on field (meaning the current in-form players, which right now are Giovinco, Marchisio, and Marchionni) and not the usual ones who just are out-of-shape and cannot even keep up the pace.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 22:16   Link #2243
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How exactly are Roma's form on serie A this season? I never watched a serie A's game this year.. Based on that last game, they dont seems to be of any danger to us in two week's time.

Of course, if our last night result is taken into account, we thoroughly didn't deserve a spot in the last 8 of CL

/me is verrrrrrrry emo right now.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 22:18   Link #2244
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Galatasaray FTW!!!... Arda Turan double against Bordeaux... what a gun ^_^
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 22:24   Link #2245
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

loved todays games. we won. Liverpool lost, and to add to my happyness arsenal did not score.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-02-28, 22:33   Link #2246
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
How exactly are Roma's form on serie A this season? I never watched a serie A's game this year.. Based on that last game, they dont seems to be of any danger to us in two week's time.

Of course, if our last night result is taken into account, we thoroughly didn't deserve a spot in the last 8 of CL

/me is verrrrrrrry emo right now.
Roma had a terrible start back in the first two months, then they recovered and started winning games one after an other. But they're still far behind and won't likely even pose a threat for the Scudetto. As for the recent form, you'll find out tomorrow since they're going to face Inter, it's gonna be an interesting match. Before their match versus Arsenal they had a not-so-great game versus Siena, mostly because some of their key players got injuried at the wrong time. A full fit Roma shouldn't be understimated though, mind you. But I think Arsenal can make it as long as you press the hell out of them. Roma is the kind of team who plays free flowing attacking football only if the opponent doesn't really harass them too much. If Arsenal midfielders play aggressively they can easily disrupt Roma's game since their only midfielder who can withstand pressure is De Rossi. Aquilani is a sissy, Pizzarro isn't but he's not used to play at fast pacing and he can be led to commit mistakes. I don't know if Perrotta is still injuried or not, I haven't been following them that much (being a Juve fan afterall :P). Oh yeah, you definetely need to pray Vucinic is injuried or out of shape, when he's fit he's their most dangerous man, even more than Totti, in my opinion.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:41   Link #2247
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ROFl.. they seems to mirror our problem then =.=

Then as long as our Diaby decided to play, Roma should be a team we capable of winning. We just hate team that comes for a 0-0 draw, so a team that comes at us are very much welcome.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-28, 22:42   Link #2248
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
loved todays games. we won. Liverpool lost, and to add to my happyness arsenal did not score.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really watch Chelsea but after Hiddink came has anything changed at Chelsea?
And at the Liverpool game, that was pretty terrible performance from them.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:48   Link #2249
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
ROFl.. they seems to mirror our problem then =.=

Then as long as our Diaby decided to play, Roma should be a team we capable of winning. We just hate team that comes for a 0-0 draw, so a team that comes at us are very much welcome.
I'd say that Arsenal still has the edge, both because of the home result, and also because they seem more "mature" in terms of mentality, despite being a side composed by youngsters. Roma can make it through only if they play their best and especially if they don't get nervous. It's a similar situation with the Chelsea-Juve game except that Roma's own weaknesses are in their mentality, while our weaknesses are in our coach who doesn't use the right players.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:03   Link #2250
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You got the Tinkerman. Enough said XD

@ TD.. yes.. Drogba and Anelka actually playing together in one team D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-28, 23:08   Link #2251
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Yeah.. sadly. He's not horrible but you can tell he lacks the qualities and the mentality of a great coach like Lippi, Ferguson, Capello, and so on. And I'm really envious that Chelsea got Hiddink. In my list of "people who should replace Ranieri" he was at the top of it together with Fiorentina's Prandelli.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:49   Link #2252
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I don't really watch Chelsea but after Hiddink came has anything changed at Chelsea?
And at the Liverpool game, that was pretty terrible performance from them.
i think it has. i did not see his games yet but, from the highlights he has got us playing so that we are more compact and don't just go down the middle. which is what Scolri did. we work as a unit and everyone has a role. that is i think Hiddink's trademark.

if you see any of the SK games during the world cup or Russia games as well as Aussi's, they all play with deciplin and play in there roles. that is his way IMO. from the highlights i could see some of that. i'm happy as long as we win. i'm not one of those that got on the bandwagon when Abramovich came along and started supporting them. as long as we win, i don't care how. i'll take 1-0 all season long.
Old 2009-03-01, 19:41   Link #2253
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

@ TD.. yes.. Drogba and Anelka actually playing together in one team D:
Was there reason why Scolari did not play them together before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i think it has. i did not see his games yet but, from the highlights he has got us playing so that we are more compact and don't just go down the middle. which is what Scolri did. we work as a unit and everyone has a role. that is i think Hiddink's trademark.

if you see any of the SK games during the world cup or Russia games as well as Aussi's, they all play with deciplin and play in there roles. that is his way IMO. from the highlights i could see some of that. i'm happy as long as we win. i'm not one of those that got on the bandwagon when Abramovich came along and started supporting them. as long as we win, i don't care how. i'll take 1-0 all season long.
Ah I remember those moment when Hiddink coached us, great moments that I will never forget . Anyway from the sounds of it Hiddink seems to be doing decent job for now.
And today The Carling Cup was won by Man Utd and truth to be told I am happy. While I do like Man Utd I wouldn't say I am a fan but I am really happy because Spurs lost .
Old 2009-03-01, 23:09   Link #2254
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Haha... True true.. its a fight between 2 great enemies of us Gunners

I dont understand Scolari's decision on not playing Anelka and Drogba either. but thats a fact for the whole time Scolari was in charge before.

Maybe he just used to play with 4-5-1 formation
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-02, 01:05   Link #2255
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Scolri used to play the old special one's formation. of having 4-5-1. and the 5 would be (^), like that but upside down. Scolri had it so that the wingers would join up in the middle and support the lone stiker, and feed him balls. this ment that we would always find a way down the middle.

Hiddink has it so that we have 4-3-3. now the midfileders play sort of one DM, the other L/RCM and the other plays L/RAM. and the 3 forwards, have one down the middle and the two seperating and either going down the wing or playing in the hole andif there is one playing in the hole the two leftover can either go down the middle or play off each other. but in the end there will be a main ST and the others seperating and playing sort of SS/RWF or SS/LWF.

that way we can overload the other teams D by sttacking in different patterns. and have it so that all the ST's can play.

at least i think it's that way.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-03-02 at 02:40.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 22:14   Link #2256
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was at the CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final match (first leg) up at the Olympic Stadium in Montréal, which saw the local team, the Impact, take on Mexican side Santos Laguna...

...and I was there alongside 55,570 other fans!

(A record-breaking attendance for CONCACAF club competition.)

It was one hell of an occasion - and coming from Ireland, one I was glad to see in Canada.

Plus, the Impact won 2-0, so they have a half-decent chance of holding out in the return leg, and setting up a return to the big O in a few weeks for the semi-finals!
Old 2009-03-10, 17:15   Link #2257
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

so so happy that we won tonight against Juve. it was on and off for a little while but, we got through. didn't play taht well but, going through is all that matters. Essian's back now and we also have Carvalihio coming back. so the spine hopefully will work well again. unlike Mickel who is just rubbish.

saw the highlights for the Real vs Liverpool game. gotta give it up. Pool distroyed them. some of the football was mad. not like liverpool.
Old 2009-03-10, 17:34   Link #2258
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Amazing, Liverpool not only beat Real Madrid, they beat the crap out of Real Madrid. I would never have imagined it, I'm still pinching myself to see if what I saw was real. Now if only they could carry on this momentum onto that game on Saturday.

Before the Real match, Rafa pleaded for some respect at least for his European record, if not his domestic one, and he duly got it.

And someone please have a pity at pathetic Sporting, who after getting hammered 5-0 to Bayern, now get thrashed another 7 goals to lose 1-12 on aggregate. What is this? Konami's Winning Eleven? (That's Pro-Evo Soccer to you Europeans. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 18:46   Link #2259
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Amazing, Liverpool not only beat Real Madrid, they beat the crap out of Real Madrid. I would never have imagined it, I'm still pinching myself to see if what I saw was real. Now if only they could carry on this momentum onto that game on Saturday.
Madrid defending was pretty bad from what I saw especially the first goal but Liverpool did really well. And I thought that penalty shouldn't really have been given as it hit the shoulder, but I guess Heinze sticking out his hand like that made it seems like handball.
Saturday should be interesting, but last time Liverpool beat Madrid but lost to Boro so I wouldn't really count on the momentum.

Oh and in case any one gives a damn the Asian CL started .
Old 2009-03-10, 19:49   Link #2260
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

just for the weekend i am rooting for Pool. make United drop points.

but, really some of the passing that they were doing was just amazing. they really made Madrid look so ordenary. i'm not saying that Madrid played good or anything but, in some cases Pool made them look like a team at the bottom end of the PL.

Tags
football, soccer