AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 22:46   Link #2261
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Impressive win by Pool last nite.. Why cant they translate those form in the league is beyond me tho.

Never watch a single game from the german nor the portugese's league, so is Bayern that good or Sporting degenerating?

I pray Pool and ManU to draw this week XD. 2 points lost each team is a little help for us down below to chase
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 23:32   Link #2262
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

And thus end Nedved's Champions League career.

Congrats to Chelsea, although we did the best we could with all injuries you guys still deserved to pass to the next turn more than we did. I am aware that Juve is still rebuilding itself and it will take atleast 3 more years before it can get a real threat again, and I wouldn't have suffered that much about it if it wasn't for Nedved crying when he had to leave the pitch early in the match. Thinking about him, Del Piero, Trez, Buffon and all the other veterans who chose to stick with Juve even during the relegation year, and then seeing them not succeeding in chasing their dreams feels like a stab in the heart. I got a little teary eyed for him. I hope we can atleast keep fighting for the Scudetto and Coppa Italia, I wanna see Nedved and the others lifting a trophy before their career ends.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 00:05   Link #2263
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Injuries?

Playing injury card in front of us Gunners this season wont garner any sympathy, thats for sure >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 00:24   Link #2264
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, injuries are part of the game, I'm not playing any card. I'm just sad for the way Nedved had to leave such an important match, I'm sure you can understand it. We still would have been eliminated but atleast I wanted to see him play the whole game and fight till the last minute. I'm sure you agree it's better to end one's career fighting and giving all you got than being forced to leave an important game early on because of an injury.

Anyway, enough of this, there's still the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia, I hope we'll manage to win atleast one of the two as a token of gratitude for all the veterans sticking with us.

And looking at the bright side of things, Giovinco is shaping up to be our next icon, if he keeps improving. If only Ranieri was bright enough to start this kid more often...
Old 2009-03-11, 01:24   Link #2265
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yea, I get what you are saying I guess.. Tony Adams got his last medal playing the last 15 minutes in FA Cup final before he retires.

Regarding Giovinco, be patient, if he is truely a gem, then giving him sporadic appearance will be more beneficial in the long run. We dont get to see Jack Wilshire or Aaron Ramsey that often as well this season. But this season IMO, belongs to Denilson, Bendtner and Djorou for us Gunners. They really matured well.. Especially Denilson.. And as much as some of retarded Gunners's blogs slacking of Bendtner, he already reach double figures in his goal tally , something that no other 4th choice strikers in the other top 3 english cup can hold up. Tell me, how many of you guys know Danny Wellbeck? XD I dont even know who iare the 4th striker in Pool and Chelsea.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 04:12   Link #2266
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Regarding Giovinco, be patient, if he is truely a gem, then giving him sporadic appearance will be more beneficial in the long run.
that shudn't be said from a gunners fan. if i remember correctly when Ceas was 17 he played 44 games for you that season.
Old 2009-03-11, 04:41   Link #2267
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Impressive win by Pool last nite.. Why cant they translate those form in the league is beyond me tho.
First, the players seem to have a mentality of playing well against the big-boys, but not so well against the little ones.

Second, little teams just "respect" Utd more than Liverpool and Arsenal nowadays.

Spoiler for Rant against the self-righteous Rafa bashers:

Quote:
Never watch a single game from the german nor the portugese's league, so is Bayern that good or Sporting degenerating?
Saw some highlights, and no disrespect, but to be honest, Sporting was crap and absolutely pathetic the way they conceded their goals. Hope they pick themselves up soon. Porto has more Champions League experience, so they might fare better against Atletico tonight and sneak into the quarters.

Quote:
I pray Pool and ManU to draw this week XD. 2 points lost each team is a little help for us down below to chase
What's in it for you anyway? It is Villa losing points that should concern you more. (Back in the days when Arsenal was stronger and had a rivalry with Utd, I always back Arsenal. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 07:10   Link #2268
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If you can reach the mountain top, aim for the sky XD

hmm.. so Giovinco is 22 y-o way to old for us Gunners .. Then I dunno. Cesc was a very special case IMHO, he was needed to fill in for PV4 at that time. Theo was use sparingly last season (but then again, thats partly because icecream addict making RW slot his own last year -- he is making the bench his slot this year instead .. served him right!), Denilson the same case, he was fully groomed in CC and FA cup last year and making his mark this year, and I feel that he already succeed in that. You can see his maturity now compared to early of the season form. Bendtner is being groomed this year to replace Super. And Djorou is groomed to replace Gallas (if he should go at the end of the season). All 3 is younger then Giovinco XD, and only Den in our first 11.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 12:21   Link #2269
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^ no way he's 22???? man he looks like a baby.
Old 2009-03-11, 12:42   Link #2270
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

His full name is Sergio Giovinco right? .. then yes, wiki listed his DoB in 1987.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 18:26   Link #2271
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Nice to see all the English side makes it.
On the match Utd versus Inter, I really wasn't impressed by at the first half United their passing wasn't good and there were some shaky moment in the back especially Ibra hitting the bar. But truth to be told both team had their chances that they could have scored. Also why did Utd bought Berbatov again?

And how was Arsenal? I only saw the last five minutes and the pk.
Old 2009-03-11, 19:17   Link #2272
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
His full name is Sergio Giovinco right? .. then yes, wiki listed his DoB in 1987.
It's Sebastian Giovinco. Well he's considered "young" here in Italy where the average age is generally higher. If it depended from me Seba would start every match. His brother Giuseppe Giovinco is also going to join the first team (both of them coming from Juve's youth academy) in the following years, hopefully. We are building a core of young players that need to be ready once the veterans hang their boots, but I wish Ranieri would use them more. So far the youngster with more minutes on field has been Marchisio (and he's doing well), but we have a lot of other talents that we could make good use of (De Ceglie, Fausto Rossi, Ariaudo, Ekdal, Iago Falque), if we had a smart coach.
Old 2009-03-11, 20:48   Link #2273
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^^well i guess his thinking is, if something works why fix it. also i bet those older players are getting paid a fair bit too, more than the youngsters. make your money worth it.

that's pritty late for Italy. calling a player who is 22 young. in PL we have players that are 16 and going onto 17 making there apperance. big clubs use the Carling Cup and early rounds of the FA cup to nurture players.

Arsenal are probs the best example in that respect. for the CC Wenger only uses his B/C team all the way.
Old 2009-03-11, 20:59   Link #2274
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Things are changing, albeit slowly though. Milan has Pato (19 years old) who's in the starting lineup every game, Inter (or should I say Mourinho) has "discovered" they actually had a good young italian left back, Santon (18 years old) and there's Balotelli (18 years old as well). Problem is these guys are an exception where generally players that are 21-22 years are still considered "youngsters". We can't really complain though, Italy's U-21 national team has won quite a lot in the past 10 years, so I wouldn't say that our youth policy has been a complete failure. It has been a failure in terms of club presence though, where most of our coaches seem to be too afraid to give them a starting spot. But things will change, for the plain simple reason that the old veterans are now so clearly out of shape that if italian teams really want to challenge others they'll need young blood sooner or later, whether they wanted it or not.
Old 2009-03-11, 21:16   Link #2275
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^true and i'm not saying this to gloate or out of spite or anything like that but, Italian team presense in the last couple of CL later rounds has been non-present.

also it's kind of different the under21 championship and the CL. IMO the CL is much harder to win and if they want there players to progress earlier than it's better to have them play competative games against even teams in the bottom end of the Scudetto. that way they get real game experience. because the pace of the game at the u21 level compaird to the pace of the Scudetto or CL is very different. it's fine nurturing young talent but if they are not playing Real games against the big teams than there is no point in the talent.

ultumately(can't spell) it's the coachs fault and the old fogie attatudes.
Old 2009-03-11, 23:22   Link #2276
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Things are changing, albeit slowly though. Milan has Pato (19 years old) who's in the starting lineup every game, Inter (or should I say Mourinho) has "discovered" they actually had a good young italian left back, Santon (18 years old) and there's Balotelli (18 years old as well). Problem is these guys are an exception where generally players that are 21-22 years are still considered "youngsters". We can't really complain though, Italy's U-21 national team has won quite a lot in the past 10 years, so I wouldn't say that our youth policy has been a complete failure. It has been a failure in terms of club presence though, where most of our coaches seem to be too afraid to give them a starting spot. But things will change, for the plain simple reason that the old veterans are now so clearly out of shape that if italian teams really want to challenge others they'll need young blood sooner or later, whether they wanted it or not.
Balotelli is goddamn awesome in football manager 09

I only have 1 comment on our game last night.. That goal we conceded isa goddamn school boys error I feel like killing both Toure and Gallas right there and then... Thank God we won the penalty -.-

I hate ManU player but man..

I hate ManU player :<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2009-03-11 at 23:44.
Old 2009-03-12, 06:09   Link #2277
Blaat

EPL 3 vs Series A 0, although to be honest I don't think the EPL teams were dominating their matches.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:28   Link #2278
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well it's no surprise to see it, really. If anyone thought that Serie A would quickly recover from Calciopoli it would be naive. It will take more years before italian teams can really be a contender again for the CL title, and most of all the whole Calcio scene needs to realize that they need to grow some balls and field more younger talents in the important games. Part of the current downfall of Serie A is also mirrored by the current form of the Italian national team which is still mostly composed of old players. It's about time to give a kick to the past and start building the fundament of the future. Until then, it'll be EPL dominance (with the occasional Barca as intruder).
Old 2009-03-13, 16:50   Link #2279
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^well you say that recovering will take time but, IMO the Calciopoli was still to lenient on some of the clubs. for JUve they cheated there way to the title and they were taken to Serie B and had points deducted (i think 9).

for them to only go down 1 devision was wrong. they should have at least gone down 2. and should of had several cash fines as well. because they were stripped of the title, that should mean that they are automatically out of the CL. that should not be part of the punishment. that comes as a given. how did they manag to get from 30 points deduction to only 9??? that to me remains a mystery.

also how did AC manage to keep there place in the CL. also in the case of Inter they should not have been awarded the title. if i remember correctly one of the other scandles was that the head of the security department(can't remeber the company name) was also the VC of Inter. and he even said that Moritti placed private calls to other officals as well as refs and players.

also some of the cases for the fines for Reginna, they were i think near 70k as a club, which is not enogh for a football club. and this can be said for all clubs and cash fines around the world. espically the big leauges like the spanish, english and italina. these clubs make sooo much money and they get fined hardly money that would disrupt there way.

it's the same with player fines, they get fined some money but, some of the players are getting paid upwards of 70-100k a week. fines of 10-20k are'nt even going to effect them.
Old 2009-03-14, 10:09   Link #2280
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Damn Utd got destroyed, what a terrible defending. Vidic should have done better for the first goal, Evra should have done better as well against Kuyt, and it didn't help the fact that after Vidic got a red card Liverpool scored. Offense wise it wasn't much better, they really need to take their chances and make better decisions in the final third. Credit to Liverpool as they took their chance very well, but Man Utd should have played better. Then again recently they have been bit sloppy this loss might help them.

Well the title race should become more interesting but Utd still has 4points lead with a game in hand.

Tags
football, soccer