AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 00:49   Link #1401
VnsFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
It seems to me enhancement is sort of the basic ability. Everyone need some of it to be viable in combat no matter what special ability you have. Without it you can be taken out in 1 hit.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Ten that keeps you protected?
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 01:36   Link #1402
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VnsFurs View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Ten that keeps you protected?
Ten still uses reinforcement. Remember that the exercise for the Hatsu is just doing Ren currently, and Ren is just a "explosive" Ten.

Basically, a enhancer's Ten > other people's Ten, all else being equal.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 02:38   Link #1403
VnsFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Ten still uses reinforcement. Remember that the exercise for the Hatsu is just doing Ren currently, and Ren is just a "explosive" Ten.

Basically, a enhancer's Ten > other people's Ten, all else being equal.
Ah, thank you for clarifying that.
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 04:13   Link #1404
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There are plenty of nen users who don't use Enhancer abilities at all though.

Also, Enhancer abilities CAN be different between different Enhancers.

Enhancer is not the 'stupid' category. A lot of nen users of other schools have abilities that aren't even useful in direct combat.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:17   Link #1405
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This has been bugging me for a while but is there a reason why Hisoka's body looks so weird? It looks like a lower half of his torso is a ball...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:16   Link #1406
Vicious108

Maybe precisely to ram up the weirdness factor? Hisoka is pretty eccentric, to say the least. Still, he only has that kind of torso in his Heavens Arena getup. He didn't look like that in the Hunter Exam.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:36   Link #1407
Salce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This has been bugging me for a while but is there a reason why Hisoka's body looks so weird? It looks like a lower half of his torso is a ball...
It's just some weird clothes.

You've already seen him naked, his body isn't like that.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 14:44   Link #1408
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salce View Post
You've already seen him naked...
Oh that's right. I must have blotted it out from my memory...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:25   Link #1409
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm pretty sure that Hisoka uses a bit Conjuring for Deceitful Texture,
I'm not so sure about that. It's visible, but is it a conjured object? Especially as he needs to cast it over some kind of surface - whatever solidity it has is actually provided by what it's cast upon, like his kerchief.

Quote:
and obviously punching and kicking falls in the realm of Enhancing.
Maybe, but if so it's a very basic use that everyone has.

Unlike, say, Kastro's tiger fist, which was an actual Enhancement technique. Just putting your nen in your hands wouldn't be enough to emulate it.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-06-20 at 18:20.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 17:49   Link #1410
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
True, but an enhancer of Hisoka's level would still be more powerful in that basic use.

It's important to remember that anyone can use any category of nen bar specialization. It just won't be as effective if you're not in that category.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:45   Link #1411
Arkeus

Quote:

Unlike, say, Kastro's tiger fist, which was an actual Enhancement technique. Just putting your nen in your hands wouldn't be enough to emulate it.
There is no difference there. It's just that an enhancer will be -better- at it, but usually pretty much everything a enhancer does other people do- just not as well.

Unless you are talking about specific spoilerific things.
Old 2012-06-21, 07:28   Link #1412
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The difference in power between an enhancer and for example a transmuter is pretty noticeable however. Hisoka can easily beat most enhancers though, due to the way he fights. He has ways of making people forget to use Gyo. And you can't hope to win against Hisoka if you don't use Gyo.

Texture Surprise is a pure transmuter skill though. It modifies the appearance of an existing surface. It doesn't summon a surface out of nowhere. Also he doesn't actually change the composition of the modified thing (usually a sheet of some kind), just the way it looks.

The razor sharp cards. THAT is enhancement.
Old 2012-06-21, 07:46   Link #1413
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Texture Surprise is a pure transmuter skill though. It modifies the appearance of an existing surface. It doesn't summon a surface out of nowhere. Also he doesn't actually change the composition of the modified thing (usually a sheet of some kind), just the way it looks.
Pretty sure Transmutation only affects the aura though. I don't see how he could modify the appearance of something with just that. Unless he's changing the color and visibility of his aura and sticking it to it?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:41   Link #1414
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Pretty sure Transmutation only affects the aura though. I don't see how he could modify the appearance of something with just that. Unless he's changing the color and visibility of his aura and sticking it to it?
He is making his aura into deceitful texture. Basically, his aura takes the ability to change the appearance of sufaces it touch.
Old 2012-06-21, 13:13   Link #1415
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He doesn't actually change the shape of the object. Just what the surface of it looks like. Only the eye is fooled. Also, transmuters been shown to affect things other than aura.
Old 2012-06-21, 13:23   Link #1416
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
There is no difference there. It's just that an enhancer will be -better- at it, but usually pretty much everything a enhancer does other people do- just not as well.
You could say the same about any technique of any affinity save Specialization. Given enough time and perseverance, any nen user could ape any other. Maybe fighters have more reasons to try it with basic enhancement stuff, but it doesn't go farther.

And there are enhancement techniques - they're not just a little stronger than basic use. An example would be Castro's Tiger Fist.

Quote:
The difference in power between an enhancer and for example a transmuter is pretty noticeable however. Hisoka can easily beat most enhancers though, due to the way he fights. He has ways of making people forget to use Gyo. And you can't hope to win against Hisoka if you don't use Gyo.
Hisoka can beat most anyone. It's not a matter of affinity.

Quote:

The razor sharp cards. THAT is enhancement.
Yeah. Probably emission too. But I was talking about techniques - the things that set nen users apart from each other, even within one affinity.
Old 2012-06-21, 14:54   Link #1417
Arkeus

Quote:
And there are enhancement techniques - they're not just a little stronger than basic use. An example would be Castro's Tiger Fist.
Sure, insofar as "Gyo" is a special enhancement technique.
Old 2012-06-21, 16:18   Link #1418
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Sure, insofar as "Gyo" is a special enhancement technique.
Note, that's basic. Anyone can do it.
Old 2012-06-21, 16:47   Link #1419
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There seems to be a bit of confusion between basic nen techniques and enhancement techniques.

Enhancement techniques strenghten the attributes of something, whereas basic techniques don't necessarily do so. Gyo is merely the focusing of one's aura into specific areas of the body, usually the eyes. Ten is merely condensing one's aura to form a shroud, and Ren is increasing the size of the normally emitted aura. An enhancement technique would be something that utilizes one or more of these techniques to strengthen the attributes of the body, a body part, or another object.

(This is called a Hatsu)
Old 2012-06-21, 17:08   Link #1420
Arkeus

Quote:
There seems to be a bit of confusion between basic nen techniques and enhancement techniques.

Enhancement techniques strenghten the attributes of something, whereas basic techniques don't necessarily do so. Gyo is merely the focusing of one's aura into specific areas of the body, usually the eyes. Ten is merely condensing one's aura to form a shroud, and Ren is increasing the size of the normally emitted aura. An enhancement technique would be something that utilizes one or more of these techniques to strengthen the attributes of the body, a body part, or another object.

(This is called a Hatsu)
No, it's really not. That's the beauty of enhancement.

Sure, you can have a "Hatsu" with Enhancement, but that would be more because of the nature of mastering a basic nen technique until you are better at it than you should be (because of spoilery rules about nen).

There is a reason why the "Hatsu" test was just doing Ren and training your affinity. Just by doing Ren or Ten or Gyo, someone is using enhancement.

Quote:
Note, that's basic. Anyone can do it.
Remember what Gon's Hatsu is- it is in fact a "basic" technique that everyone learns as you should know, except for the "name" of course.

Tags
action, shounen