AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-25, 14:33   Link #81
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Speaking of promotions, I wonder what rank Sentoumaru is. He's definitely VA caliber as a fighter, at least.
He is Admiral lvl at least regardless of his rank. He is the only marine with a title and it's best defense in the world. That wouldn't sit well with people who are supposedly stronger than him (Vice Admirals). The only people who can go through his defense would be Admirals. The main difference is that Momonga almost got fodderized by Hancock while Sentomaru wasn't (If they had some skirmish off panel). Sentomaru stands out from almost all of the marines.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:41   Link #82
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

Neat cover for sure, but I can't help but feel that some characters (particularly Chopper and Mocha) feel a bit out of place there. Like maybe Vergo and Monet (in her snow monster mode) could have taken their places instead..... oh well. I still like the cover, though. And so, here's to hoping that this volume's SBS corner will be a great one!
Old 2013-02-25, 14:48   Link #83
james0246

^I'm not sure why Sentomaru stuck out for you (his appearance?), but beyond being named he seemed to just be a set-up for a later arc with that one scientist guy (whose name escapes me), and not a looming presence like the admirals, Yonkou or the Shichibukai. That's not to say that I don't expect something good from him, just not something along the lines of one of the three groups I mentioned.

That being said, the real reason to suspect his involvement with the Admirals is the fact that his name contains the kanji for peach which could be a reference to the story of Momotaro from which the Admirals names are derived form.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:12   Link #84
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm not sure why Sentomaru stuck out for you (his appearance?), but beyond being named he seemed to just be a set-up for a later arc with that one scientist guy (whose name escapes me), and not a looming presence like the admirals, Yonkou or the Shichibukai. That's not to say that I don't expect something good from him, just not something along the lines of one of the three groups I mentioned.

That being said, the real reason to suspect his involvement with the Admirals is the fact that his name contains the kanji for peach which could be a reference to the story of Momotaro from which the Admirals names are derived form.
Sentomaru is based off of Kintaro (Japanese folklore) and his Sumo appearance. He said he doesn't use his Axe until he takes the fight more seriously which he only did on Hancock and she is no easy challenge. He has great responsibility being Vegapunks bodyguard and overseeing the Pacifistas. Along with him bragging about his best defense in the world don't see any Vas being stronger than him. It's impossible.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:58   Link #85
james0246

Quote:
don't see any Vas being stronger than him.
Sentomaru hasn't actually shown anything (beyond the oh so brief skirmish with Luffy). So claiming that he is stronger than others is a little silly (especially if you are basing everything off of his bragging). He is undoubtedly strong, but saying he is Admiral-level (whatever that means) is a bit too early with what little we know.

But, to each their own. I see no reason to wax poetic about Sentomaru, but I also don't really care, so whatever...

Last edited by james0246; 2013-02-25 at 16:17.
Old 2013-02-26, 23:57   Link #86
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Can anyone open chapter thread for 700?

I have the summary/spoiler, but I can't post it anywhere.
AP just went dead due to people F5ing it, and looks like OneManga is dead too.

ASuki has a much better backbone than them.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:12   Link #87
james0246

Chapter 700 thread has been started. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:15   Link #88
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Can anyone open chapter thread for 700?

I have the summary/spoiler, but I can't post it anywhere.
AP just went dead due to people F5ing it, and looks like OneManga is dead too.

ASuki has a much better backbone than them.

Well, as I mentioned in your visitor message, the thread is up! You can post it there when you're ready!
Old 2013-02-27, 11:01   Link #89
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Sentomaru hasn't actually shown anything (beyond the oh so brief skirmish with Luffy). So claiming that he is stronger than others is a little silly (especially if you are basing everything off of his bragging). He is undoubtedly strong, but saying he is Admiral-level (whatever that means) is a bit too early with what little we know.

But, to each their own. I see no reason to wax poetic about Sentomaru, but I also don't really care, so whatever...
No it's not World Best Defense is merely a VA lvl fighter? ...

Let's replace Sentomaru with Momonga vs Hancock at Impel Down.. do you see him struggling against Hancock when she tried and petrify everybody?
Old 2013-02-27, 11:12   Link #90
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Let's replace Sentomaru with Momonga vs Hancock at Impel Down.. do you see him struggling against Hancock when she tried and petrify everybody?
Hancock's attack has nothing to do with physical defense (which, as far as we know, is all Sento has), so your supposition is somewhat pointless. (Personally, I am still confused as to how she was able to petrify the Pacifista.)
Old 2013-02-27, 11:30   Link #91
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Hancock's attack has nothing to do with physical defense (which, as far as we know, is all Sento has), so your supposition is somewhat pointless. (Personally, I am still confused as to how she was able to petrify the Pacifista.)
It's more Haki related obviously but I suggest you re-read the chapter again since you forget about it.

You should read Sentomarus wikipedia page as well.
Closed Thread