Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-22, 12:28   Link #21
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
26 wont get a KVCD release till we've released our .ogm version... which should be out within the next week or two, hopefully.
25 will get a V2 KVCD release whenever we can be bothered :P

If you're having trouble with .ogm again, please try the forums and the guides on our site....

Thank you.
Yeah, I was having problems with .ogm until I started using wmp classic and it all worked suddenly.
Old 2003-11-22, 18:00   Link #22
brightman
Ancient Member

OK... Ep 26 is finally out from Anime-Realm (which is not bad, actually)...

Anyway, this has got to be the most rushed ending of the year. Geez.
Old 2003-11-22, 22:37   Link #23
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm starting to think that the reason they rushed the ending was they realized that nobody really cared for it much anymore by that point so no need in putting a lot of effort into the ending like they did with other anime at the time. Total bummer too since it was so promising.

In retrospect though, I'm beginning to think they were planning for a season 2, but decided to scrap that idea and just shut down the series at 1 season.
Old 2003-11-22, 22:40   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Thats too bad i actually like the idea of Espers, maybe they should give the rights over to another studio like Bones and start over again.
Old 2003-11-22, 23:23   Link #25
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Damn cliffhanging last episode. Well im going to be optimistic and just say Kai returned home after a couple days lol. But yea this anime did start out really good and kinda started to slip up in the end, but i still enjoyed watching it.

and the music was great!

........hoping for a season 2, and that they didnt scratch everything
Old 2003-11-23, 01:27   Link #26
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I'm starting to think that the reason they rushed the ending was they realized that nobody really cared for it much anymore by that point so no need in putting a lot of effort into the ending like they did with other anime at the time. Total bummer too since it was so promising.

In retrospect though, I'm beginning to think they were planning for a season 2, but decided to scrap that idea and just shut down the series at 1 season.
I think it's just crappy series planning on the producers parts... After all, we're talking about Studio Pierrot here, the one who makes the horrendously paced Naruto.
Old 2003-11-23, 17:25   Link #27
eMpTy265
<unranked>

hmm... I wish I had some of those esper abilities. =D

N E WayZ, I had the 'luxury' of not knowing about the series beforehand, and so I got to watch the entire series in 1 night.
(Yes, I'm crazy...)

During the first 10 episodes, I was thinking 'this series seems to be pretty promising, with decent plot and several mysterious items that await to be discovered.

But around ep.16 or so, I really got disappointed. The series started to randomly add elements into the storyline without explanation, and also 'solve' things in a very rash manner.

The ending, how should I put it? was simply HORRIBLE!!

Everything was over, yet very few (if any) of the questions were answered. Sort of depressing to see a series go downhill like that.

Now, I'm pretty sure I missed something... but:

#1. So what WAS Kai's true memories, and why did he go berserk when he saw the vial of blood?

#2. Hikaru, what was her special ability? Was it similar to Asuka's ability?

#3. Who ended up dying?

#4. Who's that Sherry girl? and what was her 'real' identity?

etc. etc.

Oh well... too many unanswered questions... =D

Well... I suppose E's Otherwise provided a good 'break' for me, now back onto the 'main' series. =D
Old 2003-11-23, 20:57   Link #28
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Should I delete the series then? Or is it good enough that I should keep it?

Sigh I can't decide. The begining of the series seem so good you know, I thought it would be a bit like X with similar art and all but I guess it just ended really differently.
Old 2003-11-23, 23:19   Link #29
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Should I delete the series then? Or is it good enough that I should keep it?

Sigh I can't decide. The begining of the series seem so good you know, I thought it would be a bit like X with similar art and all but I guess it just ended really differently.
The beginning was pretty good (though the manga was much better)... Then it gets repetitive as hell after the initial arc, but it gets interesting again after that...

The problem is that, like empty said, the ending resolves NOTHING, explains NOTHING, and we know NOTHING about what happens to the most important characters after that...

Plus what the heck's the point of Asuka in this show? She's supposed to be the female lead and the only important thing she did was saying 'Daijoubu desu"... Utterly pointless.
Old 2003-11-23, 23:50   Link #30
AnimeFangirl

Just finished watching ep 26, that is one really stupid way to end a series. I feel stupid just for having followed E's this long, I mean I've been so loyal, is a sensible and conclusive ending too much to ask for? All this fuss about Hikaru and Asuka's powers and in the end they come to absolutely nothing, that's just not good enough. Hmph!
Old 2003-11-24, 00:18   Link #31
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Disgusted is the only word i have for this show. It started out with so much promise and even made me laugh sometimes. It could have been something pretty good but man what a major let down. It's like the writers of the show just simply gave up 2\3rds of the way and just wrote crap as filler. What a major waste of space and cdr's. I have been faithful to this show since its beginning and for it end like that is just a slap in the face of its viewers. I now know what to watch out for when i choose a show. If groups drop a series it probally for a good reason. Like they knew this show was going to shit in a hand basket. Grr
Old 2003-11-24, 05:04   Link #32
CaliforniaRoll
Avocado,Cucumb,Crap,Mayo

Agreed, the ending was very rushed and a little dissapointing. I would rather have them rush through the other scenes and spend more time on the ending. Anyone else notice that kai went from having a black jacket in episode 25 to a white jacket in episode 26? I was really hoping this would continue, cause it was one of my favorite anime being released.
Old 2003-11-25, 19:56   Link #33
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Maybe there will be an E's Otherwise 2

Because:

what happened to Eiji? They said he's missing so as Kai. So it seems that they are not dead(Well of course Kai won't but Eiji)
What happened to Maxim? He don't look dead when you look at his face when Maria is holding him.
Cherry, ok, it was a fake hair...so? what's the deal of showing us that part?

So maybe they are making E's Otherwise 2 to answer those questions...Hope so...
Old 2003-11-26, 00:31   Link #34
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
I ahree with mos tof you,this was a very terrible way to end this series. I started to watch it when it first came out,I quit around episode 9 though, few moths later I stareted it back up,because a friend said it was starting to get good.BUt now im totally unsatisfied by this ending,making the whole series below my top 20 choices of best animes.Was once up in the top 10
Old 2003-11-26, 09:23   Link #35
Love Witch
Trying to think...

Didn't anyone understand it? And would he be so kind to explain?

That was soooo dissapointing! The thing I liked the most was the music.

Did anyone think Sherry looks a bit like Asuka?
Old 2003-11-27, 03:37   Link #36
Akkarael
Onigiri

Sherry was a guy, right? Or at least that's what I gathered from all of Kyo's snide remarks. I don't get what the wig bit at the end was supposed to symbolize though... was he tossing away his female persona? Why?

As for the rest of this unsatisfying episode....

What happened to Shen-long and Shin-lu? Did they blow each other up, or did Shen-long teleport them back to the pink-haired doctor with the memory disk? What's the vial of blood for? Who is Kei Kudo, anyway? In what way is Maxim linked to Kai? What's up with Hikaru's powers? What was Eiji's plan, in the end? At first I thought he wanted to kill all the humans, but then he wanted to turn them into espers using the Sacrament of Calvario? What is Kai's past, anyway? And what is Asuka's purpose in this entire show?? Or Maria's for that matter? Except maybe to provide a selection of female characters who never end up paired off with anyone

I think I had hope for this series at one point, but then the whole plot took a turn towards the nonsensical and the whole human-esper debate sounded like it could have come from one of the X-men movies.

Ah well - it could have been worse! Parts of the ride were fun, and at least it's another series I can cross off the list.
Old 2003-11-27, 10:06   Link #37
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Heh, no news on our version yet. Encoding started yesterday (can encode weeeeks before the script with soft-subs :P), but we're still waiting on a script. When it comes it we'll get it out asap.

And reading what happens at the end makes me even more disapointed. I really like the characters in E's (I hope I gave them a few good lines here and there heh), it's a shame to see them just droped. E's could have been SOOO much better than it was. It really is a damn shame it isnt as good.
Old 2003-11-28, 06:53   Link #38
b4k4

Send a message via AIM to b4k4
Wow. I can't believe they screwed this show up so bad.

FWIW, I think they tried to give some sort of conclusion to the characters with the still frames during the ending credits.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-28, 12:13   Link #39
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
another series screwd. shame on the developers of the series it had a lot of good element why would they go all the way to destroy it that really pisses me of just like kenshin SDK flame of recca etc...
Old 2003-11-28, 19:49   Link #40
Love Witch
Trying to think...

I think the only thing I understood was Eiji's plan:

Having the entire human population advance to the next step and get rid of all humans who don't become an esper. Or in other words, make a world with only espers.
Why? Because he thinks this is the only way they can live in peace

That's what I think at least (I could be wrong,I could be wrong)
Closed Thread