AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 22:46   Link #761
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
k question, what does everyone think about Elfman now. Since the girls have been released from their petrified states does that also apply to Elfman?

if not I hope it acts as a catalyst for Mira-chwan to get back into the game

really really really want to her let loose, you all know its gonna quite something
She will eventually, but this really isn't the right moment - we have Mist Gun and Gazille who still have to show off their strength.

Unless, of course, she turns evil...then I would fully approve of that!
Old 2008-11-20, 23:14   Link #762
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post

Why is that blasphemy? Since when did Erza become the strongest and unbeatable? She is strong, but not invincible. I would actually like to see Luxus pwn everybody in his rage, though since this is shounen he is doomed to lose in the end.

Heh... she has quite a fandom around here, and fandoms usually start to believe that their character is the best. I was going by that assumption here, but I could be wrong, and that the fandom might even admit Erza, though popular, isn't the strongest/most suited to be Guild Master/that kind of stuff

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 14:25   Link #763
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Heh... she has quite a fandom around here, and fandoms usually start to believe that their character is the best. I was going by that assumption here, but I could be wrong, and that the fandom might even admit Erza, though popular, isn't the strongest/most suited to be Guild Master/that kind of stuff
she is not the strongest in Fairy Tail but she is one of the 4 strongest not including the Guild Master.

As for the position of Guild Master, out of all the Fairy Tail members shown so far, Erza is the most suited.

Luz alienate too many of the members to work
Natsu too stupid
Mist Gun - How would he ran a guild meeting if he put everyone to sleep, he needs to take the mask off
Mira - lost her powers
Grey - possible but needs to mature first, backslides too much when he is with natsu

That basically leaves Erza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post

Why is that blasphemy? Since when did Erza become the strongest and unbeatable? She is strong, but not invincible. I would actually like to see Luxus pwn everybody in his rage, though since this is shounen he is doomed to lose in the end.
Lux could beat Erza but not without a lot of damage done to the surrounding area and a long drawn out fight.

Erza did went toe to toe with the Guild master of Phantom. She was losing but still standing when the old man return.

after fighting Erza, i doubt he would have much left to fight both Natsu and Gazelle. Not to mention Mist Gun.
Old 2008-11-21, 15:23   Link #764
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she is not the strongest in Fairy Tail but she is one of the 4 strongest not including the Guild Master.

As for the position of Guild Master, out of all the Fairy Tail members shown so far, Erza is the most suited.

Luz alienate too many of the members to work
Natsu too stupid
Mist Gun - How would he ran a guild meeting if he put everyone to sleep, he needs to take the mask off
Mira - lost her powers
Grey - possible but needs to mature first, backslides too much when he is with natsu

That basically leaves Erza

Lux could beat Erza but not without a lot of damage done to the surrounding area and a long drawn out fight.

Erza did went toe to toe with the Guild master of Phantom. She was losing but still standing when the old man return.

after fighting Erza, i doubt he would have much left to fight both Natsu and Gazelle. Not to mention Mist Gun.
Don't forget that Erza was badly injured while fighting the Guild Master of Phantom.

Erza is far from invincible, but she definetly is one of the strongest characters in this series.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:54   Link #765
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

She was injured already before fighting Jose and she even took down Aria, the strongest of the Elemental 4. But yeah, Jose was just toying with her as well.

Ezra might be young, but she's an obvious choice. She has taken to heart Makarov's teachings and way of doing things so there's no chance of his continuing dream for Fairy Tail will die in Ezra's hands.

As for Mist Gun, I think he's the one who needs to take down Fried Justine aka 'Word Trap Magic Man'. The guy is smart and knows how to use his magic to his advantage. He needs to get spanked by an S-rank.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:00   Link #766
Boduar

After her display this time it proves her magic really does have some nice uber haxx.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:42   Link #767
Cinocard

I must say Erza would be in shit if both her eyes were normal. She's powerful, sure, but she's also a real bad match for Evergreen.

In term of usefulness, Evergreen stone spell is better, silent kill, mass effect, good support.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 13:03   Link #768
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I must say Erza would be in shit if both her eyes were normal. She's powerful, sure, but she's also a real bad match for Evergreen.

In term of usefulness, Evergreen stone spell is better, silent kill, mass effect, good support.
I think Erza could still win, but it would involve either mass destruction as Erza demolished the area around her with her eyes closed, or Erza pulling the anti-gorgan strategy and uses a reflective surface to defeat her.

Erza's skill is honestly more flexible, since she can change her armor and weapons so suit the situation, and I'm willing to bet Evergreen's abilities have their limits, or Luxus would be weaker then her and she could have defeated the Guild Master with a look.
Old 2008-11-22, 17:43   Link #769
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
and I'm willing to bet Evergreen's abilities have their limits, or Luxus would be weaker then her and she could have defeated the Guild Master with a look.
Beating evergreen would be quite simple for Luxus... before she takes off her glass and make eye contact with him, he just lightning teleports behind her and bolt her full of lightning... i somehow doubt she has a high tolerance for that kind of pain... really, any mage that can teleport, could do the same; and being able to attack from long distance aswell also helps... problem ofcourse being that most mages we've seen in fairy tail don't have some kind of teleportation magic... Jet's god leg speed might also be of use to hit her and avoid petrification (though i think her other magic might be too much for someone of his level)

fried can block the stone eyes with his magic given preparation time; and i'm not sure if bixlow even needs to see his enemy to tell his babies to attack them...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 21:42   Link #770
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Beating evergreen would be quite simple for Luxus... before she takes off her glass and make eye contact with him, he just lightning teleports behind her and bolt her full of lightning... i somehow doubt she has a high tolerance for that kind of pain... really, any mage that can teleport, could do the same; and being able to attack from long distance aswell also helps... problem ofcourse being that most mages we've seen in fairy tail don't have some kind of teleportation magic... Jet's god leg speed might also be of use to hit her and avoid petrification (though i think her other magic might be too much for someone of his level)

fried can block the stone eyes with his magic given preparation time; and i'm not sure if bixlow even needs to see his enemy to tell his babies to attack them...
and Erza can just gate of bablyon on her if she didn't care about the surrounding area.

Evergreen is best used in infiltration and surprise attacks. if the enemy knew in advance what her powers are they can fine ways to neutralize it.
Old 2008-11-23, 11:39   Link #771
gencbiba

Don't really like the recent way Natsu has been acting weak. He got defeated so easily, and so far into the manga, we don't know much about his powers. Completely different from One Piece, as Luffy was first introduced well, along with his powers and what he could do before they added in all these different characters.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:25   Link #772
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Erza's skill is honestly more flexible, since she can change her armor and weapons so suit the situation, and I'm willing to bet Evergreen's abilities have their limits, or Luxus would be weaker then her and she could have defeated the Guild Master with a look.
The Guild Master was pretty much defeated with a quick sneak attack in the Phantom Arc
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 20:27   Link #773
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Don't really like the recent way Natsu has been acting weak. He got defeated so easily, and so far into the manga, we don't know much about his powers. Completely different from One Piece, as Luffy was first introduced well, along with his powers and what he could do before they added in all these different characters.
I think we know a lot about Natsu's power. I mean we know he has ancient fire magic that allows him to wield it in many forms and change the consistency of the fire to use it even to grab onto things (like when he was fighting on that bridge). We know he has to eat fire the make more. Also he can eat other magic but gets sick if he does. I am more interested in his back story because as we have been lead to believe in recent chapters he might actually be older than 80!!!! I mean it's getting interesting and until he finds Igneel the dragon we probably won't find out anything about his true power. Which I'm sure is a lot greater than even he knows it is. IMHO.
Old 2008-11-24, 03:59   Link #774
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That, or he's a statue.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 04:43   Link #775
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

as natsu is now he should not be able to beat Lexus. the s class mages are in a different leauge. natsu is strong but, i think if Lexus got really serious he would hurt him.

it should be mackrov, erza or mistgun who end up defeating him. also it would be great if Mira would beat him, but that dream is as distant as Yachiru batteling in bleach. we all want to see it happen and it will aventully happen but, not now. though i hope to be wrong.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:57   Link #776
Naght
Unknown Light
*Artist

I just wanna see Mistgun fight. He oozes badass.
Naght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 05:18   Link #777
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for chapter 113:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 23:18   Link #778
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
I think we know a lot about Natsu's power. I mean we know he has ancient fire magic that allows him to wield it in many forms and change the consistency of the fire to use it even to grab onto things (like when he was fighting on that bridge). We know he has to eat fire the make more. Also he can eat other magic but gets sick if he does. I am more interested in his back story because as we have been lead to believe in recent chapters he might actually be older than 80!!!!
Actually there's one other thing you missed that we know about natsu's magic... though it's only been mentioned like twice, the first time being in the first chapter... Dragon slayer magic allows the mage to change the consistency of their body to that of a dragon

Natsu can change his body so that it is like the body of a fire dragon... and the same goes for Gazzille in regards to a steel dragon... neither of them can leave the barrier... So maybe the question we should be asking is not, how old is Natsu, but how old is Igneel and the steel dragon; i'm willing to bet over the age of 80
Old 2008-11-26, 00:42   Link #779
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually there's one other thing you missed that we know about natsu's magic... though it's only been mentioned like twice, the first time being in the first chapter... Dragon slayer magic allows the mage to change the consistency of their body to that of a dragon

Natsu can change his body so that it is like the body of a fire dragon... and the same goes for Gazzille in regards to a steel dragon... neither of them can leave the barrier... So maybe the question we should be asking is not, how old is Natsu, but how old is Igneel and the steel dragon; i'm willing to bet over the age of 80
thats what I said before, I think cause their magic is ancient and their bodies constitution is that of a dragon, the barrier sees that as being over 80 so therefore aren't allowed to leave.

well either way, its gonna be answered sooner or later but want I want is for them to break out and raise hell!

lol we all know with them 2 loose, the town would probably end up being leveled
Old 2008-11-27, 17:07   Link #780
Slayerx

Well the newest chapter is out...

Seems like the battle is not over as Luxus came up with a back up plan... i'm guessing that the hall of lightning is something that Luxus devised and is as such the only one able to control, as it would have been VERY useful during the phantom lord attack.

And aside from Ezra, it seems like Kana is the only one who really enjoys a good fight... too bad she never gets any fights... even though she was acting like a leader in the phantom lord attack in the absence of the others she really didn't do much... never even really got to see her magic...though she always did seem like one of the minor characters that the author wanted to shed a bit more focus and importance on...

And Natsu and gazzille might just get out of that barrier... I guess Levi thinks she can use her word magic to rewrite fried's or something like that

grant it, i'm not sure where things are going... possible team up of Natsu and Gazzille to beat luxus maybe (as their is a very good chance they will get out in time to fight)... personally i don't want to see Natsu win in a solo fight against Luxus, not without him having an advantage like having a partner, or Luxus having a disadvantage like being badly injured before the fight... frankly, i prefer seeing the main character on a bit of a lower level since it reminds you that he still has room to grow...

Also, now that everyone is de-petrified, and their are numerous fighters, i'm wondering... are we still gonna be granted a fight from mistgun, or is he once again gonna work behind the scenes to take down the temple of lightning... maybe both... i think it's likely he will fight as that was the main purpose of his introduction in the previous chapter; if all he was gonna do was work as support, i don't think they would have bothered with an intro and would have just had him pop up when it was his time to shine, much like he did during the phatom lord attack...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen